TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

Um... I'm not sure if this is intended, but it looks a lot like you can abandon the eggs. The action screen pops up as it should. (I really don't want to test this because I only was able to get one...)

You can. What tj said was that we wouldn't be able to release them. But that's something we cannot test till we have adults or frozen hatchies. And he could be teasing us, like odeen is doing - messing with our heads... laugh.gif

I've seen both egg sprites at stage 0. Here is a screenshot of my Daily Dragon Fix account info page, taken just a moment ago. I see all the new egg sprites as the dark one on DDF and as the light one on my scroll: http://berbdcat.deviantart.com/art/Screens...%253A1459616768

Oh that's just because of the transparency. The eggs are going to look way darker on black or dark backgrounds and the dragon inside being dark too doesn't help XD

@heytheregirl, I'm pretty sure that's intentional; releasing is not the same action as abandoning.

Woke up... first thing is... check on my BABY EGGY.... they all there wub.gif

Went to the cave.. they are still dropping.... biggrin.gif

Gee, it would almost be worth giving one of these away just so I could grab another. Not much to do when you're egg-locked.

I've seen both egg sprites at stage 0. Here is a screenshot of my Daily Dragon Fix account info page, taken just a moment ago. I see all the new egg sprites as the dark one on DDF and as the light one on my scroll: http://berbdcat.deviantart.com/art/Screens...%253A1459616768

The egg is partly transparent, so if you put it on a dark background, you won't really be able to make out the hatchling in the egg and the egg looks 'smooth', but if you put it on a lighter background, you'll see the hatchling silhouette as intended.

You can also see that effect if you use the Portal 2 skin. I was a bit confused about the two eggs I managed to snag, since they looked quite different from what I saw on the wiki page, but realised it was just the transparency playing sneaky tricks on me. biggrin.gif

I've seen both egg sprites at stage 0. Here is a screenshot of my Daily Dragon Fix account info page, taken just a moment ago.  I see all the new egg sprites as the dark one on DDF and as the light one on my scroll:  http://berbdcat.deviantart.com/art/Screens...%253A1459616768

My reply was in response to the stage 2 cracked sprite on the wiki. :3 As ParticleSoup pointed out, the other stages (including 0) are all going to be dark on dark-colored scrolls and other site backgrounds. The egg sprite that I posted is on a transparent background and my scroll is lightly colored, so the difference between that stage and the rest is obvious. I encourage you to open up the egg image in a new browser tab by itself if that helps.

Edited by Jazeki

Do people have cracking eggs?

I think I saw a post of some.

What if some of the eggs are duds that never hatch??

...At least, they are pretty eggs though.

just got my 6th one of these guys, cant wait to see how they turn out & what the whole abnormal breeding thing is about ohmy.gif

Finally got my 7th. I had to wait for a hatching. I think they will have some cat-like bsa. I hope they can reproduce somehow...

I'm still crossing my fingers that the breeding thing was part of the April Fool's joke. Regardless of breeding, I am not sure why he would make something unable to be released, especially given the dislike of zombies being unreleasable, thus expunge being created. That part at least strikes me very much like it won't be true.

Edited by Nectaris

I'm still crossing my fingers that the breeding thing was part of the April Fool's joke. Regardless of breeding, I am not sure why he would make something unable to be released, especially given the dislike of zombies being unreleasable, thus expunge being created. That part at least strikes me very much like it won't be true.

They might reproduce differently. Vamps do it by biting; these might do it some other way...

They might reproduce differently. Vamps do it by biting; these might do it some other way...

Yeah, but if they reproduced through a BSA AND needed a BSA to be released, that would require two BSAs on one dragon, which hasn't been done, and I am not a fan of. Which to me means that one, if not both of those statements likely isn't true.

I'm wondering whether the adults might look completely different than the eggs and hatchies and that's part of the joke...

Yeah, but if they reproduced through a BSA AND needed a BSA to be released, that would require two BSAs on one dragon, which hasn't been done, and I am not a fan of.  Which to me means that one, if not both of those statements likely isn't true.

I was thinking if they BSA reproduce like vamps, that's one bsa for this specific dragon itself. Expunge, via soulpeaces, which is a different dragons bsa, could 'release' them. Which to me isn't two bsa's for one dragon... It's much like how people influence and incubate an egg, I don't count that as two bsa's on one dragon either, just being used by different dragons to one dragon.

BUT if you did count that, and used influ +incu on a dragon, like an Earth (or soulpeace, or vamp, or magi, or purple...), then technically it has 3 bsa's for one dragon

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

ummm I keep trying to get one,but I don't see where to

they are dropping in every biome. You do have to be quick though, they go by fast.

It's probably a prank, I see none of them in the biomes or the abandoned cave.

It's probably a prank, I see none of them in the biomes or the abandoned cave.

They are dropping, but not a lot and they're being taken fast. You have to be quick. And there's none in the AP because they haven't been out long enough for any abandoned ones to show there yet - if there are any, they're still stuck in the AP queue.

They ARE still dropping in every Biome, on the hour and on the fives. My hon managed to punt his misclick to the AP and catch his last one with no troubles.