Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

you definitely can - randomly inbred dragons won't be 'valuable' on the trading market but that's the player base (and carefully planned inbred dragons like in the link ARE attractive to  quite a few users) NOT the game looking down at it in any way.

Thank you for the replies everyone ^^ Got one more.

If I recog an egg, and find out it's female, then trade it, will the egg still be female, or does it reroll upon trading?

As long as you (or anyone else)  didn't influence it, it will hold. If it was at any point influenced anything could happen.

Is there a way to do a spoiler on mobile? I am using Chrome on a Samsung android and I don't see that option.

Yes - just tested. Look

testing it out

[spoiler]testing it out[/spoiler]

A bit convoluted, but it works

Edited by Fuzzbucket

9 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

@purplehaze Fuzzbucket just showed you. You need to type out the BBCode tags for the spoiler into the post.

Duh! Sorry.

What's valuable trading fodder for the trading area of this site? Any particular lineage types (except Thuwed, that's obviously valuable)? CBs? Babies FROM CBs? Certain breeds? I wanna know what to aim for so I can have valuable things ready to trade for stuff I'm looking for~

Edited by UltimateTH

Besides the obvious like CB Golds/Silvers, 2G Prizes, 2G eggs from Spriter alts and Neglecteds (these are all often traded for each other) it's really hard to say what is always valuable because everyone values different things... differently. XD Some people go crazy for unbreedables like Chickens, Dinos, Papers but others dislike them. Groups of CB hatchlings (especially BSA like Reds and Pinks) are in demand by some players while others like myself have plenty of CBs so we don't care. Some people highly value checker lineages yet others don't want checkers at all, etc. Even with Thuweds, there is a huge difference between a 2G and 3G or higher in terms of general value. Things that are very hard to get tend to be more 'valuable', so you aren't likely to have much of it on hand at any given time unless you are a big trader.

Best way might be to watch trade listings for the stuff you want most and keep track of what the most common offer requests were. Players often ask for swaps when it comes to 2G Prizes and SAlts so those can be tough to trade for if you don't have a CB Prize or Holiday Alt already. Some people have better luck playing raffles and giveaways for those than trying to trade for one to be honest. I've seen some prize/salt owners who were willing to trade a 2G for a large amount of low time hatchlings or other longer term IOUs, but you probably won't see that on the trading center, it's more of a forum thing. Like I said, it's hard to say what is always worth stockpiling outside of the rarest of the rare. CB is usually (but not always) more valuable, and things like uncommons are usually more valuable than commons (but not always), eggs/hatchlings with lower time left are generally more valuable than high time eggs/hatchlings but not always... c:

@UltimateTH

When there is a new release, you can probably do good trades if you raise pairs of hatchies of the new release as quite some people are lazy and don't want to take the whole time to raise eggs themselves. Thus you can probably get some got trades for two or four CB new release hatchies, too.

Also - revolutionary thought - you can ask those who breed for free. No trade fodder necessary.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

you can ask those who breed for free. No trade fodder necessary.

i can breed for free, if i have the breed/parents someone is looking for. :) 

(just thought i'd put that out there)

Oh, and there are some forum groups where you can ask for certain eggs to be gifted to you, too. You might be surprised about the cool gifts you can get there absolutely free, too :)

On 5/19/2020 at 1:56 PM, UltimateTH said:

What's valuable trading fodder for the trading area of this site? Any particular lineage types (except Thuwed, that's obviously valuable)? CBs? Babies FROM CBs? Certain breeds? I wanna know what to aim for so I can have valuable things ready to trade for stuff I'm looking for~

Generally, value decreases exponentially from CB to 2g to 3g, etc, so 2g metallics/whatever and 3gs from spriter alts/prizes/thuweds are not worth much unless you happen to find someone needing something specific. You're better off looking for certain CBs: gaias, green coppers and aeons are generally reliable medium-to-high value trades, but equally hard to find. CB golds and silvers are, as always, the best of the best you can find in-cave. Zyus, other xenos, unbreedables, trios or other rares (not pyrals or gold wyverns) are tradeable, but will be a gamble on whether people will offer what you want for them. The market of CB codes (especially 4 or 5 letter codes) has also expanded due to big traders wanting them.

Oh - and in the unlikely event that you get the wrong idea - yes, there are a group of us who collect them - but dragons with a code beginning with Z do NOT fetch huge amounts. We Z people are constantly amazed at what some people ask for - and we DON'T pay out big bucks !

On 5/19/2020 at 11:06 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Also - revolutionary thought - you can ask those who breed for free. No trade fodder necessary.

Yep. But I wouldn't do so today, as tomorrow is DC's birthday - an event usually accompanied by a release. Just saying. ;)

Yes indeed. I would - if asked - say sure, but not at this moment !

Don't get me wrong, I'd breed for anyone now if they wanted - but I'd expect themu to take the egg(s) ASAP. Preferably before the release.

Thanks for all the great info! I got another for you guys 😃

Since my scroll is old, pre-encylopedia update old and even pre-biome old...many of my old dragons say the location they were gotten from is CAVE, and doesn't say a biome name. Are children from pairs like this valuable at all? I was considering just outright releasing and replacing them, but if their kids are considered rare because of their parents...I might keep them. Especially since several of them are CB.

Edited by UltimateTH

29 minutes ago, UltimateTH said:

Thanks for all the great info! I got another for you guys 😃

Since my scroll is old, pre-encylopedia update old and even pre-biome old...many of my old dragons say the location they were gotten from is CAVE, and doesn't say a biome name. Are children from pairs like this valuable at all? I was considering just outright releasing and replacing them, but if their kids are considered rare because of their parents...I might keep them. Especially since several of them are CB.

They are not usually considered valuable. However, a few dragons breed certain colors based off the biome of the other parent, limiting their offspring to one or two results only. Cave biome can get around that restriction, so in the rare case of wanting to make, say, a specific color of copper or xenowyrm 2g a cave dragon can do the job that the new biomes can't.

Also, your dragons are probably 4 character codes which are similarly irreplaceable, but otherwise mostly insignificant.

Has anyone ever noticed a phenomenon whereby refreshing the /dragons page increases the total views counter for some dragons, but not for others? I've noticed several times before that eggs of mine that were only in Valley Sherwood to my knowledge (and which I took out of there, after looking at all other sites I know of to see if they were there) were gaining views exactly with the pace that I refreshed the /dragons page, even if I slowed down or sped up my refreshes considerably - "Views" would always have gone up by exactly +1 when I reloaded (from the previous page load).

e.g. right now this was happening for my White/Undine hybrids, and they got sick from this (because I view my /dragons page quite frequently). Nothing to worry about, this is only because they're very young, but it was pretty striking.

(Other eggs are also in Valley Sherwood and not showing this behaviour.)

It's almost as though the /1.gif suffix of the egg image URL sometimes isn't actually preventing the view as it's meant to. I can't quite figure out what the common cause of this is - in this case the eggs were bred eggs, but it's not happening for bred hatchlings on my scroll, so that won't be it, and indeed it tends to just happen for a certain amount of time and then stop.

Anyone ever observed this?

Edited by pinkgothic

I cannot find the answer to a problem I started having with my BSA dragons. Under help I found a mention of enablers... on my scroll it's

Your Status

Referrers are enabled. You should not experience any referrer-related errors.

Should and what is happening do not mesh.

Any clues?

5 minutes ago, dtwrites said:

I cannot find the answer to a problem I started having with my BSA dragons. Under help I found a mention of enablers... on my scroll it's

Your Status

Referrers are enabled. You should not experience any referrer-related errors.

Should and what is happening do not mesh.

Any clues?

What is the problem with your dragons?