Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Thank you, Marie and purplehaze! I have never come across that before. With all the updates and changes recently I wasn't sure if that was something new or what. I appreciate the help! ^-^

Edited by Lesh4537

5 minutes ago, Lesh4537 said:

Has something changed when abandoning an egg or hatchling? I tried to abandon a miscolored hatchling but can't. I get this - " You try to leash the hatchling to a tree trunk outside a nearby cave, but it chews through the rope and begins to follow you." o.O

Rare but not new. I remember getting that message years ago!

As Marie said, more attempts today will only give you the same message, but after midnight cave time you should be able to successfully abandon it.

I've been meaning to ask around here for a while since I signed up. But now I think I have all the important questions summed up. Bear with me as I am a new user of DC:

1) In my dragon encyclopaedia, only some of my egg breeds that I've hatched before allow me to unlock info in the encyclopaedia. Why is that? What makes the encyclopaedia register some breeds I hatched but not the others? How can I get the encyclopaedia to unlock info on breeds it's failed to update? I'm very confused. (Please note all of my eggs I obtain, which come from the abandoned area, the ratio of bred to first gen dragon eggs are roughly 50:50. So this cannot be the cause.).

2) How long does it take for a killed egg to disappear? I accidentally picked up the same breed of egg again after trying to scroll down a page on mobile, and need to get that 4th egg so I can bulk submit them into hatcheries.

3) Simar to the first question about the encyclopaedia, why is it that only half of my dragons (adult stage) display the box containing the name of their species with the name hyperlinked? Are the first question and this one linked somehow by the fact that information seems to be displaying selectively on certain dragons? I have no clue. 

These are all the questions I have for now. I'd be very happy if an experienced player would be able to answer them. ^^

24 minutes ago, V0ID said:

I've been meaning to ask around here for a while since I signed up. But now I think I have all the important questions summed up. Bear with me as I am a new user of DC:

1) In my dragon encyclopaedia, only some of my egg breeds that I've hatched before allow me to unlock info in the encyclopaedia. Why is that? What makes the encyclopaedia register some breeds I hatched but not the others? How can I get the encyclopaedia to unlock info on breeds it's failed to update? I'm very confused. (Please note all of my eggs I obtain, which come from the abandoned area, the ratio of bred to first gen dragon eggs are roughly 50:50. So this cannot be the cause.).

2) How long does it take for a killed egg to disappear? I accidentally picked up the same breed of egg again after trying to scroll down a page on mobile, and need to get that 4th egg so I can bulk submit them into hatcheries.

3) Simar to the first question about the encyclopaedia, why is it that only half of my dragons (adult stage) display the box containing the name of their species with the name hyperlinked? Are the first question and this one linked somehow by the fact that information seems to be displaying selectively on certain dragons? I have no clue. 

These are all the questions I have for now. I'd be very happy if an experienced player would be able to answer them. ^^

1. The encyclopaedia unlocks by your viewing other people's dragons, not only by what you raise.. You need to go look at other people's scrolls. Hover over the greyed out bits and you will get an idea of how many you need to view. Flamingoes are a killer - I think I viewed several hundred...

2. 2 weeks to the second from when it was killed.

3. Because the breed isn't unlocked. As soon as it is the link will show up.

Edited by fuzzbucket

18 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

1. The encyclopaedia unlocks by your viewing other people's dragons, not only by what you raise.. You need to go look at other people's scrolls. Hover over the greyed out bits and you will get an idea of how many you need to view. Flamingoes are a killer - I think I viewed several hundred...

2. 2 weeks to the second from when it was killed.

3. Because the breed isn't unlocked. As soon as it is the link will show up.

Thankyou!!

Ok, I tried clicking tons of Brute Dragons, all of the silhouette's are now sprites. But there still isn't info about them. I did this last night, so it's been about 9/10 hours. How long does it take to update? Or have I done something wrong? Here's my stats. 

1 minute ago, V0ID said:

Thankyou!!

Ok, I tried clicking tons of Brute Dragons, all of the silhouette's are now sprites. But there still isn't info about them. I did this last night, so it's been about 9/10 hours. How long does it take to update? Or have I done something wrong? Here's my stats. 

Not all breeds HAVE info to unlock. For Brutes it says: 

There are no notes available for this breed. Check back later; new information will be added periodically.

'later means after an Encyclopedia update - which happen  every couple of months or so (irregularly).

5 minutes ago, herk said:

Not all breeds HAVE info to unlock. For Brutes it says: 

'later means after an Encyclopedia update - which happen  every couple of months or so (irregularly).

Ahhhh, ok. 

Thankyou very much! ^^

19 hours ago, V0ID said:

(Please note all of my eggs I obtain, which come from the abandoned area, the ratio of bred to first gen dragon eggs are roughly 50:50. So this cannot be the cause.).

Something to note, though you didn't ask about this. If you are actually picking up all your eggs from the abandoned area, there's no need to kill the egg if it's not a breed you still want. All eggs from the abandoned page can be immediately re-abandoned. You can choose to kill it if you like but you can also just drop it back in just in case someone else would like that egg. Eggs from the cave itself have a 5 hour wait before you can abandon them but abandoned page eggs have no wait time. However, a manually killed egg takes up a slot for 24 hours.

You can use an Aeon. I don't know how that works on an ungendered.

45 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

You can use an Aeon. I don't know how that works on an ungendered.

not sure if it works on NDs - I'm not a neglecter but I vaguely remember that the BSA worked weird with NDs (or not at all)

Precog won't work on an ND, but the gender given on the egg beforehand will remain true.

Ungendered is another ballgame.

Edited by ainisarie

I'm trying to find a dragon throught its name but I dont know how to do that.The dragon name is Miazinha. 

Do dragons with an all capital code have any value?

i have a question, where i can find the DC dragons avatars? i remember i found them but i dont remember where are they

these are on forums btw

Edited by SpedArca
Added something

I think that option was removed with the forum's upgrade some months ago.

I'm cutting it rather close this time... When exactly do Seasonals change? I know it's on the equinox, on the 22nd of September, but does it happen at midnight or at the exact time?

51 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I'm cutting it rather close this time... When exactly do Seasonals change? I know it's on the equinox, on the 22nd of September, but does it happen at midnight or at the exact time?

TJ recommended a sit e like this - https://greenwichmeantime.com/longest-day/equinox-solstice-2010-2019.htm - to check, and that does say the 22nd, so tomorrow should be the final day for summer seasonals.

1 hour ago, Fly-by-Night said:

For Dragon Cave breeding, it changes at midnight.

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

For Dragon Cave breeding, it changes at midnight.

CAVE TIME !