TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

I wonder if the hatchlings are different shades according to the time they hatch, like the sunrise/sunset

because i seen some that were light blue, but then mine hatched dark blue, or if they change color according to the time of day like the nocturnes and spirit wards

Edited by Tasokie

Mine are all dark. Which suits me fine - the dark coloration is pretty~

They do have a custom hatching sequence but the egg should never become opaque during any point of it.

Odd, I have some eggs going dark then others staying transparent on a totally white bg.... Hrmmm

They do have a custom hatching sequence but the egg should never become opaque during any point of it.

All mine have gone opaque for stage 2 so far, so I suppose something's messed up for that specific one.

The way I see it, there are three possibilities:

1. The solid-looking cracking stage is a glitch

2. There is some aspect of raising these that we haven't figured out yet, connected to the solid-looking egg and possibly light/dark hatchlings

3. Odeen is being deliberately misleading with the comment on the solid-looking egg

Considering the major trolling, speculation, and mystery surrounding this release, I think all of these are equally possible. laugh.gif

I thought I heard that the hatchlings switch between the two colors? Or was that just TJ manipulating them? If not, does anyone know if they stay that color when you freeze them?

Welp 4 of mine have hatched and are all dark hatchies. Waiting on the other 2 that are close, they have about an hour each.

Edited by SyrusAllen

Got 3 hours left on my eggs biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif. What I've seen so far is the stage 3 eggs are opaque to some extent but the rest of the stages are transparent. If you look on the 'currently being released' section of the wiki you can see a full set of hatching stages. Hope that helps smile.gif

So they are either like Sunrises/Sunsets (which I hope they are not because I am never on in the mornings DC Time) or like Limestones and Spirit Wards? I know we have seen the dark/light forms now. I really hope they are not like sunrise/sunsets or I will cry because I can never get Sunrises myself xd.png Oh well just got to wait and see rolleyes.gif

As near as I could see from reading through this whole huge thread over the last few days, there was only one instance of TJ's hatchling turning light blue for a few minutes and then returning to dark. There was a screen cap picture posted, I believe. But that is all I ever saw about light blue hatchies, except for other people referring to that same occurrence.

*whispers ominously* Roosters... ugly roosters...

That would be hilarious laugh.gif

I will not stick these in more than 3 ERs...

*whispers*

...But I'm tempted to....

So the dark cracking ones are just a transparency flaw and I'm assuming a fix is in the works

Edited by ParticleSoup

One dark hatchie! Do people have the lighter colored ones, or a mix?

Edit; oh I think i read some posts wrong (tired). Maybe it's the alt version, spriters alt?

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

I put one of the normal transparent eggs in an image editor and made it completely opaque, then compared it to the dark stage 2 egg.

The colors are still certainly different, so it doesn't seem like a transparency issue. It seems that the dark egg uses the same color as the shadow of the baby dragon in the normal ones.

My guess is that they're accidentally using an older version of the egg sprite?

Been watching some of the more recent hatchlings, no colour change of yet. My incubated egg is due to hatch in about an hour but the rest will take 2. Almost there! biggrin.gif

2 hatchies at this posting, and both are dark right out of the shell.

For me, the colour of the egg seems to depend on the skin I use.

Translucent: Default, Portal 2 light, St. Patrick's Day, 1960

Non translucent: Portal 2

Maybe it's the background colour. Except Portal 2 all the skins are rather light.

Mine are about to hatch within the next hour.

All my current seven have hatched and are the dark blue.

Carry on with your speculatin'. xd.png

I currently have 5 transparent eggs and 2 opaque, so it's not a site skin issue.

Edit: lineage view only shows transparent eggs, so you'll have to take my word for it that two of them are transparent on the view page. I caught the two opaque eggs in the Coast and Desert.

Edit2: Ah, apparently that's because of the stage they're in smile.gif

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

I currently have 5 transparent eggs and 2 opaque, so it's not a site skin issue.

Edit: lineage view only shows transparent eggs, so you'll have to take my word for it that two of them are transparent on the view page. I caught the two opaque eggs in the Coast and Desert.

Oh, that's just because of the stage they're on..all eggs at that stage are opaque at the moment. Odeen has said that's unintentional, but then again..

@MessengerDragon, oh cool you froze it! I had considered that but decided against it. Very curious about that action

Now to see how a gendered frozen looks

Edited by ParticleSoup

I think it's safe to say that everyone has dark blue so far.

EDIT:

Hallelujah!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/f626S

Guess what? No release button. But a cool action instead... happy.gif

Is that a frozen hatchling? Do they turn light blue when frozen? o.o And what's the cool action anyways? D: