Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Pfft. How do we change our timezone these days ? I appear to have been posting at 2 in the morning....

Not at all. The forum software thinks it knows better than you. I really wish software developers would STOP THAT.

2 minutes ago, Sophiera said:

Where is this market and where do I check the amount of shards I have?

https://dragcave.net/market

You can check how many shards you have at the top of the page when you are logged in. 

J5re5O7.png

162 shards is how many I currently have. If you click on the number, it will also take you to the market. :)

Just now, StormWizard212 said:

https://dragcave.net/market

You can check how many shards you have at the top of the page when you are logged in. 

J5re5O7.png

162 shards is how many I currently have. If you click on the number, it will also take you to the market. :)

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh! Thank you

The legendary metallics... are also purchasable... I'm so happy right now. I've been playing for 10 years (since 2008 yes) and I only have 1 pair of Gold and Silver

15 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

There was a thread here but it was closed because it got too chatty. You might be interested in one of these threads instead:

I'll take a look, thanks so much! :)

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Not at all. The forum software thinks it knows better than you. I really wish software developers would STOP THAT.

HOLY CURSES !

OK. This is the ONLY forum I'm on that pulls that one.

Have the gender symbols been missing from user posts for a while? I just noticed that. 

Just now, hazeh said:

Have the gender symbols been missing from user posts for a while? I just noticed that. 

Yes - since the update from the old forum software to the new, I believe. And, more recently with one of the updates, the join date has disappeared as well. 

2 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Yes - since the update from the old forum software to the new, I believe. And, more recently with one of the updates, the join date has disappeared as well. 

Oh, well, damn, I'm a bit unobservant, aren't I? 🤣 Was there any particular reason that they haven't been added back? I liked my pink lady symbol...

1 minute ago, hazeh said:

Oh, well, damn, I'm a bit unobservant, aren't I? 🤣 Was there any particular reason that they haven't been added back? I liked my pink lady symbol...

I'm not sure. Given that the artist palette remained, it might be possible, but there could be an issue since the gender symbol was linked to user input (instead of admin assigned) and I'm not sure if that can be done on this software. It probably can somehow, but might not have been worth the trouble for information that's available on profiles anyway.

(You could always rally for its return if you feel passionately enough about your pink lady symbol. :P)

The "Active Transfers" tab under Account has disappeared for me. Is this intentional?

43 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

The "Active Transfers" tab under Account has disappeared for me. Is this intentional?

I assume this is because trading and transfers are not accessible from a link in the main menu and it would have been confusing to double dip by having links in two different places. So yes, it appears to be intentional because of the new 'trading' link replacing the need for a link under 'account'. :)

2 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I assume this is because trading and transfers are not accessible from a link in the main menu and it would have been confusing to double dip by having links in two different places. So yes, it appears to be intentional because of the new 'trading' link replacing the need for a link under 'account'. :)

This is correct. The old "Active Transfers" page has been replaced by the new "Trading Hub" which can be found on the top level navigation of every layout.

How long does it usually take for a user's dragon description to be approved?

Just now, Soulibur said:

How long does it usually take for a user's dragon description to be approved?

It varies.  Whenever a mod gets around to it.  Some time back, the que was so long some were in limbo for years.  If you get user comments that tell you things needed fixed, it can help it along if you go ahead and do so. :)  and if you have "view pending descriptions" checked in account settings it will show up as soon as it gets a high enough approval rate from other (non-mod) members.

Is it generally "g" now instead of the shard symbol in the Market? To me, "g" is "gram(me)". 😁

2 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Is it generally "g" now instead of the shard symbol in the Market? To me, "g" is "gram(me)". 😁

It should be the shard symbol. If you're seeing the g, do a hard refresh and it should fix it. :)

For the encyclopedia, can I unlock breeds by viewing my own adults/hatchlings that weren't originally counted, or do the dragons I view have to be owned by other people? What about the wilderness?

You can view your own dragons once every 30 days but I'm not sure from where you have to view them in order for it to register. I think the safest bet is to do it through lineage view.

Wild dragons work normally.

I suddenly can't edit my post on the 12th birthday thread. When I push 'save', a message pops up and says that the post can no longer be edited since it's been moved or deleted (even though it doesn't seem to be). Did I do something that breaks the rules?

Spoiler

wMpVKFZ.png

Edited by Cottoncat

@Cottoncat it shouldn't be doing that. Every now and then I have trouble editing posts, but usually because it doesn't load properly, not because I get an error like this. I usually do a hard refresh and it works the next time. Have you tried that? If that doesn't work, maybe log out of your account and back in again. Are you having the same issue with all your posts, or just that one in particular?

A tad off topic, but i've been foraging about and noticed that through this thread that people's 2013 Valentine Vases aren't visible, anymore through the https://dragcave.net/valentines13/lovecats99 link. Of course, I can still view mine through the personal link (https://dragcave.net/valentines13/) but I was wondering whether there was a reason for this change to happen or if it was just something eventually lost to time?

My vase (proof):

Spoiler

image.png.c6d84e17e0bb52b9603652d75993d673.png

Edited by lovecats99

@StormWizard212 I tried both of those things but it's still giving me the same message. It also pops up only when I'm trying to edit that specific post and it doesn't let me preview the edited post either. :ph34r: It's not a huge inconvenience though, I just found it a bit odd!