Natayah

Player Activities & Events

I Voted! Don't forget to Vote, our DC Photography Contests has been going on for a long time and is another fun unique thing we do to encourage art and creativity from EVERYONE and ANYONE!

On 8/4/2018 at 7:46 AM, purplehaze said:

Sorry for the double post, but I just thought of something else that should get more attention than it does! The DC Photography Contest

This is another rotating thing -- winner of one contest sets the theme for the next and starts a new thread. You don't have to be a professional photographer to win this contest. Heck, I've even gotten a few votes for my pitiful entries! XD 

The current theme is winter related (not Christmas) pictures. We have a few really nice entries, but I'll bet there are other people who have snow, ice, or other winter-related pictures that they could enter. The deadline for this round is tomorrow, though, so you need to get over there quickly! If you miss the deadline, feel free to drop over there anyway and vote for your favorite entry once the poll is up!

That contest isn't open for new entries in this point, actually. You can vote for it and maybe join next contest XD

P.S Poll ends at 8.12. Next contest will open at few days later that depends on winner's condition :) 

Edited by sh20000sh

**NEXT ROUND IS OPEN & HAS STARTED**

The BLOCKER BREEDING BONANZA: VISIT & START BREEDING TO WIN AMAZING RARE PRIZES!** 

Also Consider Donating if you have some Great Dragons or Catching Skills - I love Breeding 2G Gold Tinsels for This & Many have Joined IN!

I Hope that People will check out the Art Forum, especially Original Art Sub-Forum threads in the future for a few reasons:

1. DC Photography Contest - This has been ongoing and is a great creative way to explore and share a piece of you, no matter your skill, meet new people and have a lot of fun.

2. Creating Your Own Original Art Thread: No Matter Your Art, or Your Level, You can explore and create everything from writing to drawing to spriting and more. Share your creative side, grow your creative side, and people have also used their own art to not only share where they store portfolios and take art requests (including commissions for money), but you can also make DC Art (Signature Graphics, Spriting, Personal Requests for Whatever) and trade dragons for your skills. And this is legal! So consider helping others who lack but could really use your skills and consider making an Art Thread of your own. You will meet a lot of great people this way, and share something with the community beyond the Dragons and possibly even get some nice dragons by helping other people in need and/or appreciating your skill(s)!

3. Learn to Sprite & Create to Help DC - Want to release a dragon in game one day? Want to possibly become a DC Artist and contribute to DC Game Release and more? This is the place to start, learn the art, and other arts, and meet a lot of like minded people and veterans whose input is priceless and will help you grow much faster!

Finally - I am going to just honestly admit it. I will sometimes do basic updates to the Resource List. Especially for New and Upcoming Stuff. But I really would like this Thread to Serve as a place people can Bookmark and come and get a Quick Overview of some of the more Helpful Resources, Sites and Threads to Visit for specific needs. I know the Forums can be daunting to many. However, I do not have the desire to continuously update and search out these places. My skills (and what I love & enjoy, thus enjoy the time I spend doing it more) and time are limited, so I am going to focus on the thing that best keeps this community running - Updating Current & Upcoming Events, creating cooperation & coordination & support, and encouraging people to constantly keep that support going so people know where to go and what to do when they want to contribute or be inspired as well.

TL:DR: Post the Names & Links of Good Resources in this Thread with a Basic Description so I can Add them to Resource List. I need Help & Can't Alone. It  Promotes that resource. Plz Post to share your tips & wisdom for everything, especially Holidays, for new to growing players still learning!

New Bingo is up!

Come out and play!

And the new Photo Contest, too! The more entries, the merrier!

Edited by Lagie

Growing Things is a Labor of Love. Like a Gardener, it takes Time, Energy, Pruning, Setbacks, and Unexpected Bumps that you may not know how to handle. However, is it worth it? For the Altruistic Souls that gain joy from the ongoing and ever growing and developing and unexpected blossoms create an internal delight and joy that provides both happiness, peace, and joy, and even love to those who grow that way. You do not need to be the person running a special event or thread or own an amazing rare dragon to be this sort of person. When I speak of my forum buddies, I also add in a clause about people who have a good reputation and/or who are respected and known to have a good reputation. A good reputation and a good heart are not things you can sell or buy. They are things that exist and that reputation is earned through weeks, months and years of just being who you are. So for all of you in the Community like this, I want to say Thank You. For all the people in the Community who are still growing and don't feel they quite have the reputation and respect and scroll to show for their time and effort and caring yet - please don't think we don't recognize you either. You are the people we often appreciate the most because you are the current reason and future reasons this game will be a place we still wish to be involved. So thank you.

Here is my List of Accomplishments for this Thread for the Week (or 2 weeks or so):

1. Upgraded my O/S & Browsers - This may sound really dumb, but I've been on an *ANCIENT* one for a long time. Upgrading was long overdue. It keeps me a bit more sane that the internet still works well and I can play background noise and music while I'm here to keep focused.

2. Got the "Genius" Idea that I don't need people to bookmark and post threads to add to the Resource List. I can just open the Forum or Sub-Forum, bookmark all the most helpful, interesting, whatever sites, also off DC sites, and then make a list to add them as I feel in the mood. This is so much easier, why did I not think of this sooner!

3. I've enjoyed breeding commons like crazy for the Blocker Breeding Bonanza. This has helped keep the AP lowered, and given me a better idea of how to Group and sort my Dragons. I still also appreciate having this kind of event to donate some of my 2G Prize Babies. Others did it, and I am glad to follow in their footsteps and hopefully help spread the Prize love around.

4. I'm back into the game. Nothing Crazy, but I breed, I trade, I fill requests, and with your support I help update this Thread. And despite it seeming like small pebbles thrown down a well at times, I realized while I was away, all the awesome fun Player Activities that were ongoing and super awesome slowly began to slip away and disappear until there was not much of anything left. Fortunately, we've gotten some really great ones either started or restarted since then and I am honored to provide people a place to reference and gather, even if there isn't a lot of posting chatter. That is OK. I know people visit here, and I know people use this place to stay updated on events upcoming, currently running, and ongoing. Thank you for making this a Thread you are willing to follow or at least revisit. I will sometimes call this "My Thread" not because I feel I am the source of it, but because I feel it is like a precious baby to me I want to constantly foster and grow. But it is really "Our Thread." Thank you for visiting, even if you are not posting or following.

5. I am spending a bit too much time posting in other threads to remind people of things I should be posting here. So I am going to copy the most recent one I did, then edit it down (I'm very verbose in the moment) and probably make it a sort of "pinned" or linked article from the Front First Posts so it is easier to Reference. This is entitled something like "How to Reach Out & Promote & Share Events, Threads, and More to ALL Player Levels/Types to help Grow the involvement and size of active Community Members."

I did add a few more sites to the Reference Lists, but most importantly, I've been keeping very active on "Current and Upcoming Events," which is really the most critical aspect of this Thread. Since we don't have a "Game Calendar" to which we can make submissions so the entire site knows, this is the Player's Default version until we eventually have something like that created. Would it be better if we had a Google Calendar type thing that anyone could add to (once approved as a non crazy person) to add various upcoming fun they want to run, and link it from here, or do you think this is the best way for now? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Also: Note to MODs, I'm going to be posting like 3 Posts in a row dealing with different things. Sorry, I have a lot to say to break it up. I just want to be honest that I am not purposely trying to re-bump the thread. I think most of them are ok with understanding I do this once on awhile and it is a helpful resource for the Player Community, but I always like to make a notation so it doesn't seem abused and/or whacky. One Long Post when I have a few Updates would just cause those what I feel are very important pieces of information to turn into one long saga they would just lose everything. I'm still not as concise as I need to be. Thanks!

This is something I just wrote, and find myself constantly re-writing, for the Glittering Gold Giveaway, currently open for donations, and then open for free entries to anyone and everyone to win really awesome dragons of all sorts and kinds. Honestly, I don't know why we don't have more people show up. And I'm often more surprised that with as many active players as we have there, we don't actually have at least 20-60 more than we currently have. Not that I think we need to add that many active players, but it is a really awesome simple raffle/giveaway event, and I think having it active will help spawn and encourage more people to try running these, even if they are just something they do just do as a one-off or a rare once in awhile thing due to the demand for it. So I'm gonna re-paste that essay on How to Share, Encourage, And Invite Other Players to Awesome Fun Events They Will More than Likely LOVE. I'll edit it down later and then link it from one of the first posts in this Thread. I forget that not everyone has that social community marketing I do (or did, once in real life, now mostly only online), and this is a way to help make it easier. Also without coming off as fake or an attempt to spam promote. I hope you find it helpful. Sorry it is a bit long, but I will edit it down in time:

I would like to "CHALLENGE" you to find at least 2 people you don't already know and invite them to a thread or event, or just make an offer to help or welcome them to the community and ask if they need help with anything in particular. ALSO - BONUS CHALLENGE, I would really love you to take events like The Glittering Gold Giveaway or The Blocker Breeding Bonanza, or this very own Player Activity & Events Thread, or other Fun Game, Activity and/or Gifting Threads or Help/Resource Threads or Sites out there and invite them to be aware and/or join, and to make a personal connection even if it is just something simple like saying Hello, offering to breed some BSA, incuhatch a few hatchlings, or share a few other threads they may find helpful if they like, but take your time with it. Do a few each week. Don't binge out. And feel free to reach out to *ALL* player types. Many you may not hear back from, but they will still visit and potentially join your reference. Some will appreciate the random Hello from someone in the Community and have a greater appreciation of our community. Some will just write back "Hey Thanks for Letting me know!" and will go join, and not ask anything else in return. And finally, you may hear back from someone that with your offer of whatever will really help them out and they will be greatly appreciative. More than you may ever realize. And these people are the current and future of our core active community that makes DC a place worth coming back to no matter how long you've been here. Ultimately, this is an investment into the community you enjoy and love, and a way to pay it forward for others who did the same to you, sometimes even randomly out of nowhere, in the past.

1. The Introduction Thread is a GREAT Place to find people, even if just to welcome them to the game and share a few resources or make a few offers of help to make them feel more comfortable in taking on "The Forums" (they can seem very overwhelming at first!!). But sometimes it is also better to go some pages BACK as those players, if they still have been active, will have grown their scroll enough. Additionally, they probably could still use an offer for help. This is a great place for them to have fun and get help and resources and meet awesome people all in one shot. I still always recommend looking at their posting history, reading their signatures and profiles so you can find out the things they like and personalize your PM. That can include things like pointing out a few places they might find interesting on the forum (not just Gifting/Help threads) and/or extending a hand to answer some questions, give some tips (always recommend upcoming Holiday craziness prep to make it easier) or other offers to breed, catch, whatever a few dragons of their choice (nothing crazy).

2. Gifting Threads, especially some of the ones most frequented by newer to growing players. If you aren't sure which cater more to bronze to silver to newer gold trophy/scroll levels, take a look thru the Trading Thread and they are pretty easy to find. Also WishList and other specialized threads where people can make giant Wishlists of anything and everything regardless of impossible it might be can also be very helpful. Again, all the advice on the above, and sometimes it is best to start with actually taking a few minutes to look at their scroll, their posting history, their WishLists and prior & current requests, and send a GLOMP gift or an offer to help in some way. We are seeking to bring players to become even more involved with the Community in places all over the game and our forums, and let them know most of us are awesome people who are kind and caring and love having a good time. This thread is a pretty easy place to suggest people watch, join, sign up and do free entries, follow the thread, share with others, donate now or in the future if they like, etc. as it is ongoing and very simple. So again, all of the above.

3. Don't send out 3000 PMs to various people in a small time frame. Pace yourself so you don't fall into a spamming potential warning trap just because you are overly excited and passionate about this. Limit yourself to a certain number per week. We are making connections with real people, not Human versions of Russian Bots. Be prepared that you may get a response (usually very kind and thankful) and they may take you up on an offer you made. Make sure you are willing to follow through, and/or also where to point them to keep them going and growing as they continue their play.

4. Holiday Craziness is one of the *BEST* times to send out tips and tricks as a lot of players may or may not know what is coming, or only have done it once or twice and every year we just seem to get bigger and better on our various fun from the DC Admins and Artists. But you can always give out advise on playing the game in general. Reminding people to stock pile BSAs, letting them learn about "clean and patterned" lineages earlier on, various sites that have lots of helpful information or helpful hatcheries, or whatever, are always good things to know. Share your wisdom, but remember we are talking to real people involved in the game we love and they may grow to be some of our most awesome fellow donators and Community Involvement People in a short time or longer time as they continue to play. We want to retain as many players as possible, but it is even more exciting if they become engaged. And if people only play casually, that is ok too. We all need time off, to balance work and life, and all know plenty of older players who make reappearances during certain big Holidays and Holiday events. No matter how they want to play, no way is wrong, and it is likely they will grow and discover and change over the months and years. So feel free to share some of the biggest days and dates if they are more casual, and make sure you are always providing information that is not only helpful, but you are remembering we are all people and to personalize the conversation and point them to things that they may find most interesting. Even if it is just an entire Forum or Sub-Forum.

5. If you really like helping younger and growing players, maybe you should consider becoming involved with more ongoing gifting and request filing, create your own niche, or even keep an eye out on when their are openings for DC Mentors. But most importantly is that this is something we do as an ongoing slow build, so we aren't just all spamming the same people with similar sounding pitches to get them to come join these amazing free raffles. I mean - it is hard to say - Who wouldn't know about a totally free and so simple way to win pretty amazing dragons you CHOOSE and is an ongoing thing. But never assume. Some people are very shy, and some people are not native English speakers, or they are just trying the game and it is just not the right time for them and they were about to give it up. So always be respectful.

6. Again, to push this point, it is better to set goals to work on finding and personally inviting a set smaller number group of people as an ongoing way you work on building and creating the Player Community involvement then going on some crazy binge one weekend. We'd rather this be something you enjoy doing. And if you are shy with talking or speaking or interaction, a smaller number over time also helps you to work on that fear or anxiety.

I hope that is helpful. Get ready to do some donations! I'm gonna go follow my own advice and crack some of these Lower AP dragons open to donate because if I've been part of breeding them, I should also be part of gifting them and I have far more hatchling slots than egg slots! Something I highly recommend each time we go round. So let those people who love to breed and gift its time to dust off their dragons and provide a few lovely shinies, and also to invite those who still do not know about this place (unfortunately, the Admins cannot really promote a particular Player Thread - that could be seen as favoritism and their job is to run the game, not run Player Events) so that is *OUR* job. If you enjoy events like this, and would like to see more grow, as a one time thing or something here and there for a Group or Individual or to grow larger where we have multiple player events ongoing like we have in the past, we need people, not just the older ones who remember, but new fresh blood to stay involved. And it is *OUR* job to let our fellow players know about these. If you are not going to personally run an event, in addition to supporting and donating and participating, the *TRUE* best gift you can give is the gift of inviting others to join in. This is one of the most helpful things you can do for the person running and/or coordinating the event. More people generates more excitement generates more gratitude and happy feelings that is the reason that people are willing and able to continue to give the time and energy (and it is a lot) to run these things.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help keep these people knowing how much we appreciate them, and helping them grow the reach of what they do without overwhelming them!

Edited by Natayah

Simple Final Request:

Would you make a post answering one (or more) of the following questions so I can gauge my current reach with this thread, or a general idea?

1. Do you either follow, visit, or use this thread? If so, for what? And if so, do you share that info with other people?

2. What is your current favorite thing(s) going on in DC game & forums lately or upcoming (including Holidays)?

3. What are your favorite dragon(s)?

4. What is/are your favorite moments or memories of being gifted, personally gifting, winning or getting lucky, or other fond memories from DC?

5. What are some of your favorite or most beloved dragons on your scroll? Anything special you want to share about them that makes them special? (From Funny to Rare to Beloved Gifts or Lucky Catches/Names and more). Try to limit to 10 or less.

6. If you could change anything about the DC game, what would you change and why? (KEEP IT POSITIVE)

7. Either: Who are some of the people who have helped you out over the years that you would like to mention or thank (even if you just share the story and keep their name anonymous or something in general)?

8. What are some of your favorite DC sites, Threads, Events, etc. that you most like (and why if you want to share - please limit to five or less)

9. What are some things that people do not know about you (that you would be willing to share)?

10. Has DC itself or anything particular thing about it helped you positively during your time around here?

11. What is your favorite way to play? What is your favorite way to "give back" if you do such a thing?

12. If you write descriptions for your Dragons, are there a few favorites you love to share or show off (Please Limit it to 5-10)

13. If I was to set up another Poll, what do you think the Question should be?

14. I write a lot of "essays" about various topics. What is a topic you would either like to see an essay, or various essays about, or a collection of various Players Tips, Tricks, and/or Wisdom on that Topic?

15. Do you have a few favorite names and/or codes on your scroll particularly love? Share them! (Please Max 10!)

16. What do you think would be a Fun "Theme" for a Breeding Event (from large to small) that specifically required people to breed responsible pretty lineages. Even if it is meant as a small one, or large one!

17. What are some of your favorite things in life, from small things to big things! (Please Max 5-10!)

18. How Long have you been Playing? What are your Current Goals in DC? Or in Life if  you prefer, or in both?

19. Would you like me to do ongoing "Questions of the Month" for people to post and share? If so, do you have any suggestions (Max 5-10 please!) or do you prefer this being more of a reference site focused on the Reference List for ongoing sites that are always helpful to know and upcoming or currently running Events and Player Related Fun?

20. Would you like to see more cooperative events where various Groups, Threads, Projects, etc. cross promote and work together, or do you not have any idea of what this is like? If so, any ideas of what you'd like to see?

Bonus: Or just post something. Even something small - please! I would **GREATLY** Appreciate It!!!!

It is ok to break up your posts..... If I do this in the future, it won't be ANYTHING like this long. Just a few questions for people to answer so we can keep up with each other and so others can get to know you better if you like! Or not if you prefer the reference, but I want to get a bit of group engagement once in awhile here so people can say "Hello!" and hopefully learn more about each other than just "Oh yah, that is the person who I do dragon stuff with, they are cool..."

**CURRENTLY OPEN: THE GLITTERING GOLD GIVEAWAY - ACCEPTING DONATIONS NOW, THEN OPEN FOR MOST EVERYONE FOR **FREE** ENTRIES TO WIN TONS OF AMAZING & WONDERFUL DRAGONS - YOU DO NOT NEED TO DONATE TO ENTER, JUST ENTER, TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO COME JOIN THE FUN & WIN FREE AWESOME STUFF (WE WANT YOU TO ENTER & WIN AWESOME DRAGONS - NO NEED TO DONATE - BUT PLEASE LET OTHERS KNOW TO JOIN THE FUN TOO!!**

Details: Time To Submit Donations, but FREE ENTRIES get accepted in just a FEW DAYS, So share with everyone and anyone who either likes to win free awesome stuff (sometimes multiple) and/or wants to gift & Donate. **ALL** Donations are accepted (but if you think you don't have anything worth donating or any space, see my info on hatchlings from the AP in a few sentences!), they do NOT have to fit the Theme, but if you can focus on the Theme if you want! Hint for BOSS DONATIONS: Save Your Valuable Egg Space and instead take a space or two to Incuhatch/Hatch some of those awesome Low Time Donations from the AP! Everyone *LOVES* Hatchlings and you have TONS of more hatchlings slots thank you do egg slots! This leaves you free to try & find breeds specific to the donation if you want, just donate hatchlings, make a donation no matter how many awesome dragons  you do or don't have, **AND** you keep those valulable Egg Slots **OPEN** for whatever you need! Also BSA Hatchlings are *ALWAYS* Super Popular, Especially to add to those BSA Armies we build to help us all year, but especially Holidays!, The Information below was taken direction from the Thread, but I recommend actually "Following" the GGG thread as it is the one of the few if not only ONGOING FREE RAFFLE and you always want to keep an eye on this thread (at least once a week) as it is a ton of fun and involves lots of awesome people and even super rare dragons, as well as super helpful & beautiful dragons!

Raffle Theme: Fire
Donation Status: OPEN
Donations Acceptance Start: 8/16 at 7:00 PM EST
Donation Acceptance End: 8/17 at 7:00 PM EST
Raffle Status: CLOSED
Raffle Start: 8/17 at 9:00 PM EST
Raffle End: 8/18 at 9:00 PM EST

Now Accepting Donations!

This week's theme is fire. Some suggested breeds for donation are:

-Fire Gem,-Spitfire,-Yellow-Crowned, -Avatar of Destruction, -Red,-Hellfire,-Pyro Xenowyrm,-Magma,-Pyrovar,-Ember

Edited by Natayah

1. Do you either follow, visit, or use this thread? If so, for what?

Yes. For curiousity :D

2. What is your current favorite thing(s) going on in DC game & forums lately or upcoming (including Holidays)?

Bingo. Go Fish. The holiday season(s) will be madness with the holiday biome and lineages XD

Storms. Mageias.

MANY others.

Specifically hatchies: Gemshards, ungendered Melismors, Scripts, ungendered Tinsels - so cute!

4. What is/are your favorite moments or memories of being gifted, personally gifting, winning or getting lucky, or other fond memories from DC?

My first Shimmerscale. It was very unexpected and made me smile all over for the rest of the day :) Thanks @purpledragonclaw!

6. If you could change anything about the DC game, what would you change and why? (KEEP IT POSITIVE)

Bring back HMs, and the option to select codes - the latter maybe as a Market item? :lol: Also, purple and grey Stripeds. And a Green Tea (alt of Black Tea).

7. Either: Who are some of the people who have helped you out over the years that you would like to mention or thank (even if you just share the story and keep their name anonymous or something in general)?

Too many! Luckily :)

8. What are some of your favorite DC sites, Threads, Events, etc. that you most like (and why if you want to share - please limit to five or less)

Lovely Commons! Lairs and Layers of Dragons! And the Z project, of course.

10. Has DC itself or anything particular thing about it helped you positively during your time around here?

Sure does. Takes my mind off of real-life things.

11. What is your favorite way to play? What is your favorite way to "give back" if you do such a thing?

I don't think one needs to focus on "giving back" if you just use all the options the game and the forum offers. Even your breeding fails may benefit someone else. Contributing in the forum may tell someone else what they didn't know yet, or just give them a grin, smirk, laugh. Like, giving back comes naturally with being active, I think.

12. If you write descriptions for your Dragons, are there a few favorites you love to share or show off (Please Limit it to 5-10)

Zmobie, Beauty of Ugliness and Worshipper of Ugliness, her recently discovered mate :D

14. I write a lot of "essays" about various topics. What is a topic you would either like to see an essay, or various essays about, or a collection of various Players Tips, Tricks, and/or Wisdom on that Topic?

"How to gain back that attention span that the internet has cost you over the years of short texts" :blink:

15. Do you have a few favorite names and/or codes on your scroll particularly love? Share them! (Please Max 10!)

Pseudobushiahugiflora (from my favourite DOS game :lol:), (Sect), (Livya), (Tomya)

16. What do you think would be a Fun "Theme" for a Breeding Event (from large to small) that specifically required people to breed responsible pretty lineages. Even if it is meant as a small one, or large one!

"Opposites attract!" Create 3rd to 5th gen lineages with 2 to 4 breeds that are thematically opposite to each other (e.g. fire and water, magi and magic-cancelling, or some rock-paper-scissors constellations?)

19. Would you like me to do ongoing "Questions of the Month" for people to post and share?

That sounds like a fun thing! :D

Bonus: Or just post something.

Something. (pm me if you'd like offspring from one of these) (not sure if this is allowed here so I'm whispering, kinda)

Simple Final Request:

Would you make a post answering one (or more) of the following questions so I can gauge my current reach with this thread, or a general idea?

1. Do you either follow, visit, or use this thread? If so, for what? And if so, do you share that info with other people?

I visit randomly. No, I don't really share.

Bingo. Slimeridge Love.

Silver shimmers, Truffles, Pillows - too many really. I could tell you my least favourites but that would be rude.

My first Shimmer, totally out of the blue - and from Jewel, yet. Thanks _Z_. My first 2 gen prize - also out of the blue,and the donor prefers anonymity - you know who you are :) Oh - and some Neglected totally unexpected gifts.

5. What are some of your favorite or most beloved dragons on your scroll? Anything special you want to share about them that makes them special? (From Funny to Rare to Beloved Gifts or Lucky Catches/Names and more). Try to limit to 10 or less.

That would take me SO long. But there's always this, and his family: https://dragcave.net/lineage/X8Gb0

They are just so very funny,

Prizes in the store. Even costing an arm and several legs.

Too many - but especially Sock, _Z_, Purpledragonclaw, Amazon warrior, oddsoxdi - and so many more.

Bingo. Z project. Evina's, AOND.

9. What are some things that people do not know about you (that you would be willing to share)?

If I were willing to share, you'd already know them :ph34r:

Only that it's fun.

Collect and breed. Giving back - well, I glomp; I run the occasional Bingo...

https://dragcave.net/view/XCfvhttps://dragcave.net/view/kBSg, https://dragcave.net/view/TBnj, https://dragcave.net/view/UROt

https://dragcave.net/view/ZI3p

Something to which you want to know the answer ... XD 

Too many...

18. How Long have you been Playing? What are your Current Goals in DC? Or in Life if  you prefer, or in both?

Since 2010. And I have no idea. I am too old to have goals any more.

19. Would you like me to do ongoing "Questions of the Month" for people to post and share? If so, do you have any suggestions (Max 5-10 please!) or do you prefer this being more of a reference site focused on the Reference List for ongoing sites that are always helpful to know and upcoming or currently running Events and Player Related Fun?

Sure - go for Questions of the month !

20. Would you like to see more cooperative events where various Groups, Threads, Projects, etc. cross promote and work together, or do you not have any idea of what this is like? If so, any ideas of what you'd like to see?

To be honest - I don't have the time to get involved that much.

Bonus: Or just post something. Even something small - please! I would **GREATLY** Appreciate It!!!!

Um -

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If I were willing to share, you'd already know them :ph34r:

Hah! I was thinking the same - after 9 years here! :lol:

Lol, Fuzz. The leek spin. I am away from the computer, but I'll either edit this post or post a new one shortly.

1. Do you either follow, visit, or use this thread? If so, for what? And if so, do you share that info with other people? I visit and use the thread for activities. I don't really share that much.

2. What is your current favorite thing(s) going on in DC game & forums lately or upcoming (including Holidays)? Halloween is coming. LOL

3. What are your favorite dragon(s)? Sweetlings

4. What is/are your favorite moments or memories of being gifted, personally gifting, winning or getting lucky, or other fond memories from DC? My two CB golds, my neglecteds, and most of my 2nd gen prizes were gifts. I won the other ones.

5. What are some of your favorite or most beloved dragons on your scroll? Anything special you want to share about them that makes them special? (From Funny to Rare to Beloved Gifts or Lucky Catches/Names and more). Try to limit to 10 or less.  I love them all. 

6. If you could change anything about the DC game, what would you change and why? (KEEP IT POSITIVE) Clearly posted rules. And a gift hub. Interscroll breeding. More egg slots. 

7. Either: Who are some of the people who have helped you out over the years that you would like to mention or thank (even if you just share the story and keep their name anonymous or something in general)? I love all my gifters and secret santa buddies and my frequent trading partners.

8. What are some of your favorite DC sites, Threads, Events, etc. that you most like (and why if you want to share - please limit to five or less) I like allure of neglected dragons, silvi's lair, and the wiki. 

9. What are some things that people do not know about you (that you would be willing to share)? I have a small collection of crystals.

10. Has DC itself or anything particular thing about it helped you positively during your time around here? When I feel bored or lonely, I like to hop on DC. I've gotten a few gifts out of the blue during bad weeks.

11. What is your favorite way to play? What is your favorite way to "give back" if you do such a thing? I collect stuff and let them grow. I like giving away stuff via PM or in the departure thread.

12. If you write descriptions for your Dragons, are there a few favorites you love to share or show off (Please Limit it to 5-10) I'm pretty new to describing. Here are my two described dragons: https://dragcave.net/view/DdYZ and https://dragcave.net/view/xOoOT

13. If I was to set up another Poll, what do you think the Question should be? *shrug*

14. I write a lot of "essays" about various topics. What is a topic you would either like to see an essay, or various essays about, or a collection of various Players Tips, Tricks, and/or Wisdom on that Topic? One on trading. 

15. Do you have a few favorite names and/or codes on your scroll particularly love? Share them! (Please Max 10!) I like them all. 

16. What do you think would be a Fun "Theme" for a Breeding Event (from large to small) that specifically required people to breed responsible pretty lineages. Even if it is meant as a small one, or large one! By colors. 

17. What are some of your favorite things in life, from small things to big things! (Please Max 5-10!) Cats, cheese, hot tea. 

18. How Long have you been Playing? What are your Current Goals in DC? Or in Life if  you prefer, or in both? I've been playing since 2009. I'd like to win a prize dragon. 

19. Would you like me to do ongoing "Questions of the Month" for people to post and share? If so, do you have any suggestions (Max 5-10 please!) or do you prefer this being more of a reference site focused on the Reference List for ongoing sites that are always helpful to know and upcoming or currently running Events and Player Related Fun? I like both. 

20. Would you like to see more cooperative events where various Groups, Threads, Projects, etc. cross promote and work together, or do you not have any idea of what this is like? If so, any ideas of what you'd like to see? This seems like lots of work. 

BONUS: 

Edited by Jazeki

I forgot how much I love that mean kitty song

@Jazekia ndand LOL TO @Ruby EyesAnd @Fuzzbucket on the you would already know.... That is so true. 

So I will share a DC Joke dedicated to you both: What do you call someone who coordinates the shipment logistics of Dragon Cashmere? FUZZ TruckIt

What do you call it when someone hates the act of adding flour or other starches to thicken sauces especially into things like gravies or stews? RueDespise

That second one took a lot more stretching

I pop in every now and then and put a link to here in my sig, hopefully that directs some more eyes here!

A lot of the old gifting threads have died out due to inactivity (unfortunately) so my answer nowadays would be the Glittering Gold Giveaways, Jazeki's Holidaykin Mass Breeding and the Blocker Breeding Bonanza. I'm certainly looking forward to the Holidays, got pretty much everything I need except some really difficult mates. The Abandoned Page is always my favorite place on DC itself.

Flamingos and Azure Glacewings. I like a lot of dragons though, there are very few I'm not fond of.

My most recent happy memory is winning a CB Gold in the BBB contest - it was the very last caveborn dragon I needed to fulfill my scroll goals. While I was delighted to see the Dragon Market and had no issue waiting until I had saved up enough shards for one, this was even better. :)

Athurok, my first CB Gold and I actually found him as a gendered hatching in the AP way back in 2008. I thought someone was maybe trying to AP trade him but couldn't find out who, and he ended up growing up on my scroll. Even though I ended up with an amazing rare dragon, I'm very glad we have teleport now and the old risks we had to take are no longer necessary for trading/gifting.

Arlya Thuwed, my first Holly - she was an extremely nice gift back in 2010 when players were still fighting to have any Holly regardless of lineage. She was my only Holly until four years later! Even though I've become VERY selective in lineages since then and she's not my nicest Holly anymore, it's still a great memory.

Both of my 2G Silver Tinsels were gifts from two different but amazing people, I've interacted with a number of very kind CB Tinsel owners that have helped me out with gifts, mate-building, etc.

A wonderful user gifted me (T3Rcs) and I was like NO WAY, I never expected to find a code that looked even remotely like my name. :D

Hmm, that's a good question... I wouldn't say no to more egg slots, or Prizes in the Market. An incubate for hatchlings would be great. I'm an AP hunter and while I do breed nice things straight to the AP, I wish I could convince more people to do so as well. I know it's considered Dragcave's garbage dump, but treasure hunting is so much fun and I feel a sense of accomplishment when I manage to catch something really nice - even a common with a nice lineage is a thrill. I don't get the same feeling while trading or even cave hunting. I suppose the mass breeds are a good start!

I'd have sooo many people to list since I've been playing for so long, I'd feel bad if I forgot to include someone. I've made liberal use of the Thank You thread however - I highly recommend it! Gratitude is fun.

One thread I didn't mention earlier in this Q&A is the Great Lineages Found in the AP, I post my finds there almost every week and I know personally that having something you bred show up there makes you feel pretty dang good! It's kinda my way of showing that even things tossed to the AP can make someone happy, so hopefully breeders won't feel like sending stuff to the AP is a waste.

When I first started playing I had a scroll rule that I could not keep any eggs bred by me, even though I was an obsessive breeder early on. Mainly to encourage myself to part with nice eggs and share the love. When I got into lineages a few years later I stopped following that rule, as I realized I could build even more nice lineages myself by keeping some of my eggs for projects and therefore have even more nice dragons to breed for the AP. Or gift directly to people, or donate for games and raffles!

I've never played a game for nearly 10 years straight before, no long hiatuses or breaks. So DC has become almost something of a routine for me, I usually first log in at the same time I eat breakfast and then check periodically throughout the day. So I would say DC gives me consistency in a life that generally full of crazy random inconsistency, which I find is a relief.

I love to breed and build lineages, especially checkers. My preferred way of giving back is sending nice things to the AP (where I get most of my dragons).

I'm uncreative and dumb so none of my dragons are described. I just settle with naming 99% of them instead.

Maybe something that asks how long people have been playing? I'm curious if it's mostly us oldies that read here, how many newer players have seen this thread? People seem to like polls more than posting too.

I like Jazeki's idea of a topic about Trading. I'm not a big trader so it's something I could learn from.

I have some neatly coded dragons, (Matt), (Lisa), (Leet) and (STFU) were very cool finds back during the days of 4 character codes.

Hmm, I really like the Holidaykin Mass Breed and the other ones that Sock used to do. I'm not that creative so coming up with ideas is tough! Maybe a longish breeding event where people aim to bred specific lineage types each day? One day is checker day, another is stair day, spiral day, purebred day, etc? These lineages are the commonly seen ones but I do know people who like oddities like arrows so perhaps there could be an "everything else" day.

17. What are some of your favorite things in life, from small things to big things! (Please Max 5-10!)

You mean life outside DC? What the heck??

To be serious, the boy in my avatar was my favorite thing in life and I miss him intensely. I'm a pretty boring person so for me there were few things better than browsing the internet in peace and quiet, with a purring cat in your lap.

My first dragon was born on September 8th 2008, so I'm coming up on 10 years of playing this game. My goal was to have two CB pairs of every breedable dragon, and by my own standards I completed that a couple weeks ago. I mean, I don't have any CB Prize dragons but I think it's too unrealistic to expect 4 of each of them - I'll most likely die of old age before that happens. XD So right now I don't have a set goal, just working on my many breeding projects.

An ongoing QotM with say, a handful of questions each month could be fun! The longer ones are harder to tackle - it reminds me of doing those huge question surveys in that online journal many of us had like ten years ago. Simpler back when I was younger but now it's pretty rare that I don't have something interrupting me when I'm typing so I like smaller posts.

Would this be like groups and projects posting in each other's thread? Or linking to each other? Or making one big thread? I don't think I've really seen threads work together with other threads outside of here so I'm not sure what it would look like.

For Everyone: Below is an FYI if you would Like to Post in this Thread That You Take Breeding Requests. It is not a Set of "Rules". But I would like to See more of these posts here, there are just a few Guidelines most of you Already Know:

Anyone may make posts in this thread that you are Open for Breeding Requests. You may also reference your Profile, Signature, or link to other Groups, Sites, Profiles, Posts in Other Threads, ETC that you have created to share your Breeding Requests available. You can make general "I Take Breeding Requests." I'd *LOVE* to see more posts like thisbecause Player Breedings, Even Personal, are a Player Event & Activity, and I appreciate so many who are willing to offer it.  However, there are a few things you cannot post here (and I know you all won't, but I still have to say it), because if these things are in your Post, it turns that Post into a "Trading Post" or a "Club" or "Breeding Forum" and that is against the rules for the Forum in general or the "Site Discussion" subforum.

Things you CANNOT LIST OR POST

1. Your Breed Offerings need to be Free. If some have a small cost (like Common Dragons), it can also be posted, but it can't be specifically stated. Anything higher in cost *CANNOT* be posted. You can re-post this information no more than twice a month, with at least 1 week in between postings.

2. You MAY NOT post your "Rules and/or Requirements" for breeding requests, even simple things like Don't Kill it, Must be Silver Trophy or Less, etc., because any restriction causes potential issues. INSTEAD post the link to your "Rules" or tell them where they can easily read them (Like Your Sig or Profile). If you want to remind people that you are happy to take free breeding requests, and it is the same exact same post, please don't post that more than once every two weeks, Although I'd love if you do vary it a bit. I offer this so you all can "remind" people you love to breed and they can get free awesome dragons, especially if you aren't getting many requests and want to kick off a reminder for people to find. Or have in demand lines open and are ready to take more requests or have more time to do it in general right now vs during the holiday craziness.

3. I Love when people Cross Promote, and that is one of the few ways you can post more than 2 times per month. Like limited time for Holidays. Generally, the best way to do it is to advertise BOTH The Thread where that is the focus & you are signed up (there is usually always a Thread), and you can also link to your specific post of what YOU have available. Or Other Links References. So you promote two things at once.

4. If you want to do or currently do or want to consider starting something special that helps specific people like "Breeding BSA or generic Hatchlings for No Trophy to Bronze to Silver" Scrolls, Give certain level of Scrolls "Free 3G or 2G Prize Lines who have none or few" or something specific, send me a PM. That is more of an ongoing event. Or make a post you are interested in this, and we'll create it as something this Thread Does, and if it takes off enough, we'll kick it off into its own thread or organize a way to communicate for the multiple volunteers. That is more specialized and deserves special attention. If it is listed as something in your Sig, Profile, Dragon List or whatever that you will do that for certain people, as long as it isn't specifically pointed out in your post and people find it once they follow the link/read the Profile, then you are fine to do almost anything you want.

Edited by Natayah

*scratches head* I don't have any requirements to put anywhere ...

it was just a random idea when I stumbled upon that group in my list that I had made for someone else's raffle thread and thought I could put the dragons in there to good use, but I'm sorry if I made stuff difficult or somesuch ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@Ruby Eyes Sorry if I sounded as harsh or picky. I would love people to make a post to remind the Community they are open to taking Breeding Requests. I just wanted to make sure if someone decides to do it, there are a few guidelines, in retrospect, not sure if it really made sense so I tried to shorten it.

Edited by Natayah

I am just removing this post as it is confusing and a tangent I didn't mean to start. If we want to have our own Party or Event or do something special within this Thread to celebrate the people who do so much, or make it a celebration of highlighting those people with an open for everyone special Raffle or something, we'll figure that out later.

Edited by Natayah

I have lost the plot here. But my sig says I will breed for free, and I DO get requests...

See Updated Post Above, I would Love People to Post they are Open For Breeding Requests. I know people see it in your Forum Signature and Profile, but sometimes we really have extra time or something really special and would like to use that time & let more people know. See Post Above for Guidelines if You'd Like to do that, and while I encourage these posts from people who have awesome dragons to give away for free because not everyone always realizes, it is not something you HAVE to do, just something available, with a few obvious guidelines if you *WANT* to do it. I've met many Breeders who are very sad they hardly get requests. This is what I offer to remedy that situation.

Eventually I'd like to make a big spreadsheet of all the Bigger Breeders with Great Dragons who Breed for Free (or almost Free) and link to all your information, even if it is JUST your Profile/Sig and Dragon Scroll, but a *LOT* of people have organized spreadsheets, sites, DC Dragon Groups or more. They put a lot of work into those, and I'd love to see that work be put to good use and make sure you are able to Breed and Help others as much as you wish to do so. That's All. I'll look at that after the Holidays if there is an interest in it by that time. I've not had many nibbles on that idea yet, but its time will come.

Edited by Natayah

I just wanted to say that I will breed almost anything on my scroll for free [not my CB prize] and I have been following this thread, even if I haven't posted much 🙂

I follow it, but I'm not sure whether I'm doing it right - I don't want an email digest, I just want notifications when someone posts, like when someone mentions me. Is there a setting?

I'm always looking forward to holidays!

I'll always love Vines best of all. My favorite pairing is Grave/Blusang, but I feel like I'm the only one on the whole site breeding them. I'm also in love with M Silver/F Moonstone. Mistletoe/M Witchlight.  Have I mentioned my epic Vine/Olive lineage, years in the making? I'm a big Xenowyrm fan - including Pyros, which seem to get no love. Huh.. it seems like all my passion is for pairings, rather than individual breeds. Except for my signature Vines.

Two years ago I got glomped with this guy; I'm a big Transformers fan, so if there was any Prize I'd love to have offspring from, it's Sixshot, and it felt really special.

When it comes to clicksites, I don't use it as much as I should, but I really love Daily Dragon Fix. It's very satisfying to keep the site "tidy" by clicking dragons that have grown up or been fogged.

I'd say I'm a collector, but not a hoarder. I don't build armies. But I don't write descriptions or give them personalities. I don't care about worldbuilding; in fact, I actively dislike the way recent holiday events have centered around "the land of Galsreim".

Well, I give all my dragons the Thornhedge name. I don't know if that's something that was more common or more popular when I started playing, but I've seen that practice get some hate. But the only special names (kind of) are groups - all my golds are named after Doctor Who characters, all my Silvers are named after Star Wars Imperial or First Order officers, and all my Prizes are named for Bjork songs. My holidays all have particular naming schemes, but that's kind of a different situation, I think.

19. Would you like me to do ongoing "Questions of the Month" for people to post and share?

Yeah, kind of. I'm not good at making friends, and that's not necessarily why I get on the forums, but it's always nice to learn about each other, even if we don't get close.

20. Would you like to see more cooperative events where various Groups, Threads, Projects, etc. cross promote and work together, or do you not have any idea of what this is like?

It does sound neat, but I'm not sure what it would be like, no.

WARNING: THIS VIDEO HAS HEAVY STEVEN UNIVERSE SPOILERS

While I wanted to make a reminder that The Glittering Gold Giveaway is Open for Donations, and then Open Shortly for Free Entries, and please, if you are willing, invite some of our players to this event and others, I think it was easier to just copy the 3 biggies I have on the First Page, so I have. Especially as the GGG Theme is Holidaykin, and the Holidaykin Breeding Event is just around the corner! And still time to get involved on the BBB Breeding to Win Prizes Bonanza as well. Make sure to continue to check out the Newest Round of Bingo in the Forum Games (still open for sign up, just started 24-48 hours ago) & the ongoing Art Projects including our awesome Photography Contests - those are always ongoing! So With Migraine, I'm cheating a bit...

** THE GLITTERING GOLD GIVEAWAY - ONLY ONGOING RAFFLE MULTIPLE TIMES PER MONTH - OPEN FOR DONATIONS NOW - GET THEM IN WHILE YOU CAN, THEME IS HOLIDAY-KIN, BUT EVERYTHING IS ACCEPTED, SO MANY PARTICIPATE SO THIS IS A GREAT CHANCE TO DONATE SOME OF YOUR PRETTIER AND USEFUL LOVELIES AND TO ENTER TO WIN AWESOME STUFF TOTALLY FREE - THAT WILL BE OPEN IN JUST A DAY OR TWO SO FOLLOW THE THREAD & KEEP AN EYE ON IT!**

** BLOCKER BREEDING BONANZA: DO YOU WANT TO WIN A RARE 2G GOLD PRIZE, OTHER RARE LOW GEN PRIZE LINES, RARE SPRITERS ALTS LINES, RARE CB EGGS (LIKE GOLDS!) & MORE?? JUST BREED SOME DRAGONS, POST YOUR GROUP AND YOU COULD WIN AMAZING RARE THINGS YOU COULD ONLY DREAM OF BEING ABLE TO ATTAIN - AND HELP KEEP AP TIMES LOW & MORE! TELL YOUR FRIENDS & THOSE WHO WANT RARE PRIZES BUT DON'T THINK THEY CAN EASILY GET THEM!

**HOLIDAY BREEDING ALERT: JAZEKI'S HOLIDAYKIN MASS BREED THREAD: GET SIGNED UP & READY! NEED A SPECIFIC HOLIDAY-KIN MATE? REQUEST THEM IN THE THREAD NOW!! BE READY FOR IT!!**

Edited by Natayah

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

The current Photo Contest voting is OPEN!

Go. Vote.

1. Please Go Vote - The Pictures this round are amazing and inspiring and while it is a fun event, it is even more fun to look at the submissions and to be really inspired. I almost feel like I want to go write a novel now (so I'll do a post here instead). The Theme is Vacation. Remember your Life Balance, and if you feel *REALLY* Inspired, why not join the next round, or consider writing up a Dragon Description or two this week? And if you write one, make sure you review a few too! (I'll talk more about Dragon Descriptions & Getting Involved with that over the weekend, but you can click some links in the first few posts for a place to start!)

2. Go ENTER To Win Free Awesome Amazing Dragons at The Glittering Gold Giveaways *TOTALLY FREE* - Make sure to Visit the Thread at least once a week (as these Giveaways are ongoing & frequent), consider following it which is so much easier so you can receive notifications of when to enter to win awesome stuff, and when you can also donate some awesome prizes for others to win and them drool all over your lovely dragons and contributions!

3. Be an Awesome Community Player and introduce these threads to at least one new person this week. Not necessarily brand new member (although you can find newer to growing members easiest by going back a few pages in the Introduction Threads, and keeping an eye on the Gifting Threads and especially look for Bronze to Silver and even Early Gold Trophies, although don't write off those Platinum Trophies either), just someone who may not know about these things. Be kind and remember - The Holiday Spirit can start *NOW* - you don't even have to gift dragons or time or mentoring, just giving new Information that starts others down the path of being more involved with various stuff will also cause them to do the same and get more involved. The one seed you plant today will not only pay it forward (and we all know we need to do that), but also ripple out in ways you will never know! Let's Start Some Ripples before or while the back to school end of summer start of Fall and soon Halloween Holiday Spree Craziness Starts!