Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

41 minutes ago, Akasaki said:

Just saw it again -- so I thought, I'll ask.

Sometimes I can see the "breed" when I have the egg, but as a hatchling or adult there is no "breed"/link. Why is that? And is that normal? Are there requirements?

There are times though, where I can see the breed with an adult and when I cannot see the link with the egg... Should I report these when found? Just wondered.

I do NOT know if there is a pattern -- I just did not think too much about it. Don't do it now either by the way, but I wondered again and then thought about here... So, yeah~ XD

Check your Encyclopedia (on your account) the link only shows up if you have the breed unlocked. So I would guess you have the eggs of that breed unlocked but not yet the adult sprites?

:ph34r:'d by Fuzzy :D

Edited by herk

Hm~ Could be. I have so many dragons I had before the encyclopedia, that I don't always know, when I got them XD Guess I'll look out for that~

42 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

How many total unique breeds are there?

There's 197 now.

7 hours ago, Marie19R said:

The Encyclopedia has 188 dragons listed.

198 actually.

Anyone else having problems with groups? They're jumbled up (I had it set to breed sort) but I can't get them to reset themselves either through edit or the drop down menu. 

Edit: I'm on mobile.

Edited by Toyo

Hi there! ^__^

I checked my fogged egg for an nd experiment aIittle after 10 pm eastern time yesterday and saw it had 21 hrs left. Then I checked on it again this morning to find it unfogged, with clicks/views (6/58/870) and dead  O_0! With that much time on it, it would have been more likely to have hatched than died.  Then I saw the update thread about maintenance this morning and egg revival possibility ... whew! I don't know what happened, but could you'll assist me in contacting the appropriate party to restore this egg: dragcave.net/view/9ZodY . It doesn't have to be restored to clicks/views of 1/1/1, if it could have it's remaining time back so it can hatch, that'd be great. 

Thanks in advance for the help

Edited by priscel

7 minutes ago, Toyo said:

Anyone else having problems with groups? They're jumbled up (I had it set to breed sort) but I can't get them to reset themselves either through edit or the drop down menu. 

Check the News for the latest site update. There are still a few glitches to be ironed out.

4 minutes ago, priscel said:

could you'll assist me in contacting the appropriate party to restore this egg: dragcave.net/view/9ZodY 

That would be TJ himself, I suppose. Looking at the stolen date, it shouldn't have died before tomorrow. :blink:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Check the News for the latest site update. There are still a few glitches to be ironed out.

Ah, I see, thank you!

49 minutes ago, priscel said:

Hi there! ^__^

I checked my fogged egg for an nd experiment aIittle after 10 pm eastern time yesterday and saw it had 21 hrs left. Then I checked on it again this morning to find it unfogged, with clicks/views (6/58/870) and dead  O_0! With that much time on it, it would have been more likely to have hatched than died.  Then I saw the update thread about maintenance this morning and egg revival possibility ... whew! I don't know what happened, but could you'll assist me in contacting the appropriate party to restore this egg: dragcave.net/view/9ZodY . It doesn't have to be restored to clicks/views of 1/1/1, if it could have it's remaining time back so it can hatch, that'd be great. 

Thanks in advance for the help

That's weird... I wonder if you misread and then also had someone mess with your account or something. I can't imagine how maintenance would have ruined it, I saw people successfully do ND experiments right after maintenance today. Also, you would not have had a Gilded Bloodscale turn ND anyway. Maybe you already knew that and were trying to disprove it.

1 minute ago, Mangrit said:

I wonder if you misread

Look at the egg's stolen date. It was not yet due for dying.

edit: unless of course it had been incubated which I cannot know ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Most ND experiments are incubated for telebouncing so... dying after 6 days looks right to me?

36 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

That's weird... I wonder if you misread and then also had someone mess with your account or something. I can't imagine how maintenance would have ruined it, I saw people successfully do ND experiments right after maintenance today. Also, you would not have had a Gilded Bloodscale turn ND anyway. Maybe you already knew that and were trying to disprove it.

Nope, I didn't know that ^__^' was hoping to try for a "Zod" neglected. Noted, I appreciate the info. No one else had access at that time, all the sleepyheads were tucked in. ^__^

35 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

edit: unless of course it had been incubated which I cannot know ...

Thank you for the info.  I know we can't contact him directly, so I'll just wait and see what he decides here.  Exactly, I did incubate it, but when I checked it while it was still fogged it showed it had 21 hrs left and was at 1/1/1 clicks & views. I definitely didn't click unfog by accident *shrugs & sighs* A mystery, if I can have the egg back, that'd be nice, I'd keep it just for the code (lol now that I know you can't nd this breed). If not, I understand. Thank y'all again!

Edited by priscel

Ward doesn't work on hatchlings, right? I'm fairly certain it only works on eggs, but I wanted to make sure.

17 minutes ago, andromedae said:

Ward doesn't work on hatchlings, right? I'm fairly certain it only works on eggs, but I wanted to make sure.

You cannot use it on hatchlings, but when used on an egg, it carries over to the hatchling for the remainder of the time:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/179608-raise-the-hours-on-ward/?do=findComment&comment=9537899

This is the second time I have seen this at 2am, is there a group or something doing this? All the Olives in the AP.

5 hours ago, Acridic said:

This is the second time I have seen this at 2am, is there a group or something doing this? All the Olives in the AP.

Well, Olives are apart of this year's Holly Contest, so perhaps a few people are trying to get them out there? I do not see a thread that is telling people to mass-breed them, so it could be the work of a single person with a lot of Olives as well.

This is what was posted in the Screenshot Thread as a wall of Olives hit the AP two and half week ago:

my trade partners were having a hard time finding olives, so I did a mass breed (didn't think I had enough to make a wall)

I warded my Ice egg at 5:23 pm. Now it's 12:27 am and I can't use ward again. Doesn't it wear off after 6 hours? I know the sickness mechanic was changed a little at Sunday, but the Ward BSA shouldn't be affected by this change, right?

17-08-22 Ward.png

Edited by Anemonis

14 minutes ago, Anemonis said:

I warded my Ice egg at 5:23 pm. Now it's 12:27 am and I can't use ward again. Doesn't it wear off after 6 hours? I know the sickness mechanic was changed a little at Sunday, but the Ward BSA shouldn't be affected by this change, right?

17-08-22 Ward.png

Ward can only be used once per egg, even after it has worn off.

I made a group to put all my zombies in and while I was doing that, I noticed dragons that were long dead being able be pick to be put in a group.

Like this guy: https://dragcave.net/view/zipY

Is this normal? i'm just mostly curious about this.

edit: to the two that replied: hm, interesting, I'm guessing my zombie attempts group is going to be full of dead dragons then if I failed to zombiefied them. :lol:

Edited by Lady Dragoon
replying to my replies without spaming lol

Huh, you're right. I have bookmarked a dragon whom I expunged with my very first Soulpeace, and looking up its code in the "add dragons" filter shows him. Likewise do 2 Brutes (her parents: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zs8Xj) show up that failed to revive/zombify almost 3 years ago. Since they don't get deleted from the database anymore, they also never seem to lose their association with their owner's account.

I hope it stays this way. It's probably not intentional, but I like having my "Ghosts" group.

(I decided my dead dragons are ghosts, just another spooky dragon type like Zombies and Vampires. Makes it easier to kill them for Zombie attempts. :P )