Paradisiske

ANSWERED:bring back cb prizes

I'm with the proper name thing too. I am not calling all my shimmers prizes. Yuk. And what about all the HM prizes - do they have not to be called hollies?

But what is wrong with finding ways to get CBs without nasty raffles of any kind. Take the random out and get them by working for them and participating. If we had never had the raffles - something I wish with all my heart were the case - we could discuss this more rationally. Just make them available in store, or by participating in an event or by some exciting bite or breed mechanism. We do not need the drama and nastiness that raffles bring out, and will bring out even if there were to be more of them.

Edited by fuzzbucket

So I guess my priorities for prizes coming back would be:

Store

Collecting x amount of dragons per prize

Holiday event (too easy)

Cave drops (too hard)

Raffle returning (too maddening!)

Basically this is my ranking to, but I'd put it more like.....

Store

Collecting x amount of dragons per prize (too favoring to one play style)

Holiday event (too easy)

Cave drops (too hard)

Raffle returning (too maddening!)

Really, the only idea I really like is the store but others are workable. Just no raffles!

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

I'm with the crowd that doesn't want to collect X number of dragons. I don't want excess dragons on my scroll, nor I want to mass breed, raise, and then mass release dragons just to get one prize dragon, and then do that however many times it takes to get a complete set of prize dragons.

I'd rather get the dragons through a BSA like Summon and take my chances than have it be a reward for raising all the things.

- Maybe a BSA tied to Holiday dragons or something.

I'm not a fan of the Store option either. I think I lean closer to event completion Prize awards or Cave drops.

So you don't think it's unfair to have a mechanic that basically says "You, the person who has very specific and limited scroll goals, are playing the game wrong.  Start obsessively collecting dragons as fast as possible or you won't get any CB prizes for ages and ages."?  Because I do.  The beauty of DC is that there is no right or wrong way to play.  A mechanic that gives out prize dragons for dragons raised suddenly makes massive hoarding the only way to play.  At least for anyone who cares about getting CB prizes.  And there are lots of players who don't play using the massive hoarding style.

Even if there was a mechanic that let me count my dead hatchling zombie fodder (that were never frozen because then I'd have to use a kill on them) as "raised" (even though they were hatched and then fogged into oblivion), that's still an incredibly slow way of "raising" dragons compared to growing adults.  And it also doesn't help me when I do finish all my zomibie hatchlings, because then I'd have to start raising adults that I don't want.

My ranking would be

Store

Holiday event (they have to be active and do the event, that's fair enough to me)

Raffle (as long as they put out a lot more eggs than previous ones)

And I don't like the rest at all. (in cave prizes and prizes for raising dragons)

Well, then you could say that having dragon specific BSAs / trophies / trios needed to get a GoN are saying "people are playing the game wrong" too, since they all require collecting certain dragons, sometimes in number. But I don't think they're saying other playstyles are wrong, just self limiting.

Eh, I disagree with your logic but like I said I still prefer store anyway so eh xd.png

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'm for the raffles.

The shimmers and tinsels were meant to be special in the first place. Adding them to a store would make the value go down eventually, and the offspring less on demand, as sooner or later, everyone will own them. Putting them in an event will require more work to make, as the event will have to be hard and balanced at the same time.

I was not here for the raffles, as I joined less than a year after the last one, but even if the forums turn to a madhouse, it is just from the disappointed users who really wanted a prize but did not get one. Truth is, no matter what the options are, people will still complain, and there is nothing that will prevent some people from being upset.

Personally, I'm more upset about the raffle not returning last year than the raffle system itself.

Contradict me all you want, this is just my opinion.

Edited by MadameZ

I wish they had originally been introduced with the addition of the bronze / silver / gold trophies. I just like how their colors are analogous to that. tongue.gif And then we could have never dealt with this raffle nonsense that leaves many dedicated players in the dust.

There needs to be some way for a player to be able to get these. It's a collectibles site. I hate permanently missing out on certain things that are available to others. I don't care if it's something like, every 1000 dragons you add to your scroll, you get to pick one. I'd take anything. Even a raffle, but I'd really prefer that not be introduced again.

Lol, yeah, pick one for every 1,000 dragons on your scroll...I'm in.

I am probably in the minority, but I liked the raffles.

I never won, but I enjoyed the anticipation of the drawing.

Personal ranking:

1 - Holiday event (to log on during it would be enough)

2 - Nothing else: since the store did not happen for the birthday of DC, I'll not kid myself pretending it will, and I hate the other options.

Edited by SullenCat

I was not here for the raffles, as I joined less than a year after the last one, but even if the forums turn to a madhouse, it is just from the disappointed users who really wanted a prize but did not get one.

It was not just disappointed users. It was users on both sides.

This is an example of what users were claiming during the time that the raffle was in existence:

-users who felt that only the prizes that were won from the decorating contest were the true prizes and the newer ones "devalued" theirs

-users who felt that there were now too many prizes floating around

- users who didn't win, but had enough trading power to get a 2nd gen telling people they were ungrateful

-users on both sides pulling this very argument

-users who didn't win and told winners they were obligated to give away prizes

-users who harassed winners in an attempt to get a 2nd gen prize

- users who harassed winners who won more than one prize or called the game rigged

-at least a month of messed up trading and general ill will around the entire forum

The store or any other non-raffle option is not going to destroy the absolute hold that the tinsels and shimmers have on the market or make them suddenly uncommon.

I'm for the raffles.

The shimmers and tinsels were meant to be special in the first place. Adding them to a store would make the value go down eventually, and the offspring less on demand, as sooner or later, everyone will own them. Putting them in an event will require more work to make, as the event will have to be hard and balanced at the same time.

I was not here for the raffles, as I joined less than a year after the last one, but even if the forums turn to a madhouse, it is just from the disappointed users who really wanted a prize but did not get one. Truth is, no matter what the options are, people will still complain, and there is nothing that will prevent some people from being upset.

Personally, I'm more upset about the raffle not returning last year than the raffle system itself.

The problem is, CBs are only available to a very select portion of the player base. It's the same issue past Holiday dragons have.

Having valuable progeny being the important thing here sounds pretty selfish to me. I have my CB Prize, and subsequently all the power to get the rarest things in the game. Naturally I've taken the opportunity on occassion, but for the most part I try to make all 2g offspring available to anyone who has the dedication to scrounge up some Ember hatchlings.

I'm all for a way for everyone to obtain at least one CB Prize through dedication. They shouldn't be given out like candy - they're 'prizes', and I feel they should be earned.

I would like to get the raffles back. Either they should not have been started to begin with but pulling them out midway and not giving people a chance to win them any other way either is really unfair to the rest of the community who never got a chance to win even once. Taking the raffle away is not the solution, it does more harm than good and it has been a huge bummer for activity of many people who looked forward to yearly raffle but now they just dropped the game altogether because of this since raffle was stopped without an announcement and no alternative was given to the users who never won. There has to be a better way to resolve this than penalising the userbase who are already at loss of not winning.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I support the BSA idea. Maybe once a week, you could 'send' a dragon to participate in a weekly 'competition' and there could be a chance, albeit very small- maybe like trying to summon a guardian?- that your dragon would win a prize and get back a CB prize egg, or a CB metallic.

I would like to get the raffles back. Either they should not have been started to begin with but pulling them out midway and not giving people a chance to win them any other way either is really unfair to the rest of the community who never got a chance to win even once. Taking the raffle away is not the solution, it does more harm than good and it has been a huge bummer for activity of many people who looked forward to yearly raffle but now they just dropped the game altogether because of this since raffle was stopped without an announcement and no alternative was given to the users who never won. There has to be a better way to resolve this than penalising the userbase who are already at loss of not winning.

Pretty much this. I prefer to have a tiny chance of winning than no chance at all.

That being said, I would be glad to have ANY in-game option to obtain a CB prize, be it a raffle, an event, Trader's Canyon, etc.

Id honestly be okay with that, the better your score the better your color!

I hated the notion of Raffles, they are beyond OP, but removing raffles altogther just gave prize owners more undeserved power!

Why potential devaluation of these two's 2gens is even considered a bad thing?

Prize owners benefited from theirs for years, at least 2 for the last raffle winners, they could get insane things for these without effort other than a few seconds a week to perform the breeding action... wasn't it enough of a prize and advantage for those who own CBs right now? Why should they keep that ultimate power over all the playerbase forever? They didn't do anything to earn it compared to those who never won and were there for the same events... Sheer luck granting neverending power only a few posess, isn't that a bad thing instead? Things come and go... Why this can't go at last?

Even CB Silvers lost their value(they used to be equal to CB Golds, now one CB Gold asks for a few CB SilversO_o but just one 2g Prize)... things change. But the 2g Prizes are still ultimate trading power and they'll be growing in that unearned power if no new blood is distributed ever again...

And I'm not even in any need of an ultimate trading power right now(and probably won't anymore) as all my tradeable goals are met(I'm just trading a bit for 3 zombie fodders but it's no match xd.png and as soon as I get all the undeads I won't be probably trading at all) rolleyes.gif I might switch to having the goal of getting Prizes as CBs (I'm just not sure if I'd be willing to abandon the current progenies of my Prize pairs to replace them with CB pairs in let's say 12 years long if the event participation was the new way to get them, I could have bred my current couples and have hundreds of offspring on the progenies of each pair by that time... and this is what I'm currently into as almost all my other DC goals are met) if they were made available but that's only to improve the lineages of my pair per each, I'd prefer PBs over arrowheads if I had a choice:P But idk if too much time passes I may never personally have use of a new, fair way of getting CBs of these 2 breeds (and their alternative colourations). But I'll be strongly for making CB Prizes equally available for everyone for the equal efforts.

Enough of the dictature of the lucky winners xd.png

PS I use the word 'Prize' for Tinsels and Shimmers just as an abbreviation for both breeds together and because people will recognize which dragon breeds I mean, if they are to looze the 'prize' aspect to them it won't be a big deal, they'll just remain Tinsels and Shimmers they already, np... and there will be not much need of mentioning both breeds as 1 thing anymore as compared to the current state of things.

Edited by VixenDra

Id honestly be okay with that, the better your score the better your color!

If this happens, I hope that the user would still have the option to "downgrade" their color if they so choose.

If this happens, I hope that the user would still have the option to "downgrade" their color if they so choose.

Same here. I personally prefer to complete all the events:P I bet I'm not alone xd.png

Same here. I personally prefer to complete all the events:P I bet I'm not alone xd.png

You defiantly aren't the only one who wants to complete the events wink.gif

I think that this is a good idea

Edited by black-shado

True, I like me an optional array of optional options so that would be a nice touch.

I've been following this discussion because I always thought there should be a different system to how Tinsels and Shimmers are acquired. Someone already mentioned there shouldn't have been prize dragons to begin with. I never liked the idea of the raffles despite winning a bronze Tinsel the first year. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, DC just doesn't strike me as the type of site to have "exclusive" things that only certain people can get regardless of how much effort they might be willing to put into completing their scroll goals (whatever those might be).

But since we have Tinsels and Shimmers already, personally I'm all for bringing them back in some different way. So far my favourite suggestion has been completing the Holiday event. Why are people so worried about making them "too common"? They're already extremely common if we disregard lineage length, only 2nd gens are hard to get and CBs impossible. So, might as well give people the chance to collect those. Prize owners controlled the economy for way too long already. I don't think the game needs more super-rares anyway, there are always CB metallics, which are hard to get but always eventually possible with enough patience and determination. I've witnessed first hand the kinds of insane offers that went around for 2nd gen Tinsels. It's an unnecessarily big deal, to the point where it made me feel bad that I had something that so few people had and so many wanted.

Clearly TJ isn't against making certain dragons more "common" in some cases where it seems necessary, like the Hollies when they were dying out. So personally I'm totally in favour of seeing Tinsels and Shimmers as prizes for completing an event that requires some amount of daily participation, and perhaps depending on how much of the event you complete you could get a choice from a certain tier of prize, including the ones below it (as a completionist I'd hate to leave an event unfinished on purpose to get a certain prize).

Edited by MissK.

Seriously; I think someone said a while back that as a group they usually breed like uncommons, which fits with my experience breeding mine. It is incredibly difficult to get true rares from a Tinsel! (I have a high-gen Silver/Shimmer stair, which is how I know this)

I don't think that expanding the pool of CBs somehow is a bad thing. I'd most prefer the store, but since I doubt it'll happen I guess I'll live with them being given away for holiday events or the raffle returning (hopefully with a larger winner pool...).

E: Make that just "an event"; some people might be unable to finish more complex holiday ones for computer reasons (Last year's Christmas event I had to leave unfinished because the game lagged to the point of being unplayable...), and I'd hate to artificially limit Tj and the spriters if they want to do a complex one like that again.

Edited by Guillotine

That would be the nice thing about having the prize for logging on and clicking the event page each day. It doesn't matter if the event itself is somehow unplayable for you, you were there and you tried.

Because you're right, if the prize is for completing the event, there's a LOT more pressure to make absolutely sure that the event works perfectly for everyone. Because you know that if there's a player who the event isn't working for, they'll be screaming bloody murder if it means they can't get the prize dragon.

Because you're right, if the prize is for completing the event, there's a LOT more pressure to make absolutely sure that the event works perfectly for everyone.  Because you know that if there's a player who the event isn't working for, they'll be screaming bloody murder if it means they can't get the prize dragon.

True. I had a very hard time with the cooking gaming a while back and I would not have gotten raffle tickets at all without the help of people here on DC. The same goes for the contagion game on Halloween. I was quite upset because I was horrible at minesweeper and I seemed to be losing every game until some very kind users helped me. I did see quite a few posts after the event was over that others did not get the badges because they were unable to complete the event. I can only imagine how people would feel if game completion meant the difference between having a dragon and not having one.

Edited by Jazeki

Being a prize owner myself, it's really tough to describe how I feel about the arguments in this thread.

Until I got my prize, I didn't have any interest in Tinsels or Shimmers. Most of the lineages created with them turn out to be stairsteps anyways and as an even-gen snob, those just never appealed to me. I can't help but feel that people value 2nd gen prize offspring way too much and rather than blame the owners, I feel it's more the player base. :/

Overall, I like the idea of bringing back prize dragons. I'd rather they NOT be super easy to get however. They were originally meant for a lottery and whatever means would be used to obtain one in the future should make players feel like they've won mega millions. Or that they've accomplished a great feat that deserves rewarding.

I like the cave-store/trading canyons concepts and the event idea to a certain extent. In this day and age of computers, tablets and smartphones all being able to access DC there should be no reason that merely logging on for so many days or completing simple event tasks should keep a determined soul from their desired reward.