Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

The point is that then if - for instance - I want to see all the dragons in my Slimeridge thing, they are all there in one place. You aren't MOVING them to groups, you are ADDING them. One dragon may appear in many groups. Several of my Slimeridge are also Zs. Some may also be Thuweds. And so on. One dragon may be in all those groups.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I was looking through the trading section, and clicked on a hatchling. I tried to view the owner’s scroll, only to get the message that their scroll had been burned. How is it possible that they have a hatchling up for trade?

I'm not sure. Perhaps the trade was posted before that happened? It might not automatically cancel the trade.

6 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

What, specifically, are you asking? Are you asking about why the Arias have produced a Pink dragon? If so, it's because the dragons that we now call Aria dragons used to be Bright Pinks and they predated the release of the current Pink dragon. The current Pink dragon (the hatchling in that screenshot) replaced the Bright Pinks when they were retired, but if you bred together the old Bright Pinks you could produce the new Pink dragons. When the Bright Pink dragon was updated and rereleased as the Aria dragon, they continued to breed Pink eggs sometimes. There's a bit more information on their wiki page here

Is this what you were asking?

Yes, that was exactly what I was asking! Wow. I find this really cool. Thanks for the explanation, I was really confused.

I'm getting the tombstone error on my notification page, both on desktop and mobile. This started around last night. Anyone else getting the same error?

Edited by Naraku

1 hour ago, Naraku said:

I'm getting the tombstone error on my notification page, both on desktop and mobile. This started around last night. Anyone else getting the same error?

I haven't had this error. Have you tried loading the page through visiting the URL directly? https://dragcave.net/notifications Have you tried clearing your cache? Other browsers or devices? That could give us an indication of whether the issue is your browser or your account. 

12 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

I haven't had this error. Have you tried loading the page through visiting the URL directly? https://dragcave.net/notifications Have you tried clearing your cache? Other browsers or devices? That could give us an indication of whether the issue is your browser or your account. 

Clicking the link directly gives me the same error. I've also tried the following: testing on mobile and desktop, clearing caches, and trying different browsers (Chrome and Microsoft Edge). Still getting the error. Could it be because I've been trading a lot recently?

I will go ahead create a thread for it :)

What’s the reason behind the pricing in the marketplace? For instance, I believe all of the trios cost more shards that Golds and Silvers. I guess that’s cool but just from the forums gold and silver eggs are much more highly valued than trios.

2 minutes ago, broadway_fiend said:

What’s the reason behind the pricing in the marketplace? For instance, I believe all of the trios cost more shards that Golds and Silvers. I guess that’s cool but just from the forums gold and silver eggs are much more highly valued than trios.

TJ said it's something to do with current rarity in the cave and that the prices will probably change from time to time. There is a thread about the marketplace in suggestions that sort of covers this. 

7 hours ago, Naraku said:

I have a fix that should be landed soon-ish.

Ok so this might be redundant to ask at this point since its over a week from the birthday releases but here it goes: I've seen people in the trading tab of the cave (not the forum) asking to trade new release dragons from the opposite gender they have. Now I know the Melismors can be both male and female, but for what I saw on TJ's dragons, I figured all the other breeds were exclusively females, but this people asking for trades now got me wondering again. So, could someone clear it for me? The new releases, aside from Melismor, are single gendered or can they be both male and female?

16 minutes ago, Kaiserf11 said:

Ok so this might be redundant to ask at this point since its over a week from the birthday releases but here it goes: I've seen people in the trading tab of the cave (not the forum) asking to trade new release dragons from the opposite gender they have. Now I know the Melismors can be both male and female, but for what I saw on TJ's dragons, I figured all the other breeds were exclusively females, but this people asking for trades now got me wondering again. So, could someone clear it for me? The new releases, aside from Melismor, are single gendered or can they be both male and female?

All the new release dragons can be male or female. Melismors are the only ones with gender dimorphism. The other breeds simply have the same sprite for male and female dragons. There are no gender specific dragons except for holiday dragons. (Bright Pinks used to be female only, but with their reintroduction as Arias, males are now available too.)

Purples also used to be only female but that was changed as well. 

I tried to change my password a few minutes ago but... it isn't taking effect?

I go to my Account page, Account Settings, Change Password and do the usual "Enter your old, plus the new, then the new again incase you derped while typing" stuff. Then after I click the change password button I get taken back to the first Account page. Is it supposed to direct me there? Because logging out and back in shows me that the password change hasn't taken effect at all.

I have a tiny little questions. I'm a bit lost. I don't see where to go to look at the new market. There is nothing on any of my pages that says anything about a market. Please tell me where to look, or if I have to have raised something to open it? Thanks.

Look at top of your scroll page.   It says logged in as, then maybe a bell and then a three digit number with little shards next to it.  click that

Edited by Imzadi

6 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

Look at top of your scroll page.   It says logged in as, then maybe a bell and then a three digit number with little shards next to it.  click that

Ah, I see it! Sweet! Thank you so much.

Quick question, eggs can still hatch if they're sick can't they?

2 minutes ago, sidmar said:

Quick question, eggs can still hatch if they're sick can't they?

Yes, they can.  However they will hatch sick and it can take a while for that to wear off.  If you can, ward the eggs with white dragons (that will last 6 hours, even after hatching) and then fog the hatchies until they are healthy again

1 minute ago, Imzadi said:

Yes, they can.  However they will hatch sick and it can take a while for that to wear off.  If you can, ward the eggs with white dragons (that will last 6 hours, even after hatching) and then fog the hatchies until they are healthy again

Cool, thanks I have an egg that was taking a while and I just wondered, I've warded it too just to be sure 🙂

Is DC being sporadically slow for anyone else? I'm hunting the AP and normally when I refresh it loads almost instantly, but today sometimes it will take 4-8 seconds to refresh. And then other times it will be fine. Anyone else noticing this, or is it just me?

Not a BIG thing, but yes - the biomes are doing that for me....

Good to know it's not just me.

Another small question... Is there any actual difference between the different messages you get when you abandon a hatchling? Like, sometimes I get 'You lead the hatchling to a nearby cave and leave it there.' and other times I get 'You leash the hatchling to a tree trunk outside a nearby cave and walk away.' Is there any reason sometimes it's one and sometimes the other? I get different ones on AP eggs I picked up and hatched within seconds of each other, so it doesn't seem to be a time thing or how I got the egg...

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Another small question... Is there any actual difference between the different messages you get when you abandon a hatchling? Like, sometimes I get 'You lead the hatchling to a nearby cave and leave it there.' and other times I get 'You leash the hatchling to a tree trunk outside a nearby cave and walk away.' Is there any reason sometimes it's one and sometimes the other? I get different ones on AP eggs I picked up and hatched within seconds of each other, so it doesn't seem to be a time thing or how I got the egg...

I've been wondering this as well, especially since in the olden days (before my huge hiatus) I'm pretty sure there was only the leash message. Anyways, I've been paying attention a bit more and as far as I can tell there is no difference between those messages, at least none that I have been able to notice or figure out.