TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

Were new releases not always on weekends? Or did I mishear that?

Well it isn't anyone's fault that April 1st is on a weekday c:

Edited by Ashywolf

I have a little theory. Has anybody got a Dino, Paper or Cheese egg? If so, is there an option to "Influence" any of them? Maybe the prank is thinking we can influence the new release egg but we actually can't as they end up being Ungendered dragons (could explain why TJ stated they can't breed). I could be totally wrong, and possibly already attempted unsure.gif

Edited by Sinion Kabe

I have a little theory. Has anybody got a Dino, Paper or Cheese egg? If so, is there an option to "Influence" any of them? Maybe the prank is thinking we can influence but we actually can't (could explain why TJ stated they can't breed). I could be totally wrong, and possibly already attempted unsure.gif

If you mean them being a genderless species, then that's already proven wrong; TJ's hatchies have gendered into males and a female, last I checked, so I would *think* that you could influence them if they can gender? Of course, it's totally possible that a hatchie could gender while not being able to influence the gender (at least I think so).

But what if I WANT to be able to breed these lovelies with my other dragons? They're very very nice!

OK, the breeding part can be explained one way or another, but the fact that we can't release them like other dragons still confuses me. blink.gif

If you mean them being a genderless species, then that's already proven wrong; TJ's hatchies have gendered into males and a female, last I checked, so I would *think* that you could influence them if they can gender? Of course, it's totally possible that a hatchie could gender while not being able to influence the gender (at least I think so).

Yes, I noticed that TJ's hatchlings have gendered. Far fetched, but it could be part of the prank to baffle us more. That's why I was wondering if somebody had a Dino, Paper, Cheese or Chicken egg on their scroll so that they could just check their actions. Long shot but we are all scratching our heads here so worth throwing out there.

Edited by Sinion Kabe

Well my dinos don't have a breed option - it's been greyed out.

ETA: I've managed to grab four - and a misclicked Tiemarr dry.gif .

Edited by oddsoxdi

The wording "we think you'll really love it" on the first page makes me a little nervous for some reason. But these are very pretty so far!

Oh noooo! I'm late! They're hard to grab too.

Lurk the biomes during every five minute drop, you'll surely catch at least some. smile.gif

@Sinion Kabe: Usually when you try to influence a dino, paper or cheese you instantly see not available for this breed written in brackets, but I don't know if it changed today. unsure.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

The fact that these dropped on April 1 makes me wary, but the fact that they're actually dropping in cave and obtainable is promising.

I can't help but feel that I'm missing a reference or something based off their appearance.

@Sinion Kabe: Usually when you try to influence a dino, paper or cheese you instantly see not available for this breed written in brackets, but I don't know if it changed today. unsure.gif

As far as I can tell it hasn't

My brother has a cheese dragon egg sitting on his scroll that I gave him a yesterday, and we just checked together and see if we could influence it. It's greyed out (for him at least) so I'm going to assume that it hasn't changed.

Oooohhh... thank the Gods that I checked Facebook today! ^^;;;

Those look absolutely great! Love them!

Caught my first one, hoping for five more, since I've got one misclick that I can't abandon (yet...). ^^

Thank you, TJ!

If they vanish tomorrow there's going to be so, so many angry people.

I doubt anybody has any Dino, Paper, Cheese or Chicken eggs to even check :/ Maybe, for this day only, they can be Influenced and Gendered but still can't breed once they reach Adulthood. Or maybe this just simply applies to the New Release. Could be totally wrong though, of course.

Edited by Sinion Kabe

Nah, you wants gonna happen? They're gonna transform into a new type of Dino. lol jk

Just traded an Alpine for a Jungle, so they can be traded as eggs.

The abandon option is available on these eggs. Of course I am not going to do it tongue.gif

Maybe the April Fool's joke is TJ trolling us biggrin.gif

Edited by Naughtrish

I doubt anybody has any Dino, Paper, Cheese or Chicken eggs to even check :/ Maybe, for this day only, they can be Influenced and Gendered but still can't breed once they reach Adulthood. Or maybe this just simply applies to the New Release. Could be totally wrong though, of course.

Don't forget that we have a genderable unbreedable, the Vampire.

As far as I can tell it hasn't

My brother has a cheese dragon egg sitting on his scroll that I gave him a yesterday, and we just checked together and see if we could influence it. It's greyed out (for him at least) so I'm going to assume that it hasn't changed.

Ahh ok, well it was worth a shot lol. Thanks for confirming, Clya.

I hope we can freeze them so the light blue and dark blue ungendered hatchling can be displayed. They're so cute!