Jump to content
Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nathair said:

Thanks @Nimrodel!

 

So as far as a name, @Jazeki.... it is now Airgid Iontas de Oiche Shamhna, which in plain english is "Silver Surprise of Halloween". :lol:

Very pretty and unique!

Share this post


Link to post

I actually managed to get a Bronze Shimmer from October's raffle \^-^/

A silver would have been awesome but I don't mind having a Bronze instead :3 I'm just excited it's a Shimmer since they're my favorite prize <3 

Share this post


Link to post

!!!!!!

 

Forgot entirely about the raffles! Been too caught up raising egg count from ap. Well then, time to enter this month's. Hopefully I win as it would be a nice birthday present since my birthday falls on the exact day the winner is pulled XD

Share this post


Link to post

I also forgot to enter once. :lol:

 

I wonder if there will be different goals in the future? Like breeding or catching specific eggs?

Share this post


Link to post

@Gluria There will be different goals, but I'm glad it still remains that simple. I never won, all my prize dragons were gifted to me by generous cavers. They're still very valuable and the demand is high. My tip is that the goal will change on next DC birthday.

 

I'm checking my raffle page every week, don't know why. I always enter as soon as I can... I didn't enter July raffle, though. Because I hate having eggs when I can't check them daily. I left home on 29th June, shortly returned to few hours each 10 days, and finaly returned on 31st July - too late. Now I would probably catch random CB eggs the day I'm leaving and put them in one carefuly chosen hatchery and hope for the best.

Share this post


Link to post

This month is the first I've entered the raffle. Had a bit of a break (again :ph34r:) over the spring/summer. Didn't get chance to enter the October one as my dragons hadn't grown up in time. 

Share this post


Link to post

I took a short hiatus from dragcave and missed all the excitement. I am so so happy there's another chance to get one of these lovely dragons. *enters raffle*

 

It'll be easy to fulfil the requirements, I have 8 months of dragons to catch up on. >_>

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, zaverxi said:

I took a short hiatus from dragcave and missed all the excitement. I am so so happy there's another chance to get one of these lovely dragons. *enters raffle*

 

It'll be easy to fulfil the requirements, I have 8 months of dragons to catch up on. >_>

I'm in the same boat, except with a year and a half of catching up to do. *Beleagured sigh*

Share this post


Link to post

Haha I didn't even realize there was a raffle you could enter. I just assumed the winners were the really active gifters/posters on the forums. It wasn't until last month when I checked 'account' and noticed the raffle. I blame my migraine medication it really messes with your mind.

Share this post


Link to post

Personally, I think if someone wins, they should at least have some time out period for being able to enter again.   Everything being rng and all it still does not seem right that some have 3 cb prizes while many long term players have 0.

 

Of course with TJ dropping 60 of these a month, it will not be long before they lose their appeal, 3rd gens are already worthless!

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Personally, I think if someone wins, they should at least have some time out period for being able to enter again.   Everything being rng and all it still does not seem right that some have 3 cb prizes while many long term players have 0.

 

Of course with TJ dropping 60 of these a month, it will not be long before they lose their appeal, 3rd gens are already worthless!

This might interest you:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/180550-answeredideas-on-limiting-reoccurring-raffle-winners/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-9563292

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

 

Only interesting in that I am not the only one seeing it as unfair :)   Some people are just luckier than others apparently, but with the way people hold 2nd gen prizes hostage, someone having 3 while others have none still does not seem right!

 

If I ever do win one I am breeding it straight to the AP, this way normal people have a chance too and not just these prize snobs or the cb gold snipers!

Share this post


Link to post

Random is random. It's the only TRULY fair way to run it.

 

No, I have never won either. But I still hold to that.

Share this post


Link to post

Absolutely agreed. I'm totally fine with the fact that there are people who have won multiple times, because it's random and therefore fair.

 

Though, given that computers can never achieve true random, maybe TJ should consider using lava lamps. XD

Share this post


Link to post

WOW. And I always wanted one of those...  What an amazing thing. We could each buy TJ one....

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

Absolutely agreed. I'm totally fine with the fact that there are people who have won multiple times, because it's random and therefore fair.

 

Though, given that computers can never achieve true random, maybe TJ should consider using lava lamps. XD

 

A whole new reason to love lava lamps!  :D

 

Bear in mind, the DC raffles (I presume) also contain a second random element - after all, we have no way to know which number ticket we "claim" each month or where our ticket sits relative to anyone else's.  Best you can do is "somewhere at the beginning" if you enter ASAP when the new raffle opens, "somewhere in the middle" for most of the rest of the month, or "probably somewhere at the end" if you enter in the last available day or so.  And you have no way of knowing when the bulk of entries are made.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

 

A whole new reason to love lava lamps!  :D

 

Bear in mind, the DC raffles (I presume) also contain a second random element 

Okay, yeah, absolutely true. To be honest I really just wanted an excuse to post about the lava lamps. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LibbyLishly said:

Okay, yeah, absolutely true. To be honest I really just wanted an excuse to post about the lava lamps. :lol:

 

Entirely justified!  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Karobb said:

 

Only interesting in that I am not the only one seeing it as unfair :)   Some people are just luckier than others apparently, but with the way people hold 2nd gen prizes hostage, someone having 3 while others have none still does not seem right!

 

If I ever do win one I am breeding it straight to the AP, this way normal people have a chance too and not just these prize snobs or the cb gold snipers!

Whoah when did 2nd gen prizes turn into a hostage situation? Even years ago I can't recall that happening unless someone was harassed really badly. Anda number of people (including myself) do just give away their 2nd gen eggs, but it's unlikely to be through the AP. Instead I've seen most of them in forums or chat groups.

As for fairness, in all honesty no matter how the raffles are set up, people are going to be dissatisfied. It's how events with limited winners go, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ForeverFlygon said:

Whoah when did 2nd gen prizes turn into a hostage situation? Even years ago I can't recall that happening unless someone was harassed really badly. Anda number of people (including myself) do just give away their 2nd gen eggs, but it's unlikely to be through the AP. Instead I've seen most of them in forums or chat groups.

As for fairness, in all honesty no matter how the raffles are set up, people are going to be dissatisfied. It's how events with limited winners go, unfortunately.

 

You would think having more 1st gen prizes would make 2nd gens more available, however the opposite is happening, I see people only swapping them for other 2nd gens, so yeah there is that!

People are even trading prize fails like they were cb golds, its pretty disgusting if you ask me!   Those used to be given away freely!

Edited by Karobb

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Karobb said:

You would think having more 1st gen prizes would make 2nd gens more available, however the opposite is happening, I see people only swapping them for other 2nd gens, so yeah there is that!

Huh, now that's strange. Maybe because of the absolutely absurd rarity for cb prizes, people get the sense of "you've done it, you cant get any rarer" and only go for swaps because of that? And things like NDs and cb metals require a lot of time/luck/fast internet, so that narrows the standard trading pool to a prohibitively small size. Really, when i have nobody in my list for the pb prize eggs, I just launch them out of a tshirt cannon in the general direction of a dragcave discord or skype group.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ForeverFlygon said:

Huh, now that's strange. Maybe because of the absolutely absurd rarity for cb prizes, people get the sense of "you've done it, you cant get any rarer" and only go for swaps because of that? And things like NDs and cb metals require a lot of time/luck/fast internet, so that narrows the standard trading pool to a prohibitively small size. Really, when i have nobody in my list for the pb prize eggs, I just launch them out of a tshirt cannon in the general direction of a dragcave discord or skype group.

 

LOL, PB prize eggs, please, that right there says it all!  Not to worry with 60 going out each month they will not be rare for long, so enjoy it while you can!

Edited by Karobb

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Karobb said:

LOL, PB prize eggs, please, that right there says it all!

yeah the pb gold tinsel eggs are a result of absurd luck. I think I used up any luck i might need in the next ten years lol.

 

And I just give away tinselfails in the DC discord, although once I have another pb egg I'll be holding a raffle for it on either twitter or tumblr. In all honesty besides a very small number of things I don't really have anything rare I want. All i desire is to increase my hoard of gilded bloodscales.

Share this post


Link to post

I had a dream last night that I won a Bronze shimmer *fingers crossed* I've never won a raffle in my life.

 

VV Idk what its gender was, but the name was "Shimmerbab" which I just put on a placeholder. 

Edited by Earth Gurl

Share this post


Link to post

That's funny. I had a dream I won one, too. Except I don't remember the color, or what I gendered it as. All I could see in my dream was that I won one, and then I Raffled off the first 2G baby in the Departures Thread. XD

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.