Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

9 minutes ago, Ribombee said:

Does anyone know where the thread for the checker database went? I thought it would be in breeding, but didn't see it. Tried a search and still didn't find it.

I did a search and found it under trading :)

Edited by The Dragoness

7 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I did a search and found it under trading :)

Thanks much! I don't know why it didn't come up for me when I put in "checker database". Oh well!

9 hours ago, Zeditha said:

Is it a bug or just a feature of the new forum that I get logged out when I log in from a new location? I know it's a feature on the main site, but usually I'm always logged in on the forum from both of my computers and it's sort of annoying (although not difficult) to log in every time I switch.

This actually happens to me on most forums and DC was the one exception so it might be a feature of newer forum software. New devices as well as new internet connections on the same device. Just make sure your password is saved! When I had to log back into DC, I forgot what password I used and for some reason my laptop hadn't saved it properly. Oops. 

Edited by StormWizard212

On 8/29/2017 at 4:43 PM, Metal-n-Monster said:

With Sock gone, who do we report inappropriate names to? Z?

Any moderator can help with any kind of report in the game.  Just send us the information and we will get the ball rolling.

My post in cave born trading says it's hidden.

Edit: nevermind, no need to unhide it any longer.

Edited by Shadowdrake

If you breed a colored stripe to a dragon that doesn't produce a particular stripe color, what do you get? A white stripe, a stripe the color of the stripe parent, a random stripe...?

11 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

If you breed a colored stripe to a dragon that doesn't produce a particular stripe color, what do you get? A white stripe, a stripe the color of the stripe parent, a random stripe...?

The colour of stripe doesn't matter, because it's always the other parent that determines the colour. All dragons produce a particular stripe colour, and a few species can randomly produce a few colours (e.g. Winter Magi can breed white, green, or red stripes). The only exception is stripe x stripe pairings, where the colour is entirely random. The results of every pairing aren't known yet; there's a thread for discovering what colour stripe a specific pairing produces here. You can find the stripe colours produced by most dragons here, on the DC Wiki.

Edited by songwithnosoul

11 minutes ago, songwithnosoul said:

The colour of stripe doesn't matter, because it's always the other parent that determines the colour. All dragons produce a particular stripe colour, and a few species can randomly produce a few colours (e.g. Winter Magi can breed white, green, or red stripes). The only exception is stripe x stripe pairings, where the colour is entirely random. The results of every pairing aren't known yet; there's a thread for discovering what colour stripe a specific pairing produces here. You can find the stripe colours produced by most dragons here, on the DC Wiki.

I'm talking about breeding with dragons that don't seem to produce certain stripes, like purples. If I breed a red stripe to a purple, does it default to white, or does it give a red, or a random?

6 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I'm talking about breeding with dragons that don't seem to produce certain stripes, like purples. If I breed a red stripe to a purple, does it default to white, or does it give a red, or a random?

You will get a white stripe. Example: https://dragcave.net/progeny/z3BPz

Edited by purplehaze

4 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

You won't get a red stripe because the colour of the stripe parent doesn't matter at all. Purple dragons do happen to produce white stripes, but it can be hard to guess what colour any individual species will produce without testing it. White Zyumorphs produce green stripes, for example, and Golden Wyverns produce black stripes rather than defaulting to white. The only way to know for sure is to check someplace like the DC Wiki.

Is there a rule on "resurrecting" old threads? I have something to post in a thread in General Discussion, but the last reply was years ago... I don't want to get in trouble for bringing it back to life if there's a rule on bumping old stuff. Heh.

Of course, page wrap ...

19 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Is there a rule on "resurrecting" old threads? I have something to post in a thread in General Discussion, but the last reply was years ago... I don't want to get in trouble for bringing it back to life if there's a rule on bumping old stuff. Heh.

If you weren't allowed to post in it, it would have been closed ;)

As far as I know, Sock recommended to make a fresh thread if it's something which needs an updated 1st post or which has completely changed since then, but otherwise you can re-use old threads if your contribution matches the topic.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Thank you for your answer, Ruby Eyes! ^.^

Okay, so, I JUST saw this... Why?

image.png.8b404f8b0310d8e08fbae4d8c8f077cc.png

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

40 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Thank you for your answer, Ruby Eyes! ^.^

Okay, so, I JUST saw this... Why?

image.png.8b404f8b0310d8e08fbae4d8c8f077cc.png

I've been getting that quite a bit in the last day or so.

26 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I've been getting that quite a bit in the last day or so.

Same here.  It doesn't last long but it pops up every so often.  The old version of the forum would make you wait a bit before a post went through sometimes, but it didn't look like this.

That's odd. Have you tried doing a hard refresh or clearing your cache? Or maybe logging out and back in again? Or trying a different browser? Hopefully one of these things might be able to straighten the market back up. :)

okay, finally got around to wading through all the inbox message i had deliberately deleted over the years and which were unfortunately restored during the forum upgrade -- and after going through 400+ messages, i've found that many of the messages i had deliberately *saved* appear to be gone. is there somewhere they might be, other than the inbox?

my apologies if this information is available somewhere or if this has already been discussed; i couldn't come up with a search term that yielded useful results.

If you click 'inbox' it will show you a list of your different folders. Have you looked through there to see if there's a folder they've been saved to?

Edited by StormWizard212

@StormWizard212 -- that was the first thing i did. the folders i had created were empty; the only folder with anything in it besides inbox was "sent (old)," and that did not have any of the conversations i was looking for, although it did have 200+ messages i had purposefully deleted before.

i was hoping there was somewhere hidden/secret i didn't know about, but i guess this is just another thing i lost in the upgrade. :( thanks for trying help anyhow.

Is there a thread anywhere dedicated to people posting their username changes? And, related, but does anyone know how I can get in touch with S0r0k4?

You can also do a search of people's usernames and it might return results where they have included their name in a post somewhere. That's a good way to find people who have changed their usernames if you're looking for them. :)