Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

8 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

And, related, but does anyone know how I can get in touch with S0r0k4?

They didn't post there, so I just PM you their new name :)

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

They didn't post there, so I just PM you their new name :)

This is exactly why I wasn't happy with name changes that weren't easily trackable. Suppose I had some person on a list of people I didn't want to trade with, or if, like ADP, I owed them something. I've no way of finding them, or of avoiding trading with them. Sure, there are a vanishingly small number of people who have legitimate reasons for hiding - but very few of us are being dangerously stalked or anything. This should have been TOTALLY transparent with a tiny number of exceptions.

Their old profile link still works. So if you need to have a private blacklist, store their profile link.

Thanks.

I came back to say - for clarity - I have NO issues at all with S0r0k4 - very much the contrary. And I do actually know their new name. But it's the principle. It should be very easy to see who it was that scammed our best friend, like.

That's odd. I had them unlocked... I guess I have to do it again !

2 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

nekid❓

Naked. The ones that have pulled off their scales due to mating with one of the "icky" breeds -- the tan colored ones.

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

This is exactly why I wasn't happy with name changes that weren't easily trackable. Suppose I had some person on a list of people I didn't want to trade with, or if, like ADP, I owed them something. I've no way of finding them, or of avoiding trading with them. Sure, there are a vanishingly small number of people who have legitimate reasons for hiding - but very few of us are being dangerously stalked or anything. This should have been TOTALLY transparent with a tiny number of exceptions.

Totally agree with this. There are some people I wanted to trade with, and now I can't find them again. I hadn't even considered the other option - avoiding someone who had behaved badly -, but that's really scary!

Thank you, Rainstarkitty, for posting the link to the name change thread, I hadn't seen that one yet.

Why do I get the bad feeling that forum name changes are going to be taken away with all of these "Pros & cons" coming out into the open? I agree with RE that their profile link is still correct so recording them would be a better option for everyone involved. My forum number is and will always be 63874, no matter if my name was predatorfan4ever or Metal-n-Monster or Req or w/e. Just occasionally check the links of your Blacklisted people for any new developments, record the new name if there is any, and move on. And if you're engaging in a new trade with someone you don't recognize, just double check any name changes they may have had by the little icon next to their profile name on their profile page:

SaJ0DL9.png

Also things like any scroll name in their signatures, or if they've had the same signature for a decade and you "recognize" it ,etc, may be helpful to indicate "Hey, this is someone I know!", either positively or negatively.

I just don't want the option to go away. To be frank, I wanted to change my old username for EVER (nearly a decade!) and now I have my wish. What if I wake up one day and say, "You know what, I hate my username now." and I can't change it anymore? It would really suck to go back to being stuck with something I hate.

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

35 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Naked. The ones that have pulled off their scales due to mating with one of the "icky" breeds -- the tan colored ones.

Ah, got it.  I didn't really pay attention to the Dark Luminas when they debuted.  What a funny quirk😄

19 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Ah, got it.  I didn't really pay attention to the Dark Luminas when they debuted.  What a funny quirk😄

Regular Luminas do the same thing, actually.

26 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

I just don't want the option to go away. To be frank, I wanted to change my old username for EVER (nearly a decade!) and now I have my wish. What if I wake up one day and say, "You know what, I hate my username now." and I can't change it anymore? It would really suck to go back to being stuck with something I hate.

I am absolutely fine with it not going away. But there should be a totally accessible list with everyone on it. I am very glad to see the link on a new profile name showing what it used to be - but still.

Thanks for the answers, guys!

And now a new question: if someone changes their name, can they ever change back to the old one? 

Just now, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Thanks for the answers, guys!

And now a new question: if someone changes their name, can they ever change back to the old one? 

I did so on another forum that uses the same system. As long as a name is available, I'm guessing it can be taken.

Where is the list of all current mods ? :/ 

On old forum layout you could see who were the mods for different sections/sub-topics - where can you see that now? 

6 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

You would also need to wait 90 days to change it back, since you're only able to make one change every 90 day period. :)

How do I get this line out of the top (side, not the one separating it from the post) of my signature? I put it in by accident and I haven't figured out how to remove it!

Edited by kyleedj

31 minutes ago, kyleedj said:

How do I get this line out of the top (side, not the one separating it from the post) of my signature? I put it in by accident and I haven't figured out how to remove it!

Not really sure because I don't know how you put it in, but if it happened while you were editing your sig, try copying the part of the sig you want to save, Ctrl+A->delete, then pasting back your sig. If it was a coding error that should get rid of it. :o

2 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Not really sure because I don't know how you put it in, but if it happened while you were editing your sig, try copying the part of the sig you want to save, Ctrl+A->delete, then pasting back your sig. If it was a coding error that should get rid of it. :o

That worked! Thank you so much. It happened while I was posting a url in my signature lol.

Just now, kyleedj said:

That worked! Thank you so much. It happened while I was posting a url in my signature lol.

Glad I could help! :D

Is there some kind of list for inappropriate names? I know that obviously the big four-letter words and racial slurs are a big no-no, so it's not one of those. But I'm a little worried the word I want to use (kind of need to use 'cause it's part of some lyrics) is right there on the border, so I'd like to check.

You may want to check the Name Check Thread:

While there's no specific list, you can ask specifically if it would be allowed, and someone (a mod even) will answer.