Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Does anyone have a list what gives you how many Shards?  It doesn't appear to be in the FAQ, and I haven't found it in the DC Wiki either, so either I'm stupid or it really isn't listed there.  Thank you very much in advance!

2 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Does anyone have a list what gives you how many Shards?  It doesn't appear to be in the FAQ, and I haven't found it in the DC Wiki either, so either I'm stupid or it really isn't listed there.  Thank you very much in advance!

Thank you very much. Obviously I am stupid (I saw a link to a shard thread in the Wiki, but it was the wrong one XD)

6 hours ago, Mewtie said:

None of that sounds PG-13 to me actually? Is it really allowed? I do remember someone referencing those topics in dragon names and that person lost their naming privileges.

Mentioning OK, but one can't go into the details. There are plenty of descriptions about breeding, which don't dwell upon it in a way that'd raise eyebrows

IMO, names are different. They're so blatant. It takes no creativity to name dragons inappropriately.

Can a tan ridgewing be obtained from a purple and purple/other species, or must a tan be one of the parents to get a tan baby?

20 minutes ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

Can a tan ridgewing be obtained from a purple and purple/other species, or must a tan be one of the parents to get a tan baby?

They absolutely can!

No. Most dragons don't have spriter alts. The holiday dragons are the only ones that do.

4 hours ago, betaphenylGABA said:

And some shimmers/prizes, right? I think I have a lineage with Penk in it.

There is one each. But prizes started as a holiday raffle, so that's probably why. 

I just saw someone offering a CB Gemshard on the hub with the following comment: "H: CB, will be green".

Can we really determine the color of a Gemshard before it hatches? By sorting it after breed (or maybe rainbow) and not putting the egg on top of the scroll?

Not really. I think they got fooled by the fact that Gemshard eggs ALWAYS sort above the green Gemshards.

If you could determine that by sort order, they would sort just BELOW the colour in question (like ungendered Solstice hatchlings do).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Which hatchling has the description "Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It easily blends into the snow." or something along those lines? I saw it on a clicking site but was unable to find the breed from the page...

9 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

Which hatchling has the description "Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It easily blends into the snow." or something along those lines? I saw it on a clicking site but was unable to find the breed from the page...

Looks like you might be thinking of Frostbites. :)

I was suspecting that it might be Frostbite, but I wasn't sure. Thanks!

I read the wiki page for Two-Headed Lindwyrms and didn’t see an answer for my question. Does anyone know how often they drop in the cave—more importantly in the Alpine biome? Is it at a certain hour at night? I know there rarity is listed as uncommon, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Solaries said:

I read the wiki page for Two-Headed Lindwyrms and didn’t see an answer for my question. Does anyone know how often they drop in the cave—more importantly in the Alpine biome? Is it at a certain hour at night? I know there rarity is listed as uncommon, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

No special timing for them. They are random and you just have to be lucky to be there at the right time.

22 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Not really. I think they got fooled by the fact that Gemshard eggs ALWAYS sort above the green Gemshards.

If you could determine that by sort order, they would sort just BELOW the colour in question (like ungendered Solstice hatchlings do).

Thank you for the clarification!

I haven't been gone form Dragon Cave for years, and finally have returned to lovely goodies. Quick refresher...

When do new eggs spawn in the biomes again? And on that note, if the abandoned section does as well, when does that get new stuff, if at all?

1 hour ago, UltimateTH said:

I haven't been gone form Dragon Cave for years, and finally have returned to lovely goodies. Quick refresher...

When do new eggs spawn in the biomes again? And on that note, if the abandoned section does as well, when does that get new stuff, if at all?

New eggs are filled into the biomes on the hour every hour. The eggs in the biomes shuffle every 5 minutes to let new ones show.

The AP only changes as people pick up the eggs that are showing and then eggs from the queue replace them in the display.

11 minutes ago, UltimateTH said:

If I release a dragon that is named, does that name become available for use?

Released dragons end up in the wilderness and wild dragons lose their names, so I'm pretty sure it does, but it would be safer to unname it first.

Edited by purplehaze

14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Released dragons end up in the wilderness and wild dragons lose their names, so I'm pretty sure it does, but it would be safer to unname it first.

Thank you 😃 One more question.

Can I inbreed dragons? There are some on my scroll that are related, but are hard breeds to acquire, so I'm thinking of breeding them. But if inbreeding is coded to always fail, I don't wanna waste my breed option on them.