TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Pasted from a few pages back:

Aria/Bright Pink - Jungle => "This bright egg has a warm shell."

Frill - Jungle => "This egg has strange markings on it."

Unstable Pink (2-heads) - Alpine, Volcano => "This dense, crystalline egg seems dangerously unstable."

Mottled Red - Coast, Jungle => "This mottled red egg almost glows from within."

Web Drake - Desert => "A delicate web-like pattern decorates this egg’s shell."

Blue Drake - Jungle => "A few bright markings decorate this egg’s shell."

Bumping for a new page.

I am so relieved that so many people like the background artwork. <3 Now I can relax for a little while. =)

Thank you

Yoooo the biome art is frickin' gorgeous. I love it. Thank you so much!

Yunno,  as much fun as new releases are, I think half the fun is just reading the news thread. Just read over 20 pages of this thread to get caught up. So much FUN reading everyone's reactions, it just makes me excited and gets me squeeing all over again!

Same! Everyone's so hyped and it's amazing. I've very much enjoyed my 25-page catchup.

Neglecteds already got an update several years ago. The original sprites didn't look much better than the old zombies did, but I love the 'new' ones and hope they don't change again!

<snip>

Edit: oh, wait, d'you mean body type variations? God I hope not, the three different sprites we have for the current NDs were torture enough as is X___x

Agreed on all counts. I really like the ND sprites, especially the hatchies, and don't think they need any updating. It's really not that bad getting all three forms, though tongue.gif

ParticleSoup kindly dropped a hint that there have been updates to other sprites tongue.gif I can't find what they are either though.

Pyrals were mentioned somewhere as having received a ninja edit.

Pyrals were mentioned somewhere as having received a ninja edit.

TheCompleteAnimorph mentioned color tweaks, made months ago.

I mean, isn't that the point, though? People didn't notice, and so didn't hyper-scrutinize and complain about something they wouldn't have noticed anyway. While some are noticeable, like the Bloodscales, other updates could probably occur without people noticing, like one Parti mentioned earlier.

Hmm, I get the drama avoiding aspect, but as an artist myself, I love seeing how other artists have grown & improved their skills, so I'm always keen to see and compare new sprite updates. It's the main reason we post old & new sprites on the wiki, so we can see how much the artists have grown and appreciate as their skills get even better.

Also, on a smaller less important note, I just feel like it makes the wiki look inaccurate or look like a bad source of information if we've got outdated images on there simply because people haven't noticed and no one advised of change tongue.gif

Edited by bluesonic1

I like these new breeds. Looks like there will be a pygmy, and a two headed smile.gif

Edited by LadyNightWishers

got the unstable pink as a set

a set of the arias

and a set of the web drakes

and a god coded frill of all things

gonna have to hope i can catch mottled reds and blue drakes when these hatch man

What is the frill dragon description and where can I find it?

Jungle/This egg has strange markings on it. c:

One of everything except the frills so far and two of the webbing eggs. Now locked.

I am disappointed that they didn't change the egg description on the frills, IIRC some of the drama that lead to the frills being retired in the first place was cause of the egg description.

Edited by Andygal

Waiiiit, I thought only other breds was getting sprites and the old Undead dragon sprite was still staying around? I just checked on my two Undeads and neither are the old sprites.

I do enjoy them, don't get me wrong, they look fantastic. I just wonder what is going to happen with the old ones.

Edit: Also what all else got changed? I see people mentioned other sprites got changed too?

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I like these new breeds. Looks like there will be a pygmy, and a two headed smile.gif

A two-headed is for sure, but no pygmies. The eggs for pygmies are a lot smaller than the ones in the cave currently, the size of a chicken's egg. These are obviously drakes, drakes have a new egg size to help players tell a difference between them and other dragons. smile.gif

Waiiiit, I thought only other breds was getting sprites and the old Undead dragon sprite was still staying around? I just checked on my two Undeads and neither are the old sprites.

I do enjoy them, don't get me wrong, they look fantastic. I just wonder what is going to happen with the old ones.

Edit: Also what all else got changed? I see people mentioned other sprites got changed too?

I believe the old zombie sprites are gone, to be replaced by new sprites.

As far as I know, only the bloodscales. (and of course the bright pinks arias and frills, but that's mentioned in TJ's post, I believe)

Got internet back just in time for DC's 10th birthday! And already have my quota of new eggs. Now to see what all the changes are, and check my babies.

Happy B-Day, DC!

Happy birthday, DC! Great additions all round. Thanks TJ! biggrin.gif

Yay! Happy Birthday DC!

Although I'm shocked that both Bright Pinks and Frills have been returned. It's nice, since I never was able to get them, but I wonder how others feel (that got them through lottery/catching/what-have-you-anytime-before-now).

Well, the ones that got them through lottery/holiday raffles, to be exact, got them because they chose so, not because anyone told them to take them over anything else. And my assumption on why they chose a bright pink/frill is that they've been discontinued back then and it was the only way for them to get another one, or the one and only if they had none before, just because there was no other way of obtaining them back then. So basically, there's nothing to be upset over. smile.gif

I believe the old zombie sprites are gone, to be replaced by new sprites.

As far as I know, only the bloodscales. (and of course the bright pinks arias and frills, but that's mentioned in TJ's post, I believe)

Didn't really change much did they? Looks like they simply got a update. biggrin.gif Still look cool. :3

Well, the ones that got them through lottery/holiday raffles, to be exact, got them because they chose so, not because anyone told them to take them over anything else. And my assumption on why they chose a bright pink/frill is that they've been discontinued back then and it was the only way for them to get another one, or the one and only if they had none before, just because there was no other way of obtaining them back then. So basically, there's nothing to be upset over. smile.gif

That is true. I know of one raffle owner that asked - and got - a CB Gold.

Rarity is not valued by all people, some people just like certain breeds

I really like the male frills and the new zombie sprites,

the only thing don't like (and its a very minor thing) is the glided bloodscale update, they used to be darker and sharper looking

now they are so smooth and rounder almost cartoony ina small way

but then again i like dark colors and sharper looking things so its a preference

more then a fair trade though, thats how i see it

Edited by blockEdragon

I swear the Male pillows got an update. I never noticed their ear extensions until now - and their fluffiness)

You're onto something

ETA: oh good:>

Edited by ParticleSoup

You're onto something

It says pillows were updated on the wiki. It also lists Neos and Pyralspites and I love what it says right next to them. "unknown if this was updated during this event, or much earlier and only noticed now"

The female Neo's head looks different to me.

Edited by WaterDroplet

But I seem to recall that the big problem was actually with not with the Frills but with the same description being used for 4 different dragons - the Frills, the Ochredrake, the Horse dragon and the Skywing - all sharing all the same description and all being together in the old single Cave?

We could never hunt for any of these dragons without likely being locked with one of several wrong ones... that was certainly what bothered me and those I recall speaking with about it, and there were lots saying the same, quite volubly.

I mentioned this. Frills bore the brunt of the complaints because 1) it was during and after the horse release, and 2) the other dragons with the same description were Dove dragons that people didn't mind keeping. The AP was constantly blocked with them, with not a single skywing or ochredrake egg in sight, and the supply of dragonhorse eggs didn't catch up with demand for some time as a result of the constant blocks.

So being the only one that people specifically did not want, and also as an effect of that myth that they were "good rare breeders" (eg. mass breeding frills to rares to take advantage of what people mistakenly believed was an increased chance of rare eggs, and occasionally to deliberately block the AP with eggs they knew no one would pick up to ensure that a trade could go through without being sniped), it all led to a glut of frill eggs that far exceeded demand, people complained that there were so many unwanted eggs, decided there had to be a specific reason no one wanted them aside from circumstance, and the rest is history.

Edited by Lythiaren

I noticed people pointing out the updated sprites on other breeds. Personally, I like the new Bloodscales, once I could actually see the differences. The wings always looked a bit off to me on the female - I always had this impression I was looking at the outside of the wing rather than the inside, and I like the longer whiskers on the male.

The neos, I think they happened a while ago, because about two weeks ago I was on a naming spree, and I noticed the female Neos looked darker than I remembered, but didn't say anything because I thought it was just me

Edited by CharonDusk

Happy B-Day DC !!!

Love everything so far.

Soo many new things to collect biggrin.gif

As for the sprite updates: I did notice the bloodscales because there is an obvious difference there.

The pillows I only noticed after reading about it and then putting the new and old sprites next to each other. The differences are really subtle:

user posted image