Paradisiske

ANSWERED:bring back cb prizes

My description of having them available generally but rare also applies to having them as prizes for completing holiday events. I was not bringing the store into it, even though I support it.

As was stated elsewhere, the store tends to "invade" many other threads because it offers solutions to many different problems that are being discussed, and it is peoples' right to say that they prefer another option.

There seem to be too many people who think prizes NEED to be rare. I agree that absurdly common cave drops would be a solution to the problem.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Since I'm not assuming that the store will ever be implemented (and by the way, why does it keep invading every suggestion thread ???), I'm more and more persuaded that absurdly common dropping is quite reasonable. Yes, initially, people with fast connections will catch a lot of those. After a few weeks, everybody will realize that they are worthless, trade wise, and the situation will stabilize. The store requires coding, to make them drop as cave-blockers, does not.

The store keeps popping up because people like myself and other very frequent posters really like it for a good many reasons. I'm not saying everyone likes the idea of course; I've seen many people who are against it as well. But for my money it's the best way to distribute Tinsels, Shimmerscales, Metallics, and Holidays (if we get those in the hypothetical store). Also, TJ hasn't said 'no', so we still have a chance of getting it one day.

I wouldn't necessarily mind them dropping in the cave, but I would prefer changing their egg description. Not saying that would be a dealbreaker, but it will make it more of a nightmare when trying to hunt for Golds. Also some way to tell the colors apart (time of day? Biome?) would also be ideal.

Oh yea, they need a different description from golds if they're going to drop as commons. If they're going to be handed out in some other fashion it doesn't matter.

Also some way to tell the colors apart (time of day? Biome?) would also be ideal.

There actually is a way to do this with eggs that share the same description already, but it's entirely unintentional and you risk the egg being gone by the time you check.

(right-click, copy link location, paste link in new tab and change /get to /view, and you can see the egg).

But yeah, I agree if put in cave it would be a headache in the description is not changed.

Edit- actually, nevermind they seem to have fixed that view glitch now. No more easy tan ridges for me.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

I wouldn't necessarily mind them dropping in the cave, but I would prefer changing their egg description. Not saying that would be a dealbreaker, but it will make it more of a nightmare when trying to hunt for Golds. Also some way to tell the colors apart (time of day? Biome?) would also be ideal.

Yeah probably a bunch of people would be upset if those caveblockers were to share a description with the Golds. Maybe a description evoking their past glory as prizes wink.gif Since there are six types and six biomes, maybe just assign each type to a different biome?

Edited by SullenCat

There actually is a way to do this with eggs that share the same description already, but it's entirely unintentional and you risk the egg being gone by the time you check.

(right-click, copy link location, paste link in new tab and change /get to /view, and you can see the egg).

But yeah, I agree if put in cave it would be a headache in the description is not changed.

Yeah, I know about that trick, but I don't like to use it because it's clumsy and takes way too much time. If there's an easier way than having lineage view of another egg open in a separate window, hovering over the egg in-cave, and painstakingly copying it from memory into the lineage window, I don't know what it is. My memory is also terrible, ao it usually takes me like three checks to make sure I got it right. Much easier to just take my chances... but of course I risk ending up with an egg I don't necessarily want.

If TJ ends up changing the description anyway, he could possibly consider adding in a line about what color the egg is? That would be nice xd.png

Eta: it wouldn't even have to be a line, it could just be a word. 'This (copper/silver/gold) egg is very reflective, almost metallic looking'. That would mean your chances drop to 50-50, instead of one out of six of getting the exact dragon you want.

Edited by silver_chan

I dont really wanna see them become just another biome dragon ESPECIALLY if they are super gonna be commons (or worse UNcommons, THE HORROR!)

It just seems boring

but PLEASE dont let them have a similar description to golds, gold hunting is annoying enough without fool's gold dropping!

but if we must pick the most dull option then at least give them normal descriptions

"this ___ egg looks a bit like tinsel"

"this ___ egg somewhat resembles a giant pearl"

this way it's easy to tell them apart

However

I think the best option would be to make them correspond with trophies and then hand out extras during holiday events.

One matching egg for free with your trophy, then you can win extras by completing events.

they stay as prizes and are still exciting to receive but aren't these OP dragons that only the select few can ever have.

It can't correspond with trophies, otherwise people with gold trophies would only ever get golds, and only newbies would get bronzes. It would also encourage multiscrolling if the eggs could be transferred/traded, so that gold trophy users could get bronzes and silvers.

It would have to be something like: bronze trophies get bronzes, silver trophies can choose between silver and bronze, and gold trophies can choose between all the colors. And what about the poor newbie who doesn't have their bronze trophy yet? They get nothing?

Edited by Pokemonfan13

It would have to be something like: bronze trophies get bronzes, silver trophies can choose between silver and bronze, and gold trophies can choose between all the colors. And what about the poor newbie who doesn't have their bronze trophy yet? They get nothing?

Honestly? If it was something that was associated with trophies... I wouldn't see a problem with this. I don't see it as much now, but in the past year, it seemed like every brand new newbie who joined the forum was asking how to get a gold and silver ASAP. There's this big rush to get all the "best" dragons right away. So someone has to wait to have 50 dragons to get a cb prize dragon? It doesn't take that long, even if you have a goal as simple as "one of each dragon in the cave".

Then again, as I've posted before, I'm a proponent of doing some method of earning/taking time to give out cb prizes because I'm all for keeping the cbs on the rarer side (whether that be raffles, minigames, or the store - basically anything but releasing them in the cave, especially as a common).

It can't correspond with trophies, otherwise people with gold trophies would only ever get golds, and only newbies would get bronzes.  It would also encourage multiscrolling if the eggs could be transferred/traded, so that gold trophy users could get bronzes and silvers.

It would have to be something like: bronze trophies get bronzes, silver trophies can choose between silver and bronze, and gold trophies can choose between all the colors.  And what about the poor newbie who doesn't have their bronze trophy yet?  They get nothing?

actually I was hoping someone would bring this up

I think CB prizes should be non-transferable, like GoN

also here is the system that should be used

People who already have a trophy get to pick between a shimmer and tinsel for every trophy they have had

people who already have gold trophies get to pick a bronze,a silver and a gold

people who already have silver's also get to pick for their bronze.

and the poor newbie gets to pick when they get their trophies.

This way no matter when you join, you get one egg for every trophy you have ever had, and you should be able to pick whenever you want, that way if you ignore it since joining and get up to gold, then one day change your mind and decide that you want your prizes you can have them.

and as an added bonus to this, you can pick on your own time!

no pressure, dont wanna choose right now? wanna save your eggslots?

you can just get it later!

you dont even have to get it if ya dont want one

and if ya change your mind, its still there!

and maybe if the egg dies or is converted to a vampire for whatever reason, you could replace it by collecting more dragons with a replacement "quest" of sorts

Edited by blockEdragon

The store suggestion does lock anything earned there to your scroll.

As was stated elsewhere, the store tends to "invade" many other threads because it offers solutions to many different problems that are being discussed, and it is peoples' right to say that they prefer another option.

There seem to be too many people who think prizes NEED to be rare.  I agree that absurdly common cave drops would be a solution to the problem.

YES ! (though I'd rather the store, absurdly common cave drops wodul be second best.)

Honestly? If it was something that was associated with trophies... I wouldn't see a problem with this. I don't see it as much now, but in the past year, it seemed like every brand new newbie who joined the forum was asking how to get a gold and silver ASAP. There's this big rush to get all the "best" dragons right away. So someone has to wait to have 50 dragons to get a cb prize dragon? It doesn't take that long, even if you have a goal as simple as "one of each dragon in the cave".

Then again, as I've posted before, I'm a proponent of doing some method of earning/taking time to give out cb prizes because I'm all for keeping the cbs on the rarer side (whether that be raffles, minigames, or the store - basically anything but releasing them in the cave, especially as a common).

I'm with you 98% - but cave before raffles, before ANYTHING RNG related !

Not too sure how I feel about picking according trophy level as I have questions, like if it happens the moment we pick up a tinsel or a shimmer in cave. But I do feel they should be locked to your scroll--or if people don't want that because they were caught from the cave, then impose GON or holiday limits (you can only ever have a certain amount of CBs of each prize type and color).

Edited by Jazeki

But I do feel they should be locked to your scroll--or if people don't want that because they were caught from the cave, then impose GON or holiday limits (you can only ever have a certain amount of CBs of each prize type and color).

Without the store - I could live with that.

Well, I would support the following options (in order of preference)

• Store
  • Trophy level increase, but the trophy levels gained before implementation need to count somehow, or all older players with gold scrolls will be screwed.
  • Holiday event completion/participation, probably with a cap for the amounts of prizes you can achieve in one year - or making the kind of prize you can choose dependent on the number of events you completed/participated in. Re participation: Some events, like the recent Halloween event, don't have a set goal, so they cannot be "completed".
  • In-cave release with stipulations - either make the prize breeds dirt common, or add a CB limit for every user and subtype (2 per type and scroll?) like there is for some holiday dragons.

Options I will never support:

Anything with RNG as the chore mechanic. No raffles. No lottos. No "summoning". Nothing of the sort. And, please, no uncommon to rare in-cave release. I'm also not fond of adding mini-games to DC as an only way to get CB prizes.

A limit of two CBs for each color of Tinsel/Shimmer would be great, particularly if the only way to get them would be picking them up from the cave. But ultimately I prefer the store.

Here are the options I would support, in order of preference:

• Holiday event release - Keeps them at a nice value and unlike the store doesn't screw over certain players.
  • Raffles - The prizes were originally released with RNG methods. They are, again, PRIZE dragons. Just because there was drama doesn't mean other options will create less drama.
  • Trophy level - As long as those who hoarded dragons to get to gold for more eggslots don't get screwed over, i'd be fine with this.
  • Other RNG methods, such as summoning.
The two options I will never support are an in-cave release (either they're dirt common and no one will want them anymore, or only fast internet users get them.), and the Store. The only way I would ever be ok with the store is if prizes were kept out of it, or at least weren't just another common in there. To me, the store is exactly the same as making an in-cave release with them becoming blockers.

I definitely support a 2-CB limit of each color and type - that way you can get a CB M/F pair of each, but no more.

Edited by Robot Chimera

You can't please everybody, but breeds aren't rare just because they're 'rare'- breeds are rare because of demand. As a 'pretty shiny' I doubt they'd ever be absurdly common, the idea just would be not to release them at the rare-level ratios because then they're be impossible to find.

The raffles caused a problem because they created inequality, with the few users who had them having all the trading power basically being able to ask for anything they wanted. That's why I do not support another raffle being held.

Shop or participation with prize of choice I think would be a lot better than a random shot in the dark, and would be more fair overall.

Holiday event release - Keeps them at a nice value and unlike the store doesn't screw over certain players.

Raffles - The prizes were originally released with RNG methods. They are, again, PRIZE dragons. Just because there was drama doesn't mean other options will create less drama.

Trophy level - As long as those who hoarded dragons to get to gold for more eggslots don't get screwed over, i'd be fine with this.

Other RNG methods, such as summoning.

The two options I will never support are an in-cave release (either they're dirt common and no one will want them anymore, or only fast internet users get them.), and the Store. The only way I would ever be ok with the store is if prizes were kept out of it, or at least weren't just another common in there. To me, the store is exactly the same as making an in-cave release with them becoming blockers.

I definitely support a 2-CB limit of each color and type - that way you can get a CB M/F pair of each, but no more.

I honestly mean no offense, I'm just being honest here, but...I doubt you will ever get a lot of people agreeing with you, Robot Chimera, because you heavily favor options that are openly disliked by most people. From what I can tell, most people would rather carve an egg out of.stone before they would accept another raffle; I'm one of them,because I am quite sure I would never win, and I am not about to support a method that would give some stranger an egg and not me xd.png

You seem to think that the store will make getting Shimmercales and Tinsels easy, while it seems to me that people will at the most be able to get one once a year or so. That doesn't seem very fast to me. Will it immediately drop the value of second gens? Well, maybe not immediately...but frankly I can only see that as a good thing. I'd love it if I could have a hope of trading for them, or metallics and neglecteds, because right now it's difficult to trade for those without a Shimmerscale or a Tinsel.

I'm sorry you feel that this will screw people over, but any way we reintroduce them aside from raffles will do that. You're right, tbere will be drama no matter what we do, but frankly I'd rather deal with the drama surrounding everyone being able to get them instead of more raffle drama. The raffles screwed the rest of us who didn't win over already, anyway.

Edited by silver_chan

Frankly, I'm really fine with any method that will guarantee that *everyone* will *eventually* get at least one CB prize. RNG is not such a method, no matter how badly you stack the deck in your favor. And you'll find people who get their 3rd, 4th or 5th "prize" before more than half of the active long-time players will have gotten their first if you use anything random.

Edited by olympe

Frankly, I'm really fine with any method that will guarantee that *everyone* will *eventually* get at least one CB prize. RNG is not such a method, no matter how badly you stack the deck in your favor. And you'll find people who get their 3rd, 4th or 5th "prize" before more than half of the active long-time players will have gotten their first if you use anything random.

In an ideal world, I'd want 30 CBs of each kind (ten of each color variation). Am I likely to get that? .....probably not. But I'd be a lot closer with something like the store or if they got released into the cave. One would do for a nice start though.

• Holiday event release - Keeps them at a nice value and unlike the store doesn't screw over certain players.
  • Raffles - The prizes were originally released with RNG methods. They are, again, PRIZE dragons. Just because there was drama doesn't mean other options will create less drama.
  • Trophy level - As long as those who hoarded dragons to get to gold for more eggslots don't get screwed over, i'd be fine with this.
  • Other RNG methods, such as summoning.

How on earth is the store the same as them becoming blockers? With the store it would take *months*, I think five or six, before a user would be able to get a CB Prize. Two to three CB Prizes a year would be the limit, because of the points being time-based. How on *earth* is that the same thing as making them cave-blockers? That makes no sense at all.

What I support, in order of preference:

Store - By far the fairest way to *earn* CB Prizes over *time* without making them completely impossible to get or way too common. Everyone would have to be active in DragonCave in order to earn their points, there would be *no* instant gratification, and yet people could earn those points doing things they normally do, no forcing playstyles.

Holiday Game Completion - As long as *everyone* who completed the game earned one, and the games were at least *possible* to play. This would mean, at the *very* least, a lot more beta-testing on games to make sure that no players get frozen out of the games the entire time like happened this past holiday.

Common-Uncommon Release in cave - Fair enough, everyone can hunt the biomes and/or trade for their CBs.

What I do NOT support under ANY circumstances:

Any RNG method, including raffles, lottos, "summoning", etc

Not too sure how I feel about picking according trophy level as I have questions, like if it happens the moment we pick up a tinsel or a shimmer in cave. But I do feel they should be locked to your scroll--or if people don't want that because they were caught from the cave, then impose GON or holiday limits (you can only ever have a certain amount of CBs of each prize type and color).

It doesn't involve cave hunting with my system, they would be PRIZES, as in it lets you choose between two eggs on their own page specially designed for prize distribution when you get a trophy, no one else can catch it before you because it's not in the cave or AP, it's a prize you can redeem for winning a trophy.

and I see no reason for number limits with my system, the limit is that they would be non-transferable and you could only get one per trophy, and one per event.

And I hate the store idea, buying tinsels with real money just seems pay-to-win.

Edited by blockEdragon

And I hate the store idea, buying tinsels with real money just seems pay-to-win.

Where did you get the idea that the store involves buying them with real money? A brief review of the Trader's Canyon post will show that that is not the case. I don't think any of us want that kind of store!

Where did you get the idea that the store involves buying them with real money? A brief review of the Trader's Canyon post will show that that is not the case. I don't think any of us want that kind of store!

Absolutely not. Pay-to-win or paying with money is the exact sort of unfairness we're tryimg to avoid with these suggestions. No one wants that.

*checks thread*

Wow the whole idea is very different from the last time I looked at it.

However I still think trophies and possibly extras during holiday events are the best option.

Edited by blockEdragon