Paradisiske

ANSWERED:bring back cb prizes

*checks thread*

Wow the whole idea is very different from the last time I looked at it.

Money has only EVER been suggested by a few individuals within the thread, and shot down by almost everyone. Thuban NEVER put it in.

And how are you planning to deal with people who already have gold trophies ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

I honestly mean no offense, I'm just being honest here, but...I doubt you will ever get a lot of people agreeing with you, Robot Chimera, because you heavily favor options that are openly disliked by most people. From what I can tell, most people would rather carve an egg out of.stone before they would accept another raffle; I'm one of them,because I am quite sure I would never win, and I am not about to support a method that would give some stranger an egg and not me xd.png

You seem to think that the store will make getting Shimmercales and Tinsels easy, while it seems to me that people will at the most be able to get one once a year or so. That doesn't seem very fast to me. Will it immediately drop the value of second gens? Well, maybe not immediately...but frankly I can only see that as a good thing. I'd love it if I could have a hope of trading for them, or metallics and neglecteds, because right now it's difficult to trade for those without a Shimmerscale or a Tinsel.

I'm sorry you feel that this will screw people over, but any way we reintroduce them aside from raffles will do that. You're right, tbere will be drama no matter what we do, but frankly I'd rather deal with the drama surrounding everyone being able to get them instead of more raffle drama. The raffles screwed the rest of us who didn't win over already, anyway.

Did I say the only ideas I support were RNG? No. I do not think RNG is the best option, but the store is even worse. And keep in mind not everyone loves the store idea - the point of this thread is suggestions and alternatives, not "add the store and move on".

Quite frankly I think everyone is ignoring the whole point of why I disagree with the store. The store places them at a very low value competitively to other dragons. If you do not understand this, read the store post.

I want a CB prize very badly, but not enough that they'll become commons.

How on earth is the store the same as them becoming blockers? With the store it would take *months*, I think five or six, before a user would be able to get a CB Prize. Two to three CB Prizes a year would be the limit, because of the points being time-based. How on *earth* is that the same thing as making them cave-blockers? That makes no sense at all.

[/b]

Read the above.

In fact, let me quote the store post itself to prove this.

Copper (all three colors) - 1:0.67 (4.02, rounding to 4 months)

Prizes (all species, all colors) - 1:0.67 to 1:0.83 (from 4 to 5 months)

Now let's take a look here. Coppers. You will spend the same amount of time hoarding whatever currency to get a Copper as you do a CB prize.

Coppers are something you will see everywhere. 2G coppers are worthless, and CB versions will maybe get you a 1:1 for a CB Xeno or an unbreedable. Rare, sure. But how often do you see 2Gs of them? They're everywhere. They will be the new "uncommon 2G with a mildly rare CB."

And that defeats the entire point of prizes.

Next you guys will complain about NDs being "too hard to make" or Golds needing to be "available to everyone". They are rare for a reason, and that makes it fun to try and work towards getting them.

But they won't be as common as coppers, as coppers have the cave as a source too. That's only the value that you would have to pay if you wanted to get a copper from the store. Each person who gets a prize will have to accumulate their points for four to five MONTHS to get one. That's a maximum of 3 a year, and that's only if they ignore everything else in the store. How exactly is that going to make them as common as coppers? If you want you can get more than 3 coppers a year from the cave.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

It doesn't involve cave hunting with my system, they would be PRIZES, as in it lets you choose between two eggs on their own page specially designed for prize distribution when you get a trophy, no one else can catch it before you because it's not in the cave or AP, it's a prize you can redeem for winning a trophy.

and I see no reason for number limits with my system, the limit is that they would be non-transferable and you could only get one per trophy, and one per event.

And I hate the store idea, buying tinsels with real money just seems pay-to-win.

Ah. OK. I was confused. So we only ever automatically get one prize? And earn the other five through events?

Yes, emphasis on 'work towards'. No matter what you feel about the store it will let us actually work for it. Of the options you suggested, only the Holiday thing is actually working there (I have a gold trophy already so if it's based on trophies i would like more information about how that would work).

I am still missing Coppers, actually. They're not 'everywhere', at least not for me; and yes, the second gens are worthless, because I want to breed my own! Just like I want to breed my own second gen shimmers and tinsels.

Eta: and not to trade either, if that's what you're wondering.

Edited by silver_chan

But they won't be as common as coppers, as coppers have the cave as a source too. That's only the value that you would have to pay if you wanted to get a copper from the store. Each person who gets a prize will have to accumulate their points for four to five MONTHS to get one. That's a maximum of 3 a year, and that's only if they ignore everything else in the store. How exactly is that going to make them as common as coppers? If you want you can get more than 3 coppers a year from the cave.

Exactly.

Yes, emphasis on 'work towards'. No matter what you feel about the store it will let us actually work for it. Of the options you suggested, only the Holiday thing is actually working there (I have a gold trophy already so if it's based on trophies i would like more information about how that would work).

Me too...

Money has only EVER been suggested by a few individuals within the thread, and shot down by almost everyone. Thuban NEVER put it in.

And how are you planning to deal with people who already have gold trophies ?

Iv already said how like three times

people who already have gold trophies get to pick for their bronze and gold as well.

no matter when you join, you get one egg for every trophy you have ever had

people who already have gold trophies get to pick for their bronze and gold as well.

I assume that means we are forced to choose between Tinsels and Shimmers? While I would choose Shimmers every time if forced to choose, I do want Tinsels as well. I know you said that we could get them from events too, I'd like that if we got one from every event. I like to breed dragons, and just having half a set doesn't help me much there (though I would obviously be grateful if that did happen...)

And you think that's what people will believe? When it takes MONTHS to get something as common as a copper, people are going to assume they have the exact same value. That is what the store does. It applies exact values to dragons.

Saying they have the same value as coppers in the store will mean that they will have the same value as coppers "because the store said so"

The ONLY WAY they would be anything less than uncommons if places in the store is if they were 2:1 CB golds, possibly 1:1.

So that gives a massive advantage to people who already have gold - and as silver_chan asks - how can we get shimmers AND tins ?

And you think that's what people will believe? When it takes MONTHS to get something as common as a copper, people are going to assume they have the exact same value. That is what the store does. It applies exact values to dragons.

Saying they have the same value as coppers in the store will mean that they will have the same value as coppers "because the store said so"

And you think people are so stupid they won't realise that they CAN get coppers in the cave and they can NEVER get shimmers or tins there ?

Coppers are hardly common, BTW.

Edited by fuzzbucket

And I still say 'good'. Anything to topple the Shimmers and Tinsels from the ridiculously lofty perch they currently sit at in the trading threads.

Did I say the only ideas I support were RNG? No. I do not think RNG is the best option, but the store is even worse. And keep in mind not everyone loves the store idea - the point of this thread is suggestions and alternatives, not "add the store and move on".

Quite frankly I think everyone is ignoring the whole point of why I disagree with the store. The store places them at a very low value competitively to other dragons. If you do not understand this, read the store post.

I want a CB prize very badly, but not enough that they'll become commons.

Read the above.

In fact, let me quote the store post itself to prove this.

Now let's take a look here. Coppers. You will spend the same amount of time hoarding whatever currency to get a Copper as you do a CB prize.

Coppers are something you will see everywhere. 2G coppers are worthless, and CB versions will maybe get you a 1:1 for a CB Xeno or an unbreedable. Rare, sure. But how often do you see 2Gs of them? They're everywhere. They will be the new "uncommon 2G with a mildly rare CB."

And that defeats the entire point of prizes.

Next you guys will complain about NDs being "too hard to make" or Golds needing to be "available to everyone". They are rare for a reason, and that makes it fun to try and work towards getting them.

Pardon, Robot Chimera, but not everyone thinks it's fun to camp in cave to catch a rare or do their best to breed worthwhile trading fodder to get a chance at a low gen/CB prize. Looking at your posts and your scroll gives the impression that you're fairly good at catching rares (hence why you now consider them to be a good example of "too common"), but users have differing opinions and experiences. Also, unless you're restarting your scroll from scratch, I don't think you had experience catching coppers when they came out or experienced the raffles...Then you would understand the willingness to compromise rarity that many users feel.

Pardon, Robot Chimera, but not everyone thinks it's fun to camp in cave to catch a rare or do their best to breed worthwhile trading fodder to get a chance at a low gen/CB prize. Looking at your posts and your scroll gives the impression that you're fairly good at catching rares (hence why you now consider them to be a good example of "too common"), but users have differing opinions and experiences. Also, unless you're restarting your scroll from scratch, I don't think you had experience catching coppers when they came out or experienced the raffles...Then you would understand the willingness to compromise rarity that many users feel.

I was thinking exactly this. Coppers have been sheer hell for ages. And the raffles were even more hell.

Ah. OK. I was confused. So we only ever automatically get one prize? And earn the other five through events?

yea your starting to get it

what other *five*?

my version has no true limits, the only limit is how hard they are to get and not being transferable between accounts.

you get ONE prize egg for each trophy (you get to choose whether you want a tinsel or shimmer) after that your only method of getting more is to participate in holiday events.

No breed limits are required.

Pardon, Robot Chimera, but not everyone thinks it's fun to camp in cave to catch a rare or do their best to breed worthwhile trading fodder to get a chance at a low gen/CB prize. Looking at your posts and your scroll gives the impression that you're fairly good at catching rares (hence why you now consider them to be a good example of "too common"), but users have differing opinions and experiences.

I am one of those people with too much time on their hands, yes. I put effort into hunting in the cave, and in reality coppers aren't anywhere near the value of CB gold/silver. Only slightly rarer than Xenos is from what i've seen.

I never said they were common, but their 2Gs certainly are. They aren't even allowed in the rare trading thread. The fact remains that if that is how Prize dragons are, then 2G prizes will no longer have value whatsoever.

Also, unless you're restarting your scroll from scratch, I don't think you had experience catching coppers when they came out or experienced the raffles...Then you would understand the willingness to compromise rarity that many users feel.

Ah yes, because i'm "new and don't know anything", right? Sure.

I've heard about both. And I have seen firsthand the hell it is to try and get even a single CB gold or a 2G prize. Of all people, I should be the one supporting them becoming common, right?

The thing is, I appreciate the rarity. This is a game about collecting. I want a CB of every dragon barring holidays and prizes. Am I going to get that in a reasonable amount of time? Heck no i'm not. I'm going to be here for a long time. I may never get a CB gold, or a self-created lineage of Tarantula Hawks with bee memes for names, or a set of all Neglecteds, but that won't stop me from trying.

If everything is going to be easy and guaranteed to be obtained, what's the point of even trying? Why even bother playing if everything is going to be "easy for everyone to get"?

And yes, how selfish of me. How dare I think some things should remain hard to get for people!

Edited by Robot Chimera

I was thinking exactly this. Coppers have been sheer hell for ages. And the raffles were even more hell.

I haven't caught or even seen a copper for months. Anyone who thinks they're common must have the reflexes of a god.

Anyway, I would just like a way that I can earn or work toward them. Anything but a raffle. The store is the best option I see now, in my opinion, but I'm open to other options that are fair to everyone, in that everyone has a way of earning them with relative ease. I don't really care about keepimg their rare status myself though it's clear others do. I don't know why, since I feel that would just make lomg-standing issues...not worse, I guess, but it would keep them going.

And yes, how selfish of me. How dare I think some things should remain hard to get for people!

Having to work for 5-6 months or whatever hardly makes them easy to get.

So that gives a massive advantage to people who already have gold - and as silver_chan asks - how can we get shimmers AND tins ?

And you think people are so stupid they won't realise that they CAN get coppers in the cave and they can NEVER get shimmers or tins there ?

Coppers are hardly common, BTW.

you pick, you get the option of a bronze shimmer or a bronze tinsel when you get your bronze trophy (and so on)

if you pick all shimmers that's your choice, and you still can participate in events to win the other three.

And not really, they already earned their trophies just like everyone else so they already met the requirements for getting the egg, when younger users get their trophies they get their prizes just the same.

It's just giving them what they already earned.

Edited by blockEdragon

you pick, you get the option of a bronze shimmer or a bronze tinsel when you get your bronze trophy (and so on)

if you pick all shimmers that's your choice, and you still can participate in events to win the other three.

Nnd not really, they already earned their trophies just like everyone else so they already met the requirements for getting the egg, when younger users get their trophies they get their prizes just the same.

It's just giving them what they already earned.

NOT doing it would give the massive advantage to younger users, not only that but when older users first got their trophies, im sure they had a "massive advantage" in that they had three more eggslots then newbies.

I think if it gets implemented like this there should be more possible trophy levels (even if they do nothing except give you +1 prize) for a limit to get to exactly 6 - one for each type of prize. Such as getting to 1000 dragons, then 1500, ect. Still a hard goal, but possible.

But the problem is with this, people who played a LOT and have 2000 dragons would automatically get them. So it's iffy.

I think if it gets implemented like this there should be more possible trophy levels (even if they do nothing except give you +1 prize) for a limit to get to exactly 6 - one for each type of prize. Such as getting to 1000 dragons, then 1500, ect. Still a hard goal, but possible.

But the problem is with this, people who played a LOT and have 2000 dragons would automatically get them. So it's iffy.

Seems fair enough.

also what's the issue? if you already managed to collect 2000 dragons then you earned it just the same as everyone else who will earn them after you. You just already completed the requirements, and are being rewarded.

Seems fair enough.

also what's the issue? if you already managed to collect 2000 dragons then you earned it just the same as everyone else who will earn them after you. You just already completed the requirements, and are being rewarded.

True, but getting 6 CB prizes at once is a little much. Maybe have a 1-month cooldown between obtaining a prize?

True, but getting 6 CB prizes at once is a little much. Maybe have a 1-month cooldown between obtaining a prize?

Fair enough.

I am one of those people with too much time on their hands, yes. I put effort into hunting in the cave, and in reality coppers aren't anywhere near the value of CB gold/silver. Only slightly rarer than Xenos is from what i've seen.

I never said they were common, but their 2Gs certainly are. They aren't even allowed in the rare trading thread. The fact remains that if that is how Prize dragons are, then 2G prizes will no longer have value whatsoever.

Ah yes, because i'm "new and don't know anything", right? Sure.

I've heard about both. And I have seen firsthand the hell it is to try and get even a single CB gold or a 2G prize. Of all people, I should be the one supporting them becoming common, right?

The thing is, I appreciate the rarity. This is a game about collecting. I want a CB of every dragon barring holidays and prizes. Am I going to get that in a reasonable amount of time? Heck no i'm not. I'm going to be here for a long time. I may never get a CB gold, or a self-created lineage of Tarantula Hawks with bee memes for names, or a set of all Neglecteds, but that won't stop me from trying.

If everything is going to be easy and guaranteed to be obtained, what's the point of even trying? Why even bother playing if everything is going to be "easy for everyone to get"?

I never implied that you were selfish or "didn't know anything," just that by joining now, your experiences are different. Just as your play style is different.

And the rare trading thread changes what's in there. At one time, I believe 2nd gen coppers were rare. Just as prizes used to be in there until it was revamped.

Your worry about 2nd gen prizes becoming common seems a little unfounded is all.

I really hate the idea of being forced to collect dragons. Basically, you are telling me that, willingly or not, I should change my play-style and grind away to get 2000 or more dragons. No, thank you. Just find a way that respects different styles. That's not it.

Edited by SullenCat

I don't care if 2nd gen prizes no longer have value. I'm not interested in trading 2nd gen prizes- I want an opportunity to own CB prizes.

Though I will say, I have never seen a checker linage with prize dragons because they're so rare you can't even lineage build with them. That's a problem.