Paradisiske

ANSWERED:bring back cb prizes

Just let Tinsels and Shimmerscales start dropping in cave. No extra coding needed. "but it's not fair to prize owners" well, they've had years of monopoly, I think that's plenty of time. "But they have to be prizes/their prize dragons" They are only called that because they were given out as prizes. They have real names. /end rant

Even though I know many would be happy with it, I would like that. To be fair, it does hold a certain merit that only prize dragon owners can control the entire DC trading system, at least share around the winnings. Even if we didn't get the fancy custom codes, I honestly wouldn't mind. The cave is pretty good at dropping draggies with interesting codes anyway.

guys. ascension is offtopic. How long an idea has been requested has no relevance to it being implemented. TJ codes things in the order he decides. And sometimes, he may never do so. All we can do is suggest ways to do something we would like to see and hope.

Honestly, I have no idea what the best way to do more prizes is. /shrug just let Tinsels and Shimmerscales start dropping in cave. No extra coding needed. "but it's not fair to prize owners" well, they've had years of monopoly, I think that's plenty of time. "But they have to be prizes/their prize dragons" They are only called that because they were given out as prizes. They have real names. /end rant

I support the store and I could not care less about Ascension.

Still, we do not know if those suggestions will be implemented. Prize owners got enough benefits from their monopoly and they will get even more if the situation does not change. I'm slightly generalizing, there are a few that dropped their 2G in the AP. At this point, I agree with DragonLady86: just let Tinsels and Shimmers drop in the cave. Possibly make them common.

At this point, I agree with DragonLady86: just let Tinsels and Shimmers drop in the cave. Possibly make them common.

They currently breed like uncommons, so I would assume that if they dropped in cave it would be the same ratio. But, ya know what happens when you assume.... lol

The issue with them dropping in the cave is I'm sure they'd be driven to user caused extinction within the cave, since everyone and their mother would want them, and this would make it pretty hard to get them if you have a slow connection.

I'd support a store/traders canyon idea long before I'd support them in cave.

The issue with them dropping in the cave is I'm sure they'd be driven to user caused extinction within the cave, since everyone and their mother would want them, and this would make it pretty hard to get them if you have a slow connection.

I'd support a store/traders canyon idea long before I'd support them in cave.

This is a fair point, but there was a day when you couldn't find Stripe or Black dragons to save your soul, due to overbreeding to try and get the alt versions of them. Eventually that was corrected. It's also possible to get Coppers nowadays... so my point is even if it takes a year or so to have a hope of getting a CB Tinsel/Shimmerscale I'll take that over never having a hope of getting one at all.

I'd prefer the Trader's Canyon option, but I also like DragonLady86's idea of just releasing them into the Cave. Honestly, CB Prize owners have had years to use their 2nd Gens to get what they want. Even if said CBs didn't breed true half the time, that's still a lot of CB Golds, CB Neglecteds, et cetera. The two 2nd Gens I own, one was a gift (Thank you so much <3), and the other was from trading an arm and a leg.

The only problem I see with that is... their descriptions are the same as Golds.

I am fine with the idea of a store. However I strongly believe CB prizes and CB hybrids should be kept out of it, if it ever happens.

I'd prefer them to be a "holiday event" thing, eg. you complete an entire event (not just the beginning or half of it, but everything), and you get one. Each year, you would have a chance to complete an event and get a CB prize.

Prizes are special. They were not meant to be just another pretty rare that looks good in lineages, they weren't meant to be anything like CB golds and silvers, and they definitely should not be just purchased by anyone rich enough through their certain play style.

No matter what way you implement them in the store, they will be easily obtained by people who play differently specifically to obtain them (and whatever else is there) and make them hard for others who don't spend 24 hours a day grinding dragons. Not only that, whatever "limit" they impose on them would be maxed out, and eventually some people would multi-scroll to avoid it.

Prizes were meant to be earned and won, not simply bought out of a store. They have Prize in their name.

And i've heard people say that it's "not fair" to other players if they're part of an event - well, guess what? Valentines dragons are one day, ONE DAY, out of an entire year, and if you miss them you can never get CBs of them. Halloween dragons and Christmas dragons drop for a short time as well. Prizes would be like Holiday dragons, except you put actual effort into obtaining them, and unlike other holidays, would actually have a chance next year if you missed it.

This way, they would be kept special in value but obtainable for almost anyone who could be bothered to do some quests (and make up some if they missed that day). You wouldn't have to grind 24/7 for them and you wouldn't make the people who do grind hold all of the value with prizes.

This is my two cents on the whole prize thing - Honestly, i'd love to have one, but i've seen this kind of thing before in games and i'd rather them not be something the "rich players" obtain easily (yes, even with limits) and the regular players getting screwed over.

I am fine with the idea of a store. However I strongly believe CB prizes and CB hybrids should be kept out of it, if it ever happens.

I'd prefer them to be a "holiday event" thing, eg. you complete an entire event (not just the beginning or half of it, but everything), and you get one. Each year, you would have a chance to complete an event and get a CB prize.

Prizes are special. They were not meant to be just another pretty rare that looks good in lineages, they weren't meant to be anything like CB golds and silvers, and they definitely should not be just purchased by anyone rich enough through their certain play style.

No matter what way you implement them in the store, they will be easily obtained by people who play differently specifically to obtain them (and whatever else is there) and make them hard for others who don't spend 24 hours a day grinding dragons. Not only that, whatever "limit" they impose on them would be maxed out, and eventually some people would multi-scroll to avoid it.

Prizes were meant to be earned and won, not simply bought out of a store. They have Prize in their name.

And i've heard people say that it's "not fair" to other players if they're part of an event - well, guess what? Valentines dragons are one day, ONE DAY, out of an entire year, and if you miss them you can never get CBs of them. Halloween dragons and Christmas dragons drop for a short time as well. Prizes would be like Holiday dragons, except you put actual effort into obtaining them, and unlike other holidays, would actually have a chance next year if you missed it.

This way, they would be kept special in value but obtainable for almost anyone who could be bothered to do some quests (and make up some if they missed that day). You wouldn't have to grind 24/7 for them and you wouldn't make the people who do grind hold all of the value with prizes.

This is my two cents on the whole prize thing - Honestly, i'd love to have one, but i've seen this kind of thing before in games and i'd rather them not be something the "rich players" obtain easily (yes, even with limits) and the regular players getting screwed over.

I would definitely be ok with getting them via some kind of event or something, but I object to your declaring them special beyond any other type of dragon. Perhaps that's what they were once, but they've just become something to get their owners really rare dragons.

From that standpoint, anyone who currently owns a CB Tinsel/Shimmerscale is the 'rich player' easily obtaining whatever their heart desires. I know that a lot of the owners don't do that, and in fact I own a 2nd gen Shimmerscale a friend of mine was kind enough to breed for me without charge, but it is a fact that the people who own these dragons have chances and opportunities that the rest of us don't.

I mean no offense to people who own Tinsels and Shimmerscales, it's just how I see things.

I can not say for Tinsels, but Shimmerscales were meant to be regular dragons. The blue spriter's alt, Jewel, is their original design. TJ approached the artist, Mysfit, and asked if she would be willing to make gold, silver, and bronze versions so he could release it as a new prize set.

"Prize" is, as I said just above, more of a nickname. Their names are Tinsel and Shimmerscale. They were called "Prize" because they were given as Prizes, not because that is what they were designed to be.

The holiday argument, is not valid. EVERYONE has a chance to get one as long as they log in. Even when we had raffles only a very, VERY small percent got one.

Any option can be argued to favor some players over others. The store: people who play a certain way may find it easier. events: some people can't play them. In the cave: some people have faster computers. DC has always been about how you could get anything if you worked long and hard enough. Up and until the raffles hit. Now we have dragons in the hands of only a few, and since the raffles have stopped, no possible way for ANYONE to get another. Current status: regular players already "screwed over".

guys. ascension is offtopic.  How long an idea has been requested has no relevance to it being implemented.  TJ codes things in the order he decides.  And sometimes, he may never do so.  All we can do is suggest ways to do something we would like to see and hope. 

Honestly,  I have no idea what the best way to do more prizes is.  /shrug just let Tinsels and Shimmerscales start dropping in cave.  No extra coding needed.  "but it's not fair to prize owners" well, they've had years of monopoly, I think that's plenty of time.  "But they have to be prizes/their prize dragons"  They are only called that because they were given out as prizes.  They have real names.  /end rant

The problem with "just" letting them drop in the cave is it means that some people will be able to hoard them and other people are barely going to see even one. How common to make them? Golds? Unattainable for most. Xenos? Still pretty hard to get for some. (I can catch them, two of my friends can't) What else? Make them a cave blocker? Kind of goes too far the other way.

That's why some sort of system to fairly distribute them, like the store or earning them through playing a game, is where I squarely land when it comes to a method. Everyone gets a fair chance at them. And no, distributing them through the cave isn't giving everyone a fair chance, not really. Look at how CB golds are distributed if you want to understand how.

Please read the store concept before you bash it. The way it's set up, you literally cannot spend 24 hours a day grinding for dragons. There is an extremely low cap that anyone who is active should be able to reach through normal gameplay. The store purchased eggs are also locked to the scroll that purchased it, so you wouldn't be able to multiscroll to get around a limit or otherwise take advantage of the system. Plus, there isn't a limit the way it's currently set up. The cost of the prize eggs combined with the fact that buying one of them is giving up the chance to buy something else is enough of a limit. I know this isn't the store thread, but you should understand the concept you're talking about.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

No such thing as hording in this game. And I say that as a player who has never caught a CB gold, silver, or copper.

I know hoarding isn't a thing, I used it as a descriptive term, not an accusatory one. (I often refer to my red army as my "hoard" of reds) I'm just saying that we're complaining about unfairness in the current system, where a handful of people control all the prizes. Is it really right to go to a new system that would continue to skew the distribution of prizes? Because the evidence with current CB rare dragons suggests that CB prizes in the cave would vastly end up in the hands of a relatively small group of people, with many many other people never having much of a chance. Some people, like you, have never picked up a CB gold in their entire time here. Other people manage to have multiple growing ones on their scroll at a time. I just think it would be sad for that same dynamic to happen to CB prizes.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I would definitely be ok with getting them via some kind of event or something, but I object to your declaring them special beyond any other type of dragon. Perhaps that's what they were once, but they've just become something to get their owners really rare dragons.

From that standpoint, anyone who currently owns a CB Tinsel/Shimmerscale is the 'rich player' easily obtaining whatever their heart desires. I know that a lot of the owners don't do that, and in fact I own a 2nd gen Shimmerscale a friend of mine was kind enough to breed for me without charge, but it is a fact that the people who own these dragons have chances and opportunities that the rest of us don't.

I mean no offense to people who own Tinsels and Shimmerscales, it's just how I see things.

Honestly I agree with you on the second part. Even if they do have them and want to be generous there's so many people and they don't always produce what you want. I will probably never obtain a 2G prize, but i'd rather it be like that than have it be even more skewed.

Please read the store concept before you bash it.  The way it's set up, you literally cannot spend 24 hours a day grinding for dragons.  There is an extremely low cap that anyone who is active should be able to reach through normal gameplay.  The store purchased eggs are also locked to the scroll that purchased it, so you wouldn't be able to multiscroll to get around a limit or otherwise take advantage of the system.  Plus, there isn't a limit the way it's currently set up.  The cost of the prize eggs combined with the fact that buying one of them is giving up the chance to buy something else is enough of a limit.  I know this isn't the store thread, but you should understand the concept you're talking about.

I have actually read the store thread, so no, I actually do understand the concept. I just disagree with it and do not see it working well especially with CB prizes and CB hybrids, since i've seen the exact same thing quite often on other games. So please actually consider that before you assume I didn't pay attention to it.

And no matter what way the store is set up, it WILL be exploited by other users as they grind as fast as possible whatever that method may be. You cannot stop that from happening and it will give those people a massive advantage.

Although I do agree with you on that dropping them in the cave would be even worse than the event OR the store - many people have never even seen a CB metal, and the only ones i've managed to obtain were pure luck by trading. Making prizes drop even more rarely than golds and silvers would make them nearly unattainable (not to mention the people who would use methods that break the TOS to obtain them). I would rather have them be in a store than in the cave (even as blockers), but I still do not think the store is the best solution.

Edited by Robot Chimera

I can not say for Tinsels, but Shimmerscales were meant to be regular dragons. The blue spriter's alt, Jewel, is their original design. TJ approached the artist, Mysfit, and asked if she would be willing to make gold, silver, and bronze versions so he could release it as a new prize set.

I'm wondering if you have some proof/quote of this, because AFAIK, while shimmers were originally proposed as a regular release, Mysfytt chose on her own to edit them to be appropriate as prize dragons in order to submit them as new prize dragons and was not, in fact, approached by TJ himself about it first. (Not that I really see how either version of this story is all that relevant to what the final decision should be on how to treat cb prizes - or even just cb shimmerscales. =o )

~

In any case, while I am not a superfan of the store idea, I do prefer any idea of working to 'earn' a prize dragon over simply releasing them in cave, whether that be the store, through a minigame, through collecting a certain number of dragons or being here for a certain amount of time, etc. If it wasn't such an unpopular opinion, I would like to see raffles returned, although more raffles a year would improve the process imo.

I do 100% agree that cb prizes need to be available somehow. (I thought we were done with ridiculous one-time "releases" when leetle trees were released permanently - hopefully, at least. D: ) I prefer an "earning" method over their release in the spirit of how they were originally released. No matter how well they breed, their cbs are ultra-rare, and I think it's fine to keep them special as long as they are somehow available.

Robot Chimera, I'm sorry, but when you lead off your argument against the store by claiming that it will necessitate grinding to earn anything, I can't help but assume that you are unfamiliar with the concept. That is one of the really basic aspects that was hammered out a while ago. Grinding is just simply impossible with the store concept. Unless you count "doing a lot on one day to hit the cap and stop playing for a week because your actions won't earn you anything more" as grinding.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

As far as I can tell right now with the store, as it is the prices are set for something like six months of normal gameplay will get you a Tinsel/Shimmerscale, if that's what you want (as of this point I am no longer referring to them as Prizes because... well, part of the goal of threads like this is to get them away from that status, which I am more than ok with). That's only a little more than getting them once a year at Christmas or something, and that seems perfectly adequate to keep them in that special status.

Not to get too deeply into the store here because this isn't the thread for that, but I don't see how being essentially forced to play a bunch of games you might not be interested in is any more desirable than just doing normal gameplay things to rack up points for these special dragons.

Case in point, I did the Christmas event for a single day and then stopped. I had no lag and the game was playing fine for me I just found it... boring, too boring to spend my small and precious free time on. If I was forced to play a game, however enjoyable, and spend a significant amount of my free time on it, I would be more annoyed than grateful, even if it did give me a dragon as a reward.

ETA: if my not being able to grind or even get on the game most days means I might get fewer Tinsels/Shimmerscales than someone with more free time, I'm fine with that actually. I don't really care how many dragons another person has as long as I myself can have a set of them eventually.

Edited by silver_chan

Robot Chimera, I'm sorry, but when you lead off your argument against the store by claiming that it will necessitate grinding to earn anything, I can't help but assume that you are unfamiliar with the concept.  That is one of the really basic aspects that was hammered out a while ago.  Grinding is just simply impossible with the store concept.  Unless you count "doing a lot on one day to hit the cap and stop playing for a week because your actions won't earn you anything more" as grinding.

I find it amusing you think you understand the concept so well yet don't understand this.

If you take it that way, then sure. It's still the same as other games - you play, you max out your score, then do nothing. It's "play to win". Regardless of what limits you set, you will still end up with the same problem - people will either be unable to hit those limits, and those who use methods to literally max themselves out 24/7 will still have the advantage. The thread lists an 8-day cycle for 100 points. Again, with that in place, you will have people grinding eggs and hatchlings into adulthood (trading for ERs, AP hunting, ect.). Short of making it so easy it's pointless to even consider the store as anything other than "free rare eggs", you will have people grinding and taking advantage of this.

Either way, this isn't the store thread. I have said why I think adding CB prizes to the store is bad, and i'm not going to argue it further. After all, it's only a matter of opinion.

I really don't support the idea of just throwing CB Prizes into the cave. I don't think it would accomplish very much or solve the problems with trading. We already have problems with rare cave droppers, like Golds and Xenos, being hard or downright impossible for some to catch or even trade for. We already have people multi-scrolling and botting to grab these rares. That wouldn't change if Prizes started dropping. It would probably just get even worse.

Raffles are by far the worst idea, in my opinion, but dropping in the cave is like #2 worst idea to me.

I don't say this because I want a monopoly or whatever greedy assumptions people make about Prize owners, but because I genuinely don't feel like it would solve the issue. There are better ways to go about it without adding more randomness and putting Prizes in a place where they can be "easily" grabbed by bots. My ideal is still the Store because it gives users attainable things to work for (which DC is lacking to an extreme) while keeping Prizes special but even putting very minimal effort into a Holiday event would be better than dropping.

As far as I can tell right now with the store, as it is the prices are set for something like six months of normal gameplay will get you a Tinsel/Shimmerscale, if that's what you want (as of this point I am no longer referring to them as Prizes because... well, part of the goal of threads like this is to get them away from that status, which I am more than ok with). That's only a little more than getting them once a year at Christmas or something, and that seems perfectly adequate to keep them in that special status.

Not to get too deeply into the store here because this isn't the thread for that, but I don't see how being essentially forced to play a bunch of games you might not be interested in is any more desirable than just doing normal gameplay things to rack up points for these special dragons.

Case in point, I did the Christmas event for a single day and then stopped. I had no lag and the game was playing fine for me I just found it... boring, too boring to spend my small and precious free time on. If I was forced to play a game, however enjoyable, and spend a significant amount of my free time on it, I would be more annoyed than grateful, even if it did give me a dragon as a reward.

ETA: if my not being able to grind or even get on the game most days means I might get fewer Tinsels/Shimmerscales than someone with more free time, I'm fine with that actually. I don't really care how many dragons another person has as long as I myself can have a set of them eventually.

THIS. So VERY much this.

As long as we can earn them without having to grind away at minigames - earn them by just playing as we usually do, even if that way takes longer - fine. I might play games; I might not - but I would very much object to their being the ONLY way to get things in the store.

@ Robot Chimera - ANYONE can hit the limits set in the store thread. It is by far the fairest way to get prize dragons out there. It is a billion times fairer to the vast majority of players than the raffles ever were, and I do begin to see that cave drops might not work, even though I wouldn't be 100% against them, scripting and multiscrolling would be possible; with the store, neither would be.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'll throw my two cents in here -- again, because I felt like doing so and I have a few things to say.

I'm okay with the store idea. Mana Alchemy was, without a shadow of a doubt, the BEST holiday minigame we've had so far. I played it for hours every day when it came out, since I had never played any game quite like that back then. I'd gladly play Mana Alchemy (or something similar to it?) again, if I could get CB Shimmers/Tinsels that way. Heck, I'd still play it even if it didn't do anything at all.

But then again, as Fuzzbucket just said, I'm also okay with the idea of obtaining Shimmers and Tinsels without "grinding" minigames each and every day. Something like raising a certain number of dragons or something is fine. But there's this one question again - what about those who already have a gold trophy's worth of dragons or more? (I myself have somewhere around 3000+ dragons...) Do they have to raise 500+ dragons again to get a Shimmer/Tinsel?

Raffles - only okay if we'd get them more than just once a year, and that those who already have CB Tinsels/Shimmers could not get another one that way. Or at least one of the same breed and color, for example no two CB bronze Shimmers/Tinsels on one scroll.

Releasing them in the cave -- a firm and solid NO. I don't even remember the last time I've seen a CB metallic ANYWHERE in the cave. And Tinsels/Shimmers would probably be even rarer than CB metallics, so... no. Just no.

My internet connection is decently fast, typically only lags at top hours, so that's not my problem here. The problem is -- CB metals only show up once in a blue moon when it's raining blood and kittens cry. And whenever one does appear somewhere, it's gone in less than a nanosecond. Imagine how fast a CB Tinsel/Shimmer would disappear if they'd drop in the cave.

Also Tinsels have the same exact egg description as Golds, so that'd just add to the confusion.

Just sayin'.

errr... I know the store isn't supposed to be discussed here, so I won't, but I thought it could come in handy to copy a few things from the latest state of the Trader's Canyon thread:

What can be purchased with Shards?

- Any dragon that is obtainable in cave, Prize dragons and Past Holiday dragons during their specific windows.

How are shards earned?

-By collecting, breeding and raising dragons. Obtaining an egg, hatching an egg into hatchy stage, and raising a dragon to adulthood earns one point each step of the way. Using certain BSAs earn a point (Incubate, Influence, Fertility). There is a 100 point cap in place, per 8 day cycle (using Cirion flipping between full and new moon).

-Some breeds can earn extra points if the store has decided they they are a overstocked. These dragons would earn an extra .2 shards once they have grown to adult stage, or have been frozen. NO limit on the bonus points.

How are they used?

-Shards can be traded in to an NPC trader for "Cave" biome eggs, and items

How are prices set:

-We decided to use Golds as the most expensive dragon, and broke the other breeds down as being worth a percentage of golds.

What limitations exist?

-Some actions have a limit to how many times they can be applied towards the "weekly" goal. (specifically how many points can be earned from breeding and raising dragons during the 8 day window)

-There is absolutely no user to user interaction for any part of this. Nothing obtained from the store is tradable, the currency is untradable.

-The store will not open to users until they have obtained Bronze badge, however, they will earn points from day one.

-CB BRED Alts and Hybrids are not part of this.

Like Thuban repeatedly said in the Trader's Canyon thread, the mini games are not yet part of the store proposal yet. So basically it's nothing more than you already do: catching eggs (be it from the cave or the AP), hatching them and raising them.

Just to be thorough in the quoting, from the Trader's Canyon thread (@Thuban, I hope you don't mind me quoting you here smile.gif ):

Again, mini games aren't needed for the core suggestion, and therefore, working them out is a bit of a waste of time. Adding mini games that stay around all the times, does take away from what this game has been for the past 8 years and so I can see the problem. There is room to add them and other features later, but I think most of us want the core mechanics worked out first, so we can start earning towards those dragons we are after.

I've already given my two cents on the subject of CB prizes earlier, so I won't repeat that. Just thought it could come in handy to have the accurate info from the Trader's Canyon thread, since that pops-up regularly here.

I'd prefer the Trader's Canyon option, but I also like DragonLady86's idea of just releasing them into the Cave. Honestly, CB Prize owners have had years to use their 2nd Gens to get what they want. Even if said CBs didn't breed true half the time, that's still a lot of CB Golds, CB Neglecteds, et cetera. The two 2nd Gens I own, one was a gift (Thank you so much <3), and the other was from trading an arm and a leg.

The only problem I see with that is... their descriptions are the same as Golds.

horses, frills and skywings share the same description so i dont see how if tinsels dropped incave how they sharing the same description as golds would be a problem. they would both be desirable and you could always trade it if you didnt get the one you wanted

Something like raising a certain number of dragons or something is fine. But there's this one question again - what about those who already have a gold trophy's worth of dragons or more? (I myself have somewhere around 3000+ dragons...) Do they have to raise 500+ dragons again to get a Shimmer/Tinsel?

It's not what you HAVE that gets you stuff, but what you do. Whatever you have when (I am an optimist wink.gif ) the store opens will count for nothing - just as what you had when the encyclopaedia started didn't count.

I feel bad the store thread keeps taking over this one. I'll work on a post for the store thread, to address the concerns that keep coming up on the pricing and such, because it seems people are rather confused on what that thread is trying to do when I can (have medical things going on atm, so it may take a day or so).

However: like others have said:

GRINDING IS NOT POSSIBLE. It will not BE possible. You can earn those points however you like within the guidelines set out, but once you hit that cap... you're done. Yes, people with a lower trophy level will be at a slight disadvantage, but, they will have other options available to them for earning the points, and the points were set in mind for those with smaller scrolls in mind. The only potential way to earn extra points (grind) is if the blockers earn bonus points.. but even then, you have to physically raise those breeds and it would take 5 to earn just one point. And as the blocker breeds could be potentially switching out on a weekly/biweekly basis, it would be rather difficult to really exploit

As for the prices:

The prices are time based... not specific prices. Specific prices can not happen until we know what the cap actually translates to in points. Doing it time based though means that you know, if you commit to playing for x amount of time on a week to week basis, you're going to earn whatever you are after, in that period of time. If you miss a week, no big deal. If you miss a few months, no big deal. It might take a little bit longer, but EVERYONE will have equal chances of earning things, even if some may take a bit longer than others due to not being able to log in.

Prizes are worth less than a cb gold in there. Prizes take 4-5 months, meaning you can earn 2-3 a year. THIS ISNT A CAP: You can buy as many as you can afford. So if you stock pile points for 2 years, and decide to spend them all on prizes at once, you could buy 4-6 at once. Thats up to you, the player.

I have broken it all down a bit better for individual people in the last few days, I'll get a post in that thread when I can. This information is being posted to this thread, simply because of the various misconceptions that seem to be happening throughout it. Lets take it easy on discussing the finer points of the store here, and instead, take the discussions about the store, to the store thread. Questions and comments about how its set up, really need to happen there, and not in the other threads, so that I can keep the information all in one place, for as long as I am active here.

A reminder of ALL THE CURRENTLY THEORIZED OPTIONS for CB Prizes:

{snip}

It seems like the current range of choices for getting CB Prizes back in the game are:

(from most liked in the thread to least liked in the thread)

1) The Store/Trader's Canyon

- Which may or may not happen, and if it does happen, it won't be anytime soon and possibly not in the same way that the request is currently designed.

- Loss of "Prize" association

- Places a price tag on dragons that may make it difficult for different players to afford the dragons due to differing play styles

- Current design allows you to buy as many prizes as you can if you have the points for it, but getting points is limited to a weekly cap

--- Points are gained through catching eggs, raising dragons, breeding, and using BSA's

- Allows you to accumulate enough points to buy a Prize Dragon every 4-5 months if you stockpile all your points, consistently max out your weekly cap, and don't spend on anything else

2) A Prize for Completing [insert Holiday] Event

- 1 prize of the player's choice per event per year (so you can only get a single CB prize a year for completing any one of the holiday events that year)

- Relatively easy way to get CB's

- Number of CB obtainable is limited

- Unable to get CB Prize if miss the event

3) A Prize for a specific Mini-Game

- 1 prize of the player's choice per completion of mini-game

- May or may not be tied to specific Dragon Cave Events

- May or may not be able to play multiple times to get more CB Prizes

- May restrict access to CB Prizes for players who can't play [insert mini-game here] well

4) Earning a "Prize" for raising/breeding/catching [insert number] Dragons

- Prizes given from bronze to gold as ascending number of achievements are met

- May be unattainable for players with certain play styles

- Possibly tie getting CB Prizes to trophies?

---- (Will people who already have gold trophies get all the Prize dragons or just gold versions or no prizes at all?)

5) "Summon" a Prize Dragon via a BSA of a Dragon

- Can get Prize eggs via a similar mechanic to Summoning GoN's, with all the pros and cons of the "Summon" BSA

- May force players to collect a dragon they were never intending to collect to get the Prize dragons

- Relies on chance for summoning the Prize

- May take years to get prizes if not enough of [insert Dragon breed]

6) Release in the Cave

- Functions as essentially another shiny rare dragon breed, with all the pros and cons of another shiny rare breed

- Obtainable in the cave to all players

- May be all year round or limited to Holiday Seasons

- No limitations on number or color other than set rarity,

- Biggest influences are outside the game: internet quality, computer age, and the player's physical ability

- May lead to discrepency in scrolls seen in other CB shiny rares

- May affect trading market similar to other shiny rares

- Good luck finding one

- Good luck catching one

7) Raffles

- Relies solely on chance for players to receive Prize Dragons

- No Longer active at the moment

- Tied to the Winter Holiday Events

- Led to the current situation of a near minuscule amount of players with total control of CB Prize Dragons and low lineage offspring

- Pushed the trading market in the favor of the few players with the CB Dragons

- Loss of breeding CB Prizes from Scroll Burning (multi-scrollers), Frozen Dragons, Released Dragons, Unclaimed Prizes, In-active Players, etc. have an incredible effect on number of CB Prizes and Low gen offspring due to the low number of dragons handed out by this mechanism

- A Very disliked option

- VERY.

Honorable Mention

8) Any one of the above

- Players that just want CB Prizes in some way or form and don't care too much about the method.

--

Anything I am missing? Any suggestions on changing the order?

Note: This order is not my personal order, but just from what I got from following the thread.

- Numbers 1 and 2 look most liked to me, while Numbers 6 and 7 look most disliked.

- Numbers 3 through 5 are not nearly as clear as which one is more disliked than the other.

Now updated with more info about the store.

Any comments on this?

Edit: Adding more info on the store.

(Tries to redirect thread, back to topic.)

Edited by Shokomon