Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recently, some of the images in the forums have been showing up for me like this:

New_FSprite.gif   >> New_FSprite.gif

I only have Google Doc extensions enabled and it's like this on both Chrome and Firefox. Anyone know how to fix this?

I think this may happen when the forum is under heavy load and doesn't load everything completely - especially the image server.

Is it possible that certain pairings with tinsels simply do not produce tinsels, or am I just having horrendous luck?

I've been breeding (or at least attempting to) a silver tinsel with a sapphire dragon almost every single week since at least February 12th and have had either no interest or only sapphire eggs (so somewhere between 25-29 attempts). I've never had Goomy go this long without giving a silver egg :C 

1 hour ago, LadyNightshade said:

Is it possible that certain pairings with tinsels simply do not produce tinsels, or am I just having horrendous luck?

I've been breeding (or at least attempting to) a silver tinsel with a sapphire dragon almost every single week since at least February 12th and have had either no interest or only sapphire eggs (so somewhere between 25-29 attempts). I've never had Goomy go this long without giving a silver egg :C 

You're just getting really unlucky, Your tinsel will produce a prize egg eventually.

Is it possible you could try another sapphire. It sounds insane - but some pairs are really difficult.... Kind of like people, really :lol:

I'd assume not? I'm not experiencing the weird bulleted lists, anyway, either with the default or St. Patrick's Day skins. The site looks normal on my end.

Edit: I was using Chrome, but it looks normal in Firefox too.

Edited by songwithnosoul

Aw man, I don't want it to just a be problem on my end ;( I logged out and it proceeded to look a LOT worse. And I opened it up on my phone and it looks bad as well! So it can't be something that can be fixed by clearing cookies or something. I don't even use the same browser on my phone and laptop.

Edit: Doesn't happen on my phone's data so it's my wifi and on my end, nothing can be done + ignore me.

Edited by Mangrit

Hello, I made a dragon cave style for the browser addon Stylish. I wanted to ask if I'm allowed to "advertise" it here in the forum? Right now I have it in my signature and one post.

37 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

Er, should the site be looking like this right now?

I have the same problem, actually. Started just after the maintenance. PC, default skin, Firefox browser.

Edited by Gealach

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Clear cache, load again?

Oops, it totally worked. I thought it wouldn't bc I had it on two devices. It had already fixed itself on my phone after I switched between wifi and data twice so it probably has the same effect. I'm soothed that it happened to someone else tho.

For those with wonky DC pages: I had this problem today as well (from two different computers - my work and personal laptop) and a simple hard refresh fixed it immediately. :) I had to do a hard refresh on each affected page, but then the next time it loaded there was no longer an issue. Easy peasy! Hopefully this works for you guys, too.

Edit: whoops. Didn't see that there was another page and that you guys had it sorted. Sorry! But if there's anyone else having this issue, it should be a simple and quick fix. 

Edited by StormWizard212

4 hours ago, Petra1999 said:

Hello, I made a dragon cave style for the browser addon Stylish. I wanted to ask if I'm allowed to "advertise" it here in the forum? Right now I have it in my signature and one post.

I believe you'll have better luck getting that answered if you ask a mod or TJ himself. :3

14 hours ago, Petra1999 said:

It depends a lot on what you're doing to pages and how you're doing it. e.g.

• I've seen stylish things that specifically hide ads. That's definitely a no-go.
  • If you're targeting minified CSS classes at all (such as "_1n_9"), that's not going to work since they're computer-generated names that can change/break at any time. I don't go out of my way to re-shuffle them, but I also don't go out of my way to keep them consistent.
  • The modifications you're doing to pages may in fact be against the site rules if they do anything that may provide an advantage over others.

When did the general dragon description change? I just noticed it, but I rarely actually look at that section of the view page.

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

It depends a lot on what you're doing to pages and how you're doing it. e.g.

• I've seen stylish things that specifically hide ads. That's definitely a no-go.
  • If you're targeting minified CSS classes at all (such as "_1n_9"), that's not going to work since they're computer-generated names that can change/break at any time. I don't go out of my way to re-shuffle them, but I also don't go out of my way to keep them consistent.
  • The modifications you're doing to pages may in fact be against the site rules if they do anything that may provide an advantage over others.

Okay, thanks for the answer!

7 hours ago, Guillotine said:

When did the general dragon description change? I just noticed it, but I rarely actually look at that section of the view page.

Probably half a month ago:

Is there a way to sort dragons by gender in groups - like by breed but you would have males above females or other way around? Because if I sort by breed the genders are all messed up - same with frozen hatchies...  Or only tiring custom sort allows me to do that?

Currently, yes, only custom sort. :(

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Well I did a dumb thing.😔

i bred this silver shimmer with a full scroll.  So it ended up on th AP and apparently someone got it...

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ComxS

it would be nice to know if I could find this dc user and work out some type of deal for it

50 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

it would be nice to know if I could find this dc user and work out some type of deal for it

Renaming the parents is pretty much your best bet.

On 1/21/2014 at 1:41 AM, diaveborn said:

As of 12 Feb 2014, it is mod-acceptable to politely change your dragon names to indicate you're looking for the egg. As well, they say it is okay to ask in your signature, *only if* the code to the egg that isn't yours has caps changed. For example, an egg with the code (c0DEs) would need to be typed as something like C0des instead. edit, 22 June 2014: You can also link to the progeny page of your own adult dragon

Forgive me if this has been asked already as I couldn't find it...what happened to the contact list that we used to have? I saved quite a few people in there for future gifting and now I can't find the list anywhere x.x