Paradisiske

ANSWERED:bring back cb prizes

There is also no way of knowing how many of those less than 840 people are active players all this time later, or indeed how many ever bred their Prizes at all.

I happen to have a 2nd gen from a user who was inactive for much of the past year and a half (close friends of the user and the user let me know each time I went to fullfil trades) and I know there is one prize winner who sadly passed away (her daughter had a note in her sig), so as others have noted, there are probably fewer than that one percent.

So, to increase the availability of low gen Prizes in general, we need more CB's and BAD.

Geez, less than one percent...

Now we just need to settle on HOW.

So, to increase the availability of low gen Prizes in general, we need more CB's and BAD.

Geez, less than one percent...

Now we just need to settle on HOW.

I like your idea of releasing them in the cave, but like I said earlier, I fear that ship's already sailed sad.gif Anyway, just to be thorough there already is a suggestion that even includes the possibility of bringing more types of prizes (pygmies and such) and eventually get them all released in the cave. Not sure if this is the place to rehash that proposal, so here's the link including all arguments we listed back then to have them released in the cave. smile.gif

Edited by Sheriziya

If you want CB Prizes sooner rather than later

I'd rather wait and have a good, well-designed, well-thought-out system than have something slapped into the game that's terrible. I haven't had a CB Prize on my scroll for the three years since I made it, I can wait another three if I need to.

And also, if we want it enough, refine it perfectly, and gather enough of the forum userbase into excitement over the idea, chances are that it'll be introduced eventually wink.gif

Also, from the quote in the first post of that link in the post above:

Marionetta has stated that she wouldn't do a recolor for a coal version of Tinsels and isn't really enthusiastic about releasing the Tinsels into the cave

If the spriter doesn't want them in the cave, that should at least be taken into consideration. It should be more of a last resort, 'only if there's no other good suggestion' kind of thing than the first thing to jump to.

I happen to dislike the idea of Prizes being released in-cave for several reasons, my own inability to catch anything in the cave (I was very proud when I caught my own Spessartine) being one of them. xd.png

I happen to dislike the idea of Prizes being released in-cave for several reasons, my own inability to catch anything in the cave (I was very proud when I caught my own Spessartine) being one of them. xd.png

Agreed, if they're released in cave, I'd like to see them as uncommons, but not rares. One variant for each biome, or maybe they could work similar to lunar heralds.

Well, there are quite a few drawbacks to making prize dragons part of our regular cave drops.

First of all, they'd cause the same problem as CB golds or silvers - some people will be able to catch them all the time to the point where most of their eggs are of those types (let's not name names, but there were some users who, miraculously, always had their scrolls full of CB metal eggs...). While others won't even be able to see them in the cave (unless there's a flood of those things, which I've seen once for metals since Oct 2009.) I think I've seen less than 5 CB metals in the cave in the entire year, and I've caught what, 3 or 4 CB silvers in 7 years? Add 0 CB golds to that list (the two I have were gifts by awesome people). I know there are other players like me, and as much as we'd appreciate a CB shimmer or tinsel of our own, we'd better not expect to get one ever. Even if these dragons turn out to be merely uncommon, there's the factor of user-driven rarity, which will make these as good as extinct in the wild in no time at all.

Second, we're quite likely to get another batch of cheaters. Shiny dragon that's hard to get - how many scrolls have been burnt in recent times due to rule-breaking? And how many shinies are now on burnt scrolls - shinies all of us honest players would love to have?

Third, there are other options. Personally, I think the in-cave release of CB prizes is the 2nd worst of all of them. (The worst: More raffles / competitions.)

My personal favorites:

- in-cave store

- finishing one holiday event a year. (We get different kinds of events every year that do take their time to complete - a Valentine's event, Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween event, Trick or Treat, Winter Holiday event. Did I miss any? Why not hand out a prize to everyone who completes one of these events, but no more than 1 prize every year - up to one for 2016, up to one for 2017, another for 2018? You choose which event you complete. Even if you're busy on Christmas, you should be able to complete at least one event in the course of a year if only you try.)

Both systems are reliable and pretty much guarantee that you will be able to acquire a CB prize, even if it's only one prize per year (or more, depending on how the store is going to be implemented).

I'm even neutral on not increasing the number of CB prizes.

But I absolutely hate anything that is based on chance - be it a cave release for prizes or another raffle. Because, yes, even catching an in-cave rare is a game of chance. And let's not talk about "summoning" an egg! (I may have been lucky, as I only needed about 2 years to get my fill of 3 GoN, but others are in a much worse situation.)

I really don't care what mechanism is used, so long as it gives at least a tiny chance to everyone of getting one at some point. I just really, really want it to be possible to get CB Prizes again. It's not fair to just take them away so suddenly and deny the rest of us even a chance to ever have one, IMO. Yes, I know, it's TJ's game and he can do whatever he wants, but if he wants people other than himself to play it, it does behoove him to consider fairness in how he deals with his userbase.

All of the suggestions on how to bring back Prize dragons are great, BECAUSE ..right now our chances of being able to get one are : ZERO, so I am in full support of any suggestion that would give us even a snowball's chance of being able to get one.

The main thing I'm not understanding with this discussion is all the people saying new prizes would make them less rare or how the rarity needs to be upheld. Tinsels and Shimmers are uncommon at best. (based on breeding) The cave makes no difference between a bred or a CB egg. Only users do. So currently the CB's are ultra-rare, but the dragons themselves are uncommon. Would it really be so bad if the CB numbers reflected that too?

I'm not sure about giving a prize to every active player, but I support creating more of them on-site.

If we don't get any new CBs, they're going to become more and more rare as time goes on and users quit/go on hiatus/decide not to trade anymore. Not to mention there are lots of the CB owners who just swap 2G eggs amongst themselves.

I wouldn't mind just bringing back HMs either. I'd absolutely love a CB Soulpeace or Storm-Rider just for the novelty of it.

And part of me just wants to get a dragon with a certain code because I'm a total fangirl. xd.png

Not to mention there are lots of the CB owners who just swap 2G eggs amongst themselves.

And that's exactly why everyone should have at least one IMHO. Because it allows all players to participate in that part of the game, instead of only a select few.

(Note to everyone who might feel offended by my statement: I know and agree that there's nothing wrong with the practice of using 2nd gens only for swaps. I just feel that everybody should be able to do so.)

I just want the opportunity to have a CB prize dragon. I don't believe that's asking too much.

The main thing I'm not understanding with this discussion is all the people saying new prizes would make them less rare or how the rarity needs to be upheld. Tinsels and Shimmers are uncommon at best. (based on breeding) The cave makes no difference between a bred or a CB egg. Only users do. So currently the CB's are ultra-rare, but the dragons themselves are uncommon. Would it really be so bad if the CB numbers reflected that too?

Exactly this. I don't think there's any other dragon with as big a difference in rarity between CB and bred, and it really makes no sense.

I just want the opportunity to have a CB prize dragon. I don't believe that's asking too much.

I don't belive it either, but apparently it is a big deal for everyone interested in keeping them as an elite. tongue.gif

The problem is that a "dragon type elite" like CB prizes creates an elite group of users, too.

The simple fact they are not available to everyone makes them a symbol of "rich status" in game, which creates rivality, usless frustration, greedy feelings for the winners and bitterness in the "loosers": none of these feelings are positive into the community.

This game always based in the past on hard work, dedication, patience and just a minor percentage of luck, but this has been completely changed by the addition of raffles.

Raffle are not fair and not suited for this type of game unless they don't give any extra permanent privilege to the winners.

This is a collecting game and we are supposed to collect everything with equal chances. Raffles are gone now and everyone who joined later has already minor chances of collecting all dragons: this proves by itself how unfair is this system.

That's why I support the Trader Canyon suggestion to make them available through the store, because it's the easiest way to keep their rarity, help the game by raising the most common dragons and lower their cave blocking, showing dedication and effort while at the same time keeping everything fair.

The only thing I would change to the store suggestion would be the addition of CB Hybrids and CB ALTernative. I would have been perfectly fine of NEVER seen them relased in cave, but since they are ALREADY here I simply can't ignore the fact that a new kind of lineage (and so of collecting style) has born. I wish to see them return in some kind of "exception".

CB Hybrids and Alts aren't a new breed, they were relased in cave before the raffles.

However their unique nature of "Dragon that are CB but they shouldn't be" may allow me to think that earning a single CB ALT/Hybrid for each year of playing the game would be acceptable, but I would state some limitations for sure, as for example: not treadable egg, obtainable only if u have played the entire Christmast event OR if u own at least 50 dragons and so on...

Since there are 3 ALternatives and 10 Hybrids it would require 26 years to have a CB couple (male and female) of each one. I think that after 25 YEARS of Dragon Cave you would kinda deserve such reward. tongue.giftongue.gif

Basically I agree with everything that Sheriziya said, the only exception is that I don't want to see CB Tinsels and Shimmers being gifted right away since they are "regular" dragons and not "exceptions" as CB ALTs and CB Hybrids:

- NO to raffles with The Tinsels and Shimmers as prizes. I'm not going repeat all the arguments I listed in the other topic, though I still stand by them, especially since we took a LOT of groups into consideration in that discussion. TL;DR: read the posts I linked.

- YES to raffles with honorable mentions for CB hybrids and CB holidays (NO "prizes" though!!!)

- Certainly YES to the option of earning CB "prizes" through the Trader's Canyon (still have to read through the entire topic, but I like the basic idea I read about it, I'll comment there since I do remember TJ liking to keep things tidy and separated biggrin.gif )

Since there are 3 ALternatives and 10 Hybrids it would require 26 years to have a CB couple (male and female) of each one. I think that after 25 YEARS of Dragon Cave you would kinda deserve such reward.

7 alternatives - you forgot colored stripes (reg/green/blue/black). smile.gif Which changes the total to 34 years. xd.png

color stripes? In prizes?

no as in cb stripe dragons, so a cb green stripe a cb red stripe and so on. right now only white stripes are cb

This. Said everything I planned to.

The only thing I would change to the store suggestion would be the addition of CB Hybrids and CB ALTernative. I would have been perfectly fine of NEVER seen them relased in cave, but since they are ALREADY here I simply can't ignore the fact that a new kind of lineage (and so of collecting style) has born. I wish to see them return in some kind of "exception".

CB Hybrids and Alts aren't a new breed, they were relased in cave before the raffles.

Prize dragons are way more likely to happen than CB hybrids. I'd rather not have CBs of breeds that were never intended to be CB becoming anything close to the "norm."

They will not be added to the canyon, sorry. They were never released to the cave (as cbs), they were bred only. Being handed out as a raffle prize was pretty cool, but Im fairly certain that quote up there makes it clear that they will never be anything obtainable outside of very rare instances, even if some form of a raffle were to happen again.

I can't see a raffle happening where just cb hybrids and alts happen, since that would make them a bit more "norm" (though.. i do think that wild dragons should have the opportunity to very very rarely produce alts that end up in the cave but hybrids.. are funny in nature..)

But what about a raffle that has CB old holidays AND alts and hybrids? A seriously large chunk are going to go for that holly. I agree that a raffle with only CB alts and hybrids wouldn't be right, but that's never what the HM prizes were, and I think that's what people want to bring back.

But what about a raffle that has CB old holidays AND alts and hybrids?  A seriously large chunk are going to go for that holly.  I agree that a raffle with only CB alts and hybrids wouldn't be right, but that's never what the HM prizes were, and I think that's what people want to bring back.

I'd be okay with this. Honestly, it is how I feel the raffles should have always been. Without the tinsels/shimmers.

Actually, I always planed that if I ever won a prize that I was going to ask to be "downgraded" to HM since I wanted either a CB vine (first choice) or a Blue stripe. lol Not that I ever excepted it to happen, but that was the dream. cool.gif

No, it wasn't about Cb alts. HM were "Any dragon, currently in cave, that had an egg sprite". You could NOT choose Halloween or Valentines because they were only available at other times of the year. No zombies due to no egg. and no bright pink but the frill was allowed. Most common requests* were Holly, Frill, and Gold (in that order, I believe). Only a handful asked for and got CB alts/hybrids.

*At least those are the ones I remember seeing most often in the news threads from people who admitted what they asked for.

Edited by DragonLady86

Anyone feel a little bad for the people who asked for Frills?

Edited by Lurhstaap

Nope. It was already known to be on the cards that they might come back. xd.png