Kaini

Raffle Discussion

I've entered but... I don't seem to even care that much about the result anymore? Idk, I'll die laughing if I win at all, but I rather expect the opposite, more likely scennario. ¯\_()_/¯

3 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

I've entered but... I don't seem to even care that much about the result anymore?

My interest in winning decreased markedly after winners were no longer able to choose a custom code.

The only reason I enter the raffle at all is because I'd love to gift people with 2nd-gens. I see so many people who want 2nd-gens so badly, and I would love to be able to help out! But yeah, I'm not a lineage-based user so I don't particularly care about having a CB Prize... I just want to gift those 2nd-gens.

9 hours ago, Miral said:

My interest in winning decreased markedly after winners were no longer able to choose a custom code.

This

As someone who wanted the custom code Daryl for the longest time, I can definitely say my interest dropped slightly when I realized we could no longer choose the code. But when (ha... more like "if") I get a CB Prize, I will only keep one 2G for myself, and the rest will be gifted. Also as someone who struggled for the past 6 years to even have the four 2Gs that I do now, yeah, I'm gonna help those out who haven't even been that lucky.

15 hours ago, Miral said:

LOL I don't even care about custom codes, gotta be grateful for winning at all... 

Alright. I did a thing.

Question: Is the randomizer really that random?

Take-it-or-Leave-it Answer: I did a small experiment with an online randomizer. I put 100 names into it. I "pulled the lever" 500 times. At least 20 names came up more than once, some even 5-10 times, and some didn't even show up once. I know it would require way more extensive research and experimenting with a larger pool and more "pulls", but that's a bit concerning in of itself... Sounds a bit biased, and that wasn't even taking any game mechanics into account (if they have some sort of sway, that I cannot know).

That's because "chance" does not equal "guarantee." If you "pull the lever" roughly an infinite number of times, you may get close to equal distribution - and it'll still not be perfect.

Throw a coin 10 times and you most likely will *not* have 5 heads and 5 tails, even though each throw should have equal chances at both.

Ah, fair enough. I did understand that part of it. I still am a bit skeptical when I have seen at least five people now winning twice... XD

Wishing everyone the best of luck for this next raffle :lol:

I'm hoping you guys win some pretty Gold Shimmers

and influence 'em female, and hopefully, you'll want to trade me lovely 2G

Ideally, we'd all get a prize (in my perspective, hahah). But raffles are a miraculous blessing all by themselves and their existence. I haven't entered this month, nor do I plan to, but I'm still excited to see the results.

Edited by 888888

I've entered two raffles so far and I'm glad they exist, even if I've not yet won.

Good luck everybody! Can't wait to check the status at the end of the month~

On 9. 9. 2017 at 6:33 PM, Metal-n-Monster said:

Ah, fair enough. I did understand that part of it. I still am a bit skeptical when I have seen at least five people now winning twice... XD

Can't agree more. It is unfair and so I don't like this raffle at all. :ph34r:

It is just as fair as anyone winning anything at all, considering the amount of prizes and the number of applicants for them.

I'm happy about this raffle. And I don't even need to be online every day for entering.

I prefer this raffle method too! oftentimes I didn't have the time to do all the tasks for the holiday raffles, so this is nice and simple

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere before, but do we have to be on the raffle page at the time of the drawing to receive the prize? 3 AM EST isn't the best time for me, as I have college and have to sleep early.. :P

4 minutes ago, AbelsAmazingDragons said:

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere before, but do we have to be on the raffle page at the time of the drawing to receive the prize? 3 AM EST isn't the best time for me, as I have college and have to sleep early.. :P

No, you don't have to be on the raffle page to draw your prize. On the page itself is where you can get it, but you don't have to be there at the time of drawing. If you win, you can draw the prize at any time until the next raffle. When the next raffle occurs and you have not picked up your prize, you will not be able to retrieve it. But you actually get around 1 month's time to get your prize egg if you win.

Edited by 888888

2 minutes ago, 888888 said:

No, you don't have to be on the raffle page to draw your prize. On the page itself is where you can get it, but you don't have to be there at the time of drawing. If you win, you can draw the prize at any time until the next raffle. When the next raffle occurs and you have not picked up your prize, you will not be able to retrieve it. But you actually get around 1 month's time to get your prize egg if you win.

Thank you. I have one more question. I've read before that multi-scrolling is bad. I have other accounts from over the years, but I chose to start over and I don't get on the old ones anymore - would I be breaking any rules that would make me ineligible for the raffle just by owning these accounts? if so, is there any way to delete them?

1 minute ago, AbelsAmazingDragons said:

Thank you. I have one more question. I've read before that multi-scrolling is bad. I have other accounts from over the years, but I chose to start over and I don't get on the old ones anymore - would I be breaking any rules that would make me ineligible for the raffle just by owning these accounts? if so, is there any way to delete them?

There is no way to delete these accounts. I would think you'd be alright if you don't use them at all, but in any case that you continued their usage it would be considered multi-scrolling. If you only use your current account you should be okay, but entering from your previous accounts and such would be breaking the game's rules.

1 minute ago, 888888 said:

There is no way to delete these accounts. I would think you'd be alright if you don't use them at all, but in any case that you continued their usage it would be considered multi-scrolling. If you only use your current account you should be okay, but entering from your previous accounts and such would be breaking the game's rules.

Thank you very much, I should be good then. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, AbelsAmazingDragons said:

Thank you very much, I should be good then. Good luck!

You're welcome - and best of luck to you as well!

12 minutes ago, AbelsAmazingDragons said:

Since even ditching a forum account and creating a new one is against the rules (I don't even know if ditching scrolls and creating a new one is against them), I'd personally contact TJ (the owner, obviously) with a question like that. Tell him the situation. Include the scroll names. He can give a more proper answer. He can possibly "burn" (ban) the old ones which essentially makes them inaccessible, period. That may be the best bet for you. I personally wouldn't risk having multiple accounts out there, even if you haven't accessed them in a long, long time.

Tonight is the night! I'm not going to get my hopes up, but good luck to everyone else who is entering! It's always nice to see fresh blood in the winner's pool XD

Just now, AngelsSin said:

Excited for another chance at a prize, it would be an early bday gift, but not getting my hopes up. Good luck to everyone. I do hope that more people without cbs win rather than people who already have one or more though.

I second that. Emphasis mine. :rolleyes: Also, Happy Early Birthday!

Edited by Metal-n-Monster