Natayah

Player Activities & Events

I think this is a really fantastic idea. And this is probably a good place to start for posting that. If you want, I can link you on the front page as a resource since you are doing something like that uniquely. If a couple of catchers get together and decide they want to catch Certain Uncommon - Rare type dragons for people with their own various limitations, I would be really happy to suggest at that point you all start a gifting thread and each person list their own requirements. Or I can just create a Google Spreadsheet and you all can link and list from here. Whichever you prefer!

I might suggest adding a Gold or Silver Trophy as a base requirement for you catching certain CBs, not to be mean to younger players, but I feel until you've been playing that long, it establishes that you have put work into building your collection, have caught and raised dragons on your own, developed a play style and have begun considering the utility of certain factors, and may have even tried to attain these dragons on your own to some degree. Unless you specifically want to help younger players too. Then that is up to you. But I tend to find people with Bronze Trophies only aren't always going to stick around. By the time they hit silver or Gold, they are more invested and less likely to just take off shortly after being gifted something nice.

Finally, I have always had an open idea pending that if you guys want, we can create a large google spreadsheet for any and all types of gifters and people taking gifting requests to input a link, put what they do, their rules, link to their own spreadsheet or references, and put the link a the front page first few posts and make that easier to find. Is that something anyone would be interested in doing (and/or organizing, I'm not gonna lie, I would love someone else to make the spreadsheet, I'm happy to link it, I'll make a basic thing and someone else can refine it if they like), and any comments on any of the above?

Thanks~!

Yay! I'm glad you like this idea smile.gif I wouldn't mind if you linked this on the front page - I'd love to see how many people will eventually try to reach me smile.gif Also yes, then it would be a good idea to open a gifting thread and maybe we could then organize more breeding events like 'bsa/alt apocalypse' or something like that ^^

For now, I'll give everyone a chance since it's just a start. I may add that rule if it becomes a bit busy or so. I think that is okay? I know what you mean and everything, but for now I'll just let it go. But I should make a rule that they have to have at least a bronze trophy. Thank you for reminding me about that. biggrin.gif

The spreadsheet thing sounds good, although I hope it wouldn't be a bit too much to put all the info in it? Although it could get categorized and everything biggrin.gif

Clya's Sept 5 Lotto - Clya's Raffle is Now Open - Always Free, feel free to enter & share with others who may be interested. Also feel free to visit the thread to drop a note of support or to let them know you've entered if you like.

Lots of pretties in the AP, enjoy them, and if you feel like hatching others, you can always regift those. Also, if you have some lovely lines that you haven't bred in a bit or are ready for breeding again, consider doing some breeding to keep the nice lines ongoing for a bit!

Edited by natayah

I don't normally like to double post but there is am amazing 2G Prize Flash Giveaway - Please go Enter and/or Share with anyone. I know this is many people's dream and there is no reason not to enter and not share the excitement. Please take advantage of this amazing opportunity! And share it with others too, what a great gift! Edited by natayah

Talking wirh natayah in the descripdoom IRC, we've decided to possibly try a weekend event.

It would consist of raffles in the IRC, chat in the channels (#dc, #descripdoom, #dragonlotyo), and description reviewing. This event would run all day Saturday and Sunday, hopefully. It depends on people's schedules, though! Mods might come for these weekends too.

Raffles could include 3G Prizes, NDs, 2g metals, checkers, hatchies, BSAs, and more - it depends on what is brought! Donors, that's where YOU come in.

Schedules so far: (note these are NORMAL times. They won't always be followed!)

Dusky_Flareon (Dusky) - Saturday 11am-1pm and Saturday 8:30ish pm to Sunday 1am most consistently. Might be able to hop on between 10am and 2:30 pm Sun, and then come back later aftwr homework is finished. [Raffling]

Rainstar13 (Rainstar/RainstarKitty) - After 6PM EST on Saturdays, and all day Sundays. [Mod reviewing]

If you're interested, please comment! I'd love for more reviewers, and rafflers of course. Donors would be highly welcomed, too! And schedules too if you plan to make this a regular destination. Maybe some advertising too?

Of course, I'll need some help with this, especially for times I can't cover.

After all, maybe it's time to bring a fresh beeath of life to IRC?

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I'd like to thank natayah for posting about Nine's raffle here - I didn't win but I wouldn't have seen it all if not for her efforts on this great thread!

I'd be happy to donate something for the possible weekend event - I'm not an especially organized person and my schedule is erratic, but if there's a couple days notice in advance I can generally come up with something nice to offer.

While looking tor Clya's Raffle thread to tell a friend, it occurred to me - maybe raffles should be in trading/gifting or a subsection of that - forum games was NOT where I would have expected to find it - those seem mostly non-game oriented... Would they get more attention and interest that way ? I know I don't GO to forum games, myself.

While looking tor Clya's Raffle thread to tell a friend, it occurred to me - maybe raffles should be in trading/gifting or a subsection of that - forum games was NOT where I would have expected to find it - those seem mostly non-game oriented... Would they get more attention and interest that way ? I know I don't GO to forum games, myself.

I think there were raffles that used to be in the Trading Section too. The problem with the Trading Section is there are a billion heavily active trading threads AND gifting threads AND gifting/collecting/giveaway/project threads they have to compete with. Most things get buried in the trading thread. That is the reason I've seen players head over to the forums instead. While there are a lot of forum games, when the Raffles are going, the Raffles tend to take top billing while they are going on. Trading is jammed packed with so many active places, that things very easily get lost it in all the time.

If I was creating a raffle, I'd put it in forum games just for that reason alone.

Due to recent Events, I feel that creating a List of Gifters/Breeders (I think a Google Doc Linked for the Breeders to fill out basic info and link to anywhere else they like if they have more to add, something simple to start), Is probably a Top Priority Project for me. There are so many Great Gifting People who Want to Gift, and they all have their specialties and ways they track things. That isn't something you can normally organize in a single thread. So I want those Gifters to have a place they can have a reference for people to find them more easily (and of course, so they can get gifting more often, because really that is what they want is to share the love).

I am not gonna lie here, I'm a bit in the midst of a minor job scramble. It would be really really kind if someone was willing to draw up the basic spreadsheet for me. Would someone or a few someones be willing to put this together, at least a rough outline? Then we can have people go in and fill stuff out (they would get approval first, but it wouldn't be hard so we wouldn't have random people vandalizing the reference sheet), and get some feedback, and probably find a simple format that seems to work best. We can always tweak it as we go.

Again, most gifters have their own spreadsheets, profiles, lists, etc somewhere they keep track of things. So a lot of it will be listing their basic info, and links to wherever people need to go to get more info.

I am willing to pay you to do this (by breeding dragons I mean, don't make any misconceptions). It isn't hard, but I will breed you stuff. I kinda get the feeling that other people might be willing to pitch in. So if there are certain dragons you want from me as a gift for your time and effort, let me know. If anyone else wants to pitch in, that's great.

If a couple of you want to run this as your own team project and just make it your thing, that is great too. But I believe in rewarding people for their time. So you can volunteer, but I don't mind breeding you a nice thank you because I really do appreciate it.

We need a place where Gifters are all collected together and people can find them. And who knows, perhaps it will grow into something larger. We will see!

Edited by natayah

Due to recent Events, I feel that creating a List of Gifters/Breeders (I think a Google Doc Linked for the Breeders to fill out basic info and link to anywhere else they like if they have more to add, something simple to start), Is probably a Top Priority Project for me. There are so many Great Gifting People who Want to Gift, and they all have their specialties and ways they track things. That isn't something you can normally organize in a single thread. So I want those Gifters to have a place they can have a reference for people to find them more easily (and of course, so they can get gifting more often, because really that is what they want is to share the love).

I am not gonna lie here, I'm a bit in the midst of a minor job scramble. It would be really really kind if someone was willing to draw up the basic spreadsheet for me. Would someone or a few someones be willing to put this together, at least a rough outline? Then we can have people go in and fill stuff out (they would get approval first, but it wouldn't be hard so we wouldn't have random people vandalizing the reference sheet), and get some feedback, and probably find a simple format that seems to work best. We can always tweak it as we go.

Again, most gifters have their own spreadsheets, profiles, lists, etc somewhere they keep track of things. So a lot of it will be listing their basic info, and links to wherever people need to go to get more info.

I am willing to pay you to do this (by breeding dragons I mean, don't make any misconceptions). It isn't hard, but I will breed you stuff. I kinda get the feeling that other people might be willing to pitch in. So if there are certain dragons you want from me as a gift for your time and effort, let me know. If anyone else wants to pitch in, that's great.

If a couple of you want to run this as your own team project and just make it your thing, that is great too. But I believe in rewarding people for their time. So you can volunteer, but I don't mind breeding you a nice thank you because I really do appreciate it.

We need a place where Gifters are all collected together and people can find them. And who knows, perhaps it will grow into something larger. We will see!

I would love to help out with the spreadsheet and stuff. It would be nice just if you could explain it via PM what you'd like me to cover with it c: I have a few days off and some time to do it, so I guess we'll have the basics covered in a few days. I have an idea how it's supposed to look but am not sure if that's what you were going with this organization. Also, I'd do this for free happy.gif

Just an FYI, I'm currently working with Amy (thanks so much you are fantastic) on some ideas. However, I'd like to throw it out that if you wanted to see a spreadsheet that had some basic simple info (that of course can link off to other sources like your PM, your profile, or your personal gifting page or spreadsheet), what kind of basic info do you think or would want to see on a spreadsheet?

So I don't just assume and leave something out for people who more regularly do this type of thing.

Hi there! I saw Natayah's post in my thread, and therefore I am writing a reminder smile.gif

Miss Elizabeth's Third Creative Writing 2g prize Contest is still open, and any submissions posted between the end of July until whenever I decide on an end date will qualify for the next prize. Deciding on the end date will be determined when I have an egg available.

(I opened it up early because it has been close to two months without a prize egg being bred, argh, and I had the rules and prompts all set up and just sitting there. Also, this way, there's more time, during the last two contests, I think there was maybe a 7-10 day period for submission?)

Thanks!

Talking wirh natayah in the descripdoom IRC, we've decided to possibly try a weekend event.

It would consist of raffles in the IRC, chat in the channels (#dc, #descripdoom, #dragonlotyo), and description reviewing. This event would run all day Saturday and Sunday, hopefully. It depends on people's schedules, though! Mods might come for these weekends too.

Raffles could include 3G Prizes, NDs, 2g metals, checkers, hatchies, BSAs, and more - it depends on what is brought! Donors, that's where YOU come in.

Schedules so far: (note these are NORMAL times. They won't always be followed!)

Dusky_Flareon (Dusky) - Saturday 11am-1pm and Saturday 8:30ish pm to Sunday 1am most consistently. Might be able to hop on between 10am and 2:30 pm Sun, and then come back later aftwr homework is finished. [Raffling]

Rainstar13 (Rainstar/RainstarKitty) - After 6PM EST on Saturdays, and all day Sundays. [Mod reviewing]

If you're interested, please comment! I'd love for more reviewers, and rafflers of course. Donors would be highly welcomed, too! And schedules too if you plan to make this a regular destination. Maybe some advertising too?

Of course, I'll need some help with this, especially for times I can't cover.

After all, maybe it's time to bring a fresh beeath of life to IRC?

Anyone else have thoughts on this? I'm asking as it's now Friday.

So far, Terces has shown interest, but I'd love more people's thoughts.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

^^^^ I'd love to donate as much as I can if there are people who are prticipating in this.I'm a bit busy so I won't be able to be around in the chat all the time. I think this is a great idea, just hopefully more people will support it smile.gif

How does one publicise this stuff ? NightAssassin has good stuff to raffle off to newbies - but no-one is visiting the thread (in forum games).

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176110

Tell your newbie friends....

Hey Fuzz and others:

(with your kitty box I keep wanting to call you Fuzzy Face like a cat, but I will refrain from that lest I have another kitty chew up my hand due to playing Mr. Sock without a very thick sock. Still have those marks 4 days later. But gotta SAVE ALL THE STRAYS AND LOST ANIMALS!!1)

Basically, anyone at any time can promote anything here. Normally I stalk and comb the threads, but I'm gonna be really honest. I haven't done much since the beginning of Sept. So now that I know about it, I will post a link to this ongoing raffle/lotto in the first few posts so people know to sign up, share it, and donate to it on an ongoing basis. Also, I highly encourage the owner of the forum or anyone who wants to advertise it to feel free to put up a new post anytime they want to do a new update ad about asking for donations, a new raffle being put up, etc. It does get a good amount of attention that way. If I haven't seemed to notice to update the First Posts, feel free to PM me so I will see it more directly and take the few minutes to do that.

Now, there hasn't been a lot of me talking much of Sept because I have a lot of stuff going on irl and am just not here for much time, although I usually glance thru things once every few days at worst. I apologize for that, so if people want something advertised until I've got my stuff sorted out, they are going to need to do some postings, or some convos, or just PM me to update stuff. I will be back to updating things in the near future, I just have to work thru this time period.

So if there is something else I don't have listed, I am not ignoring your event or think it isn't worth mentioning. IRL has grabbed me and you just need to nudge me. This thread was created so any users could use it as they wish. And the holidays are pretty busy times so not as much goes on in between other than a few pop up things. But there is lots of down time in between the big main events, so I highly encourage anyone who feels inspired to do it, and feel free to promote it here.

Also, if you want to have a discussion, or just make a posting, please feel free. I'll be back here regularly in the next month or less.

Want a Fun form of Bingo Lotto Contest? Want to Mod or Help Mod a Really Awesome Player Event Thread? Want a fun place to participate and/or donate?

Check out the Goldenscale Lotto

Edited by natayah

A friendly bump to add that Clya is starting her next raffle VERY soon! She's taking donations today after 5 AM EST and tomorrow on the 24th the sign ups for the raffle will begin. Since this is happening on such short notice she isn't expecting this round to have tons of donations but I'm sure we will still end up with some nice things being raffled off.

Anyone is welcome to participate so I hope to see some of you there! biggrin.gif

Edited by Terces

A friendly bump to add that Clya is starting her next raffle VERY soon! She's taking donations today after 5 AM EST and tomorrow on the 24th the sign ups for the raffle will begin. Since this is happening on such short notice she isn't expecting this round to have tons of donations but I'm sure we will still end up with some nice things being raffled off.

Anyone is welcome to participate so I hope to see some of you there! biggrin.gif

Hey! Thanks for posting this for me, seems you beat me to it!

But as Terces said, I'm back! Windows 10 is gone (hooorrrraaay!) and I have my school schedule worked out. I'm back to my regular, quite often raffles!

I know for sure I want to host two Halloween raffles, one a week before Halloween season starts, and one some point when Halloween dragons are dropping (bred, maybe cb). Maybe on Halloween, I know some people are busy. But there are some things to look forward to in my raffles!

Also, the Eggy Giveaway Game is trying to get back up and running! I think you all should go take a peek, in fact, this is where I got the idea to host raffles. It's a lot of fun when I did it back when I just joined the forums!

Also, the Eggy Giveaway Game is trying to get back up and running! I think you all should go take a peek, in fact, this is where I got the idea to host raffles. It's a lot of fun when I did it back when I just joined the forums!

That's a huge thread. I wonder if there's any way to have it cut down a bit?

Hi all, dear natayah suggested me to post here.

Flash Raffle - Please enter here

I'm doing my first ever raffle, prizes include cb things like green coppers, almandine, aeon etc and some bred stuff including a 4G gold tinsel. Please enter if you're interested. smile.gif

This is just a feeler for me to understand how raffles work and if there's any interest (thankfully there's a lot!). Any feedback is welcome too. smile.gif Thanks!

I agree that the Eggy Giveaway is a great long running player run idea. I've participated in it several times over the years in both incarnations. The last time I had checked in on it, it seemed the thread person (who had rebooted it from the first) was a bit busy. However, if that has changed, I am thrilled to hear it and would encourage everyone to check it out and am glad to add to the list of projects.

There are so many projects that need so much help, so I generally like to focus attention on things that are actively looking for help and are putting in effort and need that bit of push, and/or things that are already up and running and/or things that are almost there and could use the extra traffic or whatever.

Of course, anyone can promote anything, but if the Eggy Giveaway is a more frequent thing, then I want to get it listed! And if they are restarting or rebuilding or looking for more participants to help with the activity, I will be happy to send many people that way.

However, any project that is only sometimes active and sometimes not and isn't really looking to add new people to help generate traffic except for when they have time, I prefer those groups to come over and make announcements so people know when to check in and provide the most support and help.

There is nothing wrong with being a Player Activity that is only active when people are able. That is sorta my life now and I get that. And I would rather have a lot of player activities that are active as they are able then just a tiny few that are active all the time. The best win is when we get ones that are frequently active, or semi frequently active, and then ones that pop up to be awesome when they can. All of those deserve our love, support and participation and encouragement, donation, whatever we can provide.

However, if it is something that only happens sometimes and not on an ongoing basis, I would rather the people who run that event come over here and announce/advertise when their next big thing is (or has just started) so we know when to flock over there and give it the love it deserves. Some things run all the time and we need to check up on them on an ongoing basis. Some things are either getting geared up or need a bit more support to really get going on a more regular basis and those things we need to provide as much support as possible. But if the owner of the activity has opted to do it when they are able (which again, nothing wrong with that, we have a lot of Prize owners who do various 2G Prize Giveaways and are at the mercy of the breeding, but when they have a giveaway, that is a HUGE HUGE deal - just an example, not probably the best since people often check in there often and probably should, but closest I could think of), but if it's something that the owner or OP or event runner is doing as they are able, it is better to advertise here so we know when to go over there and go crazy with love and support and whatever they need.

When it comes to advertising stuff on the "Calendar" or in my Sig, I like them to be ongoing regular things so people aren't randomly clicking only to be disappointed nothing is going on.

However, there is a great deal of value of "special" things that only come up when the people are able to run them. And I'm actually cool with making another front page posts for projects like this (or a special list on one of the other top posts) to kinda distinguish these groups).

In case any 2G Prize Breeders are concerned, you will never be in the "only sometimes" list because you are kinda a special case unless you really really become super inactive and it is just not a common event. And if someone wants to run a one off or give an event a try before committing to time and resources, I respect that. Do what you can. Don't over commit. We have plenty of people who do ongoing things. We have plenty of people who do things as often as we can. It is a great mix. Especially since we have this thing called TJ and staff who have these other "big deals" called Dragon Releases and Holiday Events, which kinda give Player Events a back seat at times because well... they are kinda part of the main part of the game and often sometimes the most exciting parts!

So anyone can advertise anything, but if you want it listed on the front, I just need to clearly known if it is something that is being run as a trial run before further commitment, if it is an ongoing dedicated thing, an ongoing sometimes thing, or a when available once in awhile thing. Because they are going to get listed differently not because we don't love them all, but we need to know which threads need to be checked more often, and which threads needs us to all swoop in on those special occasions to make them a big deal when they need the most support.

Now, anyone can change how often they do whatever anytime they want. So if it changes, let me know so I can update it.

Also, if there is a thread event game that is older and has been closed or seems inactive and you think you would like to take a chance to "revive" it or take a spin on it, contact a forum mod and speak with them. If you are doing something new, well you can always just do your own thing. But if you think you might want to "revive" something, always talk to a mod first and if you are wanting to take something over, they are usually glad to see someone take over something that was once a strong part of the forum and see new life take it over. Or a new variation or reboot or new thread started as another edition.

So if it's old, sometimes, new or ongoing, we need to give love to it all. I just need to know what's going on with the threads before I update the post and if the post owner or person letting me know doesn't want to post all those details in this thread (which I support & respect), just PM me!

I hope that info is helpful to anyone. And if you started something you thought you could do all the time and find you are more restricted on time, going forward, or only sometimes, don't beat yourself up. You can have a sometimes big event. Or you can have people join you. Or if you think it's a great project but just can't dedicate to it anymore, you can always ask for new mods or even consider passing the torch.

Don't be afraid to start something fun and great and then adjust as your life grows. We love what you do here, but IRL is IRL. And that game should always trump this.

Edited by natayah

Everyone!

I am hosting a super awesome, super random, super amazing Flash Raffle RIGHT NOW over at my raffle thread!

You could win a Cave Born Gold hatchling biggrin.gif

It was kindly donated and I extremely suggest you take a look!

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9307431

I just entered Clya's Raffle, wow a CB Male Gold Hatchling what an awesome win, please share with anyone who might be wanting or needing to win some CB Golds! What an awesome Raffle!

Also don't forget about the Holiday Halloween kin Breeding going on (see Calendar Post at beginning of our thread!)