Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

 

Yes. All you need is access to a new email address to confirm the change. :)

 

 

No. Currently, each user can only earn 100 shards per week. 

I tried changing email a few hours ago and received no verification email. I thought it might be just that particular email so I tried changing to with a different email, but I have not received anything. Do you have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, sidmar said:

I tried changing email a few hours ago and received no verification email. I thought it might be just that particular email so I tried changing to with a different email, but I have not received anything. Do you have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Did you check your spam folder?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, sidmar said:

I tried changing email a few hours ago and received no verification email. I thought it might be just that particular email so I tried changing to with a different email, but I have not received anything. Do you have any idea what could be causing this issue?

 

I tried changing my email address and instead of taking me to a verification screen (like after you perform an action, for example) it redirected to the actions menu and the email address remained the same in settings. I received no confirmation email, either. It wasn't in my junk folder. 

 

I changed my email address in the cave a few months ago and while I can't remember exactly what happened (whether there was a verification screen, for example), I remember it being immediate and being left with no doubt that it had worked. This time, the redirected page loaded too quickly compared to my usual page loading time and had a strange URL that I don't remember from last time. 

 

I'm wondering if, with all the new changes in the cave, something has gone wrong somewhere along the line. @TJ09 could you please have a look into this when you have a chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

 

I tried changing my email address and instead of taking me to a verification screen (like after you perform an action, for example) it redirected to the actions menu and the email address remained the same in settings. I received no confirmation email, either. It wasn't in my junk folder. 

 

I changed my email address in the cave a few months ago and while I can't remember exactly what happened (whether there was a verification screen, for example), I remember it being immediate and being left with no doubt that it had worked. This time, the redirected page loaded too quickly compared to my usual page loading time and had a strange URL (https://dragcave.net/account/{$info['base']}account/email) that I don't remember from last time. 

 

I'm wondering if, with all the new changes in the cave, something has gone wrong somewhere along the line. @TJ09 could you please have a look into this when you have a chance? 

I just checked the redirect url from the change email address button and it's the same strange URL, even with the incorrect password, weird? Yeah maybe we'll have to bring in TJ.

 

13 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

Did you check your spam folder?

Yeah no luck 🙁

Share this post


Link to post

@sidmar if the same URL loads even with an incorrect password entered, then it's definitely a bug. Thanks for bringing it up and hopefully it will be sorted soon! :)

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

@sidmar if the same URL loads even with an incorrect password entered, then it's definitely a bug. Thanks for bringing it up and hopefully it will be sorted soon! :)

Ah ok, glad to have helped

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2018 at 7:41 PM, sidmar said:

Quick question, what do you do when come across a description that's only a sentence or two long? Do you accept it (it if conforms to the description guidelines)?

 

On 5/24/2018 at 7:53 PM, Whirlaway said:


I think that, so long as the description fits and gives some kind of substance to the described dragon,  the length of the description doesn't really matter.

 

What about all the descriptions that only consist of three words "Name means [meaning of name]"? There are a lot of those lately.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Why is it a problem ? Seriously ? If that's what the owner wants to say - isn't that their privilege ?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Why is it a problem ? Seriously ? If that's what the owner wants to say - isn't that their privilege ?

 

It doesn't describe the dragon, so it IS against the rules. Otherwise we could wave through people saying "this is a shopping list: milk, egg, butter" if that's what they wanted to write.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dustpuppy said:

 

 

What about all the descriptions that only consist of three words "Name means [meaning of name]"? There are a lot of those lately.

 

 

 

I wouldn't approve a description like that at all.

Share this post


Link to post

On the Enclyclopedia page for Sunset Dragons, the egg sprite it's locked. Tried clicking eggs, owning them.... But all of them are marked as Sunrise Dragons... Is it a bug, or just very bad luck?

Share this post


Link to post

My husband's Red Tailed Wyverns don't show their Breed on their description page - why?

Share this post


Link to post

Because he hasn't unlocked them in the Encyclopedia ;)

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Herk said:

 

It doesn't describe the dragon, so it IS against the rules. Otherwise we could wave through people saying "this is a shopping list: milk, egg, butter" if that's what they wanted to write.

 

Actually, I'd argue that a description stating what the dragon's name means *is* describing the dragon... It's describing the dragon's name. Descriptions don't have to be long and they don't have to describe personality or anything specific. A shopping list is not describing the dragon, but I'd say explaining the meaning behind the dragon's name is.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm afraid I disagree. The fact that my RL name is the Dutch version of 'the female Christian' DOESN'T describe me - in any way.

 

There's a lot that you can do with descriptions. personality, a certain incident that's important for that dragon... I'd be perfectly fine with "Her name means 'Flurry Heart' in her parents' native tongue and she loves that fact/ and she thinks that's silly/but she always claims it's 'Murderous Cow' instead/ she really doesn't care though." All those would give us a tiny insight into the DRAGON instead of the name while still carrying the explanation if you care about that.

 

(also this might be a discussion better served in Description Force ;)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Shirubia said:

On the Enclyclopedia page for Sunset Dragons, the egg sprite it's locked. Tried clicking eggs, owning them.... But all of them are marked as Sunrise Dragons... Is it a bug, or just very bad luck?

 

Because Sunset eggs are the same as Sunrise eggs, for some reason it only counts the egg once it's hatched as a Sunset and then it should appear in the Encyclopedia :). The Encyclopedia considers all of those eggs as Sunrise until hatching, hence why they've been marked Sunrise on your previous tries.

Edited by Alectrona

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Alectrona said:

 

Because Sunset eggs are the same as Sunrise eggs, for some reason it only counts the egg once it's hatched as a Sunset and then it should appear in the Encyclopedia :). The Encyclopedia considers all of those eggs as Sunrise until hatching, hence why they've been marked Sunrise on your previous tries.

Oh that's new to me! I was also stuck on only getting Sunrise eggs....

Share this post


Link to post

The Arias can occasionally breed Pink babies. This is carried over from when the Pink dragon replaced the retired "old Pinks". When the old Pinks were re-released as the Arias, they retained the ability to breed Pinks, although mostly they will spawn Aria eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, dommybomb said:

America Explain?

image.png.25be922695b4916431bcd9338dccbbaf.png

 

What, specifically, are you asking? Are you asking about why the Arias have produced a Pink dragon? If so, it's because the dragons that we now call Aria dragons used to be Bright Pinks and they predated the release of the current Pink dragon. The current Pink dragon (the hatchling in that screenshot) replaced the Bright Pinks when they were retired, but if you bred together the old Bright Pinks you could produce the new Pink dragons. When the Bright Pink dragon was updated and rereleased as the Aria dragon, they continued to breed Pink eggs sometimes. There's a bit more information on their wiki page here

 

Is this what you were asking?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a little late to this so it's probably been answered. I'm looking at the market because there's dragons I'd like to get, but most of them don't even appear. I'm not talking about the "need more encyclopedia info", they're just not there. One example would be the Baikala dragons. is there a reason why or do I just need to do something for them to even appear?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

I'm a little late to this so it's probably been answered. I'm looking at the market because there's dragons I'd like to get, but most of them don't even appear. I'm not talking about the "need more encyclopedia info", they're just not there. One example would be the Baikala dragons. is there a reason why or do I just need to do something for them to even appear?

Breeds with biome-specific alts don't appear there (yet).

(Florets being there might mean that they may originally have been intended as random alts of each other like Ridgewings.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Breeds with biome-specific alts don't appear there (yet).

(Florets being there might mean that they may originally have been intended as random alts of each other like Ridgewings.)

 

Okay the other one I was disappointed about was the xenowyrms not being there. Hopefully they can get added though.

 

Also another question...I've been messing with the sort options and I like I can now select from my dragons as they appear on my scroll. I made a group but the dragons still stayed in the original group. Is there a way to move them to that group and remove them from the default group?

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.