TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

I think I'll wait to freeze anything. I hate freezing Caveborns, especially not knowing if these will be rare or not.

It looks like the breed/releasing BSA has been figured out according to the wiki.

Spoilers:

However, if 'returning to the material plane' means the black version - I'm kind of sad well have to keep BSAing to keep them in their solid state, it's so pretty!

I saw a light blue hatchie at AoND, but then it disappeared. None of the ones I've hatched yet have been light blue.

I saw a light blue hatchie at AoND, but then it disappeared. None of the ones I've hatched yet have been light blue.

Highlight to see:

They'll never hatch that light blue. That one you saw was frozen and that's why it disappeared like it did~

Please don't quote me XD

Edited by ParticleSoup

I thought the BSA would do something with an interesting effect over other dragons rather than just adding more steps to its breeding/release process. Don't get me wrong, the new dragons are lovely, but I do think that it sort of wasn't necessary. Unless the BSA does more than what we've discovered. I think I'd like it more if the BSA changed the dragon's appearance for longer than a week.

Well, I'm egglocked with these pretties again! (and one missclick that I will take care of at dinner)

These are seriously gorgeous, I can't wait to see what will happen when they grow up!!

Interesting BSA....I'm really curious to know exactly what it does.

Maybe it's used on themselves to allow breeding?

Ohhh man, all this new spoilery info is super interesting, now I really can't wait for mine to grow up. I do feel a bit hesitant about freezing a CB hatchie, but fortunately I just caught an egg, so if the adults don't have the BSA I can just freeze that one. Also, the BSA description seemed to imply that these are named "Celestials", which is a super pretty name biggrin.gif

Wait, how do we know they have a BSA? I'm behind lol

EDIT: Nevermind read through last 2 pages.

Edited by American-Dragons

I thought the BSA would do something with an interesting effect over other dragons rather than just adding more steps to its breeding/release process. Don't get me wrong, the new dragons are lovely, but I do think that it sort of wasn't necessary. Unless the BSA does more than what we've discovered. I think I'd like it more if the BSA changed the dragon's appearance for longer than a week.

Yeah... for longer definitely. Especially as the short lasting color is better^^ I mean, the other is kind of like a blank version of the dark form...

I wish it worked more like with Aegis - you decide when to change the color if at all.

And in case of adults maybe like the corporeal form stays for as long as the adult is not bred? and then withc hatchies it would simply have a 'back to ethereal' revert BSA with 30days cooldown between each change?

Omg, the lineages with those will be horrible xd.png People could take the Aegis oath but with these April dragons it won't work at all... Who would remove theirs from breeding entirely just to e.g. keep it bright in the lineage(s)? They'll be switching like crazy, exactly what people disliked with Aegis, just with Aegis it was controlable... (well, not my problem, I only do PBs but still)

Edited by VixenDra

*...names hers after the characters in the book I've been writing for a year* c_c I knew parking on those names would pay off.

Why I say 'pay off' (highlight to read, ties into the spoilers so far): They're from a species made primarily of dark matter (i.e. non-electromagnetically interacting particles, like neutrinos, except, y'know, not neutrinos), who nonetheless interface with the baryonic world, taking on avatars when they feel like it - and they feel like it for most of their existence, even.

I wonder if multiple eggs refers to multi clutches (probable) or to breeding more than once on that week. A bit annoying that they will not be able to breed for one month afterwards.

Huh, looks like my guess on them breeding via a new special BSA was correct. Go me! Glad I could also learn what the BSA was without having to freeze a hatchie. I really dislike frozens on my scroll. ^-^

I wonder if multiple eggs refers to multi clutches (probable) or to breeding more than once on that week. A bit annoying that they will not be able to breed for one month afterwards.

That's interesting too! Oh how exciting to come back online this morning to all of this. I never freeze new release CB stuff so I'll just wait it out to test everything... Lineages will be crazy that's for sure

Edit; oh, and if people need more views on these guys, is that a hint they could be rare? Rarer stuff tends to need more views to hatch, don't they?

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Interesting BSA....I'm really curious to know exactly what it does.

Maybe it's used on themselves to allow breeding?

same... really curious as to what it will ultimately wind up being able to do.

Woop, my first one hatched and I caught another almost immediately. smile.gif Now I have one from each biome, which is nice. Not gonna freeze any of my first batch, though - I wanna let my April 1st babies become adults if possible.

Yeah... for longer definitely. Especially as the short lasting color is better^^ I mean, the other is kind of like a blank version of the dark form...

I wish it worked more like with Aegis - you decide when to change the color if at all.

And in case of adults maybe like the corporeal form stays for as long as the adult is not bred? and then withc hatchies it would simply have a 'back to ethereal' revert BSA with 30days cooldown between each change?

Omg, the lineages with those will be horrible xd.png People could take the Aegis oath but with these April dragons it won't work at all... Who would remove theirs from breeding entirely just to e.g. keep it bright in the lineage(s)? They'll be switching like crazy, exactly what people disliked with Aegis, just with Aegis it was controlable... (well, not my problem, I only do PBs but still)

Yeah! Definitely. If this BSA could be tweaked so this dragon could be like the Aegis as in us being able to select its form, that would be amazing! But at this point I doubt it. I think there's still hope for this BSA though - since there's not any adults yet, there might be something really cool we don't know about it smile.gif

That's interesting too! Oh how exciting to come back online this morning to all of this. I never freeze new release CB stuff so I'll just wait it out to test everything... Lineages will be crazy that's for sure

Edit; oh, and if people need more views on these guys, is that a hint they could be rare? Rarer stuff tends to need more views to hatch, don't they?

My first two hatched on time with a bit under 500 UVs. I think the original comment was from someone who forgot to incubate, so her eggs were still over 4 days

I think there's still hope for this BSA though - since there's not any adults yet, there might be something really cool we don't know about it smile.gif

I find the whole thing really cool already. Great release.

Yeah! Definitely. If this BSA could be tweaked so this dragon could be like the Aegis as in us being able to select its form, that would be amazing! But at this point I doubt it. I think there's still hope for this BSA though - since there's not any adults yet, there might be something really cool we don't know about it smile.gif

I'm in the other boat, hoping they don't get changed (which I don't think they would so long as no one starts a big deal or anything haha), I like them being so different, adds a bit of spice

Can someone please explain the bsa and everything we've discovered about these new dragons to me? Either through just posting here or through pm (so I don't have to worry about highlighting things) is fine with me.

I just need clarification blink.gif

Can someone please explain the bsa and everything we've discovered about these new dragons to me? Either through just posting here or through pm (so I don't have to worry about highlighting things) is fine with me.

I just need clarification blink.gif

Check the wikia page on them, it explains most of what we know and are speculating

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Cave_Wiki

(under "view current release")

God I hate the lag at the top of the hour... dry.gif

ETA: Are these still falling? Saw none at any of the fives between 12:30 and 1 and with the lag... and now I'm still not seeing any. Just how rare are these guys?

Edited by Ayelldee

Awww, my first eggs won't hatch until just after I have to leave for work. Something to look forward to, but man am I going to be distracted today, lol.

and... the joke is that we finally get the option to unfreeze and have multiclutches again, just not quite the way we expected?

Edited by Tawanda001

God I hate the lag at the top of the hour... dry.gif

ETA: Are these still falling? Saw none at any of the fives between 12:30 and 1 and with the lag... and now I'm still not seeing any. Just how rare are these guys?

I've seen quite a few, you just have to be quick. I got one less than an hour ago. They're still dropping cool.gif