TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

I honestly dont think TJ would go so far as to give us something that goes on our scroll and then just take it away. At least with I think last april the joke eggs never went on your scroll to begin with. I don't think there has been a single april fools that we got something and then just got it taken away. That would be in awfully poor taste for a joke in my opinion.

exactly.

and Noranora, they drop in all biomes, just already mixed in deeply:( you can check e.g. my scroll, I have some.

Edited by VixenDra

Hah, my scroll has a near-black background, so I've been wondering why I couldn't see inside them.

For the people thinking the eggs will disappear: think about it. Then rethink it. Has TJ ever played a cruel prank? Sure, he replaced sprites with carrots and turned some into dinosaurs, but that was temporary and fun. Has there ever been a time when eggs were totally removed (not including glitches)? That doesn't strike me as the type of prank TJ would play. He's provided a fun game and has tried to ensure most players are happy with it. Removing eggs that people have abandoned for, influenced, etc wouldn't be a prank. That would be mean.

For those still freaking out over whether this is a real release or not- I honestly think there is a lot of evidence in favour of this being a real release. Just look at past April Fool's day jokes- in 2009, uncatchable eggs were presented and in 2013, Festival of Eggs eggs were "released" in-cave. All the times a possible release was done on April Fool's, it was clearly a joke as nothing could actually be caught.

On top of this, April Fool's day has actually seen a release already- the green and red Nebula dragon sprites were released on April 1st of 2011. Also, the Encyclopedia started off as an April Fool's joke but has now been made a reality.

Honestly, I don't think a spriter would have gone through the effort of making a whole new dragon just as a joke, especially one as beautiful and detailed as this with such a unique concept (particularly the egg hatching sequence).

For the people thinking the eggs will disappear: think about it. Then rethink it. Has TJ ever played a cruel prank? Sure, he replaced sprites with carrots and turned some into dinosaurs, but that was temporary and fun. Has there ever been a time when eggs were totally removed (not including glitches)? That doesn't strike me as the type of prank TJ would play. He's provided a fun game and has tried to ensure most players are happy with it. Removing eggs that people have abandoned for, influenced, etc wouldn't be a prank. That would be mean.

I agree with this completely and I feel absolutely certain that we're going to keep these little ones. Especially since, to add another point, why would TJ go to the immense trouble of coding all this stuff for these eggs (influencing, hatching sequence, and hatchlings to name a few things,) if they will just poof? That would be a lot of effort on his part that he would then have to go back and uncode.

On another note, I'm almost willing to believe the joke is quite literally that there is actually no joke and that everyone is being paranoid, or, just the fact that these dragons will just behave much differently than the others so he figured they'd be most appropriate to release on april fool's day.

Either way, I think we all need to just feel calm and confident that we won't be losing these newbies. I'm pretty sure TJ is plenty smart enough to know that would only make us all mad/sad and wouldn't wanna do that to us.

No way this is a joke. If it is, it's foolish and mean. To drop an egg that hatches properly and grows into a hatchling like normal, and then have it disappear from our scrolls? The joke has never been mean like that before, and I hope they won't start now.

I can't really get one of those eggs right now since I'm at my egg limit and also too slow...sad.gif Anybody know if/how you can get one later? Supposing they don't just disappear again.

(particularly the egg hatching sequence).

Do you have a way for me to see this sequence? I haven't seen it yet sad.gif

I'm starting to think the prank is watching us all squirm trying to figure out if it's a prank. That did happen a couple of years back, when the dragon encyclopedia was announced exactly one minute before April 1st and no one thought it was for real. Then a while later we all got the encyclopedia.

If this release is for real (and for now at least it seems to be) it could be the first unbreedable released since (according to the wiki) the purple dino/cheese release. In 2009. That's enough of a change of pace to throw most people for a loop. I'm hoping that it is, because I love unbreedables. But there ends my rampant speculation tongue.gif

I also have to say, I really like the hatchlings. They look promising.

Do you have a way for me to see this sequence? I haven't seen it yet sad.gif

Sadly only part of it is currently captured on the wiki but you can still see it here. It kinda looks like the dragon is sliding out of slime-pod (? don't know what it's called), kinda like the things you see in sci-fi movies involving aliens tongue.gif

Edit: ninja.gif

Edited by bluesonic1

Honestly, I don't think a spriter would have gone through the effort of making a whole new dragon just as a joke, especially one as beautiful and detailed as this with such a unique concept (particularly the egg hatching sequence).

That's my reasoning too

So unless they actually grow up to be dragons that morph into furniture or something I'm not thinking this is a joke.

Oh and "Posted: Mar 31 2016, 11:00 PM" if you go look at the opening post. So techinically it wasn't April 1st yet tongue.gif

Edited by Clya

I just realized, I really want to see these with Deepseas.

I cannot waaaaiiiitttt! Forget April Fool's, I can't wait to see adults tongue.gif

Edit: @Clya, that's just for you unfortunately - it was midnight for me, and cave time.

Edited by Areous

Oh and "Posted: Mar 31 2016, 11:00 PM" if you go look at the opening post. So techinically it wasn't April 1st yet tongue.gif

That might be due to whatever timezone you have set on the forums- for me, it shows as April 1st 2pm tongue.gif

I'm honestly thinking the joke lies within the whole "can't breed or release" thing. But I guess we will see? O,o

I think the 'prank' is probably how soon this was after the Antareans and Sapphires, personally.

That might be due to whatever timezone you have set on the forums- for me, it shows as April 1st 2pm tongue.gif

Oh whoops sorry

I'm on DC/EST time so I just assumed xd.png

Guess my forum time wasn't right dry.gif

Aaaaaand now I've got slots free, they're hard to catch xd.png They ARE still dropping - seen some in Alpine, but they're gone in seconds. Probably best to wait until the hourly drop.

Man, I wish I had checked last night when things are usually crazy! D: I don't think I'll ever get even one. sad.gif They're really pretty. At first, I was skeptical because of the date, but after seeing that they've been caught and stuff I found I might as well give it a shot and try catching one, but people are so much faster :V Darnit. Hopefully I can catch at least one or two or something before it's even harder to find them. :/

I hope this isn't a prank but it would be rather nontraditional if there wasn't one to be had today...

At this point I don't think the eggs are fake but I do feel like they will prank us in some way...Maybe the joke will be that the adult form will look nothing like the hatchlings? But I really hope its like HeartJacker13 said and the joke is you actually can breed and release.

I think the 'prank' is probably how soon this was after the Antareans and Sapphires, personally.

This. Plus people trying to release them only to find that it actually works. xd.png

I will be royally ticked if these aren't permanent in some manner. After the trouble of catching them and watching they grow and gender? (Holy crap they look like grown dergs already! I thought for a second they were adult pygmies and had to click the image to check!). Please let these Fry Meme eggs actually turn into a permanent release!!!