TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Didn't someone theorize at one point that the drop would be tomorrow night? I thought I read that the New moon phase only lasts about 24 hours and that the eggs change when the New moon changes to the next phase?

Please correct me if I'm wrong... I was hoping for tonight because well - these 8pm drop times are hard to schedule around. I just wish we knew what day we would get new ones because I feel like AP hunting and I don't want to re-lock myself, just to have a drop come on.

Well, that's disappointing. But at least I can hunt the AP without fear now. And maybe work on some pre-Halloween preparations.

Soo confusing.. moons changed but not the colour?

Yep. Aurax (the Gold moon) is currently New which makes Cirion (the Blue one) the brighter of the two. And since Blues come out when Cirion is dominant the colors didn't change yet.

Hmmm...

Cirion went from "new" to "waxing gibbous" in abot 3 days, 20 hours.

That would mean (if it has a regular orbit) that it takes about 15 days for it (+- a day) to do one full cycle. Quite the fast little runner, this one !

Aurax on the other hand has been waning ever since the 29th, without reaching new moon yet. Out of that more than 7 full days in a waning crescent. So in a regular orbit that would mean 28++ days for one full cycle. (Same as, or even a little slower than, our moon.)

That said - maybe the ratio is a conveniently exact "2 cycles of Cirion for 1 cycle of Aurax".

And if the silver Heralds really need both moons being gibbous to full, that would mean we'd still have to wait for quite a while to see them, going through the other colours again first.

Let me try to show what I mean. I'll start from a point where both moons are full and going to wane:

A stands for Aurax, C for Cirion, gib for gibbous, cre for crescent (waxing or waning doesn't matter)

A gib + C gib = Silver

A gib + C cre = Gold  ----> we started in this window

(Aurax still waning, Cirion reached new moon here)

A cre + C cre = Bronze

A cre + C gib = Indigo/Blue ----> we are in this window now

(Aurax arrived at new moon here, Cirion is full)

A cre + C gib = Indigo/Blue

A cre + C cre = Bronze

(Aurax still waxing, Cirion at new moon)

A gib + C cre = Gold

A gib + C gib = Silver

(Aurax is full, having completed one cycle, Cirion is full after completing two cycles in the same time)

Each of these windows is about as long as the time between the release of Bronze and Indigo/Blue, that means 4 days.

That would amount to:

4d Gold

4d Bronze

8d Indigo/Blue

4d Bronze

4d Gold

8d Silver (starting at the 21st)

and back to the start

...and now I can't wait to see if that's right or rubbish ! laugh.gif

I am starting to think this may be right lol. I really wanted Silvers tonight though :/

Offtopic/ Someone dropped an Avatar of Destruction egg in the AP and I missed it darnnn

Well, on a positive note, this'll give who-knows-how-many users a chance for their between-four-and-five-day eggs to hatch and free up some spots (lol me because most of the eggs I do still have are in that zone)

Guys. Please don't be disappointed c: even if they didn't drop, they'll drop eventually. We should be thankful that these weren't released as prizes (much more the sapphire blue ones!)

Yep. Aurax (the Gold moon) is currently New which makes Cirion (the Blue one) the brighter of the two. And since Blues come out when Cirion is dominant the colors didn't change yet.

Yeah that makes sense... still disappointed but it makes sense...

Guys. Please don't be disappointed c: even if they didn't drop, they'll drop eventually. We should be thankful that these weren't released as prizes (much more the sapphire blue ones!)

Yeah. The blue ones would have certainly been the spriter's alt. I do like the Gold and Silver ones the best though.

And if it is right that means silvers won't show up for 16 more days!! Not cool to make us wait like that, maybe the whole "Based on Valkemare's Moons" idea was good in theory, but it stinks in practice.

Sigh. sad.gif

For me it's 3AM now xd.png

I did still catch the Blues flooding when I woke up though so I'm hoping the same will happen with the Silvers, whenever they show up.

For now, off to bed.

Edited by Isuzu

I believe Lantean_Pegasus's theory is correct. At least, that's what I'm going to use as of right now to plan my PB lineage.

Just bred two of my gold Lunars, got 1 blue egg and 1 refusal. .... Guess I might as well get back to my Lunar hatchie army. The blues are the first I've frozen, so why not?

Just bred two of my gold Lunars, got 1 blue egg and 1 refusal. ....

Got the same... the blue went to the AP.

I just caught my first Blue CB from the AP. I had just about thought that we wore those good souls, who caught them all, completely out with the first two kinds. Many thanks to all those who caught and released them for the rest of us to enjoy. biggrin.gif

The following is 100% speculation!

Since we now have a full phase documented with correct times, I have made a prediction calendar to see if I could figure out when the silvers will arrive.

This is based off the hypothesis that Cirion's phases are 4 days each, and Aurax's phases are 8 days each. I have assumed without confirmed evidence that both moons' New and Full phases are only a single night. I have also assumed all moon phases are the same length, which again has not been confirmed.

All text in gold belongs to Aurax.

All text in blue belongs to Cirion.

Sept. 9 New - Full

Sept. 10 Waxing Crescent - Waning Gibbous

Sept. 11 Waxing Crescent - Waning Gibbous

Sept. 12 Waxing Crescent - Waning Gibbous

Sept. 13 Waxing Crescent - Waning Gibbous

Sept. 14 Waxing Crescent - Waning Crescent - Brown Eggs

Sept. 15 Waxing Crescent - Waning Crescent

Sept. 16 Waxing Crescent - Waning Crescent

Sept. 17 Waxing Crescent - Waning Crescent

Sept. 18 Waxing Gibbous - New --------------- Gold Eggs

Sept. 19 Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Crescent

Sept. 20 Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Crescent

Sept. 21 Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Crescent

Sept. 22 Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Crescent

Sept. 23 Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Gibbous - Silver Eggs

Edited by Millie_Azure

I think you're off a day there after each full or new moon. When Cirion went to new moon the following waxing crescent was only 3 days long.

(I think. Lemme check for sure...)

NEW PHASE CHANGE!! AURAX is NEW and CIRION is FULL!!!

BUT EGGS ARE STILL BLUE!!!

CONFIRMED TIME LENGTH FOR CIRION AND AURAX PHASE CHANGE!

- Aurax takes 8 days to move from WaNing Crescent to New Moon.

- Cirion takes 4 days to move from WaXing Gibbous to Full Moon.

- Please tell me if I missed anything!

- Document Updated!

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

-------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Lunar Heralds, the former prize breed, moon-loving dragons!

- Currently, the moons have changed phases!!! Aurax (Gold Moon) and Cirion (Blue Moon) are in the New Moon and Full Moon phases respectively.

- Everyone is still catching Blue/Indigo eggs in the Cave!! No change in color!

- We have Adult dragons, and we are breeding Blue/Indigo Lunar eggs. No change in color!

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- So far, Gold, Bronze, and Blue/Indigo eggs have dropped in the Cave! Bronze and Blue/Indigo eggs have been bred.

- Info on the current moon phase can be accessed from the Time page, which you can get to by clicking the clock in the top right hand corner of the new Standard DC skin, by going to the Help page and clicking Time Reference link, by going to the first page in this thread and clicking the link in the banner, OR by clicking the 3 above links embedded in this post.

- As of Sept 05, 2015 @ ~9:00PM, Indigo Lunar eggs began dropping en masse! Go and grab them!!!

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- There is a possibility that the release started in the middle of the Waning Gibbous phase for Aurax and Waning Crescent phase for Cirion.

- Based on current data, it seems that Cirion's phases change faster than Aurax's.

--- Aurax takes 8 days to move from WaNing Crescent to New Moon.

--- Cirion takes 4 days to move from WaXing Gibbous to Full Moon.

- IMPORTANT: All data before 09/03/13, 1:56 PM was incorrect as the time page was showing Aurax's phase for BOTH moons. TJ has provided a corrected cycle in his post.

- This does NOT affect the information gathered on the eggs, just the moon phases the eggs were caught/bred under.

- The cycle has progressed, and so far we know: (Taken and modified from TJ's post)

Aug 29, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DragonCave (DC) to Sep 01, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC.

Aurax: Waning Gibbous

Cirion: Waning Crescent

CB Lunar eggs are Gold.

Sep 01, 2015 starting 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent*

Cirion: New*

CB Lunar eggs change from Gold to Bronze.

- The Gold egg drop lasted about 3 days and 17 hours.

* = TJ's post doesn't mention a phase change at the same time the new color drops, but we know the color change happened here. So, we assume the phase changed happened here too.

Sep 02, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent

Cirion: New

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze.

Sep 03, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to Sep 05, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent**

Cirion: Waxing Crescent**

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze, and Bred Lunar eggs are Bronze.

** Exact time of change Unknown.

Sep 05, 2015 starting @ 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing Gibbous

CB Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Blue/Indigo, and Bred Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Blue/Indigo.

- The Bronze egg drop lasted about 4 days.

Sep 05, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to Sep 09, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing Gibbous

CB Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo, and Bred Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo.

Sep 09, 2015 starting 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: New

Cirion: Full

CB Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo, and Bred Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo.

[Edited by Shokomon]

- Note: The Moon Phases TJ posted were Phases of the moon at 12:00 AM EST of their respective date. That is why the post doesn't match up with the color change.

- We can assume that on Sept 1, 2015, the phases changed at 8:00 PM EST/DC, where Aurax shifted Waning Gibbous to Waning Cresent, and Cirion from Waning Cresent to New Moon.

- There are many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

6) The Lunar egg colors are based on what percentage of the moons are illuminated. If one moon is greater than 50% illuminated (gibbous to full), while the other moon is less than 50% illuminated (crescent to new), then Lunar eggs are the color of the dominant moon. If both moons are equal in illumination, other colors show up.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 6.

- The newest phase change, recent egg colors, and TJ's correctional post seems to support Theory 2 and 6.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- As of the most recent change and TJ's correctional post, the moons' phases are not in synch͵ supporting Theory 2.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ stated that the orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.

--- (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary statement.)

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it is not motion illusion.

- LadyLyzar has given us information on the Adults!

- LadyLyzar is giving us a pretty Gold Lunar Herald avatar to match her own avatar. She'll give us the Bronze avatar once we start getting adults.

--- She has given us the Bronze Herald Avatar!

- LadyLyzar states that Lunar Heralds do indeed have metallic scales, but she didn't intend for them to be classified as "metallic dragons" like Golds and Silvers. As they were originally intended to be prizes, she wanted to make them shiny and pretty.

- LadyLyzar does not call the "blue" Lunar eggs "Indigos;" She just states that the "blues" are indigo in color as indigo is her favorite color, which makes sense as the "blue" lunar was meant to be her Alt. She later has reaffirmed this, stating that there is no official name for the "blue" Lunars and that they really are just indigo in color as they were to be her alt were these dragons to be chosen as prize dragons.

-LadyLyzar states that the element for the Lunar Heralds had not been planned out, and that she would put them as "Light" element.

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

- To this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!

- Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

- DC Moon Watch and Lunar Herald Theories

Documents!

- DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

And, I think that's it for the summary.

I think you're off a day there after each full or new moon. When Cirion went to new moon the following waxing crescent was only 3 days long.

(I think. Lemme check for sure...)

Yes, I may be a day off somewhere. In fact, since Cirion's cycle seems to be half the length of Aurax's, I even played with the idea that Aurax might be Full/New for two days instead of one, which would bump it off another two days or so. I went with four days, though, because the first time happened during the time period the Time Help page was showing incorrect phases. We don't have a confirmed time for that particular phase.

True. Well, the theory you have there is as good a one as any others we have to work with.

DC: the reason why most of us try to wrap our brains around mathematical moon phases (creds to the person who, a few pages back, said the root of my statement)

@Fiona Agreed

Edited by moonstone981

Eggs are still dropping blue at 8:00pm central.

(I didn't catch one but I snuck a peak at someone who did. sidenote, I did manage to get a Mageia xenowyrm though!)

Since it seems that the silvers still have some days to start dropping, I happily locked myself with blues. biggrin.gif

It amuses me greatly that everyone is now obsessed with the moon phases. Perhaps this is a way for TJ to get us to work out more theory for the world of drag cave