TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

I never understood the negativity that was heaped on the Frills. They are adorable little guys. I got my 2 pairs back then (when I was only collecting 2 pairs of each breed) but wasn't bothered much that my females were not CB. I later came to regret not getting female CBs and I'm so glad that now I can not only rectify that, but now I can get 4 more to bring them up to my new breed quota with the rest of my dragons.

And once again I missed the initial release.

Anyway, happy B-Day DC!

Finally my 1 Frill I got before the discon won't be alone anymore.

Got unlocked and was able to catch a frill egg. Whoo! Locked again, but lineage plans, here I come!

It may just be my eyes but did Two Headed Lindwurms get darker in color? I don't remember the Forest variant being that dark. Again I may just be crazy, its entirely possible. xd.png

Managed to get 2 of each new release except the crystal one. I really hope those won't be too much of a hassle to get more of lateron.

Edited by Lexadin

I guess everybody and their dog are egglocked xd.png because I saw a couple "strange markings" on the jungle but wanted to be sure if they were still frills, or if they were something else... so I checked the code, and it was a frill. I went back to the jungle and it was still there ohmy.gif

Yay! Got one of each of them besides the Aria, so far. :3 Happy Frills are back, as I always thought they were cute.

And just my opinion, but I think the old Bloodscale looked better. The shading on the new one is really flat. :/

Finally got my hands on a single "Crystal" egg...though I'll need to wait to get it a friend as I'm now locked. Still can't wait to see the adults on all of these (especially the blue/orange one)

I guess everybody and their dog are egglocked xd.png because I saw a couple "strange markings" on the jungle but wanted to be sure if they were still frills, or if they were something else... so I checked the code, and it was a frill. I went back to the jungle and it was still there ohmy.gif

Looks like it, since jungle isn't at 100+ people now xd.png Should make it a bit easier for those who haven't grabbed anything to grab stuff. wink.gif

I'm really glad that all of the other breeds aside from the two headed only have one sprite. I only had a chance to pick up one of each and they'll all hatch before I can pick up the second batch. So, it won't matter if I have more of one gender or not.

I never thought I'd see the day I'd be able to see my perfect little Frills again c,:

Pinks. I'm so happy right now. Even without all the other goodies having Old Pinks back has made my day.

Managed to get 2 of each new release except the crystal one. I really hope those won't be too much of a hassle to get more of lateron.

I don't know, I feel like it may be the first rare two headed.

All i can say is i am totally Frilled biggrin.gif

As for the description i see no problem, no different than looking for Ridgwings view before you click wink.gif

Also what is the most elusive of the new ones?

Edited by rrattts

I don't know, I feel like it may be the first rare two headed.

the very first rare two-headed was the green two-headed lindwurm variant, they were insanely hard to get after their release for a solid few months if not slightly longer. In my experience all of the sub-types that can't breed with the majority of dragons don't stay rare long even if they do get rare for brief periods of time. The rarest they get and stay as is uncommon, and that ain't so bad.

Edited by Mlu

What a perfect time to come back on.

I agree!

I just randomly came to see what was going on and I have to say, I am delighted. Really delighted. And excited.

While I'm glad to see old pinks make an appearance back and of course I'm always glad to see a new release, I guess I'll be "that person" and say that I'm underwhelmed at this event. 10 years a huge milestone for any pixel site and this event feels...meh?

I dunno. Maybe my mind will be changed when I see the full sprites and whatnot, but this feels less epic than I guess I wanted it to be. :|

While I'm glad to see old pinks make an appearance back and of course I'm always glad to see a new release, I guess I'll be "that person" and say that I'm underwhelmed at this event. 10 years a huge milestone for any pixel site and this event feels...meh?

I dunno. Maybe my mind will be changed when I see the full sprites and whatnot, but this feels less epic than I guess I wanted it to be. :|

You should see how many new Undead dragon sprites have been added. Even the hatchlings for each sub-type are unique smile.gif

I loved the Undeads before, they were always number 2 on my list just under the Neggies.... this update has certainly pushed them to the top spot!! Can't stop staring at them wub.gif Bumping from the previous pages though, was their breed description intentionally removed or is it just an error?

Edited by bluesonic1

There's so much new content that I won't even bother commenting on it all individually. All I can say is that I love it all! In particular, I really need to get killing for those beautiful new zombies, and the new biome art is gorgeous, convenient (because you can easily tell where you are), and makes hunting more enjoyable. On one hand I'm very excited to have so many new and returning breeds, but on the other hand I can't get a pair of each before getting egglocked! Hopefully the flood will last a good few days. All in all, a spectacular tenth birthday! Thank you!