Natayah

Player Activities & Events

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I do hope Secret Santa will return once more!

It will! We are in the planning stages already! :D 

This Saturday Evening is Being Brought to You by the Themes of Gratitude and Thanks. It is also along with the themes of Sharing and Caring.

Before I start to on some Threads that are Specific to DC, I want to remind you that there are *MANY* other threads where discussions happen involving real life, art, creativity, fandoms, and all sorts of things. Take a peek and look around. Even those who have been around. You never know what you might find, even if it is just something that should be highlighted here for others to share! You know, before we get too spooky, and before Secret Santa starts opening up!

There are Several Gifting & Raffle/Giveaway & Other Projects we frequently Mention. Please take a look through them too and feel free to highlight some of your favorites: be it for yourself, recommendations to others who are newer or growing, and places to both Donate & Request! They are super important during every day we are both IN and NOT IN in a DC Holiday Event (all threads are different)! They Help us Prep & Help Us & Allow Us to Share & Build Community! So List Some Faves!

1. Random Acts of Kindness - One of the most Amazing Long Standing Groups to Nominate (in Secret!) people who have done special, helpful, wonderful things. Read the rules carefully so you are nominating the correct type of actions & doing it correctly. Also BE INSPIRED to think about adding Random Acts of Kindness regardless of Thanks. Pay it Forward.

2. The Thank You Thread - Thread to make posts to Thank People Publicly via Posting! Don't Forget to Tag them So they will Be Notified! Think of someone to Thank!

3. Congrats Thread - Did someone just have something super awesome happen? Share Your Love & Gratz via a Post Here! Again, Don't Forget Tags! Sometimes Easier than a sudden Influx of Gratz PMs especially if it was something really special!

4. Great Lineages Found in the AP - Say Thank You to all those out there taking the time to Breed to the AP various Lovelies so you can Treasure Hunt (and also keep that AP Time Low!!) and maybe even find something that was a Holiday Need or Even Better! It takes Effort, and Breeders Really Appreciate it, And people really enjoy sharing & enjoying all of the Fun Finds Together!

5. Jazeki's Holidaykin/Lines Mass Breeding Events - How do all those amazing Holidaykin & Holiday Themed Lines end up in the AP all at once? Magic? It is a Community Working Together! Sign up for reminders so you remember when it is time to help send a bunch of Holiday lovelies to the AP for multiple days of fun Treasure Hunts for yourself and others!

6. The Description Force - First, Get inspired to Give your Dragons a Story! Creative Writing & Imagination! Especially your Favorite and/or most "unique" dragons. Need some Inspiration or Grammar Assistance? Head Here! And you know how excited you get when your Dragon Description is Approved! These are the people who make that happen! So you can join in to help out, learn more, get tips, or just say thanks because Dragon Descriptions turn a Dragon from just being Awesome to being a Creature of Legend and Lore!

7. The WishList/Complete Your Scroll Thread - The Ultimate WishList & Scroll Completion & Dreams Thread! Make a Post & Link it to Your Signature & People can Find All Your Wants & Dreams in a single click! If you Haven't Updated it in Awhile, or have New Wants and Wishes or New Goals, you are probably overdue for an update! Also, this is a really great place to find ways to gift to people you aren't sure what to get, or to send a Random Gift/Glomp to someone Unexpected as a Special Surprise! When you have a dragon & you aren't sure where to send it, but want it to find a happy loving home - This is that Place! So if you are feeling generous, take a look!

8. FILL IN THE BLANK - What Awesome Gratitude, Giving Thanks and other Uplifting Threads did I miss, related to DC directly or even some of the other Forums that are on the DC Forums that others should explore in this theme??? POST THEM HERE SO WE CAN REMEMBER TO CHECK IN & CHECK IT OUT (And I can Update Some Lists **coughcough**)!

9. You are Welcome to Share Your own Thoughts of Gratitude and Thanks if it is related to Player Events & Activities Here Should You Feel Inclined. But I REALLY Also want you to Check out & Post & Show Some Love for The Threads I Listed & The Ones Others Will Share As Well. It isn't Always Just the Events & Activities. Sometimes it is The Threads that help Bind and Bring the Community Together because we appreciate more than just Pretty Pixels. We Also Appreciate Each Other. That's Why Places Like this Exist & Why So Many Are so inspired to Give Back.

10. Please Consider Sending a Welcome, Random Free Breeding Offer, Thank you, You are Awesome & I Appreciate You, Super Gratz, You Inspire Me, Whatever Type of Gratitude or Appreciation in a way that is a bit more personal and write a PM. Sometimes things mean more when you take the time to write them personally. If you are shy or not so good at this (at least you think) let me offer a few tips:

Some Basics on Writing & Sending Personal PMs:

1. Never Ever Spam. If you Find a Format that works for you for whatever you are trying to do (even if it is just to help new players find places to get all the best free gifts), Do not Copy it Literally Word for Word and Blanket Send it Randomly to Bunches of People. YOU CAN GET BANNED FOR THIS!!! And I Need You Around!! And We Would All Be Very Sad - Don't Make Me Sad for Writing This!!

2. Assuming You Do Not Know the Person, or Do Not Know where to Find People to Offer Greetings & Random Gifts or Offers (Like Hey, I'll be glad to Breed you some Pretty Lineage BSA's & Hatch them for you or Catch some CB Dragons for you, etc. I am (or someone else) Raffling off a 2G Prize, CB Gold, Etc, if you want to Enter for Free, Here is the Link to The Thread if you Like....) -  Make Sure You Take the time to actually look at their Signature, their Profile, their Scroll, and their Posting History, or what little they have if they are new (which you can find by look at some of the not quite as new Introduction Posts, Gifting/Breeding/Project Threads that Cater to Newer & Growing Players, Forum Games, NON DC Specific Threads, or Even Just someone whose name you see popping up a lot more on the Forums lately but you don't really know them). Your PMs need to be personalized. People often say a lot in their posting history, sigs, and Profiles that tells you a lot about them. So personalize your PM. And make an outreach of something that will benefit them, welcome them to the Game, offer that if they need XYZ thing(s) you are happy to help, a shared fandom, answer to question, etc. Do not just send PMs that advertise Threads. Even if it is a super awesome thread. You need to spend at least 2-3 lines that establish that you chose to write them for a specific reason. Not because you are randomly sending out enough goodness in the world randomly hoping it returns back to you. The Universe Cares about Intent, and So do DC Mods & Admins. Limit yourself and don't go crazy. Some people may never respond. But others, even if you only hear from them once, appreciate that someone actually noticed they existed and at least took the time to say hello, even if they don't need anything and are good on their own. People Usually Join the Forums to at least Keep up on News & Announcements. Some People also join cuz ... People!

3. Assuming you do know this person - it is incredibly Rude to send someone a PM that sounds nice and appreciative when you are just trying to nudge your way in to get some kind of dragon or other thing they have, can make, or get access to another person they know. And it is usually pretty obvious. Don't be that person. I tend to recommend if you are going to send a PM of Thanks, Appreciation, You are Awesome, I Hope you are Having a Better/Good Day, can be very Short. I do recommend a minimum of 3 sentences, but they don't necessarily need to be long. You don't need flowery language. You can use simple thanks and goofy appreciation and keep it light. If someone does something that really has a profound impact on you for some reason, you don't have to go into all the details of your life story, but you can let them know it meant more than they may never know. These are really nice and they are something we often overlook as it is so much easier to make a post in general than a PM to make it personal. Although, even though I write a lot, unless there is a reason you have an ongoing back and forth LONG conversation, I'd cap it at 2 paragraphs. And not long paragraphs.

4. Again, do not randomly spam your friends every 1-2 months. That feels fake. But do try to make it a point to say Hello to people (who are still active, if they become active again, feel free to say hello, but if you aren't sure, it doesn't hurt) you haven't said to in a while. And there are probably hundreds if you sat down and made a list of everyone you either liked, were fond of, thought were cool, or are the best people ever on the DC Forums. That is why it is a good practice to remember to do it now and again, especially if you run across a post somewhere and you realized you haven't talked that person in awhile! Sometimes a simple friendly Hello, Glad to see you still around, Hope you Enjoy the Upcoming Holidays! is good enough. Holiday Season is always a good excuse to send someone a PM of cheer and well wishes. You don't always have to list their Top 10 Most Amazing Attributes. You don't Write for Cosmo, do you?

5. Social Anxiety? Hate Writing? Bad at Words? When you write a PM, you can make it very simple, search for some general phrases, and start small. The nice thing about a PM is you can take time to write it. Even if it is small. It is good practice, and text is generally safer feeling.

6. There are also chat programs and platforms that exist for this site. They can be very active, and some of your favorite people (now or in the future) hang out there. Consider popping in once in awhile to check it out. Even if you don't stay for long, its nice to sometimes just pop in, say hello to someone, and in real time chat, you can learn a lot more about people. And again, text chat is so much easier than having to talk to people face to face. There is a reason I don't deal with anyone other than via text or phones anymore. I hear there are these new fancy (super old) Real Time Voice Talkings Too. Remember my OCD Life Segmentation Rules? Yah, We all Got our Things. I still greatly appreciate & Like all of you, and if this helps anyone consider some other forms of communication that they don't already do, or encourages them to try it out until they find their favorite form (no - not Dragon Ash - Their (DC DRAGONS) Version of Tindr), or just do their thing, we also know you appreciate others too because you are still around and still involved in the ways you like and can be. And we do all appreciate that, even if we don't always say it or show it as often as we would like.

Edited by Natayah

B: If you could have a meal with a really cool friend, what kind of meal or food stuffs would you like to have? You can add ambiance if you feel like it. I've had a goal/soft plan for a few years now - the next time (it's always next time) I visit my best friend (she lives 3 hrs away) we're going to go to the farmers' market and buy pounds and pounds of fresh vegetables, and cook an enormous vegetarian dinner. As far as ambience goes, we'll probably drink local craft beer and watch Steven Universe. 

C  : What is your favorite Dragon Hybrid and/or Alt Color or ... if you have a few, list like... like .... maybe 3-5 max? ALT VINE ALT VINE ALT VINE forever.

F: With Halloween Coming... I don't want you to talk about your deepest fears and terrors. Let's talk about maybe some simple scary stuff. Like something you go EEEEK but wouldn't need therapy over. Max of like.... 1-3. Let's be a little brief unless you have an interesting story you want to share, because heck, that is why that we do these! Go ahead for that! I can't handle horror movies. A scary mood, creepy music, jump scares (esp. jump scares!) will all mess me up. I can't even deal with horror movie trailers; I have to look away and kind of zone myself out until they're over. The hard exception is vampire movies! I'm not sure why. Maybe they're just never as creepy as straight up horror films. But my husband and I have a fine tradition of ordering takeout and drinking vodka (well, I drink vodka) and watching cheap vampire movies.

G: Is there a particular thing that you are Super OG.. Like Super Old GrandPerson about... you have been doing it so long, or know a lot about it, or are really into it, before it was cool, or something you think you will be in the future, or admire Old Grandperson type people on any particular topic? AND GET OFF MY LAWN - But Stay in this Thread!! And share some Fun! 

I have the privilege and bragging rights of having seen Return of the Jedi in theaters. I'm not quite old enough to have seen the other two, but I can pull that one out every time. And I do. And I was on good old Star Wars fan forums in good old 1996, on good old Netscape Navigator. You children will never truly understand the shipping wars. I was there the day the strength of Men failed Mara/Luke became canon.

Edited by sylviamaris

************* FAST RAFFLES, FLASH RAFFLES, FREE RAFFLES, FLASH FRIED BABY BROCCOLINIS **************

Feesh's Fresh Farmers Market ND GIVEAWAY Continues! - WIN FREE ND's ONGOING - Variations on Giveaways, Raffles, Flash Events & Giveaways - If you want to WIN, Make sure you are Following This Thread, or you are Often Going to MISS OUT!! - Also Share with Your Friends Because You Can ALL Agree to Keep an Eye on the Thread Together, so if there is a FAST FLASH RAFFLE, for just a few hours or such.... You WILL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE TO WIN!!!! - Follow the Thread - It is how you are going to Win - Share your Thanks and Appreciation & Help Spread the News - It is All Feesh Asks, And Probably that you Stick to Eating Broccoli & Not Fresh Fish. Or Fowl Foul - Just Go Support Your Local "Farmers Market" to see all the great values (free) for the Finest Veggies & Fruits, and Maybe Even Learn How to "Grow Your Own...." - Maybe Consider Popping into Some Various Threads, Discord Chats, People who Tutor, Etc. You Gotta Break a Few Eggs If you Want to Make a nice Broccoli  Frittata - Fresh, Fried, Steamed, Baked or any Other Way You want to Make it! And Share it! Go Post and Join!

Edited by Natayah

The newest edition of the DC Photo Contest is up!

I have been a Bad Bad Poster. I have been a bit busy these past few weeks. I'll Post some things, but anyone who has been wanting to look at and/or Sign up our Special DC Forum Dragon Bingo Using your Own Dragons is OPEN & NEW ROUND! Check it out!!

1. SO MUCH GOING ON - THE HOLIDAYS ARE ALMOST HERE - ARE YOU READY FOR IT?? If NOT - Take a Look at the Links in the First Posts, and Upcoming Seasonal Assistance, Trading, Etc. Threads, Groups & Individuals & get some last minute assistance! Try to make sure after this Holiday, you take some extra time to get ready for the next Holiday Round!

2. ANY Awesome Threads I am Missing on my Lists, Needing Updates, or just AWESOME Threads (Groups, Events, Everything!) that need some attention or need to be added to the Lists and get some proper Promotion! Post it & We'll Support & Share & Promote it!

3. GET READY TO BREED YOUR HOLIDAYS - PROBABLY IGNORE THE REST UNTIL HALLOWEEN ENDS! -

4. Holidays are a time to Meet NEW People & Reconnect with Friends Old & New! I made a few handy posts referencing ways to reach out to others, especially for those who are shy and/or have fears and/or have issues with doing this easily:

A: Ways to Connect with the Community & Why it is Important

B: Ways to Find & Share Player Events with New People, Make New Connections, & Help Newer Players

C : Showing Gratitude via Various Threads & Writing PM's for Friends & Newer Players

5. Please Visit & Support Gifting/Breeding and other Player Activities & Events. That includes Helping to Promote Them, Which is Super Easy by Making a Post Here! That includes New Stuff, but also our Steady Always Ongoing Threads. They all Need our Support! This is what often makes the difference between a Project, Group or Event Dying out, or Being an Active Ongoing Part of our Community!

And Now for Some Fun Questions of the Pre-Halloween:

1. Do You have a Funny or Great Halloween Story or Memory to Share, from either IRL, DC, wherever? Share it! Or How are you celebrating Halloween (Or As I Call it: Eat all the Candy Day)? Or Both!

2. Interesting or Fun Holiday Related Story You haven't shared yet? Doesn't need to be your best one, but something Holiday related you would like to share. That includes just getting or sharing a special dragon you really like!

3. If you could create a Holiday, what would be it's Theme, what would you name it, what would be involved in celebrating it, and how do you think it would eventually become commercially taken over as a way to guilt people into buying certain merchandise to prove they are properly celebrating? (You Don't have to answer all of those!!)

4. What have you been up to lately? No Seriously, via Real Life, on DC, or in OtherSpace - How's it Goin', How you Doin', What you Doin'? Or if you don't feel like talking about that, talk about something else random.

5. Anything Else, DC Related or Real Life or Random Fact you want to share, or now feel obligated to post something in this very generic question? You can post multiple things, have at it. Make this the question you really wish I'd asked, or just post some random. Or post something you like & now we get to read it!

Edited by Natayah

1. Do You have a Funny or Great Halloween Story or Memory to Share, from either IRL, DC, wherever? Share it! Or How are you celebrating Halloween (Or As I Call it: Eat all the Candy Day)? Or Both!

I once did apple-bobbing when I was 14 years old. I was up against my brother. We dunked our heads in to get the apples. I bashed my front buck teeth hard on something and came up, thinking I'd broken something. My bro came up and just stared. I'd speared an apple on my buck teeth and bottom teeth, so my mouth was stuck open. I thought I was going to have to live with an apple in my mouth forever. I was, obviously, freed very quickly by my mom. Nobody has beaten my record yet for apple bobbing. We've also...never apple bobbed again...because of that...

I'll probably spend time at home, munching candy and watching spooky movies. No real deviation from what I usually do, besides more candy. :P

2. Interesting or Fun Holiday Related Story You haven't shared yet? Doesn't need to be your best one, but something Holiday related you would like to share. That includes just getting or sharing a special dragon you really like!

I apparently forgot the AP existed last 'ween. I only have one CB of each 'ween, along with my 4 Omen Wyrms. Only one of which was female. I hope to correct that this year (if the biome returns).

3. If you could create a Holiday, what would be it's Theme, what would you name it, what would be involved in celebrating it, and how do you think it would eventually become commercially taken over as a way to guilt people into buying certain merchandise to prove they are properly celebrating? (You Don't have to answer all of those!!)

...Ferrets. Ferret Appreciation Day. Loving ferrets. Using the power of cute ferrets to take over the world. (ignore me, I should never be in charge of anything, ever)

4. What have you been up to lately? No Seriously, via Real Life, on DC, or in OtherSpace - How's it Goin', How you Doin', What you Doin'? Or if you don't feel like talking about that, talk about something else random.

I've been surviving, like everyone else. Working, living, eating, trying to stay positive. Wish I was writing or drawing more, but my inspiration and motivation have been really low. RPing kind of helps. Winter is on its way and I'm recovering from an awful cough. Hopefully things will get better soon. Hoping for a nice 'ween this year.

5. Anything Else, DC Related or Real Life or Random Fact you want to share, or now feel obligated to post something in this very generic question? You can post multiple things, have at it. Make this the question you really wish I'd asked, or just post some random. Or post something you like & now we get to read it!

I'm almost at 100 shims for the Shimmerscale army. They will begin (hopefully) marching after 'ween, on my birthday, November 2nd. Ratios will likely eff me but I do not care. SHIIIIIIM!!

Last chance to enter the Photo Contest! 

1. Do You have a Funny or Great Halloween Story or Memory to Share, from either IRL, DC, wherever? Share it! Or How are you celebrating Halloween (Or As I Call it: Eat all the Candy Day)? Or Both!  I will be working on Halloween. I always wear one of my two Walmart Halloween t-shirts and sometimes earrings. Candy is expensive here so I'm always relieved I'm not usually in a home where I get trick-or-treaters at the door.

3. If you could create a Holiday, what would be its Theme, what would you name it, what would be involved in celebrating it, and how do you think it would eventually become commercially taken over as a way to guilt people into buying certain merchandise to prove they are properly celebrating? (You Don't have to answer all of those!!)

4. What have you been up to lately? No Seriously, via Real Life, on DC, or in OtherSpace - How's it Goin', How you Doin', What you Doin'? Or if you don't feel like talking about that, talk about something else random.  I didn't want to go to work today. My shop window was broken again, and the Board is focusing more on the fact it took me six days to submit a concern about a coworker than on his unprofessional behaviours that caused my concern in the first place.

683f58f2-6d20-44e8-aea8-56af596d659c-ori

While Halloween is my favourite holiday I rarely do anything for it, at least not since I turned 16. Halloween isn't that big in my part of the UK and I think people would appreciate a 24 year old wandering around the neighbourhood in fancy dress.

Best Halloween memory? Well London Expo (now Comicon) has it's October convention on the last weekend of October, whether this happened on Halloween or a few days before I am not sure but me and my friend were dressed in Halloween-y costume so I guess it counts. Anyway me and my friend were staying in a hotel a little ways from the convention site, there was a train station not far from the hotel that we could use to get to it, however as we were walking my friends shoe broke and we had to make a detour into the nearest shopping centre to buy some new shoes. Now I was cosplaying as Russia from Hetalia with a ton of bloodstains on my uniform, whereas my friend was cosplaying Spike from Buffy with some fake blood dribbling down her child. We knew we would get stared at a bit, but neither of us expected people to actually be concerned about my friend being hurt. Her fake blood was apparently just that convincing, and people didn't seem to register me being covered in bloodstains meant maybe hers was also fake. We had quite a lot of laughs that morning with random members of public. 

I won't be doing anything for Halloween this year, I have college both on Halloween and the day after and I know that I will regret it if I stay out late.

I can't believe I missed the Halloween Biome last year, why didn't I come back sooner. I really hope it comes back this year, it would be very nice to get some CB Holidays to pair with my G1 Shimmer.

World Book Day. It does exist already and as a kid I loved it, getting to go into school dressed up as a book character and getting a voucher to spend on books, but once Year 7 came around it stopped being a thing. I say World Book Day should be a thing for adults not just kids, maybe bookstores could offer a discount for that day or run events were you can meet authors. I know many libraries run author events on World Book Day, but they are designed for small kids and it would be super weird for an adult to turn up to one, so maybe do an adult version of that where you can meet authors that write books for a mature audience. (By mature I mean like adult Horror or Crime stuff like that, not the adult "romance" books)

I've just finished my first half-term being back at college and gods have I enjoyed it thoroughly. I have finally found my calling in life and I am waking up in the mornings excited to get out and do stuff. It probably helps that my course is Animal Management and that means I spend a fair bit of time getting to be with animals. One of my assignments is to train an animal and the college provides chicks for those who don't want/can't train their own pets and I've been going in regularly to try and train her, she's an absolute cutie! So yeah, life is amazing!

Uh... I guess I got my Leetle Tree today. I was starting to worry that maybe they no longer drop because it took three days, but I got it and it sits proudly at the top of my scroll. I don't know what else to post...

Please come and vote for your favourite!

q3qivqi.png

Secret Santa is back! Please join us for gifting, raffles, and good company!

Signups start today, so head on over to our Secret Santa 2018 thread and take a look!

OK FOLKS, take a deep breath, see the two posts above and then GO VOTE (good practice for some upcoming voting) and go check out our annual awesome SECRET SANTA. So many people both help out and get involved and it is one of the coolest Player Run things involving gifting, wishlist and helping others with gifts and people are very generous and helpful.

GO DO THE THINGS!!!!

BTW - How's that Halloween Going?

Edited by Natayah

49 minutes ago, Natayah said:

BTW - How's that Halloween Going?

It's going fantastic! Even though I haven't caught any AP hatchlings for days now, I found some neat eggs in the AP; one of them is a mate to a dragon I once saved as an AP, and they're unrelated :D

Got myself a few Zs too, sadly I forgot to catch a CB Black Marrow on my own, getting the CB from the AP instead. But that would be for another year :v

On 10/24/2018 at 11:04 AM, Natayah said:

1. SO MUCH GOING ON TIME FOR NEW LINES AND HOLIDAY THEMED PLAYER RUN FUN LIKE SECRET SANTA & HOLIDAYKIN BREEDING!!!  Take a Look at the Links in the First Posts, and Upcoming Seasonal Assistance, Trading, Etc. Threads, Groups & Individuals & get some last minute assistance! Try to make sure after this Holiday, you take some extra time to get ready for the next Holiday Round!

2. ANY Awesome Threads I am Missing on my Lists, Needing Updates, or just AWESOME Threads (Groups, Events, Everything!) that need some attention or need to be added to the Lists and get some proper Promotion! Post it & We'll Support & Share & Promote it!

3. GET READY TO BREED AS THOSE LOW TIME HOLIDAYS DISAPPEAR - GET READY FOR JAZEKI'S UPCOMING HOLIDAYKIN MASS BREED WHILE GETTING THAT AP TIME LOW TO HELP OUR FELLOW PLAYERS CLICK FOR MORE INSPIRATION!

4. Holidays are a time to Meet NEW People & Reconnect with Friends Old & New! I made a few handy posts referencing ways to reach out to others, especially for those who are shy and/or have fears and/or have issues with doing this easily:

A: Ways to Connect with the Community & Why it is Important

B: Ways to Find & Share Player Events with New People, Make New Connections, & Help Newer Players

C : Showing Gratitude via Various Threads & Writing PM's for Friends & Newer Players

5. Please Visit & Support Gifting/Breeding and other Player Activities & Events. That includes Helping to Promote Them, Which is Super Easy by Making a Post Here! That includes New Stuff, but also our Steady Always Ongoing Threads. They all Need our Support! This is what often makes the difference between a Project, Group or Event Dying out, or Being an Active Ongoing Part of our Community!

And Now for Some Fun Questions of the Pre-Halloween: (TIME TRAVEL CHRONO - POST HALLOWEEN MUAHAHA)

0. If you could go back in time to Halloween, would you change something or do something differently? You can only Time Travel on DC, no Real Life Time Travel - We Already Got that, Just look on the Internet on other Sites.??

1. LET'S GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO SOME FAVORITE OR RECENTLY AWESOME Events, Players, or if anonymous, cool acts, gifts, inspiration, etc? SHARE IT!

2. Interesting or Fun Holiday Related Lines you got recently? Share them? Got a fun or interesting story to share from DC, IRL or elsewhere? SHARE IT!

3. SHARE an awesome thing YOU ACCOMPLISHED this year, online, IRL, Etc. I'LL SHARE MINE IF YOU SHARE YOURS!!

4. SO ... HOW WAS HALLOWEEN?!?!?!?!?!!

Edited by Natayah

My Halloween was pretty good. Nothing fantastic IRL but in DC, well... I got 3 SAltkin gifted to me--a 4g Grave, a 5g Shdow Walker, and a 19g inbred Omen that I love to death. PINK OMEN!! I'm breeding so many Mints from that Omen. I have all the rest of my CBs and quite a few AP finds too. I jumped from 12 weens last year to over 60 this year. Woo!

Also, the Shimmerscale Army has been bred. It was more fruitful than I expected it to be. It should be fun to see who collects them.

Total shims bred = 96

Total celestials bred = 39

The rest were various holiday dergs from xmas 2017, vday 2018, and ween 2018

Refusals = 5

No interest = 7

No eggs = 30

Celestial eggs = 59

Shimmerscale eggs = 54

Bronze shim eggs = 9

Silver shim eggs = 33

Gold shim eggs = 12

0. If you could go back in time to Halloween, would you change something or do something differently? You can only Time Travel on DC, no Real Life Time Travel - We Already Got that, Just look on the Internet on other Sites.??

More Reds, Pinks/Aeons. I actually had trouble with getting a pair for few of the breeds that I had to get help from others regarding BSAs >.< Also, I was out of Reds during the new release, so I'm 1 day late, and lack 8 slots to the post-Halloween parties. Also, I should've pushed for Platinum trophy while it was still possible, instead of just "let it be for Christmas or next Halloween".

1. LET'S GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO SOME FAVORITE OR RECENTLY AWESOME Events, Players, or if anonymous, cool acts, gifts, inspiration, etc? SHARE IT!

Secret Santa! Whoop, sounds fun! I've been secretly sharing and giving some stuff when I coincidentally have what is wanted and the time is right (whoops, not a secret then. But don't we all do that sometimes XD )

I heard Feesh is going to do another ND Raffle :o

Through this holiday I learned what SAltkins are, which is kinda cool that it's the spriters' own offsprings. This is the start of me paying attention to lineages instead of just Cave-Breds and ordinary checkers :) I thank the DC community for that!

2. Interesting or Fun Holiday Related Lines you got recently? Share them? Got a fun or interesting story to share from DC, IRL or elsewhere? SHARE IT!

I will definitely share a lot more in the Thank You and Great Lineages Found in AP thread for some lineages, but for now:

Two name-like code dragons are going to mate! One is a hatchling I caught from AP and miraculously gendered correctly a month ago, Alimn

and the egg I caught from AP, Gyojj

I will share their offspring to anyone who likes Desipis and Antarean dragons :3

I have a short story. I partake in "cleaning the AP", as in hatching the ER Halloween eggs and throwing them back to the AP. I was very, very excited when I see multiple hatchlings start leaking in and I tried to grab them all like candy! (If the Arcanas weren't so great, I would've probably abandoned one or two to get extra Halloween hatchlings). In the end, my AP Hatchling Army got a Halloween surprise, with over 30 new recruits! :D

3. SHARE an awesome thing YOU ACCOMPLISHED this year, online, IRL, Etc. I'LL SHARE MINE IF YOU SHARE YOURS!!

I thought I would miss the rumored "hatchling wall", so I was pretty content with getting only 3 or 4 hatchlings from the Abandoned Page during and after Halloween. Turns out I got what I wanted, and I got a hatchling from every breed except the newly released breed :D

I have accomplished at least one Z-coded Arcana dragon, would've wanted more but I'm okay with 1. I came into Halloween without much goals other than to get new CBs, so I guess there's not much to say ^_^

It was epic! Though I'll consider Halloween to be really over after a few days, when the eggs and hatchlings of Halloween have grown into adults. It's a great event, but alas, I need to get used to my normal routine again! Except that I'll be having Platinum soon, which means I have new goals set :)

And Now for Some Fun Questions of the Pre-Halloween: (TIME TRAVEL CHRONO - POST HALLOWEEN MUAHAHA)

I would go back to Halloweens 2009 through 2012 and tell myself to FILL UP my scroll with CB Halloweens (because I stupidly thought they were limited just like christmas and valentine dragons.)

One of those grey things there is not a Stone, it's a Tombstone: https://dragcave.net/lineage/oXE4p

Cleaned up my place. That's an accomplishment because my brain is really no help with RL things.

Great! I got to watch the movie Bohemian Rhapsody with my GF :D

If I could rewind to my first Halloween on DC, which was last year, I'd remind myself that the AP existed. I'd tell myself to grab all the CBs I could then while I still had super-fast school internet and not my cruddy home internet because CB-hunting will be harder. And then...I'd tell myself to just enjoy it more and not freak out about not getting enough dergs because the AP ween wall lasts so freaking long! Woot!

Getting gifted a few SAltkin by nice people who caught them! And also shout-out to Process and Birdz for the attempted Omen SAltkin wall! That was amazing! *hoards her SAltkin Omens*

I got an amazingly inbred pink SAltkin Omen x Mint line that I will be continuing. https://dragcave.net/lineage/Lvm28

I LIVED ANOTHER DAY!! jk, but that too. I graduated college, I got a job, and I've survived to winter. Now to survive winter... Oh, I hit platinum in just over a year. That was cool. :)

It was fine. I watched Over the Garden Wall, ate food, and hung out with my family. Not too much deviation from a regular day. But I don't live in town, so no trick or treaters or anything here. I just ate the candy myself. lol, I was my OWN trick or treater.

**UPDATE: OUR RAFFLES ARE OPEN FOR FREE ENTRIES & WILL END SOON - ENTER TO WIN NOW**

Alternative Lives Raffle - **UPDATE OPEN NOW - HURRY TO ENTER - GET IN WHILE YOU CAN - MAYBE INVITE A FEW OTHERS** - TIME IS ALMOST UP TO ENTER TO WIN FOR FRE Spriter's Alts Lines Raffle -  & Picking back up! Share and join a Fun Raffle Specializing in Lines from these Rare Beauties! Come Support & Share & Make Sure you Get your Chance to Win - Ends SOON!!

Glittering Gold Giveaway - **UPDATE OPEN NOW - ENTER TO WIN FREE DRAGONS & SHARE WITH OTHERS - LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT FOR THIS ROUND TO ENTER** Free Entries To Join & Invite Others to win Dragons of all Kinds!

DC Photo Contest - Theme is Crafting. Take pictures related to the theme and post and share them! Fun to Join, Share, Vote & Win! Ongoing Always, New Themes each New Round! Follow along to at least Vote, and consider joining in and try this form of creative art that others can be inspired & enjoy!

Secret Santa 2018 Event - Player Favorite Winter/Christmas Gifting Event between Players (Secret Gifting & So Much Fun & Joy) within the Community - Share & Consider Signing Up, Joining & Helping Out - Everyone who participates always loves this event, so don't miss out! *ALSO - Follow For Various Giveaways & Raffles & Chances to Participate in Great Fun with Amazing People!

Holidaykin Breeding Events - Ongoing Organized Holidaykin Mass Breeding Events - Sign Up to Join in the Future, But Since the Last one was a bit Overwhelmed by the Halloween Backlog, feel free to toss out some lovely Holiday & Holidaykin Lines, and to help keep the Holiday Prep a little easier & Help our Fellow Players, Consider some other ongoing Breeding Options so we can all Enjoy the Benefits of Lower AP Time Eggs!

Edited by Natayah

q3qivqi.png

Secret Santa is doing random giveaways/raffles this year!

During the signup period (until Dec. 21), these are open to anyone who might want to pick up something special before the holidays. Keep an eye on the Secret Santa thread or follow the Secret Santa account for some treats, take a look at our rules, and consider signing up!

On 11/7/2018 at 4:25 PM, Natayah said:

**UPDATE: OUR RAFFLES ARE OPEN FOR FREE ENTRIES & WILL END SOON - ENTER TO WIN NOW**

Alternative Lives Raffle - **UPDATE OPEN NOW - HURRY TO ENTER - GET IN WHILE YOU CAN - MAYBE INVITE A FEW OTHERS** - TIME IS ALMOST UP TO ENTER TO WIN FOR FRE Spriter's Alts Lines Raffle -  & Picking back up! Share and join a Fun Raffle Specializing in Lines from these Rare Beauties! Come Support & Share & Make Sure you Get your Chance to Win - Ends SOON!!

Glittering Gold Giveaway - **UPDATE OPEN NOW - ENTER TO WIN FREE DRAGONS & SHARE WITH OTHERS - LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT FOR THIS ROUND TO ENTER** Free Entries To Join & Invite Others to win Dragons of all Kinds!

DC Photo Contest - Theme is Crafting. Take pictures related to the theme and post and share them! Fun to Join, Share, Vote & Win! Ongoing Always, New Themes each New Round! Follow along to at least Vote, and consider joining in and try this form of creative art that others can be inspired & enjoy!

Secret Santa 2018 Event - Player Favorite Winter/Christmas Gifting Event between Players (Secret Gifting & So Much Fun & Joy) within the Community - Share & Consider Signing Up, Joining & Helping Out - Everyone who participates always loves this event, so don't miss out! *ALSO - Follow For Various Giveaways & Raffles & Chances to Participate in Great Fun with Amazing People!

Holidaykin Breeding Events - Ongoing Organized Holidaykin Mass Breeding Events - Sign Up to Join in the Future, But Since the Last one was a bit Overwhelmed by the Halloween Backlog, feel free to toss out some lovely Holiday & Holidaykin Lines, and to help keep the Holiday Prep a little easier & Help our Fellow Players, Consider some other ongoing Breeding Options so we can all Enjoy the Benefits of Lower AP Time Eggs!

I am sleepy and don't feel so hot so going to bed. Basically the Alt Lives Raffle did close, the Glittering Gold Giveaway Closes Tonight. Also watch the Santa Thread for random chances to win awesome stuff, whether you are involved or not, and consider .... if not getting involved, and honestly everyone involved in any way of any level always loves it so much I have never heard any comments from this project other than utter joy and awesomeness. I am not making this up. Since the very beginning. It is an amazing Player Tradition, and if it isn't part of your Tradition time to make it so. Also check out the Photo Contests, think about helping keep that AP low, and post some other stuff I'm missing. Don't think you can relax too fast. Enjoy this mini break player events, but also don't forget those of you who need to build your BSA armies and/or Scrolls for extra slots, while Xmas & VDay are a little easier than Halloween, I think some of you might have learned a few lessons. Many of us want to help and we will. But you need to be pro-active. First, check out the lists of several threads, especially the front for help, and more recently mentioned ones, poke about the forum a bit, and if you find something awesome share it so I can update it cuz I ain't updating anything for at least a good multiple hours as I'm about to fall over asleep for a period of time. Blah. So ... tonight .... who wants to do the fun job of sharing some fun tidbits including awesome threads I NEED to add to my lists, or that NEED to be pointed out for Holiday Love, or ongoing all the time love and support, or both!

Here are 4 Questions to Answer if you are REALLY Good:

1. What is one of your favorite wins (or you can list up to 5 or so) and/or experiences in Player Events over the years?

2. What is something that is greatly underappreciated? Real Life, Imaginary Life, DC, I don't care. You don't even have to persuade us. You can also post some underappreciated threads here too, or ones that don't always get all the spotlights and fuss, but you were always able to do that, but they would fit with this question?

3. What is something you have gone thru that you are comfortable sharing that you felt made you a better person, or was a tough experience, but ultimately you came out a better person, even if it really sucked. This can be very general and lets keep it PG. If you need Emotional Suppot and such, and other topics, there are threads under GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM that are really great, maybe check some out?

4. Let's make up a silly or scary or awesome Dragon Hybrid. It can be Hybrids of Hybrids of Hybrids or maybe require multiple dragons to come together and summon it from beyond, I don't care, take a bunch of our dragons and have them produce something special, even if it is a horrible musical by inbred mints. Which would be a smashing Breadway Success! (spelled CORRECTLY!!) IDK don't make this your super secret dragon concept, or maybe if you really get thinking go create one. But make something at least a bit goofy or amusing or creative or whatever to post here. Go Wild, just PG Wild. Your parents are watching. Exactly. Unless they are like me and probably just encourage that sort of behavior. So maybe just pretend they have a since of responsibility to tact. Or just talk about your parents. Why not, its a free therapy session. You just type and we will pretend we are hearing it as we eyeball it (aka "reading") Also, if you enjoy reading and creating, there is that awesome Dragon who might want a a story and a description. I wonder if a place exists for those kinds of things, or other artistic expressions and sharing of skill and craft and even allows dragon trades for skills? Is that a thing???? I wonder if anyone can tell us - IS THIS A THING??? And if it is, which ones are THE BEST? (that is like 5 questions in one.... go crazy kids).

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1. What is one of your favorite wins (or you can list up to 5 or so) and/or experiences in Player Events over the years?

One of last night's wins in the ARL raffle. I got a Nhiostrife that has a Floral Crowned alt in it. I've only ever seen those alts once ever. So happy I got that!

2. What is something that is greatly underappreciated? Real Life, Imaginary Life, DC, I don't care. You don't even have to persuade us. You can also post some underappreciated threads here too, or ones that don't always get all the spotlights and fuss, but you were always able to do that, but they would fit with this question?

The hard work that a cleaning staff goes through in places like schools and hospitals, especially in winter with all the slush and salt.

3. What is something you have gone thru that you are comfortable sharing that you felt made you a better person, or was a tough experience, but ultimately you came out a better person, even if it really sucked. This can be very general and lets keep it PG. If you need Emotional Suppot and such, and other topics, there are threads under GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM that are really great, maybe check some out?

Surviving when mom's boyfriend, the primary provider in our family, abruptly decided to leave last year on my birthday. Lost a lot of my personal savings to try and keep ourselves afloat that winter. It was horrible. But it's been one year now, we're still alive, and he's...not doing so hot. Remember to change your mailing address when you leave an ex, people! We enjoy watching him eff up his credit score because he has no sense about paying his credit card bills. He's lucky we're not horrible people.

4. Let's make up a silly or scary or awesome Dragon Hybrid. It can be Hybrids of Hybrids of Hybrids or maybe require multiple dragons to come together and summon it from beyond, I don't care, take a bunch of our dragons and have them produce something special, even if it is a horrible musical by inbred mints. Which would be a smashing Breadway Success! (spelled CORRECTLY!!) IDK don't make this your super secret dragon concept, or maybe if you really get thinking go create one. But make something at least a bit goofy or amusing or creative or whatever to post here. Go Wild, just PG Wild. Your parents are watching. Exactly. Unless they are like me and probably just encourage that sort of behavior. So maybe just pretend they have a since of responsibility to tact. Or just talk about your parents. Why not, its a free therapy session. You just type and we will pretend we are hearing it as we eyeball it (aka "reading") Also, if you enjoy reading and creating, there is that awesome Dragon who might want a a story and a description. I wonder if a place exists for those kinds of things, or other artistic expressions and sharing of skill and craft and even allows dragon trades for skills? Is that a thing???? I wonder if anyone can tell us - IS THIS A THING??? And if it is, which ones are THE BEST? (that is like 5 questions in one.... go crazy kids).

If I could make a hybrid...it'd be something with shims in it. Maybe Shimmerscale x Garland or Shimmerscale x Omen. Ooh, flaming purple bone shim! Shimmerbone, perhaps? Yes, it shall be Shimmerbone.