Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

I am getting an API error trying to put a teleport in there. o.O

That's what happens to me too...

I've been getting an error on that site for the past two days when trying to check my scroll records, so I think something is wrong with that site.

I suspect that the leave & take site *also* calls the API with http instead of https - so this one *is* TJ's bit to fix.

For a few days now, I've noticed that all the sprites in cave look extremely pixely, low resolution, and fragmented; like when you take a picture in MSpaint and enlarge it. Things on the forum and in people's signatures look fine, and I'm not having any issue on any other site I frequent-- it's just DC. Lineage tiles look normal as do eggs in the AP, but everything on people's scrolls as well as view pages look pixely.

Anyone else experiencing this, or maybe have an idea what's causing it? It's odd to say the least.

Are you perchanced zoomed in or out? Browsers remember that nowadays (per site even), but CTRL+0 might reset your zoom level.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Nope, not zoomed out. Forgot to mention I'm on mobile, though, which may complicate things haha. Mobile tends to be so finicky about things. 

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I suspect that the leave & take site *also* calls the API with http instead of https - so this one *is* TJ's bit to fix.

He says it isn't part of the cave so not to ask about it here, and that it's working for him...

And actually it just worked for me.... but NOT for checking my scroll - it won't let me log in.

Edited by fuzzbucket

10 hours ago, Nine said:

Nope, not zoomed out. Forgot to mention I'm on mobile, though, which may complicate things haha. Mobile tends to be so finicky about things. 

TJ announced this with the last update:

• Sprites on retina/high-DPI displays should render more crisply (i.e. like pixel art) instead of blurry.

6 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

[snip].... but NOT for checking my scroll - it won't let me log in.

It's not working for scrolls with a higher amount of dragons for quite a time now (believe it's over 5.000 but not quite sure)

6 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

He says it isn't part of the cave so not to ask about it here, and that it's working for him...

You know, quoting that to me in response to something I posted several hours *before* that thread was even created is kinda ... mostly popping a bunch of questionmarks into my sleep-deprived brain. Do you expect me to look at future threads when I post things? With a crystal ball or somesuch? Just wondering. You may need to tell me where I find one of those though.

When I try the Check Scroll feature, upon clicking the Login button I get "You must enter this page from another site. Please ensure that your browser is sending referrers and try again." which is rubbish. I DID get there from another site, and my referrers are referring fine for any OTHER purpose, thank you.

"Your Status

Referrers are enabled. You should not experience any referrer-related errors"

Yeah, funny.

Quick question: If a Guardian of Nature is killed/released, and you had the max limit of three before, it can be replaced right?

If you release it, you can summon another one.

If you kill an adult or frozen GoN, it will forever be associated with your account, and you will *not* be able to summon a new one.

If you kill it while it's growing, you may be able to summon another one - not sure though.

20 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

If you release it, you can summon another one.

If you kill an adult or frozen GoN, it will forever be associated with your account, and you will *not* be able to summon a new one.

If you kill it while it's growing, you may be able to summon another one - not sure though.

For killing the adult part, does it only apply if you turn it into a neglected/zombie dragon?

No. ALL dead adults stay on your account - they just become invisible to you after 2 weeks. You can still acess them if you know their code though.

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You know, quoting that to me in response to something I posted several hours *before* that thread was even created is kinda ... mostly popping a bunch of questionmarks into my sleep-deprived brain. Do you expect me to look at future threads when I post things? With a crystal ball or somesuch? Just wondering. You may need to tell me where I find one of those though.

When I try the Check Scroll feature, upon clicking the Login button I get "You must enter this page from another site. Please ensure that your browser is sending referrers and try again." which is rubbish. I DID get there from another site, and my referrers are referring fine for any OTHER purpose, thank you.

"Your Status

Referrers are enabled. You should not experience any referrer-related errors"

Yeah, funny.

No - but as he had since said that, I thought it was worth mentioning. And your post about the problem was the most thorough at that time. Would it have been more useful NOT to mention the thread ?

Especially worth mentioning, though, as he said we shouldn't ask about the whole https://dcrecords.tj09.net/  here, as  it  is not part of this site and we should only contact him directly about it - and closed the thread - and as he says cheerfully that  it's working for HIM, maybe we should be bombarding HIM with messages, to get his attention - since no-one but him seems to be finding it working..

I picked up an egg from the cave. the species says Gallus gallus domesticus. is this a bug? if not, what dragon is this?

Edit: Further research shows that it is, in fact, a chicken.

Edited by chatbugdweeb

1 hour ago, chatbugdweeb said:

I picked up an egg from the cave. the species says Gallus gallus domesticus. is this a bug? if not, what dragon is this?

Edit: Further research shows that it is, in fact, a chicken.

Congrats, you are now the proud owner of a chicken.  There are no roosters, and you can't breed them but they are cute.

17 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

TJ announced this with the last update:

I'm not sure I quite understand. He updated the site so things look worse on mobile? Things were never blurry for me before, and only since last week have things looked terribly pixely and low quality; that post looks a bit earlier. 

I don't know, maybe it is connected to what I'm experiencing, but I would have to question the point of making things look worse for some users.

Edit: I'd take a screenshot to show how pixely sprites look now, but unfortunately mobile screen capture tends to make everything look terrible anyways =p 

Edited by Nine

The sprites on my phone look even better than on my laptop, it's definitely not universally ruined for mobile.

I didn't think so either, since I'm sure a lot more people would be complaining if it had. And since this issue popped up a few days ago for me and the site got those updates back in August, I am unsure if it's tied to that happening.

Which makes it even more bizarre, because like I said it's only for DC, so it can't be my mobile device either... and AP and lineage sprites look fine, so I know I'm not going insane. I'm stumped.

How difficult is it to get an uncommon egg from a common x uncommon pairing?

For example, a Kingcrowne egg from Kingcrowne x Horse

Kingcrowne shouldn't be too difficult to get from a Horse since the Kingcrowne is much newer.

Who defined Kingcrownes as uncommon?

40 minutes ago, Seahorse said:

How difficult is it to get an uncommon egg from a common x uncommon pairing?

For example, a Kingcrowne egg from Kingcrowne x Horse

Honestly it can vary wildly based on breed ratios, popularity, newness, and so on. I once spent a year trying to get an ember from spirit ward, while conversely I've gotten a copper from greenwing within two tries. All you can really do is try--and pray! ;~;

That being said, it should be super easy to get a kingcrowne from horse, since kingcrownes are both new and common. Like Ruby Eyes I'm unsure why anyone feels Kingcrownes are uncommon quite yet. Maybe uncommon as far as commons go, but I see them sitting in the cave fairly often.

38 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Kingcrowne shouldn't be too difficult to get from a Horse since the Kingcrowne is much newer.

Who defined Kingcrownes as uncommon?

19 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Honestly it can vary wildly based on breed ratios, popularity, newness, and so on. I once spent a year trying to get an ember from spirit ward, while conversely I've gotten a copper from greenwing within two tries. All you can really do is try--and pray! ;~;

That being said, it should be super easy to get a kingcrowne from horse, since kingcrownes are both new and common. Like Ruby Eyes I'm unsure why anyone feels Kingcrownes are uncommon quite yet. Maybe uncommon as far as commons go, but I see them sitting in the cave fairly often.

Ahh okay, so it would be quite hard to get a horse from a kingcrowne? Perhaps?

And the wiki defines Kingcrowne as Uncommon....