TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

I think when I unlock, I'll pick up more of the mottled ones and more of the teal/gold drakes. I like those.

I can't wait for these little guys to grow up so we can see what they look like! smile.gif

Are frills and Pink here to stay?

Normally new releases are permanent unless otherwise stated (for example, holidays) so yes, I do believe they are staying. c:

I'm going to post some concept information about the 'mottleds' Tuesday morning, probably at around 7:10 AM EDT, if I remember. If not, it'll be posted some time later that day c:

I'm going to post some concept information about the 'mottleds' Tuesday morning, probably at around 7:10 AM EDT, if I remember. If not, it'll be posted some time later that day c:

I hope the other artists do so as well C;

Are TJ's dragons grown yet?

You can see his dragons at the bottom of the first post. They're still s2 hatchlings. They won't grow up for at least another 30-31 hours.

Just curious, but will we have a lore explanation on why offspring from Arias turned into pink dragons? I am just curious since they are a separate breed now.

Oh, do I have a rumor to spread to you guys...

user posted image

It's got 3 sprites now, which can mean a few different things:

1. One of the sprites is for the old dragons

2. The male has an alt with a bigger tail frill

3. This thing can be ungendered

4. This thing is coming back with a BSA that's going to let you change the sprite so that the frills are down

Edited by heytheregirl

It's got 3 sprites now, which can mean 3 different things:

it has the old sprite.

Proof: user posted image

Edited by DragonLady86

[image]

It's got 3 sprites now, which can mean a few different things:

4. This thing is coming back with a BSA that's going to let you change the sprite so that the frills are down

Perhaps TJ simply forgot to remove the old sprite from the encyclopedia page? An alt or BSA doesn't really make sense since he normally totally removes outdated sprites, and there's no reason for it to be capable of being ungendered. I don't think the old sprite was intentionally left either, since other encyclopedia pages for other dragons who have had their sprites replaced don't show them. I'm chalking it up to a mistake.

It might be a mistake that the old sprite shows, but for now it's there. It is NOT an alt or an ungendered. No need for wild rumors. Pic in my above post.

Perhaps a stupid question but are all dragons that are released permanent?

Yes, unless otherwise specified ie: holiday dragons are only for that day.

Heh, more reasons I'm glad I'm so determined to fill my Encyclopedia spots as soon as I can. Though for the people who aren't as obsessed as some of us, I hope TJ fills those sprites automatically. It would be kind of mean if people could never finish the encyclopedia.

Thank you very much for answering @DragonLady86. smile.gif

I could caught one reddish egg from coast so I have later the chance to get another. At the moment I am egglogged. xd.png

Bye the way, the new backgrounds frome the biomes are very pretty! I like them. smile.gif

Edited by Laurelin

Are Terraes considered "traditional drakes"? I have a Terrae Zombie and he has the wingless Zombie sprite. Doesn't make much sense considering he's a male and male Terraes have wings...

Are Terraes considered wingless? I have a Terrae Zombie and he has the wingless Zombie sprite. Doesn't make much sense considering he's a male and male Terraes have wings...

Yes, which you can see in the encyclopedia. I'm not sure that TJ can give one dragon type two different classifications.

Yaaay update. Happy 10th, DC!!

I can't wait to see what the new dragons will look like, I just love the colors of the "crystalline" egg and the hatchies.

Did the Zombie hatchies get variations too? I just noticed that my Zombie Vine hatchie is wingless despite being S2.