TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Today's task was mildly annoying, I completely forgot until like 6 pm so I had to rush and finish it. I think I went through 10 cats and a few crashes before I found Buffy. I choose to give the cat back because I wouldn't feel right keeping it.

Don't worry about missing a day. All the days must be played sequentially, so even if you're too busy for 2-3 days in a row you can still complete those missed days!

Don't feel rushed, we don't want anyone to make any choices they might regret later. :3

I broke something. Is that supposed to be broken?

The trinket thing? I broke that too.

It probably forces you to break it, and the 'naughty or nice' choice is whether to blame the magelight or not.

Today's event looks promising. Where did that "Magelight and beans" joke come from, anyway?

The magelight release, mainly to do with users (me and ADP, if I remember correctly) asking if miners would use them for light in the tunnels.

Ok, for those who want to know, this is what you do: (highlight to see)

First you talk to the courier boy. He gives you some oil, a bag of beans, and a magelight pygmy. You need to take them west to the mining camp. Go west and north til you come to the bridge. You can't take all them over at the same time, so take over the pygmy first, then go get the beans. Once you cross with the beans, take the pygmy back over the bridge, drop him, and get the oil, take that over. Then come back and again take the pygmy over the bridge. You will then automatically pick them all up and go into the mining cabin. The miner will take the beans and oil into the next room to store. You go to the center table, and break the object on it. When the miner comes back you admit it was you, not the pygmy who broke. He thanks you for being honest. Voila, you are done.

Oooooh, how delightful! I have a little dragon friend to follow me. laugh.gif Aw, I wish I could keep him. :'(

My entire game was reset and now I need to do the first two days again. :s I had to enter a name and pick a color again. Was there a glitch/oversight fix that could have caused it, or is this just horrible, horrible luck?

Edited by 11th

What was the joke with the beans?? D: I tried to move the beans first, because I thought it was a logic puzzle like the dog / goat / hay one (or however that question went), and I thought he'd eat the beans if I left him with 'em--so I only got the "he might burn the oil" warning. :'c

Also Quark is TOO CUTE. I felt really bad about making him fly in that cold weather, honestly--I'd have tucked him in my parka hood if I could've!

I went with the naughty choice today, and my tree is back to being all droopy laugh.gif *admit nothing* (It was beginning to look so healthy after the cat business too...) Quark is soo cute though!

Finished day 3 and back home but I did explore a little before going across the bridge and Quark caused me to be stuck once out of bounds (he pushed me and then blocked my way to get back - naughty imp) and I had to reset. After that I decided to get to the mining camp and explore once day 3 was complete so I didn't have to start over again.

What was the joke with the beans?? D: I tried to move the beans first, because I thought it was a logic puzzle like the dog / goat / hay one (or however that question went), and I thought he'd eat the beans if I left him with 'em--so I only got the "he might burn the oil" warning. :'c

Also Quark is TOO CUTE. I felt really bad about making him fly in that cold weather, honestly--I'd have tucked him in my parka hood if I could've!

Well, he might also eat the beans if left unattended. :P

I also can't access the event? I have the black screen, if it's any help to people I had to close the tab out one the first day, just as I was starting it. I just picked my favorite color, bounced for a bit, came back on, and viola! A beautiful black screen shining with holiday mirth xd.png

Oh so thats why my tree was droopy at first

i accidentally double hit space so i selected something selfish i think for the tree choosing...

That was a fun little game! I wondered if it would be like the little logic puzzle about crossing in a boat and having to keep things separate.

Now to go explore.

I can't actually play the game until tomorrow (It's still the 20th for me) when I'll have access to a laptop with a better connection than the old desktop/dial-up so I'll have a bit of catching up to do but thank you game creators/organizers for letting us be able to go through everything even if we miss a day or two. ^-^

Some of you wanted to take home all the stray cats but can I please give the Magelight a home?? <3 He'll have lots and lots of new friends to play and orchestrate bean-related hi-jinx with! :3

The Magelights and Beans Joke has been going on for awhile. We've been seeing doodles and chortling over the hijinks of Magelights in Tab's Original Works under Multimedia in General Discussion if you want pics....

Had a bit of trouble when I went the wrong direction-- page wouldn't load North.

A quick reset fixed it, though! Quark is making me want to hoard Magelights now...

RONIN was invisible, found him by chance. Not a bad attempt at a badge gimmick, but it'd be nice if the mods could test things like this early, sort of a beta testing deal, in secret.

Also, add a run option next time please.

RONIN was invisible, found him by chance. Not a bad attempt at a badge gimmick, but it'd be nice if the mods could test things like this early, sort of a beta testing deal, in secret.

"Have you ever made a game?" - Masahiro Sakurai

Anyway, we'll keep your feedback in mind for next time. Short development cycles make it hard to add in niceties, like running, and glitches are bound to be inevitable.

---

Re-quote of my earlier post, as it is a new chapter today:

Please do not post explicit information telling others about potentially game-breaking bugs and game-breaking spoilers in this thread and how to exploit them.

We want everyone to be able to enjoy the game as it was intended to be played, and we would like to keep potential glitch exploit damage to a minimum.

If you find an issue that has yet to be reported in this thread, please PM one of us (birdzgoboom, Odeen, Marrionetta) so we can mark it on our list of things to fix. Thanks!

Thanks to those of you that have sent us PMs so far, they are helpful.

loved the bridge teaser. it reminded me so much of the classic one with the wolf, goose, and grain with the river/ boat. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and I was able to walk out of the house when you're supposed to water the tree. Also, I'm assuming that exchange is supposed to start when you're already in the house?

Does anyone else have the glitch where everyone calls you Snowa even though you changed the name?

Well? Anyone?

I'm afraid Running Shoes haven't been invented yet in Valkemare.

"Have you ever made a game?" - Masahiro Sakurai

Anyway, we'll keep your feedback in mind for next time. Short development cycles make it hard to add in niceties, like running, and glitches are bound to be inevitable.

---

Re-quote of my earlier post, as it is a new chapter today:

Thanks to those of you that have sent us PMs so far, they are helpful.

Actually, I have, a few times. Once with pure Java and a couple times with Game Maker 8. The Java one was complete crap. I know it takes work to make a good game, and every game starts out as crap, but that's why a game needs to be tested, so it's as good as it can possibly be when people get their hands on it. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying there could be some improvements for next season if you use this game as a base for the next project.