TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

They ARE still dropping in every Biome, on the hour and on the fives. My hon managed to punt his misclick to the AP and catch his last one with no troubles.

This. But I've also had some luck watching eggs I thought would move between the fives(like antareans, for example) and catching the new eggs when they appeared in their place.

I caught 6 of them yesterday and 1 today.

I also dropped 2 PB Saphire's into the AP yesterday too.

Edited by Skitty8

I am so sorry I didn't catch any sad.gif

I only once saw those but they were already gone, and since then nothing...

I'm wondering whether the adults might look completely different than the eggs and hatchies and that's part of the joke...

My theory as well

Ok, I guess I'm bored (and obsessing) because I've been here all day hoping to figure out (or have TJ tell us) what the joke/trick is for this egg. I've already posted my one theory of what the 'can't even breed' part of his comment means, but then I started thinking about the words "can't even breed" and so I've come up with another possible meaning/answer - could that possibly mean you can't create an even gen breeding (only stair or spiral or ??)? I know that's a stretch on the possible meaning but as I said I'm bored and obsessing.

Dee

If you're not seeing any in the cave, the most logical explanation is that they're being taken very quickly. Just do your best and you'll end up with a few!

Also, here are my theories for the new release, none of which are proven but are just some of my ideas as to what exactly they are and some possible information about them:

-They seem very similar to papers, cheeses, dinos, and chickens, since you're not able to breed them.

-I think they'll have a BSA. Their descriptions so far foreshadow that they may be quite powerful.

-In a few weeks/months they may become as rare as papers, cheeses, etc.

-Possibly aliens?

-Maybe not even a prank at all... though it's very unlikely.

-If it is a prank, perhaps something will happen to your scroll or to themselves when they become adults.

-What happened with the hatchlings changing color could have been TJ accidentally using an alt sprite instead of the planned sprite.

Just my ideas, and remember, nothing here is proven.

Edited by Purpzie

I think TJ wants us to think its a joke and then see our response when it's perfectly normal >o< Everyone is too suspicious, I'm just excited for this new dragon!

My thunder egg hatched so that opened the spot for another one of these and it was the easiest one I've caught thus far. I don't know if I was just really lucky or if everyone's already egg locked, but if you're still looking, it's much easier than it was yesterday.

Wow, I'm away from my computer and on my phone and I just managed to catch my 7th egg. I thought it was tomorrow when I could hunt again. It's also an achievement to post here on my phone!

I saw this thread and rushed to the cave. I loaded the desert just as 5:25 happened and I managed to grab one (here).

This seems like it could be a mix of real and fake. I have no idea but I can't wait to find out!

I was not expecting another release so soon x.x

Muss try to get some!

I can not wait to find out more infro on these new guys egg locked now with six grabbed my last two in the jungle. I do wish TJ or someone would give more infro though.Thank you TJ and the spriters who done these eggs they look Awesome!!! biggrin.gif

This.  But I've also had some luck watching eggs I thought would move between the fives(like antareans, for example) and catching the new eggs when they appeared in their place.

laugh.gif This really worked so well for me just now! I spotted a Tsunami egg in the coast and thought someone would probably grab it so I could try for a new egg that might be waiting behind it. Then I realized that the Tsunami had a Z code and I had to grab it myself! So much for that egg space! blink.gif

Maybe I should stick to trying to trade for these. laugh.gif If only I had anything tradeworthy!

Edited by purplehaze

Managed to take my fourth egg! Wasn't easy, phew.

I have another slot actually, but four eggs is okay for me biggrin.gif

Oh man... I had to work and so only managed to get two. :/ The second one only just now. At least I can have a male and a female since there are dimorphic sprites at least.

Okay, so without reading through nearly seventy pages of posts, can I assume this is what we're looking at?

user posted image --> user posted image --> user posted image --> user posted image

Okay, so without reading through nearly seventy pages of posts, can I assume this is what we're looking at?

user posted image --> user posted image --> user posted image --> user posted image

No. That's a Teimarr dragon.

...no.

No. That's a Teimarr dragon.

...hence the April Fool's release date. shades.png

EDIT after seeing Odeen's post: Heehee! So much for thinking I'd figured out the prank. smile.gif

Edited by Evilminion

so i'm super late to the speculation party but w/e.

- Maybe the 'like other dragons' is hinting that it's a new drake species, which would explain the seemingly sarcastic 'we think you'll really love it' seeing as drakes are generally not very popular?

- The 'like other dragons' suggests that it'll be a dragon (or similar) and they won't suddenly turn into something funky.

- It probably wouldn't be a one off unbreedable because people would be fuming about that. So either these are permanent or drop seasonally and behave like cheeses, dinos, etc, in that they don't breed; or they may or may not drop again, but they spawn in some other way. Maybe asexually? :s

- Seeing as they can be bitten and it'd probably be a coding nightmare to sort it out, I wouldn't have thought they'd have anything special happen to them in the near future, like disappearing.

- I really like the whole alien idea, given the egg and hatchling descriptions, but I don't know if that'd be going against 'dc law' and making it too modern? I feel like aliens are generally considered to be a fairly 'modern' concept, given old attitudes to the nature of the universe.

bahhh idk i've spent like 10 minutes staring at the announcement trying to think of things aha.

edit: it's late and i've just realised most of this makes no sense. be gentle.

Edited by quupee

- I really like the whole alien idea, given the egg and hatchling descriptions, but I don't know if that'd be going against 'dc law' and making it too modern? I feel like aliens are generally considered to be a fairly 'modern' concept, given old attitudes to the nature of the universe.

I really, really like the alien theory. Especially the theory that they only reproduce by cloning/infecting/etc. Aliens are not really "modern" at least not if you look at things a certain way. For instance, there are cave paintings that have been found with what look like ufos on them.

Conspiracy theory: the adults cannot be released because these alien parasites will stick to your dragons even if you try to get rid of them. The only way to make them disappear (besides killing them) is to let them infect some other dragons.

Whelp completely missed this one. Way to go me.

Do you reckon they'll be rare or easily traded for?