Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

laugh.gifWelcome to Compulsive Posters' Anonymous! cool.gif

Compulsive Posters’ Anonymous is the only (semi-)sanctioned Chat Thread at the Dragon Cave Forums. Anyone is allowed to post, all of us are permitted to chat. In order to make this a fun place for everyone to be, I give you a few reminders about thread behaviour and the reporting procedure ~

Flaming: Please do not flame each other in this thread. Flaming each other for any reason is not allowed here and can land you on a black list.

Complaints: If you have complaints about the thread, other posters in the thread (including myself) or any other aspect concerning this thread, please PM a moderator with them and do not post them in this thread or in any other thread!

Behaviours: Give people the same respect you would want for yourself. This thread may be more relaxed than some of the other threads on this Forum, but that is no excuse for bullying or flaming or excluding other users. Our behaviour not only reflects on us, but on the thread as a whole. This Chat Thread is extremely fortunate to exist at all and could easily be closed down if there are complaints.

It's the moderators' job to deal with issues like flaming. They have the tools to deal with things like that. They can close/open topics, warn users, put on posting restrictions and even suspend. Having a bunch of people to say "Don't do that" is fine and dandy, but that's not their jobs and it means that issues with users can go unnoticed and unpunished.

Reporting Procedure: Please remember there are three steps to reporting a problem.

1. The Report Button. The Report Button is your friend. It's there for a reason. Click it. Your report is anonymous.

2. PM a mod directly.

3. PM me. This is NOT the best solution but if the other two don't produce results (and they should) then PM me, and I can click report and also PM a mod.

Board Rules: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=boardrules

Forum Games Rules ~ SockPuppet Strangler’s Post

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=4939194

This is an awesome informational post which, if you haven't yet read, I strongly urge you to do so!

But why is a Chat Thread called Compulsive Posters’ Anonymous, you ask?

It began as an innocent exercise in identifying compulsive posters. People would answer a list of questions and realize they were compulsive posters. From that, inadvertently, a chat thread was born.

Here are some more of the CPA details:

~ Have you ever told yourself "Oh, I'll just make one more post" and then discovered hours have passed and you're still posting?

~ Have you ever been at someone's house for a visit or dinner or something and gone to Dragon Cave to post "just once more" in 'Boys vs. Girls'?

~ Do you ever find yourself at Dragon Cave when you should be at work or school?

~ Have you ever checked the Top Ten Posters List and discovered that you were on it? huh.gif and maybe even discovered that you were number 1? ohmy.gif

~ At the end of a day, do you find it hard to remember in which threads you've posted?

If you answered "Yes" to one or more of these questions, then you may be a compulsive poster. Have no fear! We are here to keep you company!

This is a Chat Thread, not a club. As I’ve said before, anyone is allowed to post. We are a group of people who post compulsively and like to meet others who do the same. The 'Game' here is about having fun and being supportive. However, if you are one of those who are self-confessed compulsive posters, you can add, "Hi. My name is [your forum name], and I am a compulsive poster." to your first post and you’ll be added to the list of compulsive posters, found here.

You should then be greeted by a chorus of "Hi, [your forum name]" from other members of this thread (though we may all be compulsively posting elsewhere, so don't feel slighted if there's a momentary silence!) after which you are welcome to use this thread to share your compulsive posting stories or just to share whatever's on your mind. We are compulsive, after all.

CPA Founding Members:

CPA was begun on December 13, 2009, by Lagie, Leap, and Parakeet13.

Welcome to the CPA Chat Thread! cool.gif

Hi. My name is Lagie, and I am a compulsive poster.

*sets out brownies*

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aFM4

user posted image

Edited by Lagie

BLACK LIST

Beth-la (per SockPuppetStranger, effective July 18, 2012)

EggMaster99 (per SockPuppet Strangler, effective July 18, 2012)

(If either post, please use the report button and then PM Sockie directly.)

ToasterAtheism - If you see him post, use the Report Button and then PM Sock or _Z_.

REMINDERS

All Dragon Cave Forum Board Rules apply here! (The bold is the link.)

Please use proper English. It's polite to do so and will ensure that everyone can read and be able to reply to your post.

RE: text-speak

No text-speak is not spelled out directly in the rules, it is one of those common sense rules. Which would fall under Respect others.

Please also be aware of the information in these stickies:

General Discussion Sticky

Forum Games Sticky

The Forum Games sticky explains that:

* smiley only posts are considered spam and may be warned.

* action only posts are considered spam and may be warned

* this also applies if you are quoting a post

~Appears to be more RP'ing and very little chat. This topic is a privilege as chat is allowed no where else on the forum. I strongly recommend members start using this topic the way it was intended. ~

Posted by _Z_ due to an outbreak of RPing posts. Please remember to chat! The occasional RP post is not a problem as long as you remember to also be chatting.

If you are posting videos, especially from You Tube, don't just think the video itself has to be clear of certain words. Please take the time to read the comments posted as well. Sometimes these have words we are not to be posting.

Written warning:

When posting links, you the member are responsible for the content. That includes any inappropriate comments found when clicking the link.

One way to get around the comments is to post You Tube links with youtuberepeat.com. There will then be no comments.

This:

becomes this: http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch?v=gDpqQCieKJg

and lo, no comments to worry about!

Please post adoptables in your signatures or the topic created for them.

Gpxplus, Pokemon adoptable site.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=112020

Just a general reminder, all forum rules still apply and no one is allowed to "exclude" other members from any thread.

If you see someone doing something they shouldn't be, be sure to use the report button.

Blah blah blah blah and such and such. You know the drill.

Creative works – stories, etc. – have been moved to here.

The banners have been moved to here.

The list of self-confessed compulsive posters can be found here.

Why do we have a list, you ask, when we're not a club? Well, if you were brave enough to stand up and announce yourself as a compulsive poster, that deserves to be recorded somewhere! It's also a very good way of keeping track of people's nicknames. Please remember that anyone's allowed to post in CPA so don't let this list inhibit you! cool.gif

You’ll find pictures of some of us here.

Avatars! by Aquenee. Do you know which is whose?

The Compulsives Family information can be found here.

The CPA Lineage can be found here in Breeding.

The Cuffs Rack and The Cuffs Dragons are here in Breeding.

CPA is a Chat Thread. If you wish to role play, please hold while the RP is reworked... (there was one, but it died.)

Thanks to Vang, CPA now also has an IRC channel for those of you who prefer realtime chat: CPA channel

Quiz: How well do you know CPA?

RheaZen came up with a theoretical expanded post/level count. You'll find it here.

Thank you, Kanaye, for the Post Count image. smile.gif

If CPA were a house, the address would be this:

42 Madness Way

Awesometown, xd.png

CPA Theme Song: Parry Gripp - Last Train to Awesometown

The CPA Motto - Unus Magis Stipes

"unus magis stipes" is latin for "one more post"!

Edited by Lagie

Please read and follow. Thanks!

Lagie said:
Thanks, Sockmeister! I had a fabulous vacation.

Now that I'm rested and ready, welcome back to CPA, everyone!

Please take a moment to read the two posts that Sock linked to.

General Discussion Sticky

Forum Games Sticky

Then, read this:

Please, before you post, look over your post!

If you're about to post one word (lol, hunh, ok, oh...), DON'T. It will be reported and you will be warned. Take a moment to consider what you're replying to and add something else. Instead of:

hunh

try posting:

Hunh. I hadn't known that. Guess I've learned something today.

If you're about to post two words, think about it before you do. Yes, I know in the real world we walk up to friends and say, "Hi, friend." But here, short posts are hard to reply to. Before you post:

Hi, guys.

why not consider posting:

Hi, guys. How are you all this fine evening?

If you're about to post a smiley only, DON'T. It will be reported and you will be warned. Add some chat, a comment, an observation, anything that might be relevant. So, instead of posting:

unsure.gif

try posting:

unsure.gif That's confusing. What did you mean?

If you're about to post an action-only post, DON'T. It will be reported and you will be warned. The occasional bit of RP stuff isn't going to be an issue, so long as you continue to chat while you're doing so, but an actions-only post is spam. If you come into the thread and are confused, instead of posting:

*backs slowly away*

how about posting:

*backs slowly away* I have no idea what you're talking about.

Could someone please explain it to me?

Most of this is common sense if you just stop and think about your posts. I know CPA can move quickly at time but don't let speed and lack of thought get you in trouble.

We seem to have resolved the textspeak issue (as in don't, just don't), but please try to make the effort to punctuate your posts. Capital letters, punctuation (periods, commas) and apostrophes all help make a post legible to everyone. If your post is hard to read, don't be surprised if it gets ignored.

Along the same lines, ALL CAPITALS IS CONSIDERED YELLING and is acceptable only in the Rant Thread. If you post in all capitals, you will most likely be ignored because people do not like to be yelled at. A word or two isn't going to be a problem, like my DON'Ts in this post, but more than that will be.

Having said all that, (and I do hope you took the time to read it!) welcome back and happy posting.

*sets out several plates of freshly-baked brownies*

SockPuppet Strangler said:
There seems to be confusion. I've edited the wording a bit to clear up confusion:

This means that there must be some topic of conversation going on. Posts containing only (or mostly): smileys, RP'd actions, images, pixels, etc. are spam. Posts containing just one or two words are spam. (The only exception to this is hi/bye posts, though please do try to put a little effort into even those.) Use your common sense if you are contributing to the discussion or not. The point of CPA is to talk with other users, not just post when you feel like it. Interact with other players - ask about their day, talk about yours, get interested in their life, etc.

A lot of this is from questions that were in the original thread that were cleared up there. Most of them were edited into the post to be clear after the thread was gone, but I guess there's still some confusion, so please make sure you have re-read the quoted portion. Hopefully it is more clear.

Please use common sense in determining if you and other CPA-members are contributing to the conversation.

Did it add to the conversation:

-Did it address other members?

-Did it give other members something to reply to?

-Was it participating in an ongoing discussion?

If you said yes to those, your post/others' posts should be fine. If not, then it's spam.

Thanks,

~Sock

Edited by Lagie

Kanaye's Smileys: (Free for everyone to use!)

For those of you who don't know how to post these into the forums, here are the directions.

***Right click on the one you want.

*Internet Explorer - click Properties, highlight the url and copy.

*Firefox- click Copy Image Location.

*Google Chrome - click Copy Image URL

***Paste into the reply box, add IMG tags and voila.

First IMG tag is [IMG=; second is ]. Make sure you have the / in the second one or it won't work.

For example:

[IMG=http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/121/9/a/_excited__by_CookiemagiK.gif]

becomes user posted image

~*~

Bumps

user posted image

Welcome/Hello/Good-bye

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Smileys People Mentioned Needing: Hugs/Laugh/Snuggle

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Random Smileys: Glomp

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Random Smileys: Squish

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Random Smileys: Excited/Clapping

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Smileys People Mentioned Needing: Angry/Crying/Comfort

Smileys People Mentioned Needing: Tired/Sick/Scared

Bondage Smileys

Random Smileys: Vampire

user posted imageuser posted image

Random Smileys: Random

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Random Smileys: Scrub-a-dub

Random Smileys: Nomming

user posted imageuser posted image

Random Smileys: Funny

LAGGY DC FORUMS

user posted image

Flood Control, meet Death Ray!

user posted image

For Dash

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

For those of you who want to know, Kanaye got some of these from a Book Forums she frequents. Some of the others come from here: http://browse.deviantart.com/customization...imated/#order=9

Edited by Lagie

YAY!

Shiny new volume! Packed with everything that is unpredictable

user posted image

I was saving it xd.png

Now, do I change my avatar or not? A new thread should have a new look...

Yeah can't really help you there... Unless you do a cowgirl pic xd.png

So even though Lagie said "DO NOT POST HERE" you still went and did it... for shame

Ignore the hypocrisy of me telling you off via posting here, it was for a noble cause.

Also don't wish me luck, theres nothing I can do, just attempted the quiz after READING the powerpoint without any of the info from the lecturers dialogue and low and behold I did abysmal on the quiz for it... hooray. The moment a survey comes up I'm suggesting just uploading everything privately to youtube.

If I can have the black hat and duster coat xd.png

Edit: We had special permission MP. o3o

Sucks about your test though.

Edited by Fortune86

Lagie trusts us.... Well I know she trusts me. Don't know about Fortune xd.png

That's hurtful Spirit D:

Probably true, but hurtful.

Edited by Fortune86

It's not that hurtful... You take a lot of pride when you burn something down!

I don't get what that's got to do with not trusting me. It's not like I've ever set fire to CP....erm. Nevermind...

Not 'burning down', more like 'warming up' o3o

Been checking our stats for the last volume. Some people just weren't trying hard enough.

What's our number?

Did we break the record from the previous one?

I don't know what our last numbers were, but here's Vol 18:

Fortune86 ~ 5979

DragonSpirit009 ~ 5114

Marcus Pheonix ~ 1610

No one else managed to break a thousand.

Geez even though I want on like a 6 month hiatus?

God I'm sitting in the AC with a burning hot heat pack on my leg.