Natayah

Player Activities & Events

Ooooh~ Hi, I just got introduced to this thread so maybe I should also introduce myself. I started DC last year but only got on forum this year because my English was totally horrible (it still is). I accidentally stumbled onto the community departure thread, where I received a few really nice gifts, and I thought that I should also give something back. Mostly I myself is egg locked with various CB (yes I sit in front of my computer for like an hour trying to catch something I want while I'm supposed to be doing homework), but when I have free egg slot and a free Magi, I gift some random 2G pure blood rare/uncommon at the departure thread. I only started on building nice lineage last month so that's like all I have : ) I also only gift rare/uncommon cuz I think more people would want them. My prediction seems to be true so far.

The gifting thread I like most is the community departure thread, all because there's not a lot of rules and restrictions there. I checked out a few other threads but a lot of the forms and rules just seems too intimidating to me tongue.gif

I seem to know nothing more than this. I really like this thread and hopefully I would build up some nice checkers to gift in future!

Ooooh~ Hi, I just got introduced to this thread so maybe I should also introduce myself. I started DC last year but only got on forum this year because my English was totally horrible (it still is). I accidentally stumbled onto the community departure thread, where I received a few really nice gifts, and I thought that I should also give something back. Mostly I myself is egg locked with various CB (yes I sit in front of my computer for like an hour trying to catch something I want while I'm supposed to be doing homework), but when I have free egg slot and a free Magi, I gift some random 2G pure blood rare/uncommon at the departure thread. I only started on building nice lineage last month so that's like all I have : ) I also only gift rare/uncommon cuz I think more people would want them. My prediction seems to be true so far.

The gifting thread I like most is the community departure thread, all because there's not a lot of rules and restrictions there. I checked out a few other threads but a lot of the forms and rules just seems too intimidating to me tongue.gif

I seem to know nothing more than this. I really like this thread and hopefully I would build up some nice checkers to gift in future!

Hello and welcome! I'm glad you've come to join us. I have a hard time with the rules in some of the gifting threads, too, but I know it can be hard to keep list-based threads organized. One of the great things about the forum is that there's something for everyone - really structured breeding projects or threads to show off pretty lineages, trading, gifting - however you like to play, there's some aspect of the forum that makes it even more fun.

(And your English isn't horrible at all!)

user posted image The Holly 2017 Contest has officially begun! user posted image

This contest is probably the easiest way to get your hands on a Holly this Christmas. Anyone can join in by signing up on the forum thread and collecting Olive dragons born in 2017. The number of winners depends on how many Holly offspring are donated, but there are usually plenty of donors. This year there is even an extremely rare 2G Holly (from your choice of mate) up for grabs, it will likely go to whoever collect the most Olives so start hoarding early! smile.gif

The contest is also accepting Holly offspring donations, see the thread for more info. Good luck everyone!

Gonna update the new Holiday contest & don't forget about the new Breeding Event for Holidaykin, especially V-Days, but there is certainly nothing wrong with breeding every lovely Holidaykinds (including your new lines) and/or lovely dragons, especially BSAs that are very useful around the Holidays. Great if you can combo them. Give the AP something lovely to look thru!

01/14/17 HolidayKin Breeding Event Thread

ETA: Also, my life has been pretty busy, so if there is something you'd like me to add, if you could post it here how you'd like to see it posted, or send a PM where I can just copy and paste, that would make me super happy. Or if nothing else, at least share the info here so I can get it added sooner or later.

Also for Discussion: How did you enjoy your Holiday Finds and new lines? Find anything especially nice or have a particular line you can't wait to gift and share with others? Feel free to show them off. Also, if you are a person who wants to announce that they take gifting requests, or particular types of gifting requests, go ahead and post that info here ONLY if you are ok with them contacting you directly. No actual gifting goes on in this thread, but we can advertise things, from threads to each other and our favorite resources and activities. So share them please!

Have you ever gotten a really special gift you'd like to share and tell the story about? One you gifted or one you received? I'd love to hear about these stories of joy and happiness and kindness. We have another holiday coming and I'd like to keep the holiday cheer and spirit going at least through February! Or the Gifting Spirit!

Edited by natayah

What Player Run Event/Game/Gifting, Lotto, Raffle/Threads are you most excited to see getting more attention and love when the Holiday Seasons are over? Have you contacted those threads and players and groups to let them know how much you appreciate them and offered to help and start promoting them so when the Holidays are over, we have more fun to keep rolling thru?

Please feel free to share and start promoting here! And if you run one of those and are looking for anything, or have a special "kick off" date or time - let us know and how we can help!

Hi there!

I'd love to give a shout-out to our lovely The Dragoness, a hostess for amazing Glittering Gold Giveaways. This raffle focuses on helping out newer players and gives a chance to share our lineages with people who are sure to appreciate them smile.gif A baby of your dragons might be THE FIRST of its breed on someones scroll, ain't it special? biggrin.gif

So if you know someone just starting their collection, consider leading them to The Dragoness's Raffle. Endless dragons, endless fun smile.gif Everyone is a winner, yeah.

and as for Valentines, dragons are better than chocolates, remember wink.gif If you fancy someone in any way, drop them an egg bomb, make them smile.

Around more, still in between a few things, will pick up some updating in the next week or less:

Until then:

Excited about our "final Holiday Dragon/Event" for a bit and what are you most excited about and what are you planning?

Are you starting to think about what stuff you are excited about doing and/or returning to when the Event is over? Any particular Events, Projects, Other Things you are wanting to get involved with? Feel free to list them and/or what you will be planning on doing!

Thanks so much for all the groups and events that have kept going, that have started new, and that plan on kicking back off once V-Day starts to wind down!

Thought I'd shamelessly post in here.

My Giveaway/Lottery/Raffle/Whateveryouwannacallit thread has started back up again in full force. There's a Valentine's Day Event coming up on the 15th, though sign ups started yesterday and will end on Feb 14 @ 11:59 PM. A CB Gold is the main Prize, with a lot of other mystery prizes (ALL CaveBorn). After the Valentine's Day Event, there will be AT LEAST (ONE) giveaway per week. I am fully active now (have been since Mid-2016) and plan to stay that way. thumbs_up.png

It has also been renamed to Lotto Metallics (a pun, if you will).

Lotto Metallics

We've got a few things going on now and in the coming weeks! If you haven't seen the prior posts and/or the New Thread Socks has made about ongoing Breeding Events, please check those out and I will get to updating them very soon.

In the meantime, what other events are coming up in March? I know I've heard talk about another Ides of March Breeding. And some Lottos starting end of Feb and in March - Let's get them all posted here so people can start planning and start looking, especially since we have more traffic during V-Day Holiday than normal so people will stick with us.

And the Player Run Events, Games, Threads & More that may have gone on hiatus for the Holidays or taken a short break, if you are kicking back into gear, say something too - or feel free to post on someone else's behalf (unless they tell you not to) if you want to share something going on.

And how are you enjoying your last Holiday Event after this Oct - Feb run? And what do you most want to see and/or excited to see coming up for the "rest of the year"? Any particularly good Gifting stories you want to share from the Holidays or special moments that really made your day? Let's share the love!

sharlykng has started a wonderfully generous Neglected Gifting topic where they'll be trying to give away a neglected dragon once a month. The criteria to enter for February is:

> Have at least 20 Canopy dragons on your scroll

> Scroll has to at least achieved a silver trophy

> Scroll must not have any Neglecteds

Super generous and kind idea for anybody who wants to enter or otherwise get involved. =3

sharlykng has started a wonderfully generous Neglected Gifting topic where they'll be trying to give away a neglected dragon once a month. The criteria to enter for February is:

Super generous and kind idea for anybody who wants to enter or otherwise get involved. =3

In addition to being excited about BOTH the Neglected Gifting Project started by Sharlykng (I was afraid to post it without clearing it with them first but now I will go post and share everywhere), Sock doing a Misc/General MassBreeding Event Thread (I might have a special soft spot being really glad to see that going on as I tried to do it once before and people enjoyed it, but I just couldn't keep doing it and really wanted to do more than just that), I will be updating the "events and new threads" today and tomorrow.

That said - There is MUCH more I want to accomplish with this thread this year. I was hoping, in addition to being a reference and place for people to get inspired, see what else is going on, start doing their own things, etc .... that we would also have ongoing postings and convos about different things to help improve this in the community as a whole, people sharing stories of things they've had over the years and enjoyed that involved any events, gifts, or anything positive they've enjoyed or would like to see. Since there is some convo, but not nearly as much I was thinking of something:

I know for lots of reasons people have very different opinions and feel very well... just in negative places and spaces (be it fear, anger, frustration, whatever) that don't really seem to helping things get better. And I'd really like there to be a place that is full of positivity, graditude, thankfulness, joy, happiness, various positive and inspiring stories and thoughts from small to big things. Now those can be posted here, in the thank you thread, and more, but I thought to really get things going, maybe there should be a specifically different thread for it, OR, we could make it like a forum game/contest.

To get people willing to share, and to overcome shyness, and to gather MORE people to share, and to share ongoing different stories, that perhaps instead of entering raffles, someone or a group of people could pick different themes of the week/month for people to talk about, and that they have specific prizes that people who answer and post could be entered to win randomly, but also based on posting, that other people could also send "gifts and winnings" to people randomly as well, or someone could even just send a prize out and send it to "everyone" who posted and whoever grabs it first gets it.

Before we start that idea, I'd like to get some feedback on it. And while we are doing that, I'm gonna start getting things updated cuz I think I have an awesome lot of V-Day Dragons and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

And in the meantime, since it is the Season of Friendship and Love - Let's hear some stories you may not have already shared in this thread if you would be willing just to kick the idea off - As I'd love to hear some heartwarming positive stories of different things DC has meant to you especially if it involves good things especially concerning other players, gifting, events (big and small), special projects, breeding or anything else that was someone special or a special day or the community in general.

And I appreciate all of you who come and check out this thread and pop in and who have also helped participate more in Player Run Events. If you compare to just 1 - 2 - 3 years ago, you will see how MUCH more we do as a community these days and it is pretty amazing. You deserve major Kudos!

We're having a review-a-thon next weekend! Please feel free to join us.

The thread and the #descripdoom chat will be active.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9407025

The Description Force is having a Reviewathon this weekend - Check it out.

I'm going to spend this weekend updating some events - and lots of people, events, and such are getting ready to start up - what do you have starting in the next few months and what are you most excited about?

What did you enjoy most about this past holiday seasons (Halloween, Xmas, V-Day)? Did you have any special moments, gifts or stories you want to share?

What are you most looking up to, and what are you most excited about even if it is further out than a few months?

Finally, what were some of your favorite events, moments, stories, gifts, threads, etc from 2016 and what would you like to see more of in 2017?

Glittering Gold Giveaway is accepting Donations until 7PM EST Today, Opens for Submissions to Enter & Win tomorrow - Visit the Tread for info: Glittering Gold Giveaway

Edited by natayah

The Common Collector's Competition is back for March and with a minimum requirement of participants, they could use some more signups! This is the competition where you can win rares just for collecting commons - and this month's batch of commons includes olives, so Holly Contest participants, you can compete in March's CCC competition without hurting your chances in the Holly Contest!

The Common Collector's Competition is back for March and with a minimum requirement of participants, they could use some more signups! This is the competition where you can win rares just for collecting commons - and this month's batch of commons includes olives, so Holly Contest participants, you can compete in March's CCC competition without hurting your chances in the Holly Contest!

I'm really excited about CCC wanting to come back and I hope people will sign up. It's a really long running player event and I hope people realize that there is a LOT of events that you can use things for one event, and it will benefit you for another, and be part of your regular scroll goals anyways. So - take advantage of that! If you are still building your scrolls, why not get rewarded for it and have some fun?

ETA: The 5 eggs CCC is using includes Olives. So anyone who is involved with the Holly Event should sign up just to take advantage of the fact you can get credit in 2 places for the momth of March. Id also like to help those participating by having people help host (even if we need to organize it here) a few breeding mini events for the 5 commons featured so people know when to hit the AP to get some lower timed eggs. If there is another person or group or event who is interested in helping to organize and/or host this, please post here?

Ill update the 5 breeds involved when I get back from the restraunt.

Edited by natayah

Totally did not know this thread existed xd.png But sure, go ahead and share it around :3 I am hitting the milestone of last-exam-graduate-find-work phase so I may take a while to reply.

It's currently only run by me, unless another regular ND-maker would like to join in (which is unlikely due to the high investment in egg space).

February's raffle has ended and the March criteria is up, for anyone who's interested in trying for an ND biggrin.gif

For reference the March criteria is: [deadline by 24/03,Friday]

>Scroll has to have all four Seasonals [spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter]

> Scroll has to have a Magikarp badge

> Scroll has to have at least 20 dragons

Edited by sharlykng

Glittering Gold Giveaway is accepting Donations until 7PM EST Today, Opens for Submissions to Enter & Win tomorrow - Visit the Tread for info: Glittering Gold Giveaway

Less than 30 minutes left to enter The GGG Giveaway, if you or anyone else wants to enter for FREE to win very FREE lovely dragons, now is the time!

Also see the PRIOR post about how to win a FREE ND!! what a super prize! That sounds like something everyone should be excited about!

There are so many new events, threads, etc starting up or getting ready to start up that is is amazing how much "fun stuff' you can choose from.

But Today, I'd like to reach out to the DC Community and ask you to make DC History with us. Within the next few months, maybe sooner, the long reign of terror known as the "Description Backlog" is about to be slain and those it holds captive finally freed!

For longer than I have been playing, this "Backlog" has been the bane of many and has caused many dragons with creative interesting stories to be kept from sharing their words. But a group of Mods has gotten together with a plan of destroying what few remains. Already having taken care of many thousands in a few weeks, the goal is to have this completely done for all to enjoy a future of faster reviews, commenting, and approvals so all dragons can raise their unique voice for all to hear and enjoy.

However, these mods need our help. There has been a handful of people dedicated to reviewing descriptions for a long time, and they have been steadfast and stalwart in their work. But with the rate mods are digging through these descriptions, this team could use a few more hands to help the cause and spread the word.

Your time and donation need not not be large. If all you can spare is a few minutes, or a few hours, per day or per week, that would make all the difference. Or simply sharing this info with people who may enjoy this thing. If we could just a variety of individuals willing to do a few a day, or even like 10 a week, this would mean the world to so many dragons whose voices have been silenced. Whose histories will remain unheard. Will you consider taking a few minutes as you are able to help liberate these dragons and the minds of those who have written such prose to share with the world?

Besides, once you get started, it is pretty easy to knock out a good amount. Normally I max out between 10-30 reviews, but knowing the end is so close, I have wanted to continue helping the cause! And I've been digging through like a madman (and having a lot of time off.)Because once this backlog is defeated, there are plans in place to make sure its evil never rises again. This has been a part of this game for a very long time, and it is now nearing its end. So many players and dragons will have the joy of unlocking their creativity, writing and storytelling and feel more encouraged to continue this fun activity knowing there is a much faster turn around. Will you help these minds and dragons find a voice and set them free?

For more information, Visit the Description Force Thread (especially if you are not sure where to start or get stuck on something). Otherwise, just go to your scroll, Click Account, then click "Review User Descriptions." If there is something you are not sure about, it is ok to simply go on to the next one.

Would you Like to Make DC History? Join the Fight for Literacy, Creativity, And Liberation of Dragons & Minds!

Edited by natayah

Hello, a long running group known as the Cave Plumbers are currently looking for new members. The group allows users to obtain rare dragons by catching common (blocker) dragons. The project is also looking for affiliates who are interested in partnering up with the thread.

Ok, Active Players & Those Looking to Have more fun and/or increase their participation:

I go back to work in 2 weeks or less. I will continue updating this thread and have made a pledge to have all new Events/Threads updated on the list (and corrected links for ones that have created new threads) as well as upcoming events listed. However, I need some help.

If YOUR event, or an event/thread isn't on the list, please post it here not only to advertise it, but could you also format like I do on the resources lists (Thread name w/ URL Hyperlink, short descrip, etc) so I can just copy & paste to make it easier.

Also, I want to see A lot more of these Threads & Events working together even if they don't do it officially. I've mentioned this & some people are starting to post it more (Way to go CCC for allowing people to compete in your event this month with olives which they can also use for the Holly Contest).

If you as a player find a events/threads/games that overlap on their use, could you please share them with others? This is never considered "cheating" by people who run these events. If anything, they would appreciate it. So share so people know the best use of their dragons to help the game (with ratios), enjoy collecting (by building scrolls & discovering new breeds to enjoy), playing & having more fun & more chances to win things (by knowing multiple games/threads/events/projects) they can participate in.

Thanks for your help and I appreciate everyone who continues to get involved, continues to support & wants to find ways to do even more!

Oooh.

I didn't know they were opening back up so thanks for letting us know.

I'll def be joining that.

I have updated some new stuff on the first posts. I also have some new ideas & things I need feedback on. Take a look at the first 5 posts, tell me what else we need to add, keep on advertising/sharing Fun Events/Activities here, and I'd love a post back on some thoughts on some of the things I've proposed and/or other things you'd like to share.

And I'd love to hear some of the things you are most excited about and/or some great stories you have from the past year or so with both Player Events, Holiday Fun, or any special stories from player interactions.

Also, I'd like to do some "interviews" with some of the well known people on the forums who run events and/or are heavily involved with the community (participation, donation, gifting, general forum wonderfulness, etc.) If there is anyone who would like to volunteer or anyone you'd like to see, let me know!