Natayah

Player Activities & Events

@Natayah - I just tried to be sure, and the poll will only let you pick one option.

Ok All - My Sincerest apologies that I did not set the poll originally to multiple choice as I thought I had. I *DID* Select it this time, so if for some reason it is **NOT** Working please pick your Mostest favoritest and I'll ask a MOD about it to make sure it isn't because I have too many answers or whatnot. I can only see the back end of the Poll, not the Front.... So someone let me know, and for those who already entered, please do it again! And if you have "others" and it will just *NOT* allow Multiple Choice despite me picking it, please please feel free to rank some or just post some of the "others" you prefer, even if they are all even.

Sorry if anyone is annoyed I had to reset the Poll and now see that there are some different answers. I tried to clear up some things and not duplicate others, I know some of them may seem that way, but when in conflict over it, just pick whatever seems "most in line with your most favorite activity, and feel free to post here to let me know."

Now I'm gonna go grab some nuts (cashews....) and take a quick breather.

**UPDATE: Thanks for whoever voted first and picked multiple options - It seems to be working fine, I love this new forum, I just still need to adjust on a few things!!! I appreciate you as now I can know its working and get back to the actual business of this thread!! - But please feel free to still post if you fee inspired to - Mmmm Chocolate and Cashews,**

Edited by Natayah

I voted for a few things in the poll that were my absolute favorites, but there were still a lot of others that I sometimes enjoy.

I'm not sure if the poll recorded my votes correctly, though. I am sure I marked the one about Mentoring (since I mod the Mentoring Project) but it doesn't look like it has any votes right now. But then I get confused looking at the bars and trying to figure out if they match up to the number of choices we were offered in the poll. :wacko: Something doesn't look quite right somehow.

One thing that I enjoy doing is giving away nice eggs (mostly ones I have bred, but sometimes CB or AP eggs) through a link in my signature -- sorry there is nothing there right now, but keep watching! :lol:

The poll seems to think I have voted already even though I haven't - it only shows me the results and I can't choose anything. I know I voted on the old poll from last year so it seems it didn't truly reset. The poll also says "211 members have voted" but the results page definitely doesn't have that many votes. Nat, you might need a mod to close the current one so you can create a totally fresh poll. :)

To answer a few of thread questions:

1. What was something you were especially Proud of that you did in 2017?

First thing that comes to mind is the Omen egg I grabbed from the AP and gifted to a user who had none because they missed the Halloween drop.

2. What were/are some of your favorite Player Run Events and Activities?

While I miss Clya's raffles, I'm really enjoying Glittering Gold Giveaways (run by The Dragonness) and Alternate Lives Raffles (run by Rosastrasza). I've donated many of my favorite lineages and won countless beautiful things - including eggs I probably would never have gotten outside the raffles. Other player run threads I like are Neglected Gifting by sharlykng, and older gifting threads like SROGG and Happy Birthday Gifting. I joined the Secret Santa event for the first time this year as well!

3. How did you enjoy our Holiday Blitz and what were some special moments that 1. Caught you by surprise (like stacking up on some of those sweet CBs) and 2. Were some of your favorite moments if you want to share when another player, group or event did something that either brought you joy, an unexpected surprise, or other things?

I love the Holiday Blitz on DC! I wasn't expecting CB rereleases so that was a surprise on Halloween. I didn't need anymore Halloween CBs so I did not hunt in the new biome... but ended up finding two CB Pumpkins in the AP and decided a second pair (in addition to my original 2009 pair) wouldn't hurt. :) I also managed to catch a second CB Yulebuck and two CB Hollies during the Christmas rerelease, it's still mind-blowing that I can make my own Holly checkers now! If Valentines follows the trend I hope to catch a second CB Val 09, it's the only valentine I couldn't catch two of back in the day.

For favorite holiday moments of 2017... two users gifted me holiday babies they had found in the AP and knew I would enjoy, both times it really made my day. Witch Jacker and Siaku Thuwed are pleasant reminders of how generous this community can be. ^_^

Ok, so I was last here around the holidays and a bit after. I've made sure to pop in for the various fun (I got lots of the Old CB Halloweens but somehow missed the 24 hour Omen drop, which is totally ok, I only had 1 SW I got my first year due to not understanding "Cave hunting" vs "AP" and I got to finally get me some more CB SW's, so I was OVERJOYED and I'll do that with some Omen Wyrms or whatnot next year.

I want to send out some feelers to the universe - Would it be helpful to have various Player Events, Groups, Helpful Information/People, the ability to advertise, cooperate, learn about stuff and keep up on all the activities as not to miss out, as well as reminders of places to donate and participate and to encourage others to do the same - Do we have an interest in starting this back up? If we do, anything you'd like to see done a bit differently? Would a "Calendar" of some kind, for example, A Google Calendar - be of any help? Would a list of People who love to take Breeding Requests for Free Gifts and are open (also many who really enjoy and wish they could get more requests) to Gift Dragons, a list of their names and links to their.... whatever info? Another project? Or just stick to the straight up general listings and updates?

Anything that should be split off into its own? Are Questions for Discussion and Sharing and Learning and often meeting new people or knowing them more helpful, or not really?

What would you like to see if I am able to get a volunteer or two to help me keep up on this, and if we start with the basics, what are the most essential basics and if you want to see it grow, what would you like to see added and/or not added? Or where do you see it going on how things may or may not have changed over the past 6 months or so?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback, and thank you for those who have always been so supportive. I hope we can give that back again, and the easiest way to probably "relearn" the Forums is to search them and re-update my major issues of focus, their links, remove outdated, and see what else has grown up under the Player Activity, Fun and Events over the past few months. Especially as we are into summer and while many people go on vacation and/or leave Uni, a lot of people have the summer off and like to kick back and chill in a nice cool place with A/C and pick up an easy computer fun that isn't too much hassle and seems to remain pretty upbeat and positive. Especially in THIS GROUP (like everyone involved in this in any sort of way), and I'd like to honor that and give back.

Also - What have YOU been up to while I was away? Maybe another round of introductions, just a little short and sweet. I"ll give you a summary in another post, but not gonna double post or make this any longer than it already is!

Hello! I'm glad to see you back and getting this moving. A calendar would be lovely or at least a designated post with current events. I would also be willing to donate/help with giveaways. 

I haven't been up to much while you've been away. Just the usual collecting and breeding. I've also been behind on naming, so I am trying to get caught up on that as well. 

Here are my two still-active events that I do:

Great May Birthday Breeding

Holidaykin Mass Breed (Starting back up in September 2018)

Congrats on your tinsel, btw!

Muahahaha! I am so glad to be back. I wanted to point out some of the phases of game play in four different phases, however, I would appreciate no matter where you fall, that you consider following and contributing here with information and advertising or just dropping by with a friendly note! Also, if nothing else, you can let people know you like to gift and breed so they can possibly look for a contact, and keep you updated on old and ongoing and new things happening on these forums or on sites or platforms both ON and OFF the site! If you have been in this game for any amount of time, we usually fall into 4 Player Types:

1. Brand New Newbs still on their learning curve - We love our newcomers, or even returning players, and sometimes we all have to start over somewhere. There are a lot of great gifting threads out there, and a lot of great people who want to help you build up your scroll, answer your questions, help you get your footing and find fun and friends. This is one of those Threads in that if you follow it, you will always have a great resource to point you to almost anything you are looking for and when fun events are coming up! Follow this Thread and Come Introduce yourself!

2. Building that Scroll Up: You've been here a bit, and your scroll is starting to grow, and you have refined your play style, and some things are a lot of fun, but other things can be really frustrating. You can't seem to get or find certain dragons, and you now have "too many" to get help from some gifting groups, and certain dragons or lineages seem like an imaginary dream or something you can only hope to find. But you are also learning there are some really cool people out there (you may be scared to talk to them, but maybe send a PM just to say Hello and thank them for something or send a Breeding Request if their Sig or Profile says they take them, especially for free! They really mean it and want to help!) There are a lot of threads out there who really love to help players who have gotten their footing but are still chasing after some of the "better" dragons be them particular breeds, particular lineages, and you all are some of the most fun to meet! We'd love to meet you and show you some of our secrets, or just share some cool things and fun things and tricks we know that make things easier, from dragons to trading to having fun and meeting and talking to people in the community! And if it seems frustrating that you cannot gift as much as you want, we'll help you get those dragons so you can gift them too. And some advice, sometimes catching eggs and hatching them make some of the best gifts and donations! Consider following our thread as this is a great resource where you don't have to bookmark anything, and when those raffles and events suddenly pop up with some really nice dragons and a chance to win them with little to no work, they are going to be the thing to best help you get those dragons (as well as all the threads listed!)

3. Been Around, Pretty Awesome, but still a few Elusive Goals - You've got the thread not only 500 dragons, you are probably well over 1000! You have ways you like to play, and some of you have met a lot of cool people, but maybe still want to meet more, especially if certain ones seem really closed off other than to a few very old time friends. Some of you like to Breed and Gift and post on the forums and try to help others and it can be frustrating to find places and people to assist who appreciate the time and/or the gifts of the offspring of all those amazing lineages you spent all this time creating and collecting and trading and you sometimes wonder what is the point, maybe you should retire.... and some things are awesome and some things either you have no interest or wish they would improve and darnit why won't they listen?!?!?! No one likes to be taken for granted, and you've been around long enough you have some really awesome ideas or activities you do. You are Awesome. But you still like the game enough. And, honestly, you are the reason these various threads get created and manage to help so many and make the game so much fun. You donate all sorts of fun things, and you sometimes also win really fun things too. But those final few elusive things - you don't know how you are ever going to get them unless you randomly win them in some sort of oddball raffle or get exceedingly lucky one day. You know you've got a lot of great things and would make many people envy your position, but why can't you just get that last... We want you to follow here so we can show you all the awesome places to donate, to gift, to help and encourage, help you meet more really awesome people who also appreciate and like YOU for all the awesome you are and do, and we hope you stay involved and in touch, even if it isn't every single day! And we hope you follow this thread to learn where you can not only share all your lovely gems with people who really appreciate them (as I know some of you don't like random AP drops as you don't want people to abuse your babies!!) AND also keep you involved with the community and bring a smile to your face! There are so many places that only exist because of the kindness and involvement of YOU and people LIKE YOU and we want to say THANK YOU - and hope that you will join with us in not only being here and sharing (gifts and words and encouragement), but so we can also give YOU a reason to enjoy the game and stay involved, and if one day you decide you need to move on or really cut back, just know that WE will miss you and are always ready to welcome you back!

4. Too Old, but you Still Care - Dragons are mostly meaningless at this point, or maybe some are or are not, but you have almost everything you've ever wanted, or if you do want something, you do it and have fun and can accomplish your goals. Fortune may have fallen into your lap and handed you a skill and/or dragon type that makes trading for things you may still want or like a LOT easier, and some people might be envious and some people might love you and sometimes you just don't care and may be more withdrawn and try to figure out why you still do this. Or maybe you have found your reason, and hopefully part of that is the happiness, joy, or other positive feeling you get from making someone's day, or maybe you also just are still here because of some of the friends you've made and still enjoy interacting with them. Whatever the reason, thank you for all the years of things you did, and thank you for hanging on long enough to still be involved and being one of those people that newer and middling players shake their heads with either envy, appreciation, or something else and just wonder how they are ever going to get to that point. I hope you are still willing to follow the thread, toss some donations and gifts around, and still be willing to interact with at least some of us, if not all of us. We appreciate if you follow and check in so you know where others might need you. There are certain things you may still be really involved with via Projects or via your own personal goals and some of you even have, not only 5K dragons.... but almost or more than 10K dragons?? How is that even Possible! We need people like you to hang around and keep updated on what is going no and consider a helping hand or kindly donation or spending time with us and when you get to the point where you aren't sure why exactly it is you are still here - we hope it is partially because of the community and this thread is a good way to keep an eye on that!

Where do you think you fit in, any I've missed? I hope we can get some followers back here, I want to get some raffles and events and activities rolling again, and get people involved. I didn't realize just how many activities had changed, gone inactive, but new ones popped up, but I can at least comb the forums on my own and if any of you are willing to pop in and post, please share that we are back and encourage others to post and/or participate one way or another, no matter where they fall on their activity, scroll goals, or future ambitions!

Edited by Natayah

Between 3 and 4 maybe. Too lazy to be awesome, and my dragons aren't meaningless, but with >8400 dragons, I certainly have plenty of creatures to work with :lol:

More 3 than 4, I'd say, though I have no particular scroll goals. It would be cool to win the raffle at least once. Plus CPA keeps me active on the forums! XD

CPA is an Awesome Group that deserves some love and I probably should get that highlighted. I mean - The entire Forum section of Forum Games is a place to have a lot of random fun, especially when someone is just needing to spend some time entertaining themselves and want something easy or have some downtime, and then they begin to discover all the awesome ongoing games like Bingo, groups like CPA, and other things. Of the Forum Games (which I know a few Raffle/Lotto/Giveaways in the past have been stuck under there vs. Trading, either area can do it, but I know sometimes Forum Games has a lot more "freedom" attached), are there any other games that should be particularly highlighted, other than mentioning the fact the Bingo is awesome but I cannot link to a specific thread as they re-create a lot of threads as different people host.

Also, Raffles: Do we have any of those that are active, or want to be more active, that if a bunch of us got together and gave you support and donations and promotion that someone would be willing to take a stab at one, revamp an older one, or possibly a team to do one or an ongoing? These are a ton of fun and are really one of the coolest things that draw people, however, I know they can be a lot of work too.

I'm going thru the trading section and seeing what is still active, but if you have a group (Trading, Breeding, wherever) that may have fallen a bit lower in the activity rankings and are getting less notice because of it and want a bump/boost, let us know and we'll make that happen!

If you're trying open to helping people set up raffles, I was thinking of starting a raffle dedicated to fixing the ratios.

Essentially, the problem is that the ratios create a vicious cycle where blockers are left in the cave, while rares, unable to be caught in the wild, are exhaustively bred in order to have any chance at all of getting more of them. This further skews the ratios, meaning more blockers rot in the cave and fewer and fewer cb rares are dropped.

While efforts have been made to address this, namely the cave plumbers, lovely commons, and the common collection competition, their fatal flaw is that they kneecap any individuals ability fix the cave ratios by requiring that they rear the dragon themselves.

It is fundamentally impossible for individual scrolls rearing dragons to address the problems of ratios, even if they try to cooperate. The sad fact is that they just do not have the reach to affect a systemic problem on the scale of the ratios, caused by the aggregate actions of every member of dragoncave. 

My solution is to create a raffle whose sole purpose is to add as many blockers as possible into the caves population. Every blocker bred by named parents with nice lineages counts as a ticket. At the end of every month, dragons are tallied and winners are drawn. 

This encourages people to repeatedly develop and breed whatever armies they have, as well as increase the number of nicely lineage dragons in the ap. Furthermore, since every dragon that is bred is a step towards fixing the ratios, everyone has an incentive to participate. 

I don't know exactly how feasible this is, because I don't know how many people will participate and how easy it would be to verify resulta, but I think it's one of the best ways to handle the out of control ratios.

Yes, these are usually referred to as "Targeted Mass Breed" Raffles, and are actually really helpful and useful and a lot of fun. Started by Vhale, who retired and Amazon has been doing some & mentioned potentially starting up again, so I'd be excited to see more of them, and help contribute to them, and I've see other Prize owners mention that, so if you decide to, or are looking possibly to help out with one and then do another on your own to learn or get your feet wet first, I'd possibly start with Talking to Amazon, or you can look over some of Vhale's prior history on her closed thread.

They are a ton of fun, and I am happy to help promote, just let us know if there is anything you would like us to do to help out! Or if you want to run thru some discussion here, I like public dialogues and people sharing their experiences because they do help others. So if you are thinking about doing stuff on your own, or want to help out, just let us know what experiences, hacks, best practices or whatever you'd like to know about and we'll gladly share and talk and get people excited and motivated and encouraged - but more than just words, also supported with donations, activity, encouragement, promotion and whatever else is needed to help not only make it successful but enjoyable for everyone involved!

Edited by Natayah

Thank you! Looking over the previous raffles was pretty interesting, and it's heartening to hear that this kind of idea has happened before and had a good response. I've got some fleshing out to do before I could commit to the raffle, but I've got some good ideas. I'd be most interested in doing month long chunks, and doing one every month like common collectors competition. After all, the ratios are being perpetually pushed out of whack by campers and breeders 😂 Groups especially open some interesting possibilities for counting dragons, and I think that I'd want to give a shot at counting individual dragons rather than groups of 20 like vhales and amazons raffles.

As for help when (if) i get this off the ground, that would be a lot of help for getting people interested in doing this. Having valuable prizes to give out would motivate a lot of people to transmute their dragons and grow their hoards, I think. How are raffles with multiple prizes usually handled? First come, first serve, or tickets drawn for individual prizes?

8 hours ago, Jack_Indivisible said:

How are raffles with multiple prizes usually handled? First come, first serve, or tickets drawn for individual prizes?

I think what I have usually seen is tickets drawn for individual prizes, which seems to me a fairer way to do it.

Hey I've been meaning to post here, but don't usually have a lot of time.

I enjoy things that I can do without having to type much, as I'm usually on the phone. I love secret santa and was so happy it returned this year.

I think I'm a solid category 3 player. My only real frustration is the prizes, and I don't have a neglected.... but I have managed to collect a lot of cool stuff and I do like to gift and share- but I don't have a lot of time usually.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and wave at the 'oldies' I see here who like me have been around a while. I know I don't post much.

I guess I'm another that falls between 3 and 4. I have an awesome collection of nearly 9000 dragons, but few of any real value, except to me. ;)  I have met most of my basic scroll goals -- still looking for a few more Zyus and of course the elusive CB Golds (the 2 I have were gifts from awesome forum members!) I am still interested in breeding lineages and collecting more Splits! I love the forum and have made many friends here -- some of whom have regrettably moved on. I love giving gifts to people and helping new players. I have mentored a lot of new players over the years and one of them has become a very good friend. I have participated in a lot of player activities and am always interested in trying something new. 

Heyyy, @Natayah, welcome back! 

I haven't been as interested in new releases as I once was, just because - well, there are so many of them! I'm probably a 3.5 on your scale, I'd say, because I certainly still have goals, but they're all lineages to continue. I have "enough" of all the CB rares at this point, although I would probably not turn down extra metals :P, and I don't even want a Neglected. I go through periods where I just can't muster the enthusiasm. I've been spending time on the Birthday Gifting thread lately. I like that - it lets me have fun hunting, and it's very satisfying to make someone happy with something specific that's so easy for me to breed. 

I'd love a list of people who specifically want to breed and gift, who requesters can contact, SROGG-style - I've had bad experiences with both Breeding, Gifting and The Giving Tree. Multiple times I've offered an egg to a requester and gotten no response, or the lists hadn't been updated. It's not as much fun to leave something at the Community Notice Board as it used to be; I don't know if people have gotten pickier or the thread doesn't get as much traffic as it once did, but it just doesn't move as fast, and if I offer something that isn't quite special enough it just sits there, not to mention the frustration of seeing your egg disappear into the aether without any idea who's taken it or where it's going.

Edited by sylviamaris

*peeks in* Hmmm, I'm probably #3 with a tad of #2 thrown in. Been here almost 10 full years now, but just two years ago I drastically changed my scroll goals, so a lot of stuff I thought was 'complete' and done with is now back in the to-do section. I love gifting, love surprising people with random gifts, I don't breed as much but do love participating in mass-breeds when I see them. (I'm always happy to hunt for something for someone if they ask nicely!) Lately my main thing seems to be grabbing CB uncommons/rares and trading them for messy commons... I like to think that maybe some people who couldn't grab that breed themselves might be excited to see it in a trade asking for something 'easy'. (I don't think I'm in any danger of being #4 anytime soon, I'm so ridiculously addicted to this site and despite having over 6,000 dragons every single one is special!)

The four were generalizations, obvious there is gonna be some cossover, cuz you can be around forever and still your babies and love those dragons, and you can have Won a Raffle while you were a younger player and may have traded that for so many dragons you may be blue in the face of dragons and just don't feel it was a bit too easy, or maybe you don't care about lineages, collected your dragons (some people just do 1 Male & 1 Female, regardless of Lineage & are perfectly happy) and may or may not even have ever visited the Forums. Or maybe you catch things so much and have done it for so long now everything you catch you just give away as the value is more in the people than the dragons and you are just burning time and don't have anything better to do in the moment. It just all depends.

I think I'm going to post my re-Introduction since I was away for a period of time. In that time, while not my fault, I do see a lot of the raffles have dried up, and this makes me a bit sad. The Player Raffles were one of the coolest things I've ever seen people do (besides the ongoing super generous people gifting on their own, especially those who have done it for so many years), and I hope people are willing to do them again. However, I know it can take a lot of time and effort, even if you only do them sometimes. I've always tried to warn people not to do things back to back too much lest you burn out and then that is no good. But we all grow older and time moves and eventually for many of us, we get less time here or less focus here for whatever reason. I had a lot of time off when I was laid off from one job, and then I had a job that was literally soul sucking, and really did a number on me, moved into a much better job (but I think I spent over a year being paranoid and afraid even though its an amazing employer just from "prior experience"). So obviously when I had my newer job, I wanted to be focused on that, focused on rebuilding my life and taking care of my household, and then later to also start being a lot more healthy and I started a Diet & More Activity/Exercise and Lost weight and have a bit more to go but really great progress *AND* focused on my house and life and balance and all that good stuff. I picked up another huge hobby which began to dictate my time, got that better, and got my schedule and life back into balance, so I thought I'd pick up some time in DC as it is a game that literally easy for me to pick up and put down as I need with my free time, no strings attached.

I couldn't figure out why I had a hard time posting and poking more in the Forums and it would kinda take me multiple weeks to figure it out. But I became pretty OK in the caves to pick up some dragons I'd missed on new releases, picked up some Uncommon Dragons and such and life was good. I did also continue to end the Raffles as I did even while I was away because I was pretty good at picking up dragons and growing enough to at least enter the raffle, and various giftings and adding to my own scroll on my own. Finally figured out the Forum thing (I love the Forum and Community, it is why I am here!), made a post about it, got some awesome suggestions from people, got a warm light program and made everything all better and started poking around the threads again so I could ease in, learn about the Forums, maybe rekick this thread into gear again at some point, start posting and re-kindling prior relationships to say Hello and get to know newer faces and say Hello to Older Faces. Then I worked a really crazy weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), all evenings, most with Overtime (gotta get that money when you can), probably overworked myself a bit (again, I need a bit more sleep than I would like, about to go to bed myself), and then log in Sunday evening to DC to wind down a bit and muck about and suddenly get this fantastic image appearing YOU WON! And there is a Gold Tinsel Egg sitting in front of me. Obviously, I was shocked and overjoyed and turned to my hubby (as he was very confused) and basically explained, "I JUST (basically) WON DC!" to put it into words he could understand. Then off I went to figure out names, make sure the baby hatched on the Fourth of July (very patriotic) and all that Jazz.

I'm sort of stuck in-between a rock and a hard place on that. I'm not complaining nor am I saying "Woe is Me!" or wishing it had not happened. But there does become an issue that now I am a bit more involved at least a bit more in this game a bit faster than I had potentially anticipated, and that scares me a bit. It scares me because I really want those Player Events and Activities to come back, and this Thread, while I may dislike mundane repetitive tasks, pretty much runs itself and I just take things in chunks, find links, update links, write a brief descrip, update them, BAM - Magic! But there is something I cannot do completely on my own. I cannot run the Raffles I would love to see come back. I cannot spend chunks of time organizing that stuff. I can get you the support, get you the promotion, get you the donations, get you the questions answered and advice and incentive and cheerleading and encouragement to try it, and to get like minded people together. It is what I did before and what I'm good at. I'm good at also finding potential really great partnerships (be they just for a short bit or ongoing) that everyone finds is a Win-Win-Win and they all end up enjoying. And I want this thread to be active because I strongly believe, although it may not have 5k Posts, people find the information useful, especially when others and myself post about upcoming events for both donation times AND participation times (a reminder for them) and it is also a simple bookmark to a lot of great info and I love that people use it as that.

I do have those nagging fears though that I am going to lose time here than I should, and that i **WILL** need to keep an eye on because if I don't get enough sleep so I can do my work and keep my energy up and make sure I am taking care of my Adult Life actually critical things First, Then I'm not going to be able to do what I do here. So if I ask for help, they will be small asks, but I just want to be really honest that if I'm asking, I'm really really asking. Which means that people do need to come in every now and again and make a post, share some ideas, whatever you want to add, until we have built enough support so that those who are willing to put in the time (as they are able) to run a Game, a Group, a Raffle, whatever type of Event or put up some sort of Great resource & put in the work, we need to let them know they are appreciated, they are valued, and people in the community (whoever "WE" are), will be there to not only support, but we will also be there to donate, participate, and get involved as needed. I think **WE** have both the people who want to get involved in every aspect, including people who want to run some of these Events & Activities themselves. And I, along with many other people, want to donate to them and we will have some awesome basic organization and ongoing support again and we can just have an awesome time. However, when the Holidays start poking around, a lot of focus turns towards them. We still do plenty of Player Events because there are weeks in between (especially, for example, breeding Holidaykin/Holidaymates/HolidayLines as a Mass Breeding to give people some dragons to collect to help find mates and/or be encouraged to find mates for the upcoming Holidays)! So if we want to do some things before October, we are looking at time from Late August, September, then really mid October at the latest because people start their prep for Halloween by prepping Zombie Fodder and Make sure their Mates & BSAs are in line by at least that time, or realize how close the deadlines are and go bonkers trying to get some last minute fixes.

So out of this wall of text - let me make the single important line: Start Your Holiday Prep Early - If You Don't Know What that May Involve - ASK for Advice!! Don't Miss Out!!

The main reason I am not really taking Trade offers on my Prize Line is because Honest to Goodness, I have no idea what Dragons I generally want anymore. I have a lot of awesome stuff. If I don't have it, with maybe a handful of really crazy things I can count on a hand or two max, I have no desire to pursue the collection of specific dragons on my scroll at this time. I am not just writing this out for my thread, but as a place I can reference those who don't understand and want to really make trade offers with me. I may in the future be able to say what it is I want or desire or possibly wish or hope one day, but I have been away long enough that I literally desire Mostly Nothing Aside from seeing the Community have an Awesome time, and hopefully get a few players inspired to run some events again, get those breeding events ongoing, and make sure I'm posting about them as well as others. That is it! I mean sure I will take time to organize my scroll and put it into groups and make it easier to allow others to make breeding requests of various lines so I can share them with others, but I'll do that in my time. In the meantime, this is going to remain my focus while here as well as plodding about to organize things as I desire because I while I generally *HATE* repetitive organizational stuff on games, bI want it done and don't mind taking a break from a busy day by doing some simple things and accomplishing something. Yay me! So I've made some updates on the Lists, you'll continue to see me do so, and you'll continue to see me post. And when we get some events going, you will be seeing all sorts of donations from people that include not just me, but all sorts of others of us who want to share our lovelies with good homes especially if we all have fun in the process!

This wasn't meant to be a confessional, but I figured I needed to write it here as this Thread is going to be the most visible thing I do aside from organizing my scroll (and most people aren't going to really be "checking in on that") to see me make some progress. But I'm here, and while I know we all have busy lives and things to balance, and I hope you will be here with me because you all are the reasons I came outta hiatus, and I hope to let us have a little bit of fun and discover new things and re-discover old things as we go through the upcoming Holidays together. I think that is a great way to end 2018 and move into 2019. So how has your year been?

Woah! I have forgotten how to read long texts XD especially in English. May I ask for paragraph headers for easier orientation? I keep re-reading things I already read just because I keep getting interrupted :lol:

Oh hey, my bingo game will start tomorrow, may I link this here? Sign-ups will be open for another week.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/183165-ruby-eyess-delightful-bingo/

4 hours ago, Natayah said:

So how has your year been?

In real life terms, I'd rather forget the past 24 months XD In terms of DC, it was a pretty okay time - even awesome with the new features added to the game :wub: It just occurred to me that I could continue a lineage that was stalling due to one missing dragon by using the Market! :lol: Only 200 shards, too!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@RubyEyes Summary: Natayah behaves like an adult now and IRL comes before everything. I had to basically quasi retire for a period because of that.

Also there are now less Player run Activities and Events. This makes me sad. I came back here to ease back in and because it's usually not time consuming and I missed the Community. I wanted to be part of it again, gift things have fun and help others have fun. I think this thread helps so I'm trying to get it and other ones active or more active again

I thought I would take my time easing in a bit for all things DC. Keeping my IRL schedule is very important and I need extra sleep. I also suddenly won a raffle prize. People normally expect people who win to create a breeding list and trade for stuff. I don't want that because I want less stress and I have almost everything I want. The most important thing to me is this Community. I would much rather have raffles and watch people have fun. I can get anxious and sometimes I am afraid I will promise more than I can give. So I am going to protect myself and not do that.

That's all. I will make improvements to keeping this thread going and organized and organize my scroll when I'm able.

I hope people will keep this place active. I would love you to post your Bingo. I will even highlight it if you want.

I hope people help me keep this place active and updated. If a group of us do that, I can do the rest.

Or if I really need something extra, I can work it out.

HURRY TO SIGN UP FOR RUBY'S BINGO IN FORUM GAMES!! TIME IS RUNNING OUT & THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO ENJOY THE FUN AND LAYERED GAME THAT IS "DC FORUM BINGO" WITH AN AMAZING GAME HOST. WHETHER YOU ARE A *NEW* OR OLD PLAYER, OR JUST WANTING TO LEARN HOW IT GOES, THERE IS NO WAY BETTER THAN PLAYING - GO SIGN UP WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME: (ALSO ONLY THE MOST AWESOME PEOPLE PLAY - SO EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU ARE AWESOME YET, NOW YOU CAN JOIN THE CLUB - KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN & CHECK IN FREQUENTLY - BUT YOU GOTTA BE IN IT TO WIN IT - DON'T MISS OUT!!)