Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

@sidmar if the same URL loads even with an incorrect password entered, then it's definitely a bug. Thanks for bringing it up and hopefully it will be sorted soon! :)

Ah ok, glad to have helped

On 5/24/2018 at 7:41 PM, sidmar said:

Quick question, what do you do when come across a description that's only a sentence or two long? Do you accept it (it if conforms to the description guidelines)?

On 5/24/2018 at 7:53 PM, Whirlaway said:

I think that, so long as the description fits and gives some kind of substance to the described dragon,  the length of the description doesn't really matter.

What about all the descriptions that only consist of three words "Name means [meaning of name]"? There are a lot of those lately.

Why is it a problem ? Seriously ? If that's what the owner wants to say - isn't that their privilege ?

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Why is it a problem ? Seriously ? If that's what the owner wants to say - isn't that their privilege ?

It doesn't describe the dragon, so it IS against the rules. Otherwise we could wave through people saying "this is a shopping list: milk, egg, butter" if that's what they wanted to write.

1 hour ago, dustpuppy said:

What about all the descriptions that only consist of three words "Name means [meaning of name]"? There are a lot of those lately.

I wouldn't approve a description like that at all.

On the Enclyclopedia page for Sunset Dragons, the egg sprite it's locked. Tried clicking eggs, owning them.... But all of them are marked as Sunrise Dragons... Is it a bug, or just very bad luck?

My husband's Red Tailed Wyverns don't show their Breed on their description page - why?

Because he hasn't unlocked them in the Encyclopedia ;)

3 hours ago, Herk said:

It doesn't describe the dragon, so it IS against the rules. Otherwise we could wave through people saying "this is a shopping list: milk, egg, butter" if that's what they wanted to write.

Actually, I'd argue that a description stating what the dragon's name means *is* describing the dragon... It's describing the dragon's name. Descriptions don't have to be long and they don't have to describe personality or anything specific. A shopping list is not describing the dragon, but I'd say explaining the meaning behind the dragon's name is.

I'm afraid I disagree. The fact that my RL name is the Dutch version of 'the female Christian' DOESN'T describe me - in any way.

There's a lot that you can do with descriptions. personality, a certain incident that's important for that dragon... I'd be perfectly fine with "Her name means 'Flurry Heart' in her parents' native tongue and she loves that fact/ and she thinks that's silly/but she always claims it's 'Murderous Cow' instead/ she really doesn't care though." All those would give us a tiny insight into the DRAGON instead of the name while still carrying the explanation if you care about that.

(also this might be a discussion better served in Description Force ;)

2 hours ago, Shirubia said:

On the Enclyclopedia page for Sunset Dragons, the egg sprite it's locked. Tried clicking eggs, owning them.... But all of them are marked as Sunrise Dragons... Is it a bug, or just very bad luck?

Because Sunset eggs are the same as Sunrise eggs, for some reason it only counts the egg once it's hatched as a Sunset and then it should appear in the Encyclopedia :). The Encyclopedia considers all of those eggs as Sunrise until hatching, hence why they've been marked Sunrise on your previous tries.

Edited by Alectrona

17 hours ago, Alectrona said:

Because Sunset eggs are the same as Sunrise eggs, for some reason it only counts the egg once it's hatched as a Sunset and then it should appear in the Encyclopedia :). The Encyclopedia considers all of those eggs as Sunrise until hatching, hence why they've been marked Sunrise on your previous tries.

Oh that's new to me! I was also stuck on only getting Sunrise eggs....

The Arias can occasionally breed Pink babies. This is carried over from when the Pink dragon replaced the retired "old Pinks". When the old Pinks were re-released as the Arias, they retained the ability to breed Pinks, although mostly they will spawn Aria eggs.

9 minutes ago, dommybomb said:

America Explain?

image.png.25be922695b4916431bcd9338dccbbaf.png

What, specifically, are you asking? Are you asking about why the Arias have produced a Pink dragon? If so, it's because the dragons that we now call Aria dragons used to be Bright Pinks and they predated the release of the current Pink dragon. The current Pink dragon (the hatchling in that screenshot) replaced the Bright Pinks when they were retired, but if you bred together the old Bright Pinks you could produce the new Pink dragons. When the Bright Pink dragon was updated and rereleased as the Aria dragon, they continued to breed Pink eggs sometimes. There's a bit more information on their wiki page here

Is this what you were asking?

I'm a little late to this so it's probably been answered. I'm looking at the market because there's dragons I'd like to get, but most of them don't even appear. I'm not talking about the "need more encyclopedia info", they're just not there. One example would be the Baikala dragons. is there a reason why or do I just need to do something for them to even appear?

3 minutes ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

I'm a little late to this so it's probably been answered. I'm looking at the market because there's dragons I'd like to get, but most of them don't even appear. I'm not talking about the "need more encyclopedia info", they're just not there. One example would be the Baikala dragons. is there a reason why or do I just need to do something for them to even appear?

Breeds with biome-specific alts don't appear there (yet).

(Florets being there might mean that they may originally have been intended as random alts of each other like Ridgewings.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

10 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Breeds with biome-specific alts don't appear there (yet).

(Florets being there might mean that they may originally have been intended as random alts of each other like Ridgewings.)

Okay the other one I was disappointed about was the xenowyrms not being there. Hopefully they can get added though.

Also another question...I've been messing with the sort options and I like I can now select from my dragons as they appear on my scroll. I made a group but the dragons still stayed in the original group. Is there a way to move them to that group and remove them from the default group?

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

39 minutes ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

Also another question...I've been messing with the sort options and I like I can now select from my dragons as they appear on my scroll. I made a group but the dragons still stayed in the original group. Is there a way to move them to that group and remove them from the default group?

No, you can't remove them from showing on your scroll, if that is what you are asking?

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No, you can't remove them from showing on your scroll, if that is what you are asking?

Yes, that's what I was asking. That's pretty strange since what is the point of moving things to groups when they don't actually move. Thanks for the help.

4 minutes ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

Yes, that's what I was asking. That's pretty strange since what is the point of moving things to groups when they don't actually move. Thanks for the help.

Think of groups like of tags (each dragon can have multiple groups), not folders (would be only one for each dragon).

It is useful for finding certain dragons more easily, especially if you have a large scroll.