Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Only 2 CBs, but there is no limit on bred eggs.

Thanks for the reply! Oh my gosh I am crying in both joy and frustration... how am I gonna get them all???? :o

22 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

The miscommunication in this thread is a good example of people not listening.

Two accounts were given of people breeding a pair for the first time during the holiday, without fertility.

The second time they went to breed the pair, after the holiday, even with fertility, they refused. 

The idea is that though you don't need fertility to produce eggs on the holiday, you may very well need to do it to prevent a future refusal if it's the first time you've ever bred the pair.

I'm going to assume you don't mean me, because my reading comprehension is impeccable.

Anyone who doesn't understand that just because you bred a pair during a holiday week doesn't mean they'll play nice after, even with Fertility, needs more help than I can provide them. As I made very clear in my last post, holiday breedings are irrelevant to anything attempted outside of them, with special regard to untried pairs.

23 minutes ago, Miral said:

Anyone who doesn't understand that just because you bred a pair during a holiday week doesn't mean they'll play nice after, even with Fertility, needs more help than I can provide them. As I made very clear in my last post, holiday breedings are irrelevant to anything attempted outside of them, with special regard to untried pairs.

That's how it *should* be, at least.

Since we don't have any insights on the underlying coding, seeing multiple examples of Fertility failing to prevent a refusal in a very specific set of conditions (aka the first breeding being an in-season breeding without Fertility applied) might point to a bug. Considering that the refusal mechanics have been changed a couple of times in the past years, there's always the possibility of something having been missed. That's something only TJ could tell for sure.

14 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That's how it *should* be, at least.

Since we don't have any insights on the underlying coding, seeing multiple examples of Fertility failing to prevent a refusal in a very specific set of conditions (aka the first breeding being an in-season breeding without Fertility applied) might point to a bug. Considering that the refusal mechanics have been changed a couple of times in the past years, there's always the possibility of something having been missed. That's something only TJ could tell for sure.

People have been reporting refusals of normal/ non-turpentine breeds after fertility as well. Proof: 

Edit: correct quote since editing quotes is weird on mobile.

So perhaps mechanics have just changed. It still doesn't mean people aren't understanding/listening or that it's only specific to holidays.

Edited by Jazeki

I know about those, don't worry. But the number of common everyday breedings is probably slightly larger than the number of holiday/newmate breedings. Seeing how low the overall chance at Fertility failure seems to be, the number of failings in such a specific circumstance seems suspicious to me. But, as I say, there is only one person who would know for sure, and he won't even notice this issue if none of those affected makes a glitch thread for it.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I know about those, don't worry. But the number of common everyday breedings is probably slightly larger than the number of holiday/newmate breedings. Seeing how low the overall chance at Fertility failure seems to be, the number of failings in such a specific circumstance seems suspicious to me. But, as I say, there is only one person who would know for sure, and he won't even notice this issue if none of those affected makes a glitch thread for it.

That's true.  Hopefully someone makes one or @TJ09 pops in here to confirm how fertility works.

Maybe the mention will work. I know TJ does answer TLQ's sometimes.

Yes. Unless TJ ever reveals specifics, a theoretical knowledge of refusal mechanics is all we have to base inferences and suppositions on.

Let's hope he sees this.

I noticed that when they first came out. I suspect it came from the creator? lady lyzar said at the time that the colour was indigo.

Historically it has been the 19th. No reason to think it will change this year. That allows a week of breeding including Christmas Day.

Thanks! I'm not meaning to impose a date, purple haze! It's an honest mix up, which is why I was asking.

12 minutes ago, 888888 said:

Thanks! I'm not meaning to impose a date, purple haze! It's an honest mix up, which is why I was asking.

No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you were.

Are they any threads discussing patterns in egg drops? I don't necessarily mean only timing but more like if there's any trends for rarity of drops increasing/decreasing, and really just more information about drops in general. All I've been able to find so far was one thread discussing different methods of catching rare eggs.

39 minutes ago, leaf0701 said:

Are they any threads discussing patterns in egg drops? I don't necessarily mean only timing but more like if there's any trends for rarity of drops increasing/decreasing, and really just more information about drops in general. All I've been able to find so far was one thread discussing different methods of catching rare eggs.

Here are two:

and 

They are out of date though, so you may want to make a new thread. :3 

9 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

does the christmas event start tonight at midnight or sometime tomorrow?

Not until the 19th, if past events are indicative. That would be midnight at the end of Monday.

Small q: I went away for a few hours or so and my lunar hatchie got sick. I fogged it as soon as I discovered it, but are these stats too high for it to recover:

• Overall views:7,181
  • Unique views:1,777
  • Clicks:3

It's at 5 days 16 hours and has been fogged for an hour so far.

Edited by Jazeki

@Jazeki Take all your stuff out of EATW. It's the culprit.

I'm not certain if it will live, if it was an egg, could use ward.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock