TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

What I dislike is the grid background . The sprites get lost in all the crossing lines. Would be much better with a PLAIN background

What skin are you using? I'm using the default scroll and there is no grid. At least I don't see a grid (I don't have the best eyes in the world but I tried to enhace the screenshot and still didn't see a grid).

http://imgur.com/mFqkB77

Well, the new dragons are gorgeous (and I caught all but the two-headed already), the updates to the sprites are all subtle but pretty in my eyes (Pillows, Bloodscales...),

the background art for the biomes and the map update are wonderful,

the re-vamped action log will save many a headache,

the added day has long since outlived its usefulness so nice to see it's gone,

yay as always for anything description related \o/,

the drake egg resizing makes total sense,

the Zombies will be a major source of headaches for us completionist (but in a good way),

but what really, really made my day yesterday (and the excitement hasn't died down yet) is the end of retired breeds for DC.

I would have never dared to hope that we'd get the Pinks back with the Frills so THANK YOU TJ AND ARTISTS <3

(Also I loved the oldskool font choice in the news post - very nostalgic)

Edit: I forgot to add my thanks for the new lineage view, overall I don't care too much about boxes vs tree but I love the name-length-line-break change that protect patterns from too long names (which I'm guilty of using)

Edited by herk

What skin are you using? I'm using the default scroll and there is no grid. At least I don't see a grid (I don't have the best eyes in the world but I tried to enhace the screenshot and still didn't see a grid).

That's what I was wondering. Edit to add: must be one of the Portal ones.

I do see the refinements in the Pillow sprites - and updated my avatar with the new male Pillow. Same avatar, just a little floofier. laugh.gif

Edited by Laura-Borealis

portal 2 light-- they were never there before( the grid lines) so why now???

can't use the default ,the scrolling action gives me a headache

just went to 1960's , that works == plain white background

(not having the different biomes is not a big thing)

And OMG, pre-Teleport trading... blink.gif I'll have nightmares tonight...

Why are you trying to give me nightmares?

*shudders*

Great work, TJ! Unfortunately, I think I found a few glitches on Mobile...

1. The Action Log incorrectly displays the name of my Shallow Water dragon after using Splash.

user posted image

2. The crossbars on the lineage pages float to the top.

user posted image

Everything is great for this event. smile.gif Except for the new and not improved view. I hate that with a passion.

However, would like to say thanks for moving this anniversary event off Memorial Day weekend. Many of us are busy then and can't be on-line.

However, would like to say thanks for moving this anniversary event off Memorial Day weekend. Many of us are busy then and can't be on-line.

Moving it? The birthday event is on the 21st every year.

Hey, Pillows were updated too! biggrin.gif

F: user posted image / user posted image

M: user posted image / user posted image

Not seeing a difference here…?

The female's got a slight hue shift, slightly higher-contrast shading, and a softer and less coarse texture to her fur. The male has more tucked and fluffy elbows and some more definition around the ears, nape, and back. They're pretty slight changes, but they do look nicer!

That was my first thought, too. laugh.gif

Male - the elbows are a touch rounder and softer.

Female - ? - except her ears are maybe a shade lighter?

That's all I can see.

It's the color of the brown on the fem, her ears and wings, etc. the male just got more defined elbows and some of the shading outline on his fluff was lightened. It's just a bit of minor work.

The female's got a slight hue shift, slightly higher-contrast shading, and a softer and less coarse texture to her fur. The male has more tucked and fluffy elbows and some more definition around the ears, nape, and back. They're pretty slight changes, but they do look nicer!

Thank you for pointing it out, I see it now biggrin.gif

OMG Frills and Bright Pinks!!! THANKS everyone that made it possible!!! user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

& various new species, they look beautiful user posted image

omggggggggg

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

This new lineage thing kills EGs?

No. They're still even, just wider spaced: http://dragcave.net/lineage/I3h9s

I love being able to reading pending descriptions, both on my scrolls and other people's! smile.gif (Nice Satsuma, Mistress Fortune. biggrin.gif )

SWEET!!!😂 I was hoping you would bring back the retired species, especially the frilled! I am eager to see their dimorphic change, and get my hands on my very own family!! Also looking forward to the new specific zombies, hope they'll be easier to catch, as well as the changes and rarities I hope you'll be doing for the Neglected ones some time in the future. Good luck, everyone, especially the designers who are putting all this together<3

Come on, hatch already! (minimum of 12 hours before I can go back to hunting for more eggs)

Finally found my one and only Bright Pink Aria Dragon on my scroll (Forgot they're now sorting under A) - and I must admit, I like the new description...Though like how the current Pinks have the throwback to the old pink (thought that pink dragons were a strictly female breed) - I like the fact that this 'new' breed also harkens to their 'disappearance':

Arias, sticking to the tropics, typically live quite far from human settlements, giving rise to the previously held belief that they had gone extinct.

Props to whomever wrote the new description for them for that!

I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE NEW SPECIES ALSO AND I FILLED UP ON WHAT I THINK ARE FRILLEDS AND PINKS AND NOW I MUST WAIT OH NUTS

Sorry, I'm spazzing with excitement. laugh.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DRAGCAVE!

Edited by Loki.Dottir

I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE NEW SPECIES ALSO AND I FILLED UP ON WHAT I THINK ARE FRILLEDS AND PINKS AND NOW I MUST WAIT OH NUTS

Sorry, I'm spazzing with excitement. laugh.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DRAGCAVE!

Assuming that link in your sig is your scroll, you're actually locked down with new eggs. :3

Loving this event so much, can get my second batch between 12-1am ❤ Just got a frill.

Oh gosh, my poor Aria egg. sad.gif its been so ill. Gotten sick three times. And it's at 4 days and 11 hours left. Guess two click sites is two many.

Edited by WaterDroplet