TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

I love all the new dragons and the return of the old! I think the new lineage view look fantastic- so much more neat than the old view- and the new biome art is beautiful. However, I think I'm part of a fairly small group when I say I'm most excited about the new Zombies! They're absolutely perfect. While I did like the old hatchlings, the adults always sort of threw me for a loop because they just didn't seem to fit with other DC dragons. Does anybody know when DC's wiki will be updated with the new sprites? I don't have many Zombies myself so I haven't gotten to see most of them, and I'd like to know what groups have their own sprites so I can start planning ahead for next Halloween.

If you go to 'currently being released' you'll see all the sprites we have so far compiled. I believe that the one labeled 'traditional drake' is actually a wingless dragon, not what happens to DC drakes when they're zombified.

There might be more zombies released as time goes on, I'd love one for all the subtypes.

Oh gosh guys you're killing me. I'm so late to the party but I have one of each of the new ones. I need to get my hands on a pink because I've been lusting after it ever since I found out it's been retired. I have a frill one from years back but I'm so glad it's been un-retired because now I can have a pair instead of just one lonely one biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

A question that must be asked, which of these dragons will be rare? huh.gif

A question that must be asked, which of these dragons will be rare? huh.gif

Absolutely no way of telling until ratios settle and the initial drop is over. The drop will probably screw things up for a month or so; give it that long at least

Absolutely no way of telling until ratios settle and the initial drop is over. The drop will probably screw things up for a month or so; give it that long at least

Gut feeling? blink.gif

Gut feeling? blink.gif

actual rarity and user-driven rarity are two different things as well. All pyrosprites for example are supposed to be the same. So, there is literally no way to tell which will hardest to get in the future.

Gut feeling? blink.gif

Well...yes and no. The birthday event last year for example, with the Spotted Drakes and Magelights--after the flood you couldn't find them /anywhere/ for a couple weeks, I remember people were quite upset. Then they came back as blockers, and now they're pretty well mixed in with the other semi-common dragons. Ratio is a tricky beast to figure out, especially so soon after a dragon has been released.

I've got one Blue Drake, one Web-Drake, one Aria / Bright Pink, one Frill, one Crystal and two Mottled Red eggs.

That's all of them right?

I was kinda hoping for new moderators in addition to the celebration, but everything here is still great! (Not too much of a fan of the new lineage view, mostly because it's new and just will take some getting used to )

Does anyone know how many new breeds there is (besides the renamed Dark Pinks that is)? I've got about five types of the eggs as of now.

Also yay for getting two dragons unretired! biggrin.gif Now I can get that ungendered Frill Hatchy and a non-inbred Dark Pink. smile.gif

Does anyone know how many new breeds there is (besides the renamed Dark Pinks that is)? I've got about five types of the eggs as of now.

Also yay for getting two dragons unretired! biggrin.gif Now I can get that ungendered Frill Hatchy and a non-inbred Dark Pink. smile.gif

4 new breeds + old pinks and frills

I love the new lineage view smile.gif

Me too! I think it's beautiful! Much better! Now really looks like a family tree! biggrin.gif

Well, I thought that I was always going to be one of those people who would never have a Zombie on their scroll because I felt bad for killing pixels, lol (and I didn't really like the old Zombie sprites). But now that I've seen the new sprites on the Wiki, I'm thinking that I'm going to have a lot of dead Dragons on my scroll come Halloween, because the new Zombies are amazing and I need a million of each of them. ohmy.gif

Someone asked if the new tree view killed evengens -

http://dragcave.net/lineage/s5csp

http://dragcave.net/lineage/mUT9o

http://dragcave.net/lineage/LEAeM

Personally, I think there's just too much space between everything - the checkerboard effect gets lost in all that wasted space.

What I dislike is the grid background . The sprites get lost in all the crossing lines. Would be much better with a PLAIN background

but I don't see TJ changing things he puts in without input, so will deal with it sad.gif

surprised that the Old pinks were re- released and happy about the Frills

so interesting to have been around when all the Hate was filling the pages and then see how things have changed during their absence laugh.gif

Well I've got one of each, so at least there's that! Guess what Cammy's gonna be bred to here pretty soon....

I hope they stick around long enough for me to pick up a few more when these guys hatch!

Finally I can complete my Frill-Spite set. Also love the new shape of the male and the Hatchie. I will miss the old Hatchie-Sprite though. It looked all Aztek-like. smile.gif

What I dislike is the grid background . The sprites get lost in all the crossing lines. Would be much better with a PLAIN background

but I don't see TJ changing things he puts in without input, so will deal with it sad.gif

Don't be too sure he won't tweak things. He did post in this thread in Suggestions and asked for input.

Oh no I missed the release by a day! D: I managed to snag two of the last three types. What biome do the two headed appear in? And are there two different types of two headed eggs or are they the same egg???

Oh my god, this is amazing! I have always wanted the retired dragons!

Happy 10th anniversary! biggrin.gif

Oh no I missed the release by a day! D: I managed to snag two of the last three types. What biome do the two headed appear in? And are there two different types of two headed eggs or are they the same egg???

It's the same egg. Just dimorphic hatchies. They're in the volcano.

It's the same egg. Just dimorphic hatchies. They're in the volcano.

They're also in the alpine. "This dense, crystalline egg seems dangerously unstable" is the description :3

That doesn't even look like enough of a difference to have even bothered. Only differences I see are a slight hue change on the brown parts of the female and the changed elbow on the male. o.O

It's enough to make me feel better, hah. I can look at them without cringing and wanting to rip my hair out now. XD

Edited by ParticleSoup