Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, Sea Pancake said:

Forgive me if this has been asked already as I couldn't find it...what happened to the contact list that we used to have? I saved quite a few people in there for future gifting and now I can't find the list anywhere x.x

It disappeared with the forum upgrade some months ago :(

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I didn't find anything via google ^^'

Can I influence on the specie of an egg when pairing two different dragons?

I am making a Almandine/Spirit Ward checker and for now, I only had Spirit Ward when breeding. I managed to get 2G almandine via trading, but now that I engage 3rd gen, it's quite problematic :/ Is it just a mix of luck and patience or can I do something to increase my karma? 

Thanks a lot :)

2 minutes ago, Nofnof said:

Can I influence on the specie of an egg when pairing two different dragons?

Nope. It's all subject to chance, based on ratios. Basically, you'll more often get Spirit Wards than the other breed ...

Maybe the hourly egg creation job didn't run. So the biomes should hopefully be filled at the next full hour again.

@Nofnof: it's worth using fertility on that pairing when you're breeding to speed the process along. While it won't affect which breed you get, increasing the chance of getting any egg will mean that you'll get the one you want faster in the long run (even if it takes a few tries to get the right breed). This might be stating the obvious, but just trying to help! ^_^

Edited by StormWizard212

Hi, is there a way to make the main game not on mobile version while on my phone? I generally dislike mobile versions, and I would prefer to play with my usual version.

If it works like a tablet, "select desktop view"

12 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

If it works like a tablet, "select desktop view"

Where would I find that?

This is not quite a 'site problem' (unless it is?) but I I can't think of a better place to ask it, so.... Ihave an egg at >3days.  When I use Precognition, it still gives the "but its future may still be influenced" version of the gender message. 

Is this just a weird quirk (Precog can't recognize when an egg is uninfluenceable), an error (Precog is failing to recognize that the egg can't be influenced, but it should), or a Super Sekrit Hint (that there's some way to influence the egg still)? 

Yes it's just a weird quirk. I think it has been brought up before.

Edited by fuzzbucket

On my Android, there's a little cog wheel on the right that gives a pulldown menu.

So, THIS happened:

image.png.dd5bee1e581558edad428af21f15bed8.png

Defined Rules for Xeno-Breeding (pulled from the Wiki):

Situation 1: Xeno x Non-Xeno (regular biome): 

• Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation 
  • Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed 
  • Outcome 3: you get the Xeno corresponding to the Non-Xeno's biome 

Situation 2: Xeno x Non-Xeno (Cave): 

• Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation 
  • Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed 
  • Outcome 3: you get a random egg from the other 5 Xeno variations 

Bred dragons (ie the Mutamore sire) are considered "Cave", right? Since it would have no Biome, that's why I got a "random" Xeno egg color?

Was kinda shocked seeing that tbh.

Not sure actually. The Mute WILL show where it was caught.

So I just did a thing.

Bred an Astrapi  to a Heartseeker (coast) - got a thalassa: thalassa.png.76d5bf3e3cff02e23476b1cb4903c931.png

Bred an Astrapi to an Arsani ( desert) - got an astrapi  astrapi.png.f5192cd762418bb617a52ec1781f6d53.png

Bred an Astrapi to a Mutamore (Jungle) - got a gaia. jungle.png.366e1419ae188ae38fdb329b32bcae64.png

Bred another Astrapi to another Mutamore (Volcano) - got a pyro.Pyro.png.4bfc429cea6f7e4e6287b8e7f599dcaf.png

ALL those fit the rules. I don't think it's random at all. Where was your mutamore caught ? I am betting Forest ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

@Metal-n-Monster

I'm pretty sure that bred dragons follow the same rules as dragons with "Cave" as their biome in this sort of situation, yeah. Since neither has a proper biome. It seems to be this way for other dragons, like Baikalas for instance:

Male Baikala x any CB female dragon = Egg color of its mother's biome.

• If the mother has no biome (bred dragon) or was caught BEFORE the biomes were added (June 10, 2011), it will be the color of the Baikala father.

(This is also from the Wiki)

Zombie dragons are another example of bred and "Cave" dragons being lumped together, because they both have the same tombstone sprite while each biome has a unique one. When biomes matter, lumping bred and "Cave" dragons together into the same category just seems to be a thing that happens.

@fuzzbucket

The egg's parent is a bred Mutamore, not a CB one.

Edited by songwithnosoul

Yeah, the Mutamore was Bred (so 2nd Gen) and so it wouldn't HAVE a Biome attached to it. I was just curious if a Bred Dragon would act like a "Cave" Dragon, considering I just got a weird egg. lol

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

Someone at Facebook today had a mageia-fail xeno, got some other colour entirely after several true breedings.

That's within the patterns too:

Situation 3: Xeno x Xeno:
Outcome 1: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent A
Outcome 2: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent B
Outcome 3: They have a smaller chance to breed one of the other 4 (or 5 if both parents are the same variation) Xeno variations.

They ALWAYS do it the one time it matters that they don't !

I have a question about using fertility on a rare x common breed.

Does it negatively affect the chances of getting a rare, by reaching for a common--the easiest thing for the ratios to produce--to raise the odds of egg production?

Or are the chances of getting an egg and what the egg is too completely different dice rolls, ie, it will never harm my odds of getting the rarer breed?

As far as I know, fertility will speed up the process of getting the egg that you want. Say on average you get your rare once every 10 breeds, the other 9 being the common variant. If you successfully breed an egg every time, you're going to get there a lot faster than if you were to go a few weeks without getting any egg at all. I don't think it reaches for the easiest option - it just reduces the chance of getting nothing. It shouldn't affect the ratios in any way and is still be beneficial to use.

Of course, TJ is probably the only one who could give a definitive answer, but that has always been my understanding of how fertility works. 

4 minutes ago, kyleedj said:

Is this the code format I'm supposed to use for the TJ leave and take page?

Every time I put it in it tells me it is incorrect.

I am getting an API error trying to put a teleport in there. o.O