Natayah

Player Activities & Events

Gratz, Toys! I know you've been trying for a bit and I can't wait to see what other creative works people add in and this is such an amazing offering I hope everyone shares with those who would really like a chance to win something special like this, and especially those who have a creative streak and want to have fun and share and/or maybe also win something. Hope everyone joins in while you still can!

10 Things to Do This Week (and upcoming weeks) To Have Fun & Help Others:

Sure, you may be busy prepping for holidays and spending time with family, starting school or other busy things. But if you get some down time and are looking for some other things to do or share, here might be an idea of some things:

1. Win a 2G Prize Dragon - Just Enter via Creative Writing/Fanfic for Miss Elizabeth's Creative Prize Contest - It ends on the 12th, so ... get your entries in, and/or this would be an awesome thing for people to share to encourage others as well!

2. Breed some BSA Type Dragons to the AP to help people prep for the Holidays. Does it also happen to be a nice line and/or Holidaykin? Double Win! Reds, Pinks and Magi always in heavy demand, but also our newer Aeons and Bolts will be super handy during the holidays. And if the AP is lower timed, you could grab some eggs and regift the eggs and/or hatch them and regift the hatchlings!

3. Hunting the AP for more than just BSA dragons? Clicking thru and find something nice but don't want to keep it? Consider posting it to the forums for an amount of time to give someone else a chance to grab it!

4. Lots of people are going to be Joining and/or Returning for the Holidays! Finding some of these folks? Consider sending them a Greeting or Hello! Also consider asking them if they need or want any help of any type, even just recommendations of threads that are the best places to find certain things!

5. Found a Thread or Site that is Fantastic and needs sharing, or a special upcoming event? Post it here! Is it something not on the list yet? PM me to add it! If you could make a quick description of the thread that would save me a lot of time! You can advertise anything here as long as it's related to this game in some way!

6. Are you one of those types who has lots of free time or gets a bit bored in between one Holiday event to the next? (We know some of you exist and envy your time!) Consider looking at some of our listed gifting and event threads. Some of these threads get MORE help during the holidays, but some of them get less. And sometimes people don't need as much help during the holidays because they are so busy, but sometimes they need MORE help because they don't really have the resources to help as much. Certain threads could really use some more hands. Why not take a look at the list and see there is anything you might to look at little _more_ during the holiday or finally take some time to join as part of your New Years Goals?

7. Are you getting into the Holiday Spirit and want to do something personally? Consider some Glomp Gifting! But if you really want to bite in, maybe run a one time only special lotto? Or give some type of game or event type a try. You could do it as a one time special thing. Or you could give it a trial run to see if it's something you might want to do again in the future and to learn from. There will be a lot more people around during the Holidays (pre Halloween all thru after Valentines), so this might be a good time if you feel like doing something "special." And if you don't want to do it on your own, consider posting here to see if someone or a team wants to join in for a group effort to make it even more special. You can work together if you like!

8. Have you tried out IRC yet and learned the basics of it? Even if you don't chat there a lot, I promise you will want to know the basics of how to use it for Holiday Breeding and Gifting and Swapping. Because it goes so much easier and faster in IRC. There are also some forum sites dedicated to this that you can join and/or help out with as well if you feel like doing that! Why not give them a try and look around and be prepared to join us during the start of the Holiday Breeding!

9. During the rush of the Holidays, there is plenty of down time. You may be focused on your projects. But while you are filled up with eggs and waiting, why not consider dusting off some of the dragons you may have forgotten about and consider breeding them to the AP. Trust me, many people will be hunting the AP looking for lower timed eggs. Especially people who play more during the holidays and newer folks or people looking to collect and find nice "surprises" there!

10. Make a post here and share some of thoughts and lessons and how you prepare for the holidays and deal with gifting! Share some gems that you find of great places to visit and join for Holiday Fun. Make a post and update us on how your gifting is going and things you've joined this year, and things you are looking to do in the next stages of your DC growth and fun. Say hello to the others! Any issues or areas you'd like advice on? This is a great place to ask it! And have you discovered some favorite threads you've enjoyed or plan on enjoying? Highlight them here and tell us about them, even if they are already on the lists in the first posts. Share with us the fun so we might have an idea of where we need to also check out for ourselves!

I start my first day at the new job tomorrow, have a small family emergency which should resolve itself this week, so I plan on having more time within the next 2 weeks. Basically just in time for Halloween? So Yay! I plan on updating the posts with the Holiday Help and resources Threads, but if you find them before I go searching, please share them and send me a PM so I can get them posted. Cuz while you will still small posts from me here and there, it is going to be another few weeks before I'm settled and can get back to a more regular playing mode. But it is coming and I'm excited and thanks for everyone who has used this thread while I was not around as much, and thanks to everyone who has participated, join, ran and advertised and shared your personal things or things you love. Please continue to do this so others can find this thread and find it useful. Thanks!

Edited by natayah

Four Holiday Fun & Gift Questions: Post Your Answers Below!

1. What is/are your favorite Holiday Activities or Things you do during this time on DC for the Holidays (Halloween thru Valentines and the prep before and in between)?

2.What are you planning/hoping to do to get into the Holiday spirit and share the Holiday Magic?

3. Would you be willing to share a special experience (or few) that has happened to you on DC that made your Holiday time and enjoyment here extra special? You can include why it was so special or any other details if you like!

4. What is a simple thing (or few) that people could do that is super easy but would really make people happy and enjoy themselves or have a better Holiday or DC experience so players can get ideas of things to share the Giving & Celebration?

Edited by natayah

I like questions, gifts, and fun!

1. I like the cave games! Well, I really like the ones where we can send gifts/greetings/flowers to other users, random or personalized, and I always enjoy building/decorating games. I liked the Mana Crush game (what was its name again?) I don't really love the rp adventure stories, but I'm sure I'm in the minority there.

There's something really satisfying about planning and charting Holiday lineages I need or want to build - in a notebook, in pencil, so I can really visualize what I want to do. Spreadsheets do notttttt work for me. Similarly, I love the Breeding Plans threads where I get to browse all the potential beautiful combinations I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

2. IRL? Gosh, Christmas is my everything. I decorate, I get really worked up about wrapping presents beautifully. I do not get tired of holiday music. It's a chiefly secular holiday for me but it fills me with joy and love for those all around me, and my holiday cheer is not feigned or artificial. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

I celebrate the Solstice as well, so it's also a time of solemn reflection on how interconnected all existence is, on a global and astronomical level, and a chance for meditation on endurance, sacrifice, and the faith that difficult times never last forever. And parties.

3. I've done DC Secret Santa twice now, and I plan to this winter as well. I was blown away by how generous everyone participating was, offering great finds all around so everyone could give - and get - super gifts.

Having joined in late 2008, I had access to everything except a Holly. I wanted a Holly; I needed a Holly. Tried to trade for it, but they were un. attainable. No chance of grabbing one of the few I saw in the AP. In 2013 I finally grabbed one, and only one. I named it Apotheosis, as it was the very representation of everything I could hope to achieve in this game. If I never got anything else, I'd have been satisfied. They were much more present in 2014, when I suppose enough people had them and bred them to tip over the rarity into something more accessible. I caught four more that year, a second adult and three to freeze, and accordingly named them Gratification, Fortuity, Luxury, and Extravagance.

4. Glomp gifting is really nice - it's sometimes frustrating to wait for PMs to go back and forth, but nothing cheers up the day like finding something you've been searching for sitting right in your inbox - or something you didn't even know you'd needed until you saw how magnificent it was! Secret Santa, for certain, but it is not super easy, at least not for me. But rewarding. And, honestly, reading the OT-allowed threads can give you an idea of who might be having a tough day - shoot them a PM saying something nice!

I use... I use a lot of dashes when I write conversationally. And parenthetical phrases.

Edited by sylviamaris

1. What is/are your favorite Holiday Activities or Things you do during this time on DC for the Holidays (Halloween thru Valentines and the prep before and in between)?

2.What are you planning/hoping to do to get into the Holiday spirit and share the Holiday Magic?

3. Would you be willing to share a special experience (or few) that has happened to you on DC that made your Holiday time and enjoyment here extra special? You can include why it was so special or any other details if you like!

4. What is a simple thing (or few) that people could do that is super easy but would really make people happy and enjoy themselves or have a better Holiday or DC experience so players can get ideas of things to share the Giving & Celebration?

Whoops. I nearly forgot about answering these.

1. My favorite activities are generally the gifting threads, like Secret Santa. As part of prep for the holidays, I contact everyone who requested holiday offspring from me to make sure that they are still interested. I also have been spending time breeding holidaykin every week in the hopes that users will be able to have a suitable mate for one of their dragons.

2. I breed my holidays for other people. Users can request holiday dragons throughout the year using my spreadsheet in my signature and when the holiday comes around, I give away (and trade) offspring from the dragons that weren't claimed.

3. Every year I get amazing gifts for Secret Santa. Last year's Halloween was really special because two users saw my signature and gifted me with a grave and a desipis from a spriter's alt pairing. I also don't have anyone special to share Valentine's Day with, so I'm glad that I get to spend it with DC.

4. Breed tons of pinks, reds, and magis before the holiday so that users can be BSA ready to grow their eggs. Also, if you are requesting an egg from someone, please maintain contact with the user and try to pick up your egg as soon as possible. Egg slots are limited and it isn't really fair to make the gifter take up space on their scroll because you aren't ready to take the egg yet.

Still adjusting to new job, but fortunately I'll still be here during the holidays and around more again when I'm used to this new schedule (M-F 9-5 I've never worked that shift before, but it's kinda nice I just gotta get used to not "sleeping in" or "staying up a bit later").

1. I think the Holiday Events are always pretty fantastic, but I really enjoy seeing the returning people and people around more often and getting to say hi and seeing them around. IRC also picks up it's traffic and it makes it easy to chat with some long time people and I love using IRC on the holidays themselves for breeding requests and gifts and such, it is so easy and so amazing and wonderful and so much faster than the forums (not that the forums aren't awesome too!!).

2. Honestly, I've never been a big "Holiday Person" because I'm used to being in a service industry that required me to always work on Holidays and that just really kills the Holiday "magic" for me. I can't remember the last time I had a really magical holiday. My parents made me start dreading holidays as a tween and onwards, so that kinda stuck. In my household we don't really make a fuss over forced commercialization of "holidays" and I like that. However, I am hoping that one day maybe I can find a reason to enjoy them again. That said, I also do enjoy the ideas of gratitude, giving, thanks, etc. in a genuine way every day. So if a Holiday brings those more into focus for people, and they enjoy them, then I enjoy watching them enjoy them and have always found various online communities to do fun things to make that time more fun whether you celebrate them directly or not.

3. There have been really special lines gifted to me (especially with like Spriters alts but also other things) that I was really delighted and felt very special to have received and been able to receive and I have always tried to gift it forward whenever I can because of that.

4. A few simple things: Join IRC especially during the breeding and gathering portions (trust me), join in the forums and groups and such cuz lots of fun things happen, breed BSAs to the AP before or between the Holidays, don't forget to dust off some of those nice lines that you've let sit around as fun "AP finds" for people who have time and want some other fun to do (even though you may be busy and filled yourself), and finally, if you find something nice in the AP you don't want to keep, or create something nice from the AP, try glomp gifting and/or posting to forums in Threads for FFA gifting and such. They are really great way to share them. if you don't have a lot of time just post it for 5-15 mins and if no one grabs it or responds chuck it back to the AP. But most of them go fast! And most importantly IMO:

Send PMs and Hellos to Special People. Tell them thank you or what you appreciate about them, or just a welcome back/Hello if you haven't seen them for awhile because these often make peoples' days and I recommend you actually start doing it a bit BEFORE the holidays, however, you also don't want to flood and lock up their PM box either. There are also Thank You Threads and other things you can use for thanking people or other ways. And don't forget to consider looking at WishLists and Glomp Gifts and Most Wanted and surprising people. Be it Hatchies or Eggs or whatever.

During the Holidays, Sometimes you can never repay those who have been so kind to you enough. So sometimes, the best kindness you can do is to gift it forward in their honor or to spread the joy! (And maybe consider helping people with their Holiday Mate or Holiday Gifting WishLists too if you find something or can breed something for double win!)

Edited by natayah

Now that Halloween is over, what are you going to do for the next holidays? What special things are you going to gift yourself? And what ways might you gift back to others?

It's a lot to process, it's a lot to do! But there are a lot of resources and people willing to help as well. So you might also want to consider what resources you will use and what resources you will support. Any special ones you want to mention for either side? Always great to send praise out and share where are good places to go! The more people who join in, the better that resource is!

Come on, everybody - the AP's got regular eggs again, and they're under three four days - let's all spend a couple minutes hatching them all and releasing them! You know most of them are not especially desirable, and the eggs are just going to dwindle away off into the wilderness, but everyone loves hatchlings. Let's go!

Edited by sylviamaris

I see the AP is now back up to over 6 days. Is it maybe time to consider "dropping" some nice lovelies to the AP? Here's a few ideas of things people love the most during this time of year:

Needed BSA's (Especially Red, Pink, Aeon, Bolt, Magi, Purple)

Pretty Lines & Hybrids

Prizes, Shinies, Uncommon Eggs.

Anything CB!

Anything Hatchling!

Prize Lines and Kins - People love to test new lines, and people love to collect these lines, it is a great win on both ways!

Anything "Special": Lines with Spriter's Alts, Thuweds/Dorkface/Other Famous Dragon & Family Names, etc

Anything else you would like to add to this list as suggestions for things to breed? How about some of your just "favorite" lines you haven't "brushed off" in a bit and take some time to breed them too while we are prepping for the holidays ourselves? Don't you think some of your dragons could use some "lovin"? wink.gifalot.pngwub.gif

Edited by natayah

I had a quick question:

If I wanted to donate eggs for a game or something and I was going to donate from this line here

Would people prefer two of the 4g or just one of the 5g?

---

Also with gifting...or just dumping in the ap, do you guys prefer longer lineages or shorter ones when picking things from the AP

I had a quick question:

If I wanted to donate eggs for a game or something and I was going to donate from this line here

---

Also with gifting...or just dumping in the ap, do you guys prefer longer lineages or shorter ones when picking things from the AP

Hmm... for the first one, I would personally prefer two of the 4G so I could constantly gift the offspring. However, you might have trouble getting pygmies for the 4Gs.

For long or short, it honestly depends. A longer lineage can be nice except harder to get a mate for, but longer lineages usually look nicer. If I'm looking for a mate for a dragon I already have and it's a lineage longer, than it's useful for the offspring of the previous.

Hmm... for the first one, I would personally prefer two of the 4G so I could constantly gift the offspring. However, you might have trouble getting pygmies for the 4Gs.

For long or short, it honestly depends. A longer lineage can be nice except harder to get a mate for, but longer lineages usually look nicer. If I'm looking for a mate for a dragon I already have and it's a lineage longer, than it's useful for the offspring of the previous.

Hahaha you don't have to tell me about the difficulties of getting pygmies for the 4G. That was a struggle bus I rode for several months.

Hmmmm...I think I might breed every dragon in a lineage to drop. Maybe that way people could grab both a long lineage or short lineage.

But I guess...when gifting or submitting an egg into something like Clya's raffles...I would have to think about it harder.

Hey, would anybody like to join me in a spontaneous "breed all kinds of lovely lineages for the AP" (mini-)event right now?

(And the rest of the day for those who are not awake at this time.)

I've started breeding holiday checkers and I think it would be nice if the AP was full of pretty lineages tomorrow. smile.gif

That sounds really nice. I'll probably breed whatever nicely lineaged eggs I have and some 2Gs from my Witchlights and some of my other CB holidays.

Now that Halloween is over, what are you going to do for the next holidays? What special things are you going to gift yourself? And what ways might you gift back to others?

It's a lot to process, it's a lot to do! But there are a lot of resources and people willing to help as well. So you might also want to consider what resources you will use and what resources you will support. Any special ones you want to mention for either side? Always great to send praise out and share where are good places to go! The more people who join in, the better that resource is!

I'll be giving away X-mas and Valentines dragons to users who requested them. I'll also be doing my best to collect lots and lots of 2nd gen Aegis and Mutamore dragons.

I'll also be giving away lots of 2nd gen holidaykin in the weeks leading up to the holidays. I'm actually in the process of doing that right now, but my Valentine's dragons don't seem to be in the mood. LOLOL.

I've managed to breed quite a lot of useful and/or pretty things, even some Metals went down the AP smile.gif

I had a quick question:

---

When I get a gift, If I can get a "breeding pair" anytime I tend to prefer that as an awesome gift to receive and/or gift others because, as others have said, you get to breed them together and produce lovely babies to then regift and/or just send to the AP.

Now when speak of "standard" dragons, I know some people prefer 4EG lines, but I really really like 5EG and up Perfect checkers so I can mix match pretty complimentary double checker lines. However, with the "non-standard" breeds, I love any long line that took work and effort. But I really prefer dragons I can also find a potential mate for and gift or breed offspring that people would generally enjoy. So if for a "non-standard" dragons, until they get more populated, If I could take one gen lower and get a matching set to breed offsprings, I'd always prefer that. But again, I love any line with work and that is cool and nifty, regardless of the dragons involved. I think most people would agree with that.

Now, I appreciate you all jumping in and breeding some dragons, I am going to make sure to breed mine in the next day or two. However, you can always feel free to mention stuff in the Massbreeding Thread (although I still think we should create a Massbreeding "Event" thread vs a general Massbreeding discussions cuz you get negative feedback there too which kinda is against the point. But you can put it there too to share ideas, although you can do that here too). But if you ever want to do a massbreed on your own, you can literally just make a starting posting and let other people chime in or not. Or come up with an idea and work with someone who is more comfortable starting the post and help out. Just some food for thought. If an idea or theme really inspires you, just post it too as it often gets more traction and attention that way.

But I think this place is also a great place as a lot of the people who love to breed watch this thread and love to join in for this stuff whenever possible.

So what will you be doing with your dragons during Thanksgiving Holiday (or for a lovely upcoming weekend elsewhere in the world), other than "killing" your chickens to turn them into delicious meals.

Turkey Themed Question: If you had to dub an existing in game dragon as a "Turkey Dragon" - Which breed would you choose - or is there a "special dragon" on your scroll that is more of a "Turkey" that you would love to show off here or else "serve up" for dinner?

While you are counting your blessings, do you think you could send a few special blessings of lovely eggs to the AP or gifting in other ways (forums, etc)?

Edited by natayah

I'll be breeding some more holidaykin shortly as I wait for time to eat Thanksgiving dinner. Of all the dragons, I think the carmine is most turkey-like because it looks like a chicken as a baby. xd.png

I also think that the tri-horn wyverns are pretty Thanksgiving-y because of their Black Friday release.

Turkey Themed Question: If you had to dub an existing in game dragon as a "Turkey Dragon" - Which breed would you choose - or is there a "special dragon" on your scroll that is more of a "Turkey" that you would love to show off here or else "serve up" for dinner?

Hi!

Mint dragons remind me of turkeys. I have one called "Honorary Turkey". c:

Sorry I've been away for a bit. Whew! I have actually reached the point that I am TIRED of learning. You have to understand, I LOVE learning new things. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I've had so much back to back to back to back training of all sorts of things that I am worn out and on overload from my new job. So I think I'm going to start coming here a bit more often in the evenings just to give my brain a break. So I am back here!

So before I start looking around for events and things to update that are in the upcoming future (if there isn't something I've updated, at least post it in this thread so others know, and then I can just copy your work and make it easy), I thought of a fun little project we could do to help people prep for the Holidays. There are lots of fun new things I saw (like that really cool lotto for people without Gold Trophies & various Holiday & other gifting threads) and can't wait to get those added.

I noticed something though. The "Wishlist/Complete your Scroll" thread is under Site Discussion. So I guess Wishlists can go under there and not just trading since people don't "gift" in that thread, they would PM the person directly. I was thinking that people could either GO THERE and make a post here to link to that WishList for things specifically to help with their Gifting needs (like stuff to make your gifting easier: Magi, Various BSAs, Specific dragons you need for common requests you get and/or things you like to gift/regift to support other threads especially gifting/activity threads, etc.) and you can make that posting here (one post per person) and you can link to that post in your sig, or just post it here, or whatever. However, I don't care if you sometimes "update" your list but you can only have ONE posting. If you "update" your original post by making a new post, you must DELETE the original post and cannot post an "updated" version any faster than once per month.

Also, Player Activity Groups can have their own post as well. They can only have ONE Gifting Request Post, but they can update their requested post a max of 3 times a month. Because they are an activity and not a person. But basically it would probably be easier to post your "needs" and then just post an updated link anytime those needs change and then post them in your thread, post the link to that thread here, and post here that some things have changed if you need to do it more often than 3xs/month. Must wait at least 3 days in between updates. Now I know not all Player Activities have their own "Forum Account", so let's use Clya as an example since she's pretty well known. Clya could post ONE post for HER personal gifting needs/wishlist, then ANOTHER ONE post for her Lotto Gifting Needs/WishList. She just needs to make it clear they are being posted to reference two different people/organizations. If you have a FAMILY who shares your account, you can only post ONE post here per forum account. Just list your family each individually in one post. If that is too much, go to the Master WishList/Complete your Scroll Thread and post a link to that here.

Hope that gives you guys some things to start with. I've noticed a lot of people are making mention of how they are low or don't have many magi and/or other things, so I'd like for us to have a special place where we gift things specifically so people can gift more. If you need just general BSAs for other reasons above and beyond Gifting, you can request that in several other threads. Please don't use this place for that. Otherwise the mods may remove the ability to do that here since it falls outside the goals and focus of this thread and duplicates stuff other threads already cover. We don't want to do that.

Sorry for the long post. Missed you guys. Now I'm off to watch Critical Role and scrub this makeup gunk off. Today was picture day. I generally loathe pictures, and this wasn't a great experience, but the pictures were fine. It was everything leading up to the pictures, let's just say it's been messy and busy for the past few months but I'm finally moving beyond it and it's not really been that horrible. I just was grumpy.

Gratz and Happy Holidays to all the University/College students heading home or somewhere for their month winter break. Whenever that begins for you be it US or internationally. Hope you are still taking time to be involved with Gifting and Player Activity Threads and Events, and are breeding those nice Holiday Lines and/or BSAs to the AP so others can enjoy your lovely gifts that are also very timely, beautiful and very useful and needed~!