Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Anyone else getting sporadic error messages on DC? It started last night (around 1am cave-time I believe) and it's still happening this morning, I'm refreshing the AP and suddenly I get:

This page isn’t working

dragcave.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

It only happens every so often, but it's frequent enough to be annoying. Anyone else seeing this? 

Question:

Is there a known problem with the message notifications? ^^ I'm asking because I know I was online yesterday and yet I didn't get the notification of a new message until now :(

Yesterday I used the webbrowser of my laptop (ff) and today my mobile phone. Could it be an issue with my browser?

It would be really useful to know - I made someone wait for quite a bit and I'd hate to let that happen again ^^

Does abandoning a "Market" egg makes it transferable?

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Anyone else getting sporadic error messages on DC? It started last night (around 1am cave-time I believe) and it's still happening this morning, I'm refreshing the AP and suddenly I get:

This page isn’t working

dragcave.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

It only happens every so often, but it's frequent enough to be annoying. Anyone else seeing this? 

This issue has been brought up before. Perhaps try the advice in this thread and see if it works. In other cases where it has been reported, it has eventually resolved itself. It appears in this instance it was due to rebooting the router. Maybe give that a try.

7 hours ago, Belisar said:

Question:

Is there a known problem with the message notifications? ^^ I'm asking because I know I was online yesterday and yet I didn't get the notification of a new message until now :(

Yesterday I used the webbrowser of my laptop (ff) and today my mobile phone. Could it be an issue with my browser?

It would be really useful to know - I made someone wait for quite a bit and I'd hate to let that happen again ^^

Can you be a little bit more specific? Do you mean you didn't get the red number in the top right hand corner indicating a new message? Or was it the pop up you didn't get? If you usually get email notifications, did you receive an email about it? It might be worth changing your notification settings so you receive emails as well, if you're experiencing issues with forum notifications. Here is a link. Hopefully this was just a one time glitch and the problem has resolved itself, but if the issue continues in the future, please make a help thread and we can try to find a solution. :)

6 hours ago, QVic said:

Does abandoning a "Market" egg makes it transferable?

Are you asking whether you can teleport (transfer/trade) eggs that you have picked up from the AP that were originally purchased in the Market? I'm not quite sure. I've seen somebody say that they picked up a Market egg in the AP,  but not whether it was able to be teleported. I would assume not, but we might have to wait a little bit longer to find out for sure. You could see if you could find the person who found a Market egg in the AP and ask if they remember whether trading was an option. :)

Edited by StormWizard212

I don't know where to ask this, so if someone knows of a better place please tell me, but I'm kind of just looking for an opinion on grouping dragons... I've recently made groups for all the different subtypes, Western/Eastern/etc, and I spent a long time sorting every single breed, but I'm at a loss when it comes to the Terrae. Their Encyclopedia entry says Wingless, but that may be simply a coin-toss designation, the females are Wingless but the males have wings and would probably be called Westerns. Any ideas? Or anyone who can point me to a good thread for this?

I can't think of any fitting thread to discuss Terrae except the one in Help about encyclopedia body type issues.

Interestingly, according to the wikia the spriters stated that the females actually have remnants of wings in their skeletal structure. So technically you could classify them as Westerns?

14 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

Can you be a little bit more specific? Do you mean you didn't get the red number in the top right hand corner indicating a new message? Or was it the pop up you didn't get? If you usually get email notifications, did you receive an email about it? It might be worth changing your notification settings so you receive emails as well, if you're experiencing issues with forum notifications. Here is a link. Hopefully this was just a one time glitch and the problem has resolved itself, but if the issue continues in the future, please make a help thread and we can try to find a solution. :)

Being more specific:

No, no email notification set. I prefer it that way xD

I meant the red alarm thingy AND the pop-up. I do have a pop up blocker active, but I think it wasn't affected before?

To be honest I did not really pay attention to my actions on that day. They became relevant a bit more than a day later and my bird's brain can't hold such informations that long xD If I were able to, I would have opened a thread for the issue. But with so many "I think"s I suspect it would not be of much use v.v

Usually I'm online on my phone anyways ^^

Will stay a bit more alert however. To be able to report properly when it happens again. :)

6 hours ago, Belisar said:

Being more specific:

No, no email notification set. I prefer it that way xD

I meant the red alarm thingy AND the pop-up. I do have a pop up blocker active, but I think it wasn't affected before?

To be honest I did not really pay attention to my actions on that day. They became relevant a bit more than a day later and my bird's brain can't hold such informations that long xD If I were able to, I would have opened a thread for the issue. But with so many "I think"s I suspect it would not be of much use v.v

Usually I'm online on my phone anyways ^^

Will stay a bit more alert however. To be able to report properly when it happens again. :)

Definitely report it if it happens again. Hopefully it was just a one off thing, though! 

Is it not possible to pick up eggs from the AP that you have already previously picked up and abandoned (at some point in the past)?

33 minutes ago, sidmar said:

Is it not possible to pick up eggs from the AP that you have already previously picked up and abandoned (at some point in the past)?

It is not possible to pick up an egg of hatchling whose last owner was you. If someone else picks it up and drops it again, then you can grab it.

Need something specific? edit: okay, grabbed what I could and dropped it. Maybe one of these was what you need.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

OkOk, so I am a HUGE fan of How to Train Your Dragon and just saw the trailer for the new movie 'coming soon'. I was wondering if anyone else thought that it would be perfectly fitting for someone to pixel a Toothless and the White Night Fury(Light Fury?) as new dragons for Dragon Cave? Night Fury can be the male, and Light Fury can be the female? Did anyone else have this thought or was it just me? Do you think it could be a good idea? No? Yes? 

prettylady.pngDTV_cg_toothless_05-1st_image.png

Edited by dommybomb

Just now, dommybomb said:

OkOk, so I am a HUGE fan of How to Train Your Dragon and just saw the trailer for the new movie 'coming soon'. I was wondering if anyone else thought that it would be perfectly fitting for someone to pixel a Toothless and the White Night Fury(Light Fury?) as new dragons for Dragon Cave? Night Fury can be the male, and Light Fury can be the female? Did anyone else have this thought or was it just me? Do you think it could be a good idea? No? Yes?

Copyright issues. It's why the sprites with which the site originally started don't exist anymore.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Copyright issues. It's why the sprites with which the site originally started don't exist anymore.

Oooh..good point! Wait, there were sprite Toothless back then, or were they from something else?

29 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It is not possible to pick up an egg of hatchling whose last owner was you. If someone else picks it up and drops it again, then you can grab it.

Need something specific? edit: okay, grabbed what I could and dropped it. Maybe one of these was what you need.

Hey thanks for the reply, no I was just wondering, I noticed dc said I couldn't find an egg and I recognised the code as one I had earlier. This is a pretty neat feature actually, means I don't have to worry so much about picking up the same egg over and over again 🙂

On 6/3/2018 at 7:40 PM, purplehaze said:

It would be really nice if that could get posted somewhere more permanently than getting buried in the TLQ!

On 6/3/2018 at 9:41 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Here: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/179790-how-to-use-the-new-forum/?do=findComment&comment=9613413

Maybe it can be added to the FAQ, but it's a rather unofficial feature, I think?

Yes I agree. And that thread is something like how to use the forum. This banner could be more scroll,statistic or tool related. It would certainly be nice if it could be listed somewhere else officially, such as FAQ.

But I do appreciate what you've done, Ruby Eyes. :) (yes I know it's been added a while ago, but as you saw, I couldn't remember where to find it...) Thanks.

I dunno if this has been addressed elsewhere or not, but is there any way at all to get into contact with someone from Public Trades? I WANT to accept their offer (it's not really what I want, but it really is too good to pass up) but they have too many eggs! I really need a way to let this person know that yes, I will accept their offer and want to, but I can't because they have too many eggs! 

This has happened to me a lot in Public Trades lately. XD

44 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

I dunno if this has been addressed elsewhere or not, but is there any way at all to get into contact with someone from Public Trades? I WANT to accept their offer (it's not really what I want, but it really is too good to pass up) but they have too many eggs! I really need a way to let this person know that yes, I will accept their offer and want to, but I can't because they have too many eggs! 

This has happened to me a lot in Public Trades lately. XD

Right now the only way to do this would be to see if they are on the forums, you can search by members in the search bar. You could also post in this thread to see if anyone knows the user's forum name or how to contact them:

(You could also post in the Trading Hub Feedback thread in the Suggestions area, a few people have already brought up similar issues I think.)

Why did my Vampire egg disappear? It was successfully bitten but I was told the other dragons shoved it away. Why did that happen?

It's one of the three things that can happen. It dies, it becomes a vampire or it becomes a vampire and the other dragons kick it out. Why did it happen ? That was the outcome of the three that you hit. It's random. (I occasionally hope for that when I misclick !)

They have been dropping since 2010 regularly and since biomes were introduced in the forest biome. You still can have only though.

Edited by Chococat0815