Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

With all the new changes to teleporting the feed back message for a cancelled one way teleport still claims "This transfer has already been claimed by another user.". 

This is misleading particularly in a PM where I've had to change the links due to hatching and stunning said dragon.  Can we get the old message back when the link was in fact manually taken down and NOT claimed?

how many views have the new release hatchlings been needing to gender?

edit: or does it depend more on age? i can’t seem to remember 

Edited by Niyaka

9 hours ago, Niyaka said:

Views and uvs play a more important role, especially if you want them to gender early. The more views and uvs a hatchie has, the sooner it will gender.

I haven't observed anything out of the ordinary with the new release hatchies yet.

17 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

- does Market = no biome ?

It displays 'Market' as the biome, apparently. :)

10 hours ago, Dracaena said:

With all the new changes to teleporting the feed back message for a cancelled one way teleport still claims "This transfer has already been claimed by another user.". 

This is misleading particularly in a PM where I've had to change the links due to hatching and stunning said dragon.  Can we get the old message back when the link was in fact manually taken down and NOT claimed?

Thanks for reporting this! This is something @TJ09 will need to look into when he gets a chance. :)

9 hours ago, Niyaka said:

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, either. I just had a quick look in a hatchery and there were gendered hatchlings from 5d13h onward. Gendered hatchlings tended to have 2,000+ views and 600+ UVs, if that helps. 

18 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

- does Market = no biome ?

I intend to find that out, with an Undine I bought yesterday. I'll get green Coppers from it, hopefully - at some time in the distant future XD

Heya. I've noticed that the screen replacing the "this person has already accepted an offer" has changed but, in turn, I seem to be able to see what's been traded from other people's trades, which I suppose I shouldn't be able to see?

image.png.7c4fa9dfd1767ea4d6adbce240f12fbc.png

image.png.f28f33c88897ac82533e077069ca4ed8.png

image.png.90737bde62f16180e369242812f6909b.png

image.png.53eefa89fc7d75aea4ce4dde46d8b805.png

I'll clear my cache again to see if that fixes this.

A look at trade links in the Cave Born Trading Hub seems to suggest that dragons are visible in trades only into and after the 21st of May (starting here), or, more specifically, after the Birthday update.

Edited by lovecats99

5 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

It displays 'Market' as the biome, apparently. :)

Yes I know - but does that override the biome the egg would have been from in cave ? Ruby will tell us soon !

Anyone else noticing alt-vines being more common lately, or is it just that I've been trying more? I've hatched *five* alts in the last 4 days, they used to be a lot more rare then that. 

When I put an incubated egg in a trade link (someone else's), the time showed was still reduced by an hour. 

Is this normal now? If I remember correctly, old trade links used to show the egg's actual time, since the incubate would wear off with teleport. 

I THINK it shows the extra hour when THEY view it, but you are viewing it effectively on your scroll, where it is still incubated. If you see what I mean.

When did the reds have the sprite change? I just came back today for the raffle (still on semi-hiatus, for now) but I saw this and got pretty excited (along with the market and the trades).  It's not up on the wiki yet, so I assume it must be recent, but there's nothing in news about the updated sprites either.

20 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

When did the reds have the sprite change? I just came back today for the raffle (still on semi-hiatus, for now) but I saw this and got pretty excited (along with the market and the trades).  It's not up on the wiki yet, so I assume it must be recent, but there's nothing in news about the updated sprites either.

reds had a sprite update on the 21st. You can find the news about it in the 21st birthday celebration news thread. (:

Are Market eggs giftable?  I know it says they can't be traded, but what about one-way teleports? (They are abandonable, though, right? I think I remember someone saying that...)

48 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are Market eggs giftable?  I know it says they can't be traded, but what about one-way teleports? (They are abandonable, though, right? I think I remember someone saying that...)

It should probably say "not teleportable" instead of "not tradable". They can still be abandoned, though. Someone has already picked up one from the AP, as I recall reading, and my hatchie has an active "abandon" link in its actions.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Thanks @Ruby Eyes (dang, I thought it would be cool to gift a Market egg to someone... I guess abandoning is just an anonymous gift though.)

edit: Another question.... When trading, if someone is egglocked I know it will give some sort of error message. What about when someone has one egg slot open, and offers an egg on a two-egg trade? Technically they don't have enough room for two eggs, but they are trading away one egg at the same time, so does that work? 

Edited by HeatherMarie

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Another question.... When trading, if someone is egglocked I know it will give some sort of error message. What about when someone has one egg slot open, and offers an egg on a two-egg trade? Technically they don't have enough room for two eggs, but they are trading away one egg at the same time, so does that work? 

If someone is able to receive the eggs within the limit after the trade is made, then the trade will work. Someone who is egglocked can still successfully make a trade, after all, if they trade away one or more of their eggs. So long as everyone will be within their egg/hatchling limits after the trade is complete, then the trade will work. 

In the encyclopedia, red-finned tidals are listed as lindwyrms. Is that correct? Lindwyrms have forelimbs; wouldn’t tidals fit better as amphipteres or sea serpents?

16 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

In the encyclopedia, red-finned tidals are listed as lindwyrms. Is that correct? Lindwyrms have forelimbs; wouldn’t tidals fit better as amphipteres or sea serpents?

This question was asked in the Encyclopedia issues thread awhile ago.

Read on from the post I have linked to see the answer.

Has anyone seen a Shallow Water lately? I’ve had around eight pairs bred semi-regularly, and none have been successful - even on the AP, Blunas are far more common.

1 minute ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

did the hourly fail to spawn eggs again, or is everyone egg snatchy today?

Nothing there when I checked either

Just now, Raell said:

Where did the eggy bois go?

Poofed. They have poofed! 😮

You got me interested. Just got one out of two... I'll try some more.