Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

You can view your own dragons once every 30 days but I'm not sure from where you have to view them in order for it to register. I think the safest bet is to do it through lineage view.

Wild dragons work normally.

I suddenly can't edit my post on the 12th birthday thread. When I push 'save', a message pops up and says that the post can no longer be edited since it's been moved or deleted (even though it doesn't seem to be). Did I do something that breaks the rules?

Spoiler

wMpVKFZ.png

Edited by Cottoncat

@Cottoncat it shouldn't be doing that. Every now and then I have trouble editing posts, but usually because it doesn't load properly, not because I get an error like this. I usually do a hard refresh and it works the next time. Have you tried that? If that doesn't work, maybe log out of your account and back in again. Are you having the same issue with all your posts, or just that one in particular?

A tad off topic, but i've been foraging about and noticed that through this thread that people's 2013 Valentine Vases aren't visible, anymore through the https://dragcave.net/valentines13/lovecats99 link. Of course, I can still view mine through the personal link (https://dragcave.net/valentines13/) but I was wondering whether there was a reason for this change to happen or if it was just something eventually lost to time?

My vase (proof):

Spoiler

image.png.c6d84e17e0bb52b9603652d75993d673.png

Edited by lovecats99

@StormWizard212 I tried both of those things but it's still giving me the same message. It also pops up only when I'm trying to edit that specific post and it doesn't let me preview the edited post either. :ph34r: It's not a huge inconvenience though, I just found it a bit odd!

I got that can't edit popup the other day too. So I quoted myself and edited that - and hid the first post !

I vaguely recall a thread where you can check for dragon names if they're okay. Where can I find it? Does it even exist? XD 

EDIT: Thanks DragonLady86 ❤️

Edited by Cinspawn

1 minute ago, Cinspawn said:

I vaguely recall a thread where you can check for dragon names if they're okay. Where can I find it? Does it even exist? XD 

Here ya go!

I have a quick question: could a topic be made in the suggestion section where i propose to add dimorphism to an already relased in-cave dragon?

I am afraid this is a topic that should  be categorized as Dragon request, however once the dragons are relased into the game it sounds weird to me to work on more sprites of that particular breed in the DR section, like if they weren't relased at all.

Would it be better if I contact the official spriters by PM and suggest them to add dimorphism on their own ?

13 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I have a quick question: could a topic be made in the suggestion section where i propose to add dimorphism to an already relased in-cave dragon?

I am afraid this is a topic that should  be categorized as Dragon request, however once the dragons are relased into the game it sounds weird to me to work on more sprites of that particular breed in the DR section, like if they weren't relased at all.

Would it be better if I contact the official spriters by PM and suggest them to add dimorphism on their own ?

Spriters have final say on something like that.  IF they want to add dimorphism, they will.  IF they do not want their creation to be dimorphic then no one else really has the right to change the already submitted art. 

You could contact them, but if they say no, too bad your answer is no. 

14 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

While dimorphism has been added to some breeds when they've been updated/rereleased (Horse, Frilled, Aria) it is very rare that in-cave dragons receive dimorphism after the initial release. The only example I can think of is the Gold-Horned Tangar and the male sprite was added not too long after the initial release. 

If I were you, I'd PM the spriter and see what they have to say, but I wouldn't get my hopes up since it happens very rarely. 

Quick question, what do you do when come across a description that's only a sentence or two long? Do you accept it (it if conforms to the description guidelines)?

11 minutes ago, sidmar said:

Quick question, what do you do when come across a description that's only a sentence or two long? Do you accept it (it if conforms to the description guidelines)?

I think that, so long as the description fits and gives some kind of substance to the described dragon,  the length of the description doesn't really matter.

35 minutes ago, sidmar said:

Yes. See this as an example. :) Probably squeaked by the reviewers.

Edited by Dirtytabs

6 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

28 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

I think that, so long as the description fits and gives some kind of substance to the described dragon,  the length of the description doesn't really matter.

That's a wonderful description Dirtytabs. But thanks for your replies, I've been reluctant to approve descriptions like that but I will now

🙂

19 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

That ABSOLUTELY makes the point !

A completely unrelatred TLQ, so has its own post.

I mentioned the other day that most of the codes ofr emojis no longer woprk for me - I get :) instead of :)

What seems to be causing it is this HUGE load of black and white emojis that we now have available  (which aren't half as nice as the basic colour ones... Except for this one: 👿)

When I start to type ones with more than two characters - like : lol : - :lol: I am offered all the ones that start like that ( 🍭 for instance) and get to pick one. But that doesn't happen with the short coded ones like xd and :( . Is there any way to force it to work as it used to ? I like emojis and it's a pain having to actually dig for them all.

I'm not sure where to post this. Sorry if this is not the correct place. I saw this egg in the incubator on Silvi's Lair and didn't recognize it. The description says it "does not actually exist" so why is it in the incubator and what is it? Tia :)

Screenshot_20180524-154422.png

Edited by BatPopsicle

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It's one of TJ's joke eggs. It grows, poofs and starts over.

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Fake_Eggs

Wow, that's too funny. In all this time I've never seen it. Thanks for the info. 😊

Edited by BatPopsicle
Typo

3 hours ago, BatPopsicle said:

I'm not sure where to post this. Sorry if this is not the correct place. I saw this egg in the incubator on Silvi's Lair and didn't recognize it. The description says it "does not actually exist" so why is it in the incubator and what is it? Tia :)

Screenshot_20180524-154422.png

Just a joke egg that TJ has.

Can I change my dc email if I can no longer access the current email account it's registered to?

For the market, is there a way to earn over the one hundred shards a week limit? Also, when does it reset? Never mind, I just saw that it resets on Sundays

Edited by Chatdweeb

8 minutes ago, Chatdweeb said:

For the market, is there a way to earn over the one hundred shards a week limit? Also, when does it reset? Never mind, I just saw that it resets on Sundays

There is not, which is kinda the point of a limit.

13 minutes ago, sidmar said:

Can I change my dc email if I can no longer access the current email account it's registered to?

Yes. All you need is access to a new email address to confirm the change. :)

8 minutes ago, Chatdweeb said:

No. Currently, each user can only earn 100 shards per week.