TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Somehow I managed to snag two more blue drakes while hunting for Frills last night. Now I'm trying to trade for a mottled. But this is so much fun! If I keep the Frills I'll have to remember to influence, because it turns out I only have one female from way back when. Plenty of males though.

I'm loving the new way-too-long action log. It doesn't go back to when I first started, but it's interesting to look and see what was going on a year ago, two years ago. I'm trying to find that gap in my history, when I stopped playing for like eight months.

Whoo! Unlocked now so it's time to hunt for some Crystalline two-headeds since I missed those in my first batch, and it finally dawned on me what they remind me of! Twinrova, the final boss of the Spirit Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Anyone have baby Frills yet?

Yep! I'd forgotten how cute Frill babies are! :3

Whoohoo! Most of my eggs hatched, so I went and caught that second 'web-like pattern' egg, two Arias and two Frills. I'm sated. :-)

Frill x Antarean looks so niiiice.

Also, I now have at least 2 of each breed- except for CB Frills that aren't from 2009. I have a bred hatchling on my scroll though, 2G PB.

Edit: Typo, I'm tired.

Edited by Kiryu

Ugh... these were so hardcore to collect, more than 110 people thirsting for eggs at single page I saw for the first time ever. All biomes having eggs for 25 seconds max., that was really hard and for having big luck.

Every release it gets harder and harder to get new eggs. wacko.gif

Wow, you think this was a really hard-to-grab Release? Personally I had very little trouble grabbing new eggs on Release day and again today (wellll, except for the damned misclick - but that wasn't difficult either rolleyes.gif ).

I'm really glad to see the sweet old-fashioned Pinks again as well as the Frills! As for the Drakes and 2hedd - for Scroll only I guess, I've always been sort of mehhh about things that can only breed within a narrow set. I'm lovin' most of the BD stuff except all that dead-air space around the new Lineage view.

I think this is... very optimistic, lol. =p

yea its werid for me but i follow the fruits in a vegetable truck logic

Ugh... these were so hardcore to collect, more than 110 people thirsting for eggs at single page I saw for the first time ever. All biomes having eggs for 25 seconds max., that was really hard and for having big luck.

Every release it gets harder and harder to get new eggs. wacko.gif

But having those two oldies back, that is blessing. Thanks.

Pfft, that's nothing. I once saw over 230 people in one biome at once. I forget which release it was for, but it was pretty wild.

I just caught two more Frills (still can't believe I'm actually saying that) and another Bright Pink. biggrin.gif Still no luck with the crystalines, but if I can't find it in the cave I can always trade for one later.

Whoo! Unlocked now so it's time to hunt for some Crystalline two-headeds since I missed those in my first batch, and it finally dawned on me what they remind me of! Twinrova, the final boss of the Spirit Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Omg yes! They really do! I fricking love that game too! <3

Ya know, i think i've already gotten accustomed to the new lineage view : D it is definitely an improvement! It even motivates me to collect more messy dragons from now on laugh.gif and definitely love that long names became "shorter" now ! http://dragcave.net/lineage/w3GZn this one had huuuge names at gen 1. Such an improvement !! thought i guess people who have lineages with long named lyric dragons might have complaints? O: i hope not! but i can see how those could be less convenient to read now and would need some new workarounds

Ya know, i think i've already gotten accustomed to the new lineage view : D it is definitely an improvement! It even motivates me to collect more messy dragons from now on laugh.gif and definitely love that long names became "shorter" now ! http://dragcave.net/lineage/w3GZn this one had huuuge names at gen 1. Such an improvement !! thought i guess people who have lineages with long named lyric dragons might have complaints? O: i hope not! but i can see how those could be less convenient to read now and would need some new workarounds

I must agree. Due to the lineage groups I'm part of, I have a lot of dragons with long names (or I will, if I ever get around to naming all of them) and something like this is much neater-looking now.

I have silly question please. Are the pinks and frills here to stay or is it just for a short time?

I have silly question please. Are the pinks and frills here to stay or is it just for a short time?

They are here to stay. no worries.

Well, that last Crystaline drop lasted all of three seconds. blink.gif

Ohmygoodness, I can not wait for mine to hatch!!

Just caught another Aria, I couldn't leave it there with that awesome code.

Edited by WaterDroplet

It's amazing just how good it feels to see all those bright pink and frill eggs in the fan sites.

i do kind of miss the old pink hatchling sprite that used to be on my scroll.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT I DONT LIKE THIS ONE smile.gif

i do, its awesome.

i just thought the old pink hatchling was kinda cute and i didnt realize it but i had become a bit attached to those little pixels. haha

oh well, c'est la vie

Whoooo!!! Just caught me a Crystalline! I wasn't expecting to grab it since it was the last egg in the biome, but I did it. happy.gif *does little happy dance* Now I've got at least one of each dragon released for the B-day event.

TJ, you the artists and the mods have been so awesome these past 10 years. Here's to 10 more! *raises glass*

Thank you guys!

I can't believe I wasn't paying attention for such a major update! Oh well. I love the new map design!!

Happy 10th!

I'm loving the new updates and the chance for new breeds!

Awesome stuff, I can't wait to see the adults. These drakes look like the adult sprites will be aaaawesome, I'm hoping awesome enough to get me into some drake projects.

I have a pair of everything except the two headeds, but I'm not worried about them.

I just managed to catch my second crystalline egg and have influenced both of them. smile.gif If these eggs are still dropping tomorrow I should be able to get a pair of each release dragon, and one pair of re-release dragons.

Nothing happening in Alpine at all, didn't see any eggs?

Nothing happening in Alpine at all, didn't see any eggs?

The two-headeds are still dropping there, they just get snapped up in the blink of an eye. Same in the Volcano. idk if they're dropping less than the others or if they're just more popular.