Paradisiske

ANSWERED:bring back cb prizes

Please, no more raffles. I'd rather either go the "hand out 1 CB prize of choice / 1 random CB prize to everyone who completes the event" idea, as well as the idea to make CB prizes available in the store.

But please, no more raffles.

Actually - this. I'd genuinely rather see every scroll receive a full (scroll locked) set than see another raffle EVER.

The only thing in DC I can recall being all about pure luck and restricted to it was the winning of a CB Prize...

Nuh uh, I know of a prize that was won through sheer force of will. And the promise of world peace (I'll get to that eventually).

If the whole store canyon thingy doesn't work out, I think the next best solution is if all the CB prizes were magically fused with vampires and could bite regular eggs and turn them into CB prizes. And then those magical vamprizes could bite and make more CB prizes. They'd all still be able to breed, of course, but thanks to their magical prize bite they can also disperse parentless progeny.

What's funny is I'm only halfway joking. I think vamps were a cool method of CB holiday dispersal and wouldn't mind seeing a similar design; as long as that whole year-long drought where it was 99.9% kill ratio isn't repeated.

If the whole store canyon thingy doesn't work out, I think the next best solution is if all the CB prizes were magically fused with vampires and could bite regular eggs and turn them into CB prizes. And then those magical vamprizes could bite and make more CB prizes. They'd all still be able to breed, of course, but thanks to their magical prize bite they can also disperse parentless progeny.

What's funny is I'm only halfway joking. I think vamps were a cool method of CB holiday dispersal and wouldn't mind seeing a similar design; as long as that whole year-long drought where it was 99.9% kill ratio isn't repeated.

You know - that's really quite brilliant. They'd not need to be fused exactly, but... hey YEAH ! xd.png

I don't understand: What's the problem with the system from last year? Everyone's complaining but It had no problem. It was working fine.

Since the system last year didn't include any new prize dragons, I certainly would not agree that that's "working fine."

While I would prefer that they be available via something like a shop, I would also be okay with holiday event completion. I know not everyone will be happy no matter what system is chosen, if any, but some new blood in either of those ways is better than none. I'd prefer not to see the vitriol and other negative side effects of the raffles return.

Nuh uh, I know of a prize that was won through sheer force of will. And the promise of world peace (I'll get to that eventually).

Seriously? Like by proper asking/piece of writing/other alike thing? Then it's even more unfair if one person got a Prize in such a trivial way but everyone else not... Why would that 1 person get such a special treatment and why this particular person? (I actually hope it wasn't the case...)

The bite-like thing sounds interesting:P Would require the current CB owners to cooperate(use the BSA and let others have the resulting CB), I'm not sure if it's a pros or a con, kind of an inbetween..? (Depends a lot on perspective)

No, I was just kidding about that part, lol. To my knowledge, every year but the very first (art voting competition) were all randomly drawn raffles.

I love raffles and the chance to win a prize dragon.

I really hope they do come back.

If losing a raffle makes you lose your mind that's kinda a personal problem >->

I second that thought.

It's not so much the losing of MY mind - I never won, and I was OK with that - it's the way the whole forum turns into hell in a basket for weeks and weeks afterwards. Accusations of unfairness because it was RANDOM so one person COULD indeed win two years in a row (and did.)

Demands (DEMANDS) that no-one should ever win twice. DEMANDS that only REALLY ACTIVE players should be allowed to win EVER (there were varying suggestions about what "active" meant but they always favoured the person suggesting it.) Demands that inactive scrolls could never win (and if it's truly random, of course they might.) Accusations that it wasn't REALLY random at all and TJ was giving them to his friends.

And don't even get me started on the varying attitudes of winners - some who gifted 2 gens all over the place (I am the lucky recipient of one of those, TOTALLY unexpected by someone I hardly knew). Others who used them to jack up all trade prices. Many who jealously guarded their good luck saying there must never be more because theirs is Special and it must never be devalued.

It just isn't worth it. Sure it's personality that does all this - but that still made the forum thoroughly toxic for weeks - even months - after prizes were given out. People say already that the forum is unfriendly. You who weren't here for all that - you have no idea how unfriendly it can get. You who were - surely you don't want to see it all over again.

Edited by fuzzbucket

It's not so much the losing of MY mind - I never won, and I was OK with that - it's the way the whole forum turns into hell in a basket for weeks and weeks afterwards. Accusations of unfairness because it was RANDOM so one person COULD indeed win two years in a row (and did.)

Demands (DEMANDS) that no-one should ever win twice. DEMANDS that only REALLY ACTIVE players should be allowed to win EVER (there were varying suggestions about what "active" meant but they always favoured the person suggesting it.) Demands that inactive scrolls could never win (and if it's truly random, of course they might.) Accusations that it wasn't REALLY random at all and TJ was giving them to his friends.

And don't even get me started on the varying attitudes of winners - some who gifted 2 gens all over the place (I am the lucky recipient of one of those, TOTALLY unexpected by someone I hardly knew). Others who used them to jack up all trade prices. Many who jealously guarded their good luck saying there must never be more because theirs is Special and it must never be devalued.

It just isn't worth it. Sure it's personality that does all this - but that still made the forum thoroughly toxic for weeks - even months - after prizes were given out. People say already that the forum is unfriendly. You who weren't here for all that - you have no idea how unfriendly it can get. You who were - surely you don't want to see it all over again.

I can see how an adverse reaction in regards to the raffle can cause general discomfort within the forums. It's unpleasant indeed, but in my point of view the way the community reacts to the raffle wouldn't really affect anyone in a direct way per se. That is, unless someone were to win, and henceforth became a victim of harassment. Even then, there are mods who could help resolve the issue. People can act in any way they desire, we as individuals can choose wether or not to allow other people's reactions to affect or bother us. Only because some of us were not here in past years to see the madness does not mean we are completely ignorant of what negative internet behavior can consist of. Sure, it can get mean, but there are places online where it can get far worse than Dragon Cave. Maybe rules could be implemented when relating to the discussion of the yearly raffle, to avoid offensive behavior in general without censoring personal opinions. As for the trade market, prizes do cause imbalance, but I am okay with that.

Edited by andromedae

Boy... it was THAT bad? Okay, i'm starting to understand why people don't want it anymore. What a world...

Actually - this. I'd genuinely rather see every scroll receive a full (scroll locked) set than see another raffle EVER.

a scroll locked set of 2 adults of each gender, 2 s2 hatchies of each gender and 1 s1 hatchie of each gender would be nice. so like lets say this year tj hands out to everyone active for the event 5 gold tinsel eggs. and you can raise them freeze them but not trade them.

next year for the people who already received the gold tinsels they get silver tinsels while people who didnt get the gold tinsels get the gold tinsels

now 5 eggs is one too many for people without the bronze trophy but if tj could make it so they could get all 5 prize dragon eggs too then problem solved

I'd really love for CB prizes to be brought back somehow. Raffles seem fair in concept, but are actually quite flawed.

If in the end we won't be getting anymore prizes, I really think at least a courtesy announcement of their discontinuation would be greatly appreciated. Because this hasn't happened, I'd always thought that TJ might have something in the works (although of course this isn't guaranteed).

a scroll locked set of 2 adults of each gender, 2 s2 hatchies of each gender and 1 s1 hatchie of each gender would be nice. so like lets say this year tj hands out to everyone active for the event 5 gold tinsel eggs. and you can raise them freeze them but not trade them.

next year for the people who already received the gold tinsels they get silver tinsels while people who didnt get the gold tinsels get the gold tinsels

now 5 eggs is one too many for people without the bronze trophy but if tj could make it so they could get all 5 prize dragon eggs too then problem solved

Not REALLY. We will all be wanting the new eggs, and our bred for lineage ones.

Not REALLY. We will all be wanting the new eggs, and our bred for lineage ones.

but you would be able to keep the bred eggs??? you would just be limited to 5 cbs which seems fair to me. you can have 5 adults if you choose to and breed to your hearts content and make lineages. PLUS it would be much easier to lineage swap with other people so you can go even further gens in lineages. why you could create a 12 gen purebred gold tinsel lineage thanks to your own dragons and trade swaps instead of now which is basically impossible to do that

EDIT OH WAIT I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN

the cb prize eggs wouldnt make you have to abandon any eggs, you would have them ontop of what eggs you already have

Edited by CellyBean

The original poster's suggestion of a guaranteed prize for completing an event is interesting. I would share pokemonfan13's concerns about the timing of such an event. As Christmas is a time when many people either are away without internet or simply don't have time with other seasonal obligations.

I got a good laugh from Nine's prize merged vampire joke suggestion. Thank you. biggrin.gif

I am really hoping Trader's Canyon suggestion is one day implemented.

But add me to the chorus; Please, please, No more Raffles! If it means cb prizes go extinct that would be preferable to reinstating raffles (if no other suggestions are workable from TJ's point of view).

No, this is NOT fair and is nothing like the CB Golds and Silvers. If you don't hunt the cave much, yet caught a CB Gold or Silver, you were lucky indeed but if you were hunting the cave very persistently for long periods at a time and caught one it was your hard work finally paying off, not mere luck. And good Internet connection is also not pure luck... The only thing in DC I can recall being all about pure luck and restricted to it was the winning of a CB Prize... everything else can be sooner or later achieved with persistency...

Hmm. I think I didn't make my point clearly. I understand the difference between obtaining rares in the cave and prizes - I was simply pointing out that other factors influence obtaining rares in cave, whereas when you enter the raffle it's just a pure probability calculation.

I agree with what you're saying, just wanted to clarify. smile.gif

Another raffle? NO!!!!!

I'd rather that TJ implemented the Trader's Canyon (aka Store), or that Prize dragons were completely removed from the game. As far as I'm concerned I wish that Prize dragons had never even been invented, that's how much I HATE them.

I really hope that TJ decides it's time for something like the store. I don't think I'd ever win a raffle anyway, so the idea of bringing the raffles back leaves me distinctly uninterested.

...and even if I did win, the idea of being one of the few people with a CB Prize kinda scares me, honestly.

I wouldn't want prize dragons to be distributed in any way that is against DC's usual practice, which is you earning dragons. Sure, you can happen upon the cave one day and grab a rarer egg you've always been looking for, but if you didn't bother checking the cave in the first place you would have never even known that the egg existed; plus, your dragon-grabbing interests don't coincide with everybody's, so there's that chance that despite the egg being rare, it won't be grabbed as fast depending on who is hunting in that region at that time. I don't think Prizes shouldn't be treated any differently than regular dragons, even though they are Prize dragons.

I agree that raffles would cause too much forum drama (even though I haven't witnessed such drama yet) because everyone feels entitled to a CB Prize. Yes, everyone who enters a raffle has a chance of earning a CB Prize, but the problem is that it's a chance: a player is forced to sit and wait, hoping that RNG favors him and gifts him the egg he has always wanted, and end up either gratified or devastated depending on the outcome; whereas grabbing, breeding, and trading other dragons is gratifying because you strive to earn those dragons, and you're always rewarded in the end. Because 90% or more of the dragons on DC are earned, rather than given out, the player base consists of people who want to earn their dragons, not sit around waiting for a computer to dictate whether or not they're allowed to have a rare. So I can see why raffles would be the worst way to go.

As for the completion of events, I also agree that things like holiday events should not be used to give out CB Prizes, one of the biggest reasons being that I notice TJ striving to make sure that any rewards given out for completing the event (such as the event badge) are not things that would cause drama down the line because certain people weren't able to complete the event. I have yet to hear someone complaining about how So-and-So has a Christmas Event badge from 2011 and how he doesn't, anyway. That's because the reward doesn't matter as much; TJ doesn't put emphasis or meaning really into completing the events. The events are just there for fun, things for people to do to remind them of the holidays and show that the site recognizes those holidays. If CB Prizes became event prize dragons there would not only be drama about how people unable to participate the event (missed it due to studies, work, etc) missed their "rightful CB", but there would also be a huge influx of CB Prizes in the market because the events are so easy to complete (another thing emphasizing about how TJ makes the events just fun little things), which would HUGELY devalue Prizes, probably to the point of becoming Uncommons! That sort of devaluation is a bit much for a Prize, in my opinion, since they are supposed to be rarer dragons. So handing out CB Prizes for completing events isn't a good idea to me either, though it holds promise.

Nine's joke about the vampire prizes... It's interesting, but I don't know how I feel about it yet. xd.png As for the Trader's Canyon, I feel like that is a good idea as long as Prizes aren't devalued too much through the market system. If there were challenging, year-round mini-games that were implemented into the site (though I doubt it since I'm recalling TJ saying before that such a feature was too similar to a pet site, and he wanted to keep DC casual), then distributing CB Prizes that way might be a good idea... But raffles, no, and completing easier, casual holiday events netting a Prize, also no. I would like CB Prizes to be harder-to-earn dragons, if they're filtered back in at all, even though they're meant to be gift dragons and not regular dragons (concerning that, I think people want Prize dragons for the same reason people want lots of Neglecteds; they weren't intended as a regular dragon, or even to be a goal to strive for; they were simply a new dragon type that was obtained in a certain way, which drove collectors nuts).

I support the CB prizes coming back in any way.

I don't think everyone needs one, but if that's how we get them back I'm not complaining.

I'm more in favor of earning a prize through completing an event than participating in a raffle, but I would like prizes to come back in some form. I would love to see 2nd gens become uncommon in the trade market.

Regarding the argument that they are prizes and shouldn't be given out via completion of an event, what about the users who chose Christmas dragons? Those were obtainable in cave and everyone had a chance at them at the time that they were released. What about users who chose frills? Those are back in cave now."They shouldn't be given out because they are prizes" is no longer a valid argument. Also, users did have to participate in the events to get their raffle tickets for several years, I believe. In the instance of earning a prize by participating, you skip the raffle ticket and excruciating wait and get straight to the dragon.

I also think that the prizes should be locked to their respective scrolls after distribution, regardless of the method that they end up there.

PS: Even if neither suggestion happens, I would like to see something in the raffle's stead because the trade gap and inability to get a CB version is ridiculous.

Edited by Jazeki

I also think that the prizes should be locked to their respective scrolls after distribution, regardless of the method that they end up there.

IF they can be earned in Trader's Canyon I would totally agree. If nine's bite-analogy idea came in I'd be OK with them being traded just as vamps can be.

BUT - if not the Canyon - what about something like summon. Everyone can get a GoN in the end. It took me THREE YEARS to get my first GoN - but at least it wasn't dependent on any kind of grinding or being on line on the right day or anything. And those too would be untradeable but could breed true.

If they were only given out once per year, and one per player, they would still be rarer than CB Holidays, and you'd have to participate in the holiday event for twelve years to get a male and a female of each variant. That would be rare enough for me. biggrin.gif

This is exactly how I feel about this.

I don't understand the reasoning that they should only be given out as high-prized eggs in the store so you'd have to work hard for them. They were given out randomly in raffles before, it's not like anyone worked hard for theirs so far.

I actually like this suggestion more than the store suggestion. It's simpler, and also fairer in my opinion. And I don't see the need to keep prize dragons rare - they don't drop in the cave, so ratios are not a problem. If the cb ones become more common, the messy high gen ones will be bred less, so I don't even think breeding ratios will be affected. So what does it matter how many cb ones are given out?

IF they can be earned in Trader's Canyon I would totally agree. If nine's bite-analogy idea came in I'd be OK with them being traded just as vamps can be.

BUT - if not the Canyon - what about something like summon. Everyone can get a GoN in the end. It took me THREE YEARS to get my first GoN - but at least it wasn't dependent on any kind of grinding or being on line on the right day or anything. And those too would be untradeable but could breed true.

With Nine's bite analogy, I see the point behind being allowed to trade the CBs.

But with any other option, they should be locked because latter prizes were locked to scrolls when they were given out and because it will stop people from attempting to ask for an arm and a leg in trades (even if the market suggests otherwise) or ending up with multiple prizes (as cheating still happened with the raffles).

I'd support something like summon, but TJ has indicated that we can't have any mysterious spawning like we do with the GONs.