Paradisiske

ANSWERED:bring back cb prizes

But what about a raffle that has CB old holidays AND alts and hybrids? A seriously large chunk are going to go for that holly. I agree that a raffle with only CB alts and hybrids wouldn't be right, but that's never what the HM prizes were, and I think that's what people want to bring back.

I dislike raffles but I like your suggestion, even if just because of the low, dismal number of CB Hollies in active scrolls.

Anyone feel a little bad for the people who asked for Frills?

Yeah x.x They should have came back as rares so they could have keep their rare breeding status at least.

Yeah x.x They should have came back as rares so they could have keep their rare breeding status at least.

Their offspring never really had any trade value, though. They were just a novelty. I would never have picked one of those in the first place.

Nah, it's better this way. The people wanted frills, so let them have frills. And the ones who picked frills as their HM prizes, they still got them at a time when they were unavailable. Some dragons' birthdate hold special value to people.

Anyone feel a little bad for the people who asked for Frills?

No more bad than I felt for people that asked for Golds. They could have traded for those. /shrug It was their choice. (and all prizes/HM's had the option of picking a special code for their dragon, so no matter what, they are still special to that person)

Frills were NEVER rare. They were super-common cave blockers that shared an egg description with three other dragons (before biomes) which led to nasty comments of frustration, which led to the artist getting upset and asking them pulled. So, they are still commons now that they are back. They just took a break on breeding for a while.

What is this desperate need for things to be as rare as poss ? Just part of the trading market skewing everything. We really don't need more of the stuff that happened with some prize owners holding everyone to ransom.

I don't particularly agree with that.

Frills were common before the breed had been discontinued. It doesn't make sense for them to suddenly be rare after they come back.

It is unfortunate for the people who won CB Frills.

At least, they can say they had official Prize Frills from when the breed had been all, but extinct. Same for any Prize Arias/Bright Pinks.

--

Anyway, back on topic.

It seems like the current range of choices for getting CB Prizes back in the game are:

(from most liked in the thread to least liked in the thread)

1) The Store/Trader's Canyon

- Which may or may not happen, and if it does happen, it won't be anytime soon and possibly not in the same way that the request is currently designed.

- Loss of "Prize" association

- Places a price tag on dragons that may it difficult for different players to afford the dragons due to differing play styles

2) A Prize for Completing [insert Holiday] Event

- 1 prize of the player's choice per event per year (so you can only get a single CB prize a year for completing any one of the holiday events that year)

- Relatively easy way to get CB's

- Number of CB obtainable is limited

- Unable to get CB Prize if miss the event

3) A Prize for a specific Mini-Game

- 1 prize of the player's choice per completion of mini-game

- May or may not be tied to specific Dragon Cave Events

- May or may not be able to play multiple times to get more CB Prizes

- May restrict access to CB Prizes for players who can't play [insert mini-game here] well

4) Earning a "Prize" for raising/breeding/catching [insert number] Dragons

- Prizes given from bronze to gold as ascending number of achievements are met

- May be unattainable for players with certain play styles

- Possibly tie getting CB Prizes to trophies?

---- (Will people who already have gold trophies get all the Prize dragons or just gold versions or no prizes at all?)

5) "Summon" a Prize Dragon via a BSA of a Dragon

- Can get Prize eggs via a similar mechanic to Summoning GoN's, with all the pros and cons of the "Summon" BSA

- May force players to collect a dragon they were never intending to collect to get the Prize dragons

- Relies on chance for summoning the Prize

- May take years to get prizes if not enough of [insert Dragon breed]

6) Release in the Cave

- Functions as essentially another shiny rare dragon breed, with all the pros and cons of another shiny rare breed

- Obtainable in the cave to all players

- May be all year round or limited to Holiday Seasons

- No limitations on number or color other than set rarity,

- Biggest influences are outside the game: internet quality, computer age, and the player's physical ability

- May lead to discrepency in scrolls seen in other CB shiny rares

- May affect trading market similar to other shiny rares

- Good luck finding one

- Good luck catching one

7) Raffles

- Relies solely on chance for players to receive Prize Dragons

- No Longer active at the moment

- Tied to the Winter Holiday Events

- Led to the current situation of a near minuscule amount of players with total control of CB Prize Dragons and low lineage offspring

- Pushed the trading market in the favor of the few players with the CB Dragons

- Loss of breeding CB Prizes from Scroll Burning (multi-scrollers), Frozen Dragons, Released Dragons, Unclaimed Prizes, In-active Players, etc. have an incredible effect on number of CB Prizes and Low gen offspring due to the low number of dragons handed out by this mechanism

- A Very disliked option

- VERY.

Honorable Mention

8) Any one of the above

- Players that just want CB Prizes in some way or form and don't care too much about the method.

--

Anything I am missing? Any suggestions on changing the order?

Note: This order is not my personal order, but just from what I got from following the thread.

- Numbers 1 and 2 look most liked to me, while Numbers 6 and 7 look most disliked.

- Numbers 3 through 5 are not nearly as clear as which one is more disliked than the other.

Edit: Changing the store pros and cons to reference difficulty instead of limitation.

Edited by Shokomon

The only thing I disagree with there is related to the store. You have "- Places a price tag on dragons that may limit who can afford the dragon due to differing play styles"

We worked hard to make sure that no play style that involves playing the game would lose out in the store. Even someone like me who doesn't collect any dragon in between releases could spend some time breeding to the AP, catching and abandoning CB eggs, and hatching and abandoning AP eggs and gain points. It might force me to do more than I would normally do in between releases, but it wouldn't force me to choose between raising dragons that I don't want and getting points. (unless I feel forced to go for "bonus" points that are gained by raising blocker breeds, but those are for the people who really want to focus on gaining as many points as possible. I might do that, but it would be my choice.)

So I'm not sure what play styles you're concerned about, other than the "forget DC for months at a time" "play style", and there isn't much we can do to cater to them.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

so no news so far regarding cb prizes

We are all players like you, we don't have any information on when or even if prizes will come back. And TJ, given past examples, is not likely to tell anyone until he decides to actually do so. If he ever does. They were a surprise when they came out. They were a surprise when a second breed (shimmerscales) were added. And they were a surprise when they didn't happen last year. It's just the way things work here. You get used to it.

I too want the return of CB Prizes, how to implement them, I admit, I have no really great idea on how to do that. sad.gif

I would like the chance to get a CB prize, in some form, as I don't care much for lineages They are like pandora's box - they are here now, and that can't be undone. And quite honestly there has been an unbalance in trading for a long time now. I know a lot of people hate the raffle, but the worst option would be to 'retire' the prizes permanently. The trading gaps will just get larger. Unfortunately, I think this is the route that has been chosen.

Edited by meowxmeow

I have to agree with meowxmeow. The raffle was bad and created this whole mess, but letting things continue on as they are is even worse in my eyes.

I have to agree with meowxmeow. The raffle was bad and created this whole mess, but letting things continue on as they are is even worse in my eyes.

I really don't think not having CBs any more ever is worse than the raffle was. It would make people weep and stuff - but it wouldn't create the FOUL atmosphere that the raffles brought to this forum. I would truly rather never see another CB prize dragon than see the raffles back.

I really don't think not having CBs any more ever is worse than the raffle was. It would make people weep and stuff - but it wouldn't create the FOUL atmosphere that the raffles brought to this forum. I would truly rather never see another CB prize dragon than see the raffles back.

I definitely think dianacat has a point. And as far as trading goes, taking away raffle for me has worst impact than letting them continue because the latter would reduce their price due to excess but not having raffle has stagnated their price on a higher level so the trading market is still as broken as it always was, albeit with more negativity because earlier people could think "well may be I might win eventually" but now it is a total dead-end where person knows cb prize is unattainable for all intents and purpose. Trader canyon or whatever else is as much more/less likely to happen as raffle is so I wouldn't really rule it out, because it is not like we ever had any official confirmation what happened to prizes, only speculations. Personally for me having raffles back is better than no raffles, so you can see why not everyone will agree with that viewpoint.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Well, I do agree with fuzzbucket's viewpoint. 100%.

Just to add my voice - Yup 100% on Fuzzy's side too. I'd rather have no new CBs than have the raffles return.

The way I see it, it's completely the fault of individual users that the raffles turned into a snarling, rabid, cutting mess. It's on the individuals that they couldn't lose gracefully or win gracefully or handle things in a manner befitting civilized people. And behavior is punishable. However, the current trade situation - where a tiny handful of users now permanently control, like, 50% of what people want (cb hollies and prizes - the other half being largely cb metallics, neglecteds, and altkin) - is nobody's fault, and while the grossness of the raffles is a stain on our collective memory, this is a situation that persists, and it is only going to get worse as prize owners leave and the pool narrows.

That's not saying I want the raffles back. This community has proven, repeatedly, that it can't be trusted with them. I'm just saying I think never creating more CB prizes is worse. I do not like the raffles because of the mess they created (or rather, the mess the users created), but I would prefer them to the current situation, where there's a permanent monopoly that's so narrow and contested that there isn't even a point in asking (and god forbid you're one of the users that has them, because it means you're going to be permanently pestered with requests you can't keep up with.) It's like the retired frills and bright pinks, but a hundred times worse, because those dragons were common when they were retired, and they could no longer breed offspring.

Support the store. That's far the best and fairest way to bring them back.

Sure, it was the fault of some users that the whole thing degenerated - but I have no doubt at all that those same users and others like them would make very sure that it was all repeated if raffles came back.

Oh, don't mistake me. I do support the store. That's the option I'd prefer. ^^;

Not sure how allowing a tiny number of players to effectively print money is somehow worse than allowing a bigger number of players to effectively print money, but okay...

Honestly I don't even care about the trading value of second-generation prize offspring. It'd be nice to get some cool and hard-to-get things via trades, yes, but what I really care about is custom codes. I'd just really like to own a dragon that's personalized like that. There's not a whole lot of appeal beyond that for me personally.

Not sure how allowing a tiny number of players to effectively print money is somehow worse than allowing a bigger number of players to effectively print money, but okay...

Honestly I don't even care about the trading value of second-generation prize offspring. It'd be nice to get some cool and hard-to-get things via trades, yes, but what I really care about is custom codes. I'd just really like to own a dragon that's personalized like that. There's not a whole lot of appeal beyond that for me personally.

When you have a larger number of players 'printing money', so to speak, the value of that 'money' gradually decreases. It decreases the strain on existing prize owners and makes the goods more available, as the demand far exceeds the supply at this point. Of course, demand is dependent on rarity, and too common and they cease to have value at all, but frankly I think even that's better than what we have now. It's been... six? years, and the madness surrounding 2nd-gen prizes has still not abated.

I had wanted the custom code, too. x'3 Alas, looks like that chapter of DC is closed for good.

I don't care at all about value. I HATE the stock market that basically resulted from the raffle - it wasn't half as awful before.

I will build lineages around dragons I CAN get. If I get the chance of a CB prize some day - sure I'll take it. Other than that - nup.

I don't care at all about value. I HATE the stock market that basically resulted from the raffle - it wasn't half as awful before.

This, so very much.