TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Aaaaah, I have a Frill egg! Oh my gosh, this is... probably more exciting than it has any right to be, haha. But I'm happy! Thank you for bringing them back, TJ and spriters!

I remember when the Frills and Pinks were retired, and while I'm glad to get my hands on a bright pink at last (I'd not long started and missed my chance to grab one) I'm very happy to see the Frills back again. Even if I have them on my scroll from before they were retired, I'm so so happy to see them return. They've always been one of my favourite dragons.

Happy 10th birthday dragon cave! It took looking back to realise I've been playing this pixilated dragon game for 7 years, hah.

Zohmygoodness, thank you for the retro dragons, new dragons, and happy happy birthday!

First reaction: Speecless stuttering. O.o *hugging everyone who made it possible to have Frills and Old Pinks back*

And new drakes! wub.gif

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

Ten more hours! Why does it seem to be taking forever for my eggs to hatch? laugh.gif I can't wait for the chance to grab more of them all! Being egg-locked really bites! I was so hoping for that extra 8th egg slot for a birthday present. sad.gif Of course I'd still be egg-locked but at least I could have grabbed a pair of each of the new ones.

I love the cracking sequence on the crystalline egg. I missed that with TJ's eggs.

I'm really loving the new lineages. They feel so tidy to me. And the drake eggs! <3

And every egg in the AP is incuhatchable. I love it! smile.gif

Edited by WaterDroplet

Agreed, one of these days there should be an 8th egg slot available...not that I'm complaining. I'm just worried I'll miss my chance to grab an old pink before my other eggs hatch! smile.gif

It's probably already been asked, and I'm not trying to start trouble, but how are previous lineage projects going to be impacted due to the re-release of the Bright Pinks (Arias)? I didn't get far with mine, but I did originally have a BP x Gold Foundation lineage started.

I'm totally OK, no matter what, because I honestly always loved the BPs and Frills, and no project is bigger than my joy in seeing them returned biggrin.gif

Still would like to know, Pinks still going to come from Arias, or will they breed true..?

Hey, Pillows were updated too! biggrin.gif

F: user posted image / user posted image

M: user posted image / user posted image

Edited by Niyaka

The encylopedia is updated with the zombie sprite, but not bright pinks. I guess whatever you had viewed for old bright pinks is all you get, and arias aren't in it? I'm stuck at 5 old pinks, not enough to unlock a whole lot.

Still would like to know, Pinks still going to come from Arias, or will they breed true..?

Nobody knows, but it is assumed they are separate breeds.

DRAKES! =D

Wasn't able to catch eggs yesterday, as I have been on tour all day and internet was... mostly not even there. Now I have been able to catch at least one of each new breed plus an Aria. Accidently caugth a Striped egg though, and now I am locked. Seems like it will take some time until I get some CB Frills.

Love the nuw lineage layout. And the biome backgrounds.

It seems it is part of the mystique to keep us guessing. wink.gif

But I did notice that the Arias on my scroll from before are now sporting a totally different breed description. So it seems they are being distanced from their past?

I just came on the site after being off a few days...wow! The awesomeness of all this news cannot be understated-- you all rock! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DRAGON CAVE!!!

And yay! Ottowa and Little Frillbert can finally get dates! Old Pinks and Frills-- woot! biggrin.gif

So far anyone who has bred arias have only produced arias. We don't know yet if pinks are completely removed as an aria offsring option, but there is no reason to believe a breed will produce a completely different breed. Very likely pinks from arias is much alright history

TTATT I have to choose? Can I have an expanded egg carrying limit for this beautiful drop. I don't think I can take not collecting all these beauties.

TTATT I have to choose? Can I have an expanded egg carrying limit for this beautiful drop. I don't think I can take not collecting all these beauties.

Me too lmao I dropped three of my hoard eggs to get one of each of these

Hey, Pillows were updated too! biggrin.gif

F: user posted image / user posted image

M: user posted image / user posted image

That doesn't even look like enough of a difference to have even bothered. Only differences I see are a slight hue change on the brown parts of the female and the changed elbow on the male. o.O

that aside, I think the only thing I don't like in this update is the lineage trees. They just make the lineages not look as pretty anymore with the extra spacing between the boxes...

So far anyone who has bred arias have only produced arias. We don't know yet if pinks are completely removed as an aria offsring option, but there is no reason to believe a breed will produce a completely different breed. Very likely pinks from arias is much alright history

I'm really happy I have a Pink from Aria, then, haha. It's a fun way to preserve the complicated history of these two breeds!

I love all the new dragons and the return of the old! I think the new lineage view look fantastic- so much more neat than the old view- and the new biome art is beautiful. However, I think I'm part of a fairly small group when I say I'm most excited about the new Zombies! They're absolutely perfect. While I did like the old hatchlings, the adults always sort of threw me for a loop because they just didn't seem to fit with other DC dragons. Does anybody know when DC's wiki will be updated with the new sprites? I don't have many Zombies myself so I haven't gotten to see most of them, and I'd like to know what groups have their own sprites so I can start planning ahead for next Halloween.

EDIT: Ahh, thank you cbussiere and silver_chan. I see I've got a lot of Zombies to make in the next few years!

Edited by Sylph264

I've got one of each, and two of the two-headeds because they seem a bit rarer. I can't wait for everyone to hatch, I wish I logged on yesterday but this will have to do!

Edit: Sylph, on the current release page on the wiki it shows all of the sprites, and which group they correspond to.

Edited by cbussiere