TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Same situation here... Must NOT look at AP...

...hands JaneMcAsh a magnifying glass so she can see those ap eggs a bit better...

My blue's won't hatch till later tonight, so I can't be tempted by the ap eggs. I did a bit of ap hunting before catching my last blue Lunar. I hope the silver Lunars are next. I'd hate to have to go through all the colors again before getting the silvers.

I've been in the AP all morning, finding interesting eggs and hatching them to give away in the Departures thread. It's nice to have some empty slots to play with without feeling like I am wasting time. While I am looking forward to getting the Silvers, I have to admit, this is fun too. biggrin.gif

There seem to be a lot of people in the biomes right now and haven't seen any Lunars. They're going quite fast so i'm just wondering, have the silvers been released just now or are people just rushing to get the last of the blue's release?

The blue eggs are still falling. I just missed one in the cave and checked.

I didn't check the last 5 min drop, but about 15 minutes ago, Blues were still dropping.

Oops, ninja.gif 'd.

Edited by walkinslow

I now have room for 2 silvers when they drop, so I'm happy.

Can't wait to start getting the silvers.

I just planned out a song lineage for these guys. The base will be gold, the second gens will be silver, the third gens bronze, and the fourth gen blue smile.gif already have most of the base dragons.

Hmmm...

Cirion went from "new" to "waxing gibbous" in abot 3 days, 20 hours.

That would mean (if it has a regular orbit) that it takes about 15 days for it (+- a day) to do one full cycle. Quite the fast little runner, this one !

Aurax on the other hand has been waning ever since the 29th, without reaching new moon yet. Out of that more than 7 full days in a waning crescent. So in a regular orbit that would mean 28++ days for one full cycle. (Same as, or even a little slower than, our moon.)

That said - maybe the ratio is a conveniently exact "2 cycles of Cirion for 1 cycle of Aurax".

And if the silver Heralds really need both moons being gibbous to full, that would mean we'd still have to wait for quite a while to see them, going through the other colours again first.

Let me try to show what I mean. I'll start from a point where both moons are full and going to wane:

A stands for Aurax, C for Cirion, gib for gibbous, cre for crescent (waxing or waning doesn't matter)

A gib + C gib = Silver

A gib + C cre = Gold  ----> we started in this window

(Aurax still waning, Cirion reached new moon here)

A cre + C cre = Bronze

A cre + C gib = Indigo/Blue ----> we are in this window now

(Aurax arrived at new moon here, Cirion is full)

A cre + C gib = Indigo/Blue

A cre + C cre = Bronze

(Aurax still waxing, Cirion at new moon)

A gib + C cre = Gold

A gib + C gib = Silver

(Aurax is full, having completed one cycle, Cirion is full after completing two cycles in the same time)

Each of these windows is about as long as the time between the release of Bronze and Indigo/Blue, that means 4 days.

That would amount to:

4d Gold

4d Bronze

8d Indigo/Blue

4d Bronze

4d Gold

8d Silver (starting at the 21st)

and back to the start

...and now I can't wait to see if that's right or rubbish ! laugh.gif

While I realize many are waiting for the Silvers, this does make sense to me, and I wouldn't mind at all if this is the way it plays out. I really like the Blues! <3

Ahh I knew I should have stayed out of the AP! xd.png Next thing I know, i'm almost egg-locked.

While I realize many are waiting for the Silvers, this does make sense to me, and I wouldn't mind at all if this is the way it plays out. I really like the Blues! <3

We'll find out soon enough.

THANK YOU to all who take the time to figure out and post all the moon-phase stuff! It really, really helps people like me who are rather clueless in that area.

I just realized (a "duh!" moment) that I actually can hunt in the AP. In fact, it might be preferable for me to get a few AP eggs before the silver drop starts, since my goal is only 4 CBs and that way I wouldn't accidentally grab more and have to wait 5 hours to abandon. Hmmm. Yay, AP here I come!

There are a lot of folks waiting for the Silver Heralds to drop and in the meanwhile, they are hanging out in the AP. When I was in there a few minutes ago, there were 89 people there.

I haven't seen any Blues in there yet and the others are pretty well played out except for a few bred ones now and then.

Looking forward to silver eggs dropping. No more taken egg slots, so I'm ready. smile.gif

I only have two taken egg slots they should hatch today.So i will be ready for those silvers once they drop.Hopes hatclings as well as both eggs will be ok till i get back.I can not stay on long just popped in to see what was going on.

Edited by Laryal

While I'm waiting for silvers I decided to help hatch random AP dragon eggs and give 'em away.

4 of my blue eggs have hatched, and I ended up catching a CB Summer rolleyes.gif Trying to catch a couple more blues with this phone is going to be a challenge ^^;

4 of my blue eggs have hatched, and I ended up catching a CB Summer rolleyes.gif Trying to catch a couple more blues with this phone is going to be a challenge ^^;

Talking about Summer (Season) Dragons, they change into Fall dragon eggs in just over a week. Yay.

I woke up to a sick blue egg today as well, I think someone click-bombed me last night.

Silvers won't be dropping any time soon, I expect. Aurax moves quite slowly and it's still waning, and I doubt we'll get any silvers until it's gotten to its smallest, then all the way back up to gibbous.

That's assuming silvers appear when both moons are over half full, which we don't know for sure, but it does make sense with the rest of the drops we've seen.

Edit: Oops, Lantean_Pegasus already explained this. What they said!

Edited by arula

I still can't wait to see what happens tonight, although part of me is reaaaally hoping that we don't get silvers yet. That's the part responsible for the truly extravagant number of pygmies hatchies I've locked myself with from the AP... rolleyes.gif

I'll drop them if I have to, though. Because silvers.

Well, I have all the Golds, Bronzes, and Blues for my scroll goals. I want silvers!!! Don't make me wait!!! unsure.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

Talking about Summer (Season) Dragons, they change into Fall dragon eggs in just over a week. Yay.

I woke up to a sick blue egg today as well, I think someone click-bombed me last night.

Just over a week? Darn, I thought I had more time. I need to get two more before they change D:

I will be severely disappointed if the silvers don't drop tonight. Mostly because I'm gonna have 6 eggslots by the time 8PM DC times roll around and I'm so ready for this drop rolleyes.gif

Just checking to make sure I read everything right. Silver's aren't dropping yet? Correct?