Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Used to vary due to differing amount of breeds in Alpine and Forest, but nowadays they're pretty equal.

Is there a way to contact a user on DC? The user in question has adopted some eggs just recently, so they have been on, but not on the forum, so they didn't get my message (and eggs tend to grow up and become uninfluence-able and untransferable, y'know...)

If only there was a directed egg transfer request option - like the usual teleport, but pointed at the recipient so that they get a heads up in-game...

47 minutes ago, Snowwall said:

Is there a way to contact a user on DC? The user in question has adopted some eggs just recently, so they have been on, but not on the forum, so they didn't get my message (and eggs tend to grow up and become uninfluence-able and untransferable, y'know...)

If only there was a directed egg transfer request option - like the usual teleport, but pointed at the recipient so that they get a heads up in-game...

No, there is currently no way to directly contact a user on DC if you don't use the forum. If the eggs the user has adopted were bred from yours, the best way to get them to notice is temporarily change the parent dragons' names and politely ask for the eggs. :3 Keep in mind that the user is not obligated to give those eggs, though. (Unless that's not why you're trying to contact them?)

Can anyone else use Fertility right now? I'm trying to, but the list of dragons seems to be stuck on the loading screen...

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

No, there is currently no way to directly contact a user on DC if you don't use the forum. If the eggs the user has adopted were bred from yours, the best way to get them to notice is temporarily change the parent dragons' names and politely ask for the eggs. :3 Keep in mind that the user is not obligated to give those eggs, though. (Unless that's not why you're trying to contact them?)

Nah, the opposite problem - I've finally managed to breed them a long-promised egg and am trying to deliver it :)

You could  try putting a note in your sig, in case they are on forum under a different name. (Or, anyway - a lot of people have trouble with the new messaging system anyway...)

I have a different question; often, when I go to a thread that I've posted in, and go to "post reply" - I get what I posted - successfully - the last time, with a note "your previous content has been restored." Why; and can I stop it ? - it's irritating !

Sadly, doesn't look like it.

With the recent update, it seems the forum doesn't notice anymore when a post has been *sent* and the stored editor content isn't needed anymore.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

With the recent update, it seems the forum doesn't notice anymore when a post has been *sent* and the stored editor content isn't needed anymore.

Why does this not surprise me :( Thanks.

13 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Huh. I've only had this message pop up when I start to type a post, leave without submitting it, and return later. 

How many posts are required to reach level 10?

Edited by The Dragoness

7 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

How many posts are required to reach level 10?

2000, or actually I think 2001.

9 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Huh. I've only had this message pop up when I start to type a post, leave without submitting it, and return later. 

That's what this feature is intended for, but it "works" still after you've submitted your post and want to start a new one.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That's what this feature is intended for, but it "works" still after you've submitted your post and want to start a new one.

Not only that but NOW I sometimes also get one saying "quote one post" when I'm NOT doing.

2 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Not only that but NOW I sometimes also get one saying "quote one post" when I'm NOT doing.

You may have hit the "multi quote" button instead of the "quote" button at some point.

Does anybody else have problems with the list icon next to the "Add to Group" link on the view page?

It used to open the page with the groups list (leaving the view page), but now it seems to be the same as the "Add to Group" link; it only makes the dropdown menu appear.

It does work when I open it in a new tab, but that's a bit inconvenient... and I'm almost certain it was different just two hours ago.

It never did that for me. And three hours ago I used it and it didn't. Admittedly I wanted to add one to a group, but still - it just gave me the drop down. If I RIGHT click on it and go for open in new tab, I get the dragon on a page with all the groups listed - I guess that's what you mean ?

It WOULD be nice to have  a link that led to one's groups listed on one page without having to go to your account..

2 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

If I RIGHT click on it and go for open in new tab, I get the dragon on a page with all the groups listed - I guess that's what you mean ?

Yes, that's what I mean - I often use that page to manage a dragon's groups because I can see more groups at once than in the small dropdown. But now the link is somehow merged into the dropdown link, and I can't tell if that's intentional... and also apparently it either didn't change for other people, or no one even used it...? Confused Cat is confused.

Another thing that's making me question my sanity a little bit right now - didn't an egg usually appear on the confirmation page after being influenced? I just influenced one, and on the page that says "[dragon] uses its knowledge of egg rearing to influence the egg to be male.", there is only the BSA Pink, and not the egg. Was it... like this... yesterday? HALP, I'm (not) seeing things... :lol:

Edit: I'm on the default skin btw.

Edited by Confused Cat

Hey, so I'm guessing certain dragons are more prone to getting sick than others? My prize egg keeps getting sick, the other eggs and hatchies are fine. Does anyone know what other eggs get sick easier than others? 

12 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Another thing that's making me question my sanity a little bit right now - didn't an egg usually appear on the confirmation page after being influenced? I just influenced one, and on the page that says "[dragon] uses its knowledge of egg rearing to influence the egg to be male.", there is only the BSA Pink, and not the egg. Was it... like this... yesterday? HALP, I'm (not) seeing things... :lol:

Edit: I'm on the default skin btw.

I noticed that as well, today, on old Blackout skin. Seems TJ is not done tweaking yet, but I do miss the influencee and the incubatee on the according BSA confirmation page ...

4 minutes ago, Vixey said:

Hey, so I'm guessing certain dragons are more prone to getting sick than others? My prize egg keeps getting sick, the other eggs and hatchies are fine. Does anyone know what other eggs get sick easier than others? 

Prize dragons, Avatars, GoNs and Zyus need way more stats than other dragons to advance to the next stage, but they get sick at the same amount of stats as any other egg. That usually a problem when you incubate them and throw them into ERs, but if you give them a few hours of fog, around 3d 18h they should hatch safely (after unfogging, of course).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I've been trying to update my signature with some images, but the forum isn't accepting them. I've followed the instructions on the “how to use the new forum” thread and pasted the images themselves, but the images still aren’t working. Any help would be appreciated. 

Has anyone else had problems moving messages from one folder to another? I posted about this a couple of days ago, but got no response. I have been able to successfully move some messages, but not others. When I try to move those I just keep getting kicked back to my Inbox with the messages still sitting there. :wacko:

1 hour ago, w5aw5 said:

I've been trying to update my signature with some images, but the forum isn't accepting them. I've followed the instructions on the “how to use the new forum” thread and pasted the images themselves, but the images still aren’t working. Any help would be appreciated. 

Try pasting them into your signature by using their direct url (the url with .png at the end, for instance). That's how I get mine to work.

Lately some of my eggs still show 0 clicks even though I've clicked on them several times. I know clicks are not necessary but it really bothers me to have grown dragons with a 0 for clicks. Did something change?

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Has anyone else had problems moving messages from one folder to another? I posted about this a couple of days ago, but got no response. I have been able to successfully move some messages, but not others. When I try to move those I just keep getting kicked back to my Inbox with the messages still sitting there. :wacko:

I had that issue with deleting, which didn't work whenever I had opened a new tab with the inbox. That's designed to drive one crazy!

Basically, it only worked when I opened the inbox from the forum main page in the same tab. Try if that helps you?

17 minutes ago, agilkees said:

Lately some of my eggs still show 0 clicks even though I've clicked on them several times. I know clicks are not necessary but it really bothers me to have grown dragons with a 0 for clicks. Did something change?

Seems to be some sort of view-bombing countermeasure TJ put into a place a few months or so ago. Since just last night I had a viewbombing attempt on my dragons, I'm somewhat glad about that ...

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I had that issue with deleting, which didn't work whenever I had opened a new tab with the inbox. That's designed to drive one crazy!

Basically, it only worked when I opened the inbox from the forum main page in the same tab. Try if that helps you?

Nope. It still kicks me back to the inbox with the message still sitting there thumbing its nose at me. :wacko:

1 hour ago, agilkees said:

I have had this problem a couple of times in recent weeks. It was just 1 or 2 eggs on my scroll. The others got clicks from me normally. I posted about it here: 

but got no real answer. Each time others were able to register clicks on my eggs.

Two of my new release eggs are doing it now.