Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Not while they are warded. Warding doesn't cure sickness but it prevents a sick egg from dying while it is warded. After warding wears off (6 hours), if the egg is still sick it may still die.

Currently experiencing an issue with my trade offers. Once I leave the page confirming I have made an offer on a trade, it does not show up on the "trading" tab. It shows up as being cancelled in the trading history. Anyone else seeing something similar. On the bright side, email issue seems to have been resolved 🙂

2 minutes ago, sidmar said:

Currently experiencing an issue with my trade offers. Once I leave the page confirming I have made an offer on a trade, it does not show up on the "trading" tab. It shows up as being cancelled in the trading history. Anyone else seeing something similar. On the bright side, email issue seems to have been resolved 🙂

(TJ has been notified, no other news)

Has anyone encountered this, yet? Melismors in some trades aren't showing up for me (even after making an offer.)

image.png.e986722d7e39ff3d253e2ab677489885.png

image.png.5db89db1c6b5db07bcba9cb68eb71c82.png

Edited by lovecats99

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@lovecats99 See the post directly above yours.

Isn't that just to do with trades offers being deleted, though? I can easily make an offer on the dragon, it's just the problem of not being able to see what i'm trying to trade. 

Edited by lovecats99

4 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

Isn't that just to do with trades offers being deleted, though? I can easily make an offer on the dragon, it's just the problem of not being able to see what i'm trying to trade. 

They aren't being deleted, they aren't even being STORED. Everyone gets as far as getting a confirmation about an offer made, but when they check, no offer is there.

Edit: I recognize your problem now - the new layout has thrown me off. Did you clear your cache and/or disable Adblock?

(I do suspect it has to do with TJ working on this thing right now, though.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

16 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

They aren't being deleted, they aren't even being STORED. Everyone gets as far as getting a confirmation about an offer made, but when they check, no offer is there.

Still, my problem is about not being able to see what i'm trying to trade for. I've fined it down and noticed that Melismor hatchies are the dragons which aren't showing up for me in trades: all other dragon breeds i've looked at seem to be visible. The Melismor hatchie on my scroll is also visible so it must be trading which is being a bit weird.

Edit: Melismor hatchies which have gendered female seem to be visible whilst male ones are not. Nevermind - one trade i've seen offering a female Melis seemed to be visible whilst another one offering another female Melis wasn't. This is a bit weird.

@Ruby Eyes Adblock for both the forums and the cave has been disabled so its not affecting things like it did to the Leodons a couple days ago. As for the cache, I refreshed it a couple days ago but i'll do it again just for good measure. 

Edit 2: Cleared my cache but things haven't changed a bit, sadly.

Edited by lovecats99

I'm on my phone (no adblock on there) and my whole trade history is gone. Yet I keep getting phantom notifications that i have offers on my trade. I think the problem goes beyond making offers. Hopefully TJ is still working on whatever is going on.

I'm seeing the same thing as lovecats99 with a total blank for whatever the other person put in a trade link.  In a couple of links in departures where the owner is asking for a dummy egg.  I didn't try putting a dummy in to see what happened then.  I don't run ad block.

Edited by Dracaena

The notification bells keeps lighting up for me, even though I've already checked the (old) notifications I received. Help?

8 hours ago, Hylian Dragon said:

I tried to change my password a few minutes ago but... it isn't taking effect?

I go to my Account page, Account Settings, Change Password and do the usual "Enter your old, plus the new, then the new again incase you derped while typing" stuff. Then after I click the change password button I get taken back to the first Account page. Is it supposed to direct me there? Because logging out and back in shows me that the password change hasn't taken effect at all.

I don't think this was addressed, but apologies if I missed it. Have you tried a different browser? I just successfully changed my password. Or have you tried clearing your cache?

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

The notification bells keeps lighting up for me, even though I've already checked the (old) notifications I received. Help?

This might be an obvious question, but have you tried doing a hard refresh or clearing your cache? Is the issue presenting across multiple browsers?

Edited by StormWizard212

13 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

This might be an obvious question, but have you tried doing a hard refresh or clearing your cache? Is the issue presenting across multiple browsers?

Yeah, I tested both of those. The bell is still acting weird.

This might be too specific to answer. Is it a really low chance to breed a Purple egg from a Spitfire x Purple? Or not possible? I've never seen a Purple from that pairing or have success breeding it myself.

9 minutes ago, Tesla said:

This might be too specific to answer. Is it a really low chance to breed a Purple egg from a Spitfire x Purple? Or not possible? I've never seen a Purple from that pairing or have success breeding it myself.

this is true with a lot of common X common. the newer breed drastically out shines the other.  And purples are one of the original site breeds.  It also doesn't help that that pairing produces a hybred  (ultraviolets) so there are three results. 

Edited by DragonLady86
fixed info

45 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a Purple from that pairing either since Ultraviolets were released. None of my two-dozen pairs has any Purple offspring - I bred them all just now and only got Ultraviolets and Spitfires so I'm also curious if Purples are actually a possible result.

7 hours ago, Tesla said:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/Te503

(The majority yields Ultraviolets though, and a few Spitfires.)

edit:

@Terces @sidmar

My pair seems to be able to yield both - they just threw a Spitfire. It's really just luck (or lack thereof).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

7 hours ago, Tesla said:

I remember asking this a few years ago, I think it depends on the pairing. For example someone linked me spitfire x purple pairs in which the majority of offspring were actually purple (though I cannot find this link anymore unfortunately), whereas my pair is still ~50-0 in favour of spits and ultraviolets to purples:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/atCJJ

In regards to the dragon encyclopedia, what exactly constitutes "observing" an adult dragon?

34 minutes ago, sidmar said:

In regards to the dragon encyclopedia, what exactly constitutes "observing" an adult dragon?

Clicking on a dragon so you get to its 'view' page from within the site seems to be the trick. If you follow a 'view' link it sometimes(?) doesn't register (at least that used to be a problem) but if you follow a 'lineage' or 'scroll' link and click on the dragon in question it definitely works.

Edited by Herk

Clicking dragons from /progeny/ pages works as well.

We have the market. :D

Eggs from the market show market as their biome of origin. Does anyone know how this may affect copper breeding ? (Someone I trade with wants a mate for a dragon with a green copper father - and at the moment it isn't possible, but I wondered....) Yes I know you can't buy coppers yet - but I am assuming TJ will find a way to sort that. And in fact - if the OTHER dragon could be bought, that might work too ?

If the mother has no biome (bred dragon) or was caught BEFORE the biomes were added (June 10, 2011), it will be the color of the Copper father.

- does Market = no biome ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

13 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I don't think this was addressed, but apologies if I missed it. Have you tried a different browser? I just successfully changed my password. Or have you tried clearing your cache?

That could have been it, I managed to change my password when I tried it on mobile instead of desktop, thanks.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

- does Market = no biome ?

I have not tried this myself but I would assume that to be true, it makes the most sense! Just like Cave = no biome.